• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Damned Unit (Sign up's)

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
“Did you really think, you could stop me? A group of rustic monstrosities made of nothing but metal scraps from a garbage dump? Oh no no no no, you see, you lack something, something vital, something that only I possess. You lack technology, my friend.”

“Technology?”

“Yes, technology. You see, your kind had only managed to skim the possibilities technology could bring, where as my kind dedicated our entire lives to it. We were constantly coming up with new possibilities, new gadgets, new…weapons.”

“How?”

“Now now, if I told you then I may run the risk of you being able to control it for yourselves. All you need to know is that I possess the power to turn this world…Up. Side. Down
To be perfectly honest with you it seems to me as if I have surpassed this world. After all it is nothing more than a dump now. Your forests, your water. I have, dare I say…Caused the apocalypse, hah hah hah hah hah.”

“Why?”

“Why? Simply because I could. With all this power what was I ever going to do?”

“Help…”

“Help? Why my dear boy why should I help your kind? Surly if I had not put an end to your miserable way of living you would have simply destroyed it yourselves. You see, your kind, take everything for granted, if I were to give you our knowledge, you would simply take and not return. I have watched your kind for many years, so you cannot deny that all you do is take.”

Silence was all that met the statement. A silence that confirmed the truth. There was an amused snarl and the rustle of clothing as the captor rose from his place and made his way over to the captive who was nothing more than a shrivelled heap on the floor. He glanced down at him and a pitying emotion crossed his face. “Your kind really are pathetic.” He leaned down and grasped something cold and metallic in his palm. He studied the offending item and ripped it from its socket before throwing it to the floor in disgust. “You mock me with your weak attempts and understanding technology. There is so much your kind should have learnt, but didn’t.”

There was a wheezing cough from the captive and it rose its body slightly from the hard floor. There was a scrape of metal and he managed to make eye contact with his captor. “My ‘kind’ found more important things to dedicate they’re lives to. Love, friendship, compassion. We were not cold hearted monsters who sought to understand everything. Your kind seems to have wasted they’re lives on studying scraps of metal and electronics. How-” The voice was cut off abruptly by a kick to the face from the captor. He was sent hurdling backwards before his head came to rest painfully upon the cold floor. A foot planted itself firmly atop his chest.

“You dare mock me, my kind! Love and compassion was not what destroyed your planet. It was technology! I am the one standing over you, your life in my grasp! Am I not!?” It was a rhetorical question, but one the gasping captive answered none the less.

“Now what then? You have fulfilled all you can, what will you…what will you do next?” The voice was pained, but sure of itself.

“I will move on, destroy another and another.”

“And what happens when there is nothing left? What purpose will you and your precious technology have then?”

“The galaxy’s are plentiful, filled with planets, enough to satisfy me and my people.”

“And for what purpose?”

“Simply to demonstrate out findings. To further our understanding.”

“Then you have no purpose”

There was a sickening squelch, followed by more silence.

*~*~*~*~*~

“We have lost contact with Scrapheap, Sir.” A voice echoed from a cornered computer. A young man sat staring at a static screen, a look of worry on his face. “I…I cant get a heartbeat, sir.”

“Then he is no longer with us.” A man sighed from across the room. He was an aged man, greying hair with a wrinkled face, but not aged to the point where he was not active. A white moustache decorated his upper lip and a black patch covered his left eye. He wore a ragged lab coat, drenched mostly with black oil and a simple attire underneath. He stepped close to the computer monitor in order to observe the crackling screen and lowered his head in disappointment. “We are loosing this battle, men. I fear we are not going to see this through. Though I am determined to fight to the end.” The aging man stepped towards the exit to the rusting computer room and sighed, laying a fragile hand on the doors metal frame. “Disconnect from Scrapheap, he is a lost cause. God rest his soul.”

The foot steps echoed down the hallway, completely bare of any life. It was bed time for the members of the shelter. Parents and children were asleep in they’re cots whilst the rest sat awake developing new ways in which to save they’re life deprived planet. In just a few hours, the members of the shelter would raise from they’re plagued dreams and continue life as much as possible within the confinement. There was not much to be said about they’re rustic ‘home’. They had enough food to last them a while longer, having prepared before the ‘happening’ and though water was running low, they were still well off for the 200 or so people that lived there.

The old man opened a heavy door with great difficulty. Stepping into the darkness as if he had been there countless times. The lights were dimmed here and there seemed to be no sign of life until a crouched heap stood from the floor. White lab coat draping across the frame and seemingly to big for the body that carried it. The person in questions shuffled over to a bloody table and strew multiple metallic scraps across its surface before turning his gaze towards the aging man that was slowly shutting the door behind him. “For you to come crawlin’ back ‘ere must mean that ‘e was a failure, yes?”
“Don’t start with me, Bowen. I am in no mood to be toyed with.” The man stated, his fist colliding roughly with the bloodied table. “I want more of them out there now. Do what you will, just make them better than the last bunch.”

“And what be makin’ ya tink that these ‘uns will work, dis time?” The creature taunted from the other side of the table, “Dey just be more failures. Like we always knew, we lack da technology.”
“For your sake, they had better not be.” The man threatened, taking up a stick from one of the nearby tables surrounding the centremost and using it as a prop for his body. “This…thing is close to wiping this planet from existence. It’s creations are looking for our camps as we speak and god knows what else lays upon the surface after the explosion. All we know is that if we don’t want to die a painful death, we are going to have to do something about it.”
“What be making ya think that there be more creatures out there, mon? We aint caught nuttin on our trackers and the bots ain’t caught nutting either.”
“Our bots have caught nothing because that things monstrosities keep wiping them out! It was a miracle Scrapheap got so far as to actually meet it in person!” He yelled, a finger pointing in the general direction of the location he assumed Scrapheap had died.
“Aye..” The other creature murmured, shuffling around the room for equipment. “Get dos guards of yours to bring me in some live uns then. I’ll ‘ave em up and runnin’ within da week.”

