• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Damned Unit *Sign-ups*

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
The Damned Unit​
Rated R​

“Did you really think, you could stop me? A group of rustic monstrosities made of nothing but metal scraps from a garbage dump? Oh no no no no, you see, you lack something, something vital, something that only I possess. You lack technology, my friend.”

“Technology?”

“Yes, technology. You see, your kind had only managed to skim the possibilities technology could bring, where as my kind dedicated our entire lives to it. We were constantly coming up with new possibilities, new gadgets, new…weapons.”

“How?”

“Now now, if I told you then I may run the risk of you being able to control it for yourselves. All you need to know is that I possess the power to turn this world…Up. Side. Down
To be perfectly honest with you it seems to me as if I have surpassed this world. After all it is nothing more than a dump now. Your forests, your water. I have, dare I say…Caused the apocalypse, hah hah hah hah hah.”

“Why?”

“Why? Simply because I could. With all this power what was I ever going to do?”

“Help…”

“Help? Why my dear boy why should I help your kind? Surly if I had not put an end to your miserable way of living you would have simply destroyed it yourselves. You see, your kind, take everything for granted, if I were to give you our knowledge, you would simply take and not return. I have watched your kind for many years, so you cannot deny that all you do is take.”

Silence was all that met the statement. A silence that confirmed the truth. There was an amused snarl and the rustle of clothing as the captor rose from his place and made his way over to the captive who was nothing more than a shrivelled heap on the floor. He glanced down at him and a pitying emotion crossed his face. “Your kind really are pathetic.” He leaned down and grasped something cold and metallic in his palm. He studied the offending item and ripped it from its socket before throwing it to the floor in disgust. “You mock me with your weak attempts at understanding technology. There is so much your kind should have learnt, but didn’t.”

There was a wheezing cough from the captive and it rose its body slightly from the hard floor. There was a scrape of metal and he managed to make eye contact with his captor. “My ‘kind’ found more important things to dedicate they’re lives to. Love, friendship, compassion. We were not cold hearted monsters who sought to understand everything. Your kind seems to have wasted they’re lives on studying scraps of metal and electronics. How-” The voice was cut off abruptly by a kick to the face from the captor. He was sent hurdling backwards before his head came to rest painfully upon the cold floor. A foot planted itself firmly atop his chest.

“You dare mock me, my kind! Love and compassion was not what destroyed your planet. It was technology! I am the one standing over you, your life in my grasp! Am I not!?” It was a rhetorical question, but one the gasping captive answered none the less.

“Now what then? You have fulfilled all you can, what will you…what will you do next?” The voice was pained, but sure of itself.

“I will move on, destroy another and another.”

“And what happens when there is nothing left? What purpose will you and your precious technology have then?”

“The galaxy’s are plentiful, filled with planets, enough to satisfy me and my people.”

“And for what purpose?”

“Simply to demonstrate out findings. To further our understanding.”

“Then you have no purpose”

There was a sickening squelch, followed by more silence.

“We have lost contact with Scrapheap, Sir.” A voice echoed from a cornered computer. A young man sat staring at a static screen, a look of worry on his face. “I…I cant get a heartbeat, sir.”

“Then he is no longer with us.” A man sighed from across the room. He was an aged man, greying hair with a wrinkled face, but not aged to the point where he was not active. A white moustache decorated his upper lip and a black patch covered his left eye. He wore a ragged lab coat, drenched mostly with black oil and a simple attire underneath. He stepped close to the computer monitor in order to observe the crackling screen and lowered his head in disappointment. “We are loosing this battle, men. I fear we are not going to see this through. Though I am determined to fight to the end.” The aging man stepped towards the exit to the rusting computer room and sighed, laying a fragile hand on the doors metal frame. “Disconnect from Scrapheap, he is a lost cause. God rest his soul.”

The foot steps echoed down the hallway, completely bare of any life. It was bed time for the members of the shelter. Parents and children were asleep in they’re cots whilst the rest sat awake developing new ways in which to save they’re life deprived planet. In just a few hours, the members of the shelter would raise from they’re plagued dreams and continue life as much as possible within the confinement. There was not much to be said about they’re rustic ‘home’. They had enough food to last them a while longer, having prepared before the ‘happening’ and though water was running low, they were still well off for the 200 or so people that lived there.