Plot

The world was once fully populated by human beings. Odd creatures that walked upon two legs and were made of flesh, bone and blood. They had developed in the ways of technology so far as to know how to create a jetpack and small robot companions, heck some had even managed to forge a hover car or two. Still the earth was populated with machines running on fuel and electricity as the humans understanding did not go further than this, as hard as they tried. What they had not expected was for a race of higher intelligence to appear and attempt to take they’re home land from them. A war has waged for going on a year now. One that no one had foreseen. People had talked about an apocalypse for years but never had they actually pictured it to be anything like this. The aliens that attacked they’re once peaceful world came with robots the size of skyscrapers and vehicles such as the humans had never seen. They plagued the sky’s and soon the ground was no longer dominated by the living.

But the human race were not as simple as they’re attackers predicted. With the growing belief that an Apocalypse would no doubt happen, the humans build underground camps adorned with heavy metallic armour and living quarters, stocked to the brim with food and a system that run through the ground to rivers and ponds for water. After quarter of a year, what remained of the human race took shelter in these camps and lived they’re lives beneath the earth, depending completely on the food storage and the military to keep them safe. Wanting to be sure of the destruction of man kind, the alien leader demanded a bomb of sorts be dropped in every country across the globe, one of immense power and range in order to rid the ‘new world’ of any living being. And so its demands were met and the globe was soon covered in flames and toxins that would have wiped out any living soul that dared walk its face.

Half a year passed after the bombing and it was growing impossible for the humans to live underground any longer with they’re food supplies running low and the lakes surly drying up. Something needed to be done….

Having lost contact with other camps across the globe, Sergeant Karuma took the well being of camp Alpha into his own hands and demanded a party search the area around them for any signs of life or clues as to what exactly happened above ground. Using a generator and the technology they had managed to save from destruction they were able to track the team as they explored the land above. What they found was nothing they had ever imagined.

The land was bare save for the metal scraps of buildings long destroyed. Mutated creatures roamed the surface assumed to have been human beings once before the toxins got to them. And what was more disturbing were the robots patrolling the wastes. All they had known had been destroyed.

Your role

You will be wondering what your role in this story is, no doubt?

Well Doctor Bowen one of the leading scientists in Camp Alpha has eagerly taken on the challenge of creating a half human half robot hybrid that can act on its on free will but still have the strength and immunities to get it through the harsh terrain of the lands above. Using scraps of metal from old robots and the technologies he has learned from some defeated robots of the opposing race, he has cleverly come up with you.

Technically, you are human. But with some minor modifications, be it a gun arm or night vision eyes. You have the interior of a normal human being….but the exterior of a hardened robot.

Welcome to the Damned Unit.

Setting

It is a time where robots as tall as skyscrapers roam the earth killing all living life forms in its path. The land itself it waste, nothing but metal scraps and ruins of the past. Ashes are all the decorate the floor and the air is thick with toxins and dust. Any normal being would have easily died here. But what if I were to tell you that the nuclear bombs did not rid the world of everything…

Mutants are a common sight in these harsh times and though many are normally taken out by the patrolling robots, some are smart enough to hide and wait. There is no telling what you will find out there, perhaps you will stumble across other camp factions, perhaps you will stumble across mutant factions….it is hard to tell what the world is like when you have not seen it for as long as I.

Species

Human
Humans are on the verge of extinction. What is left populates the underground camps and it is very unlikely you will find one living above unless they are in some way mutated. There were other camps built across the world, but having lost contact with them, it is uncertain on whether they have survived or not.

Human-Robot Hybrids
This is you. You are basically humans with robotic alterations, be it a gun for an arm or perhaps your entire body is cover with metal. There have been many before you and many after you if you do not succeed in your mission to destroy the alien leader. You have the innards of a human being (a beating heart and brain) but the exterior of a robot.

Trolls
Trolls are what humans have decided to call mutants who are more human than mutant. They are basically survivors of the nuclear bombs who have been taken in but kept mostly in quarantine away from human beings. Trolls can vary in appearance and personality from having horns to having overly big body parts. They alternate as much as your normal human being, though you will find most Trolls to have quite hostile personalities.

Mutants
Mutated beings that have lost all sense of control and/or humanity. They vary in appearance and can even look completely normal but have incredibly hostile personalities. Having probably been starved of food, they will not hesitate to eat they’re own or other beings. You will find that most humans have disfigured body’s or slight abnormalities. The mutants are not only former human beings but can also be animals who have mutated far beyond recognition.

Robots
Simply put they are the enemy. Built by the invading aliens to patrol the earth, they will not hesitate to kill you and come in a variety of different sizes and appearances.

Unknown
Simply these are the alien invaders, though no one knows exactly what they look like as they lay hidden in they’re newly built buildings or they’re ships. Scrapheap was successful in finding the leader but it is uncertain of whether he had moved on since.

Important Characters (Note that more characters will be added as we go along)

Sergeant Karuma
Species: Human
Description:
Personality:
History:

Doctor Bowen
Species: Troll
Description:
Personality:
History:

Scrapheap
Species: Human-Robot Hybrid
Description:
Personality:
History:

Name:
(This is a codename you are given when you awake from the operation. You are no longer known by your true name)
Description: You are a half human half robot hybrid. Be creative, I am not going to put any restrictions on this apart from the fact you are of human height.
Personality:
History: What was your life like before the invasion? How did you come to be here and why are you undergoing the operation? Were you forced? Did you volunteer? Heck were you on the verge of death after a patrol mission and thought why the hell not?
Other:

I do want GOOD sign ups and I will not be taking reservations I’m afraid, there are five spots total. I will also edit character information soon. ATM I'm tired and I wanted to get it up XP My sign up with follow soon, PM me if you need any help or are confused.

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
Name: Delaware (Del) / Gama (will only appear in personality)

Description: Delaware is about six feet tall. His hair became prematurely grey and grown almost to the small of his back during the ‘2HBT1’ operation. He keeps it in a ponytail, and wears a black headband to keep his bangs out of his eyes (and to hide a nasty red scar that blemishes his normally pale white skin. It was obtained during the transformation operation). A pair of small rectangle sunglass are perched on the long bridge of his nose. The glasses occasionally cover his bright grey eyes. When going down to his torso though, Delaware starts looking less human.

His ‘new’ thin-looking torso is made of white and black metal pieced together to look like old leather armor. The pieces slide together well enough to allow nearly full movement (save scratching the small of his back… which won’t itch now anyway), and are almost unnoticeable as metal in the distance, and just look like shiny leather. This ensemble continues down to his wrists, where his hands become flesh again… on the outside at least. His hands are long and looked skilled at working small things, and are almost always covered in gloves. His legs are normal, and are clad in black pants comprised almost completely of belts (it was all the material they had at the moment for pants) making them pretty hard to take off.

His feet, on the other hand, are mechanical and extremely lightweight, while still being stable. They were designed to be able to hold Del’s weight while being soft soled… which brings up the soft leather pads on the bottom of the feet. The feet are designed to match Del’s torso.

Pesonality: Del is normally quiet and calm, not wanting to jump to conclusions. Most would describe him as timid or cowardly, not wanting to participate in a conflict and rathering to stay in the shadows. He lacks self confidence, and tries not to get in the way of others. He doesn't trust many people though, only those he has known for a while, and have proved their worth (being kind to him).

Del has a rational fear of being alone. He feels better when someone he hates is near, than when alone.When scared, Del does his best to hide and keep safe. Del doesn't like being yelled at or made fun of, but he doens't do anything about it. He just bites his lip and lets them continue.

Del enjoys the company of anyone, but mostly the people he trusts. If he is with people he likes, he can talk for hours... but if anyone he doesn't enjoy is near, he shuts up.

Gama: When Gama takes over, Del changes drastically. His face is stuck in a horrible grin, and his eyes are wild. He makes threats to anyone who disrespects him, and stands up to people Del would normally cower before. If anyone makes jokes about Del while Gama is in control, Gama will take the matter into his own hands… literally. Lifting someone up a couple feet in the air with his bionic torso is a favorite of his.

In a fight, Gama is ruthless and fearless. He will not stop swinging until every one of his enemies is dead or destroyed. Laughter spews from his ugly grin as he cleaves and hacks, never ceasing and growing louder and louder throughout the slice fest.

History: For a while, an idea for a Hybrid with the body of one individual, but the minds of two was thought out. The program was called ‘2HBT1’, or ‘2 Heads Better Than 1’. It was supposed to be a more intelligent life from due to the reasoning of two brains and opinions, instead of one. The plan never had a chance though, seeing as they needed the mind of one person, and the body and mind of another… but they never had both at the same time until the certain explosion of a patrol vehicle.

One night, on a routine patrol, Del and a few of his other teammates were caught in an explosion. A stray round caught the fuel tank on their outdated van. The old piece of junk had been scavenged and brought in due to low supplies. But the old tanks still had some gas in it… enough to cause a big ‘boom’ and chain react with more of the unstable containers in the area. The assailants were not found, and were believed to be killed as well, but two bodies where scavenged. One was missing arms (the hands were found next to the body though and proven to be working. The arms were useless), and the other was almost completely ruined, and near death.

This was what program ‘2HBT1’ needed. The operation didn’t go as smoothly as planned. While replacing the chest and arms of the working body, they began the first step. Adding the second brain in the cavity as well. But all the moving was too much for the mind, and even though it wasn’t seen while moving, it was driven nearly crazy. But that didn’t save the host body.

The host received some mental damage too. When connecting the brains, a small error was made, and his body went out of whack for a while, resulting in the wild growth/aging and color change in hair. Second, the trauma of both the accident and operation erased previous memory of existence from both minds. All memories of past events were erased, leaving only their knowledge, and tendencies behind.

After the operation, they were given the name ‘Delaware’(the host body, and the 'Fronteir') and ‘Gama’ (the mind that was saved from the dying body), and where looked on for a short time to examine the work. The results weren’t satisfying. It seemed that only Delaware’s mind seemed to work. Gama never appeared. So, Delaware was equipped with a unique set of feet to pair with the rest of his body, and modifications were made to the chest area. With his skilled human hands, and light feet, he was to be trained in recon and stealth.

But little did they know, that Gama was very much in Delaware… very much.

Other: When Delaware gets pushed too hard, gets too scared, or gets too angry Gama will take over his senses. Delaware will not be aware when this happens, and will not remember any of it. Gama will return to his semi-consious state after Delaware calms down while Gama is raging.

During the explosion, Delaware’s eyes were damaged, making them sensitive to light. But the operators used this to their advantage, and fixed it up so they would adapt to the darkness better than light, making him function better as a recon-bot.

Knives are hidden in several places in Del’s chassis. These are of varying shape and function. He can put them together in a variety of ways to create bigger weapons, including a broad sword if all of them are placed in the proper fashion. Del is only proficient in the knives, but Gama can use every weapon brutally. Not proficiant, but almost murderous.

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I_D's A Gonna Sign Up! Yeah!

Hey Shadowfaith, this sounds like a whole heap of fun. I hope I'm not going to be too creative for you.

Name: S.E.R.R.A (aka Serra)

Description: Serra is the only working 'survivor' of Dr Bowen's more delicate research programs called the S.E.R.R.A (Software-Equipped Reconnaissance and Restoration Android) Hybrid Project. Serra looks like a normal 19 year old girl. She mostly resembles what she used to look like. White-blond hair to her shoulders, green eyes, plain olive-coloured skin, small features on her face and chest - nothing spectacularly gorgeous, but still cute to look at, especially for someone originally of Asian descent. She was about 5'1'' in height and arms and legs in proportion, her torso slightly shorter than her legs. She wore ripped, black jeans and a white, form-fitting T-shirt more often than not.

Reinforced plastic which was resistant to most projectiles covered her stomach and lower back. She had the important features of alloyed steel plates where possible to increase her damage resistance. Her eyes were green from the detector lens sitting behind them. They eyes were implants of course and gave readouts of everything they saw, basic information such as dimensions, heat signatures, energy levels, material composition information, and all wavelengths of vision from high UV to x-ray vision was easy. The computer controlling this to give the read outs was located on the right of her head, where her ear should be and the programs cold be modified if need be. As the processing unit was there, it acted as her ear for that side of the head, dramatically increasing the range of frequencies she could hear as well as the distance over which and through which she could hear. The only two weapons that she carried were both part of what used to be her left hand. Starting half-way down her forearm, where the arm and hand should be, a gun has been put there instead. The gun had two main features. It functioned as a high powered femta-second laser (she had to press a button for the laser) capable of burning a hole through almost anything. The laser was very fine, but super intense. Green in colour, but to a trained eye, it had a faint blue-ish tinge to it. The gun the laser is installed on is a Gatling Gun (similar to that of Barret in FFVII) which could use almost anything as ammunition. It had notches in it that Serra had placed herself in case of emergency, it could be used rather effectively in hand-to-hand combat and a useful climbing tool. Her feet were her only body part that had been fully replaced, including half-way down the lower leg as well. They were built as best as possible due to the scrounging for parts, for fluid movement and swift running as well as durability for wear and tear while walking/running. On top of that, she has rocket launchers in each foot. Of course, they both needed to be powered by fuel and she had three small fuel cells in each leg to power each foot. The cells were built to be able to use plant material should it be required for fuel. Her back, across the shoulder blades held the stabilisers, her wings. They were retractable and were purely there to enable flight, however they were razor sharp, just in case. The only thing that was not installed was shields. She was built to be fast and respond quickly such that she should not need shields - this of course allowed for all the other weapons on her as well as tying her muscles into the metal on her arms, legs and back.

Personality: Serra is the type of person who keeps to herself, but has a fiery personality when provoked or actually feels the need to join in a conversation. She is level headed and never lets her emotions get in the rode. She is a bit of a tomboy and always takes a challenge with as much gusto as she could. At the same time, she is a caring and compassionate person when you allow her to get to know you and open up to her. She keeps secrets like nobody's business. She is the sort of person that likes to flick her hair for the reason of being able to feel it flowing in the wind.

History: Once a city girl who had a wonderful family, and gorgeous boyfriend and a comfortable life, Serra, who still has her old memories, and still remembers her real name is the only one left of her family so she knows, save her husband. Her mother was Asian and her father was of Anglo-Saxon descent, but she loved them both dearly. The car crash is still vivid in her ind as she was the sole survivor, and it was the reason she lost the lower half of her left leg, cut off below the knee. She got married as soon as she could to her boyfriend when the invasion happened, and has spent the rest of her life in this camp. However, when the opportunity arose to protect him, she left one night, leaving just a note saying her journey was an important one. Her choice to become an human-robot hybrid was voluntary as her need to protect came first and foremost. The good doctor gave her a new life with a new left leg, plus the ability to fly. She hides the metallic parts of her leg underneath her torn jeans, but has since mastered the skill of flying. Her other reasons for becoming half-robot were that she was tired of waiting for the invaders to eventually find the bunker they were hiding in. Plus, life in the bunker was comparatively boring otherwise. The process of becoming Serra, was painful, but she endured it to become the angel she represents now.

Other: The gun/laser on her arm was her idea since her tomboyish nature had lead her to becoming a mechanic when she was younger. Machines still fascinated her and when Dr Bowen suggested the item could be put on her arm, she liked the idea - she hated her left hand anyway since it was never as good as her right, however hard she trained, it just could never match up evenly. Of course, the attachment of a new left leg was a rejuvenating prospect. The one other thing that held her to her life and her goals, other than her loving husband, was her martial arts. A trained assassin and black belt in about 5 different styles of Asian martial arts, her main fighting-style was a derivation of Kung Fu and with her new leg, and arm, she trained herself to be in tip top shape, especially with the new encumbrances of the metal parts she carried. She has since learned how to pull apart and correctly restore the mechanical parts of her body so that in the field should she have an injury she can scrounge around for parts to make herself function properly again. In addition, while she trained her body, she trained her mind by spending a heap of time in Dr Bowen's lab learning how to make and repair most of the other robotic parts. This was considered as very useful knowledge for the times ahead.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
(Ok, I hope this is good. I've never been good at personality.)

Name: Rem

Description: At first glance, Rem appears to be a normal girl. However, this appearance is deceiving. If you pay close attention, you'll notice something odd about her eyes. You may also spot the small line running down each of her legs. Her eyes are green, but there is a small ring around her strangely small pupils. Her eyes also glow slightly, but the glow is almost impossible to see unless you're in a really dark room as any amount of sunlight or bright lights completely mask the glow. Her hair is black, but she has had several dark violet "highlights" since the operation with no real explanation for their origin. She seems to be a bit nervous sometimes, and rarely sits still as she is usually absent-mindedly moving her fingers. Her skin is a bit pale, and anyone used to spotting such things will notice that there is something different about her hands. Its nothing obvious, but if you pay attention you will notice that her joints seem a bit too rigid. Less-obviously, due to her clothing, her stance is a bit rigid, and her left side is covered with metal, as is her left shoulder and upper arm. Her legs are also artificial, but instead of metal they are covered in a high density polymer that looks similar to skin, but doesn't provide the defense of metal. She is about 5'4''.

Her eyes are artificial, and as a result she has far better eyesight as a normal person as well as the ability to see in infrared, ultraviolet, and thermal. She can't use x-rays as inserting x-ray emitters that close to her brain would probably kill her. Because of her enhanced legs, she can run for a very long time and at a much faster pace than a normal person. Her right arm has an embedded shield emitter that can block energy based attacks, however it is useless against projectiles. Her much more enhanced left arm contains a radiation emitter that is focused through a small circular orb embedded in her palm. The radiation can destroy certain bonds between materials, casing most alloyed metals to break down. This is also very harmful to organic material as the radiation breaks the bonds between nerve cells and bursts blood vessels. This radiation is not harmful to Rem herself as it is focused out of the orb so that no radiation affects her or those around her. It is also absorbed fairly easily, so it can't hit something behind something else. The emitter is powered by a series of tiny fuel cells that she puts into a slot on her metal coated shoulder. She can also jam electronics as well as radio waves.

Personality: Rem is a bit detached from those around her. She often enjoys her time alone. Her personality is a direct result of her history. She is hesitant to open up to someone, and even then will rarely stop acting serious. Most of her spare time was spent in retrospection or reading a book. She can be a bit harsh sometimes, and has a tendency to snap at people when they do something stupid. She prefers to work as part of a team, and sometimes relies on her teammates a little too much. At times, she can zone out. Rem can be a little sensitive about certain issues, and she has a tendency to do things without fully thinking them through.

History: Rem was born blind, and as a result grew up rather differently than most others. She lived in a small town before the invasion, and despite her affliction lived a fairly normal life. Her lack of sight was never really a problem for her, as she was never used to having sight. This did however make it difficult to play with other kids and as such she became a little detached from those around her. She soon became enticed by reading, and spent her time skimming through the few braille books that were available. After the outbreak of the invasion, her family fled into the underground with the others. Her father signed-up to take part in the patrols, and his decision helped give her the courage to make her own hard decision. She volunteered for the operation after being diagnosed with a muscular disorder that could cripple her legs. When faced with that outcome, becoming less of a person and more of a weapon seemed like a blessing. Because of the operation, she has artificial eyes and legs, restoring her lost sense of sight. At first, she had to wear shades as her ocular nerves were still very sensitive to the light. She no longer takes anything for granted, and is more than a little worried of losing her sight again.

Other: Rem is ambidextrous. She also has a fear of snakes.

Last edited:

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I might be flying slightly in the face of your Hybrid definition, so tell me if I'm wrong.

Name: Sparkplug (formerly Kaylee Campbell)

Description: Sparkplug is a healthy 70 inches (177.8 cm) and of a mostly regular female human figure with a pale complexion, red-orange hair reaching to her shoulder blades and a brown left eye. Her right eye is covered by a gunmetal-gray metallic sphere with a red lens in front of where the eye would be. This device aids her sight via night-vision and thermal sensors when necessary. A matching metal covers the left side of her jaw and her chin. Despite these hard, robotic features, the rest of her face seems rather smooth and gentle, and she usually looks fairly contented. Sparkplug tends to at least attempt to stay looking nice, being regularly-washed and keeping her hair tidy, though during missions she tends to keep it in a ponytail "just to keep it out of the way." Similarly, she wears nice but practical clothing, such as good jeans, clean boots and nice, long-sleeved tops.

After living for quite a while on rations, most survivors are fairly lean, if not just plain skinny. Sparkplug fits more into the "lean" area, having kept herself in modest physical shape. She has a deep scar running across her left shoulder, and she has lost her right hand entirely. It has been replaced with a robotic one, which operates well enough but provides no feeling. Most curiously, were she to be operated on or cut deeply enough, it might be apparent that many of her inner organs have been replaced: namely the lungs, liver, kidneys, pancreas and several bones. These artificial organs allow Sparkplug to survive where most humans ordinarily could not, though with limited success depending on the conditions. The bones that have been replaced with metal substitutes give her body resilience above that of a human in the areas where they have been installed; namely the right chest cavity, right forearm, left shoulder and scapula, left hip and the upper left leg.

Personality: Sparkplug is very much the mothering type, always thinking of others and doing whatever she can to help. She becomes very protective and concerned about others, and always trying to give whatever advice she can to keep others out of trouble and harm's way. She is a bit troubled, herself, though, after losing her husband and much of the relationship she had with her daughter, and tends to be a bit doubting of herself. She tries to be as open as possible about things, and enjoys just talking to others as much as anything else. Sparkplug tends to be level-headed and a voice of reason, with sufficient intelligence to back it up, though she tends to waver in physically-threatening situations. This causes her to take the backseat in missions, so to speak, and prefers supporting roles such as disabling the enemy from a distance, reconnaissance or manning vehicles when available.

Sparkplug is very proficient in acting, making her very keen at tactics of deception and misinformation, though she prefers using the skill to calm and entertain herself and others. She is often humming or singing to herself, though nowadays she has taken to more somber tunes. She is very good at cooking, even with limited resources. Sparkplug is a fan of the works of William Shakespeare, which she sometimes reads during her small amounts of downtime.

History: Kaylee Drilling was born in a military camp in eastern Germany to Michael and Samantha Drilling while her mother was serving in the United States military in that section of the world as part of the peacekeeping presence. She was brought home to coastal Maine not long after, where she grew up. She was always particularly active in school and tended to get respectable marks. Through her junior high and high school years she became involved in vocal music and acting, and was particularly noted for her great skills in mime, eventually bringing home the state banner for mime acting to her school.

She graduated with good reports from high school and headed on to a New England college for professional acting, where she studied her skills in both mime and musical theater. After obtaining minor degrees in both, she moved to New York and was lucky enough to land chorus roles in a musical production with a several-year run and some minor miming jobs elsewhere, enough to get by with her living. During a practice one night, Kaylee met another musical theater actor and the love of her life, Gregory Campbell. The two approached each other and, naturally, were married by the end of the year. They both continued to remain in a fairly stable economic position, and Kaylee bore a child, Aimee, not too much later. Things looked well for the Campbell family.

But, of course, the aliens did eventually arrive, and the Campbells were forced underground like everybody else. They lived with the other survivors from day to day, but to fight the overwhelming lack of hope in their situation, Kaylee and Gregory developed routines such as musical duets and mime scenes to keep themselves and others amused. When scouting parties were being formed, they were drafted on to separate teams. Upon searching the surface, Kaylee returned to the base with a deep gash in her left shoulder and a severely crushed right hand. After her hand had been replaced with a prosthetic and her shoulder wound was treated, she was despaired to learn that Gregory's party had not come back at all, and for all intents and purposes, their entire squad was to be considered dead.

Though disheartened, Kaylee continued, having all the more reason to look after Aimee. But by the time a month had passed, she had fallen ill. A foreign disease had infected her from the surface, attacking her organs and bones and eventually blinding her in the right eye. A surgeon was able to eradicate the virus from her system and replace the parts of her body that had been affected with mechanical prosthetics, but the damage was done. Kaylee now had enough mechanical parts in her body to be considered a "hybrid," and when she went back to see her five-year-old child, Aimee seemed frightened and confused about this woman with a robot on her face. Though she still accepted Kaylee as her mother, a rift had grown between the two. Before Kaylee could do much to repair the relationship with her daughter, she was called in by Doctor Bowen to serve as part of a new unit under Sgt. Karuma, where she was ensured that her mechanical implants would be of great service to her and that she could not refuse, anyway. She has since been given the designation of "Sparkplug" and a new chamber to sleep in and is waiting what is in store for her with the Sergeant.

Other: Kaylee was right-handed, and after all this time, has still not gotten the full hang of using her robotic hand. She is still slightly clumsy with technical application of it (i.e. using silverware, knot-tying, etc.)

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Here's my SU and a SU for an NPC that kinda works with my character.

Name: Angel Gabriel (also referred to as Gabe)
Description: Gabe is tall and skinny but with a semi-athletic build. His eyes are a silvery hue with a look of child-like innocence. Framing these eyes is a pair of silvery rimless glasses. His hair is a medium-short bowl-cut with a golden blond hue. Between his bangs anyone can see a birthmark resembling the mark of Saint Gabriel. His body isn’t too out of the ordinary, but after he became part robot he had a pair of movable, energy wings that were salvaged from an alien robot that is connected to a solar-charging battery pack (designed by Hakuchou, she also rewired the wings to accommodate the battery pack). He is also equipped with a, for lack of a better term, photon bow, though that is usually slung over his shoulder.
In terms of wardrobe, he wears a whit t-shirt with gold sleeves and a lighter blue, polo-like collar. His pants are cargo-like shorts that are as white as freshly fallen snow with sapphire-hued zippers; each of the pockets zip up and hold the battery pack for his wings as well as several extras. They are cinched around his waist by a sky blue, fabric belt with a metal "buckle that is painted a sapphire-like hue. On his hands are deep-blue, fingerless gloves. His shoes are white and sapphire blue.
Personality: Gabe is one of the wisest people anyone will ever meet. He cares about all life, and will often put someone else’s safety before his. His most obvious qualities are his extremely strong sense of justice and his strong faith. He is always kind and caring towards anyone, even those he is fighting against. He has a warm, gentle demeanor and is just as willing to make peace with the aliens as he is to fight against them.
History: Gabe was one of the residents of Colony Alpha that willingly underwent the operation. He also retains his memories from before. His most cherished one is from when he met his closest friend. She was a teenage defector from the aliens who sought asylum and hoped to find refuge in Colony Alpha. Even when others were skeptical about her intentions, he could tell that she spoke the truth. He watched as she aided Doctor Bowen in deciphering some of the alien technologies they salvaged. The two have been inseparable since she arrived; she has even convinced Sergeant Karuma to allow her to go with the Damned Unit.
Other: Gabe has a small, anamatronic butterfly—designed by his friend—that acts as a navigation/mapping system. Gabe secretly has feelings for Hakuchou.

Name: Hakuchou
Description: Hakuchou is somewhat tall (by human standards) and slender. Her skin is as pale as moonlight. She has pale, pistachio green hair done into two, star-shaped buns with tightly curled pigtails coming down to her shoulder blades and medium bangs. These serve well to frame her humanoid face. Her hair is accented by a pair of golden eyes that always seem to be smiling. The only Mechanical modification Hachokou has ever received was is a small breathing apparatus that she cravted herself. It acts as an air filter that screens out the toxins.
When wardrobe is concerned, she tends to wear a light blue t-shirt with a swan printed on the front. She typically wears a pair of faded jeans. Adorning her hands are a pair of blue, fingerless gloves with snowy swan silhouettes that both face towards her body. Her shoes are stone gray hiking boots that have navy blue laces.
Personality: Hakuchou is a calm, level-headed girl who doesn’t get irritated easily. If someone does manage to anger her, however, it is definitely not pretty. Despite her violent tendencies, she usually has a bubbly personality and a sunny disposition. She can sometimes be ditzy and air-headed. She is usually sweet and caring towards all life and views it as something sacred (hence her protesting the destruction of other worlds).
Species: Human
History: She has a few memories from before the Damned unit was formed but her most cherished one is from when she met her closest friend. She hoped to find refuge in Colony Alpha. Unfortunately, when she arrived others were skeptical about her intentions; however there was one boy who could tell that she spoke the truth. He managed to convince the others to give her a chance so she aided Doctor Bowen in deciphering some of the alien technologies they salvaged. The two have been inseparable since she arrived; she has even convinced Sergeant Karuma to allow her to go with the Damned Unit arguing that she knows how the mechanical parts of the others work, since she helped make them, and could help repair any damages as well as make modifications.
Other: Hachuko has secret feelings for Gabe. Due to her lacking any robotic modifications, she has armed herself with a few gadgets, some of her own creation.
Gadgets: Heat sensor goggles, plasma rifle, medic pack, repair kit.

Last edited:

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Zinc: For some reason I was expecting something like this from you...don't ask me why lol. I quite like the idea of a robot-hybrid having a split personality. It could be quite interesting during the RPG so it is with that: ACCEPTED!

Dreamer: Okay I did say there was not real restriction on what your character looked like but you need to take into concideration that what Doctor Bowen has is limited. He is litterally using metal scraps found around the buiilding and as much as your character seems like a great adition to the team she is a little too overpowered. I did state that you only had minor alterations such as a gun arm, not overly robotic. I would suggest reducing the amount of weapons she has to two at the very most.

Also with the DNA it would bequite hard for doctor Bowen to have them seeing as he would not be able to leave the compound. Also if you are going to alow your character to fly I would advise you give your character fuel in order to be able to fly so as not to over power her too much. This would mean that you need to refill your fuel supplies if you use it up.

DENIED for now, but edit what I have asked and there is no reason I will not accept you ^_^

Sequel: I'm a little worried about your punctuation, but seeing as I am not one to talk then I will have no problem for the time being. Anyways, I will ask you to move your robotic capabilities (Your history) into description and actually give your character some history as what you have writen does not count in my eyes. Other than that Accepted, but I do expect a bit of history.

Bliv: I see no reason not to accept you XD So happily Accepted!

Manaphy: If you plan on making your character fly I would advise you to follow the advise I gave Dreamer in giving him a certain amount of fuel to emit through the body. Humans understanding of the alien technology is little, so the possibility of Doctor Bowen using them after only a year is unlikely. Acceptd otherwise, but just change that detail please ^_^

Zincspider

My Bloody
I'm not going to ask why, since you asked so nicely, but you thought I would do somthing like that? Wow! I still wonder why... but not going further.

Thanks for the acceptance!

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
I changed that detail, I was hoping that you would've critiqued Hakuchou (the NPC), but oh well.

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I knew I was dreaming when I put too much into Serra. Sorry, Shadow. I have updated the Sign-up. If it's still too much, I can change it again. Hope you like it.

I_D

Nightkin

Name: Night 2,1
Description: My night optics are tweakd to the max, so are my sensors considering sound, making me capabel of locating almost annything within a 20 meters radius wich is moving or making a sound. my eyesight is almost endless. fumes and smoke is the issue here (there is lots i presume so this is not an overpowerd trait I hope). my feet are wide and agile, designd for silent movement, and my arms are long and have an extra elbow. I also have a "cornercam" on my arms to look around corners, into holes etc.
the "extra" segment of my arms are changeabel, and I have two extras on my back, they are designed to be abel to draw fire if nescesary. I dont have an extra camera.

Ofcourse I have a gun, sniperrifel is a more accurat description, considering my eyesight and sensor capabilitys but it has a tendency to jam, then it can be pickd apart and function at short range, untill i have a chance to sit down and clean/fix it.

Personality: Im a loner, beeing mostly a gamer in my life always wanting to be an assasin or something of that sort, I playd airsoft and paintball alot, and im not a bad shot.
I have a tendency to try to lead, always thinking I know better, and that my way is better, and ofcourse it IS better. years of wargames gotta pay of sometime right?
History: I volunteerd, after beeing sick of my rifle not hitting what I was pointing it at, or hitting and not doing much damage. my motto "one shot one kill" couldent be fullfilled with these damn robots, I also voulunteered to be abel to use the radioactive piercing rounds that would kill a normal human to be around. My Childhood was happy, I didnt have to do anny choices and I grew uncertain and insecure when I was released from this protected sphere, I sought out danger, and these situasions where there was kill or be killd, there wassent realy anny choices to be made, you do what you had to to not get shot, or to not give the other person a score before the next round... I like this apokalyps a litle to well, as you will notice.

This is my first signupp, its still open right? I can make it longer if you wish, just couldent find the inspiration right now.

Last edited:

Heart of Ice

tHe PsYcHo
Name: Demon

Description:While many of his comrades chose to keep as much of their human body as they could, Demon decided to become as robotic as possible. Standing a solid 4'8", he's been dubbed by his fellow cyborgs "The Midget from H*ll".His legs aren't very sophisticated, they function the same way a normal pair would, apart from the fact that they can propel him over 30 feet into the air on a running leap.His arms reach down to his knees, giving him an awkward appearance, but their length definitely helps, considering the five 8 inch bladed digits he has in the place of his hands (excluding the thumbs. The thumbs are only 5 inches) (think Freddy Krueger's (sp?) Bladed hand). His broad shoulders both sport a mounted gattling gun apiece, each capable of turning 180 degrees in each direction. They fire 111 rounds per second, but overheat after a mere 6 seconds of continual fire... His head resembles a motorcyclist's helmet, but sport two 9 inch horns, giving him a devilish appearance. The good doctor got a couple of laughs by putting a demonic sneer where his mouth would be were he not wearing a helmet. His dark brown eyes and cute button nose can't be seen under his visor, which is always down, but they ARE there. His depth perception is excellent, but he's a bit more sensitive to light than most are. Thankfully, his tinted visor helps with that.His right index finger is also a flamethrower capable of shooting flames 45 feet away.His internal organs are all there, but all his skin from the neck down has been replaced with titanium, making him rather weighty.

Personality:Misses his sister Takes "the quiet type" twelve levels too far. Only talks when in a life-or-death situation. Will stop at nothing to complete an objective, whether it be an order from the higher-ups, a personal goal, or the umpteenth mutant that he wants to dice, torch, or mow down. Takes sadistic pleasure in destroying his enemies. Is obedient, but will disobey direct orders if told to spare an enemy from anihilation.Others view him as a danger to all around him due to his violent past.

Their fears are justified.

History: Always the quiet type, he never really spoke unless it was absolutely necessary. His mother and father went on a vacation when he was three, and left him with his nineteen-year-old sister. They never returned. He lived in an orphanage until his sister was old enough to become his legal guardian. From then on, she sent him to school and worked in the day. While at school, he was bullied and teased for his bad grades and silent attitude. One day, he snapped and bashed a bully's face in. He discovered that he liked the sound of the sickening crunch that the bully's nose made when it broke. Most kids left him alone after that. At the age of fifteen, he dropped out. He tried his hand at free-style prize fighting. He used his short stature , beefy arms, and his anger to his advantage, first going for his opponents legs, and once they were down, straddling them and whailing on them until people had to drag him off of his opponent before he killed them. When the aliens came, he was herded into the shelters with the rest of the civilians. But his sister wasn't. She died in the alien's first attack. When the good doctor called for volunteers for the human-robot hybrid project, Demon was one of the first volunteers. He figured that he might as well die fighting the b*st*rds that had taken his sister from him. The doctor was happy to give him the ability to fight.Was originally given the codename Statue due to the fact that he was as silent as one and definitely looked the part, but after the doctor watched him brutally slaughter eight dozen mutants without a hint of hesitation or remorse, he was quickly re-registered as Demon and given his trademark horns and sneer.

Hey, this game is still going, right?

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
On hold until I finish my art project which I previously didn't give a hoot about but now do (?).

Will be up and running again as soon as I find the time. I appologise for this and hope that you will all still be interested when it is back up and running.

*Closed*

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Okay, I am sorry for teh HUGE delay on getting this back up and running, but to be honest with you all I wasn't really in the roleplaying mood lately XP But if people are still up for this then please state so, if not well no worries XP

Continuing:

MM: Where your extra character is concerned I can't say I disapprove but I would prefere you not let her have any connections to the aliens as you know little of them through my descriptions as well as the fact that they're personalities are completely different to that of a human. As you can see from the plot, the alien race are hell bent on being more superior in every way to humans and are completely cold hearted. Though I do not object to you having a second character, but you will have to make them human or a troll if you feel confident that you can give a good explination to why he/she is not in confinement.

Dreamer: Much better, accepted ^_^

Sequel: Thank you for the edit. Accepted.

Night/Heart: I am afraid all spots are filled. If someone does not wish to particapate (which is high due to the amount of time I have kept this RPG XP) I will inform you if you were accepted or not. If you wish me to go over your sign ups with you reguardless then please PM me.

I will have my sign up shortly. Please let me know if you still want to particapate as if you do not then I can accept replacements.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Hey hey! I'm glad ur back in the rope-playing mood. Can't wait. I am so ready to do this! I'm in.

Zincspider

My Bloody
I'm PUMPED for this.
Let's get this going! 8D

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Alright, I'll edit that part. Though she was intended to be hippie like and had fled her planet to seek refuge elsewhere. One of her key conflicts was intended to be her feeling guilty for the aliens coming to Earth.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I'm still interested. Good to see this back, it was a good idea and I thought it died.

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Okay I have not received word from Sequel so his spot is up for grabs. Ice Heart has not been active for a month or so and Night:

Your spelling is not great and your choice of first person is off putting if I'm honest. You need to add more to your description and personality and you need to learn to use capitals, full stops and commas where needed with out over using either. Your history does not fit with the main plot as the humans have been conceled underground for a good while, unable to tread the surface so you would not have been able to go around shooting any robots. You are welcome to try one last time, but I must ask for an RPG sample as you have never RPGed before I take it? As for your first sign up, I have to say its quite good as I have seen ten times worse even from older members. With some practice you could probably get better and better =) But I do not advise this RPG to be your first one. DENIED

Manaphy: Better, but humans are not aloud to tread the world above as the air is full of toxin. I will alow her but only if you are willing to give her some mechanical modifications that alow her to breath the air =) But thank you for editing.

Like I said there is one more space. If it is not filled I will ask some RPGers that I know and see if they would like the positions.