The old man opened a heavy door with great difficulty. Stepping into the darkness as if he had been there countless times. The lights were dimmed here and there seemed to be no sign of life until a crouched heap stood from the floor. White lab coat draping across the frame and seemingly to big for the body that carried it. The person in questions shuffled over to a bloody table and strew multiple metallic scraps across its surface before turning his gaze towards the aging man that was slowly shutting the door behind him. “For you to come crawlin’ back ‘ere must mean that ‘e was a failure, yes?”
“Don’t start with me, Bowen. I am in no mood to be toyed with.” The man stated, his fist colliding roughly with the bloodied table. “I want more of them out there now. Do what you will, just make them better than the last bunch.”

“And what be makin’ ya tink that these ‘uns will work, dis time?” The creature taunted from the other side of the table, “Dey just be more failures. Like we always knew, we lack da technology.”
“For your sake, they had better not be.” The man threatened, taking up a stick from one of the nearby tables surrounding the centremost and using it as a prop for his body. “This…thing is close to wiping this planet from existence. It’s creations are looking for our camps as we speak and god knows what else lays upon the surface after the explosion. All we know is that if we don’t want to die a painful death, we are going to have to do something about it.”
“What be making ya think that there be more creatures out there, mon? We aint caught nuttin on our trackers and the bots ain’t caught nutting either.”
“Our bots have caught nothing because that things monstrosities keep wiping them out! It was a miracle Scrapheap got so far as to actually meet it in person!” He yelled, a finger pointing in the general direction of the location he assumed Scrapheap had died.
“Aye..” The other creature murmured, shuffling around the room for equipment. “Get dos guards of yours to bring me in some live uns then. I’ll ‘ave em up and runnin’ within da week.”

Plot

The world was once fully populated by human beings. Odd creatures that walked upon two legs and were made of flesh, bone and blood. They had developed in the ways of technology so far as to know how to create a jetpack and small robot companions, heck some had even managed to forge a hover car or two. Still the earth was populated with machines running on fuel and electricity as the humans understanding did not go further than this, as hard as they tried. What they had not expected was for a race of higher intelligence to appear and attempt to take they’re home land from them. A war has waged for going on a year now. One that no one had foreseen. People had talked about an apocalypse for years but never had they actually pictured it to be anything like this. The aliens that attacked they’re once peaceful world came with robots the size of skyscrapers and vehicles such as the humans had never seen. They plagued the sky’s and soon the ground was no longer dominated by the living.

But the human race were not as simple as they’re attackers predicted. With the growing belief that an Apocalypse would no doubt happen, the humans build underground camps adorned with heavy metallic armour and living quarters, stocked to the brim with food and a system that run through the ground to rivers and ponds for water. After quarter of a year, what remained of the human race took shelter in these camps and lived they’re lives beneath the earth, depending completely on the food storage and the military to keep them safe. Wanting to be sure of the destruction of man kind, the alien leader demanded a bomb of sorts be dropped in every country across the globe, one of immense power and range in order to rid the ‘new world’ of any living being. And so its demands were met and the globe was soon covered in flames and toxins that would have wiped out any living soul that dared walk its face.

Half a year passed after the bombing and it was growing impossible for the humans to live underground any longer with they’re food supplies running low and the lakes surly drying up. Something needed to be done….

Having lost contact with other camps across the globe, Sergeant Karuma took the well being of camp Alpha into his own hands and demanded a party search the area around them for any signs of life or clues as to what exactly happened above ground. Using a generator and the technology they had managed to save from destruction they were able to track the team as they explored the land above. What they found was nothing they had ever imagined.

The land was bare save for the metal scraps of buildings long destroyed. Mutated creatures roamed the surface assumed to have been human beings once before the toxins got to them. And what was more disturbing were the robots patrolling the wastes. All they had known had been destroyed.

Your role

You will be wondering what your role in this story is, no doubt?

Well Doctor Bowen one of the leading scientists in Camp Alpha has eagerly taken on the challenge of creating a half human half robot hybrid that can act on its on free will but still have the strength and immunities to get it through the harsh terrain of the lands above. Using scraps of metal from old robots and the technologies he has learned from some defeated robots of the opposing race, he has cleverly come up with you.

Technically, you are human. But with some minor modifications, be it a gun arm or night vision eyes. You have the interior of a normal human being….but the exterior of a hardened robot.

Welcome to the Damned Unit.

Setting

It is a time where robots as tall as skyscrapers roam the earth killing all living life forms in its path. The land itself it waste, nothing but metal scraps and ruins of the past. Ashes are all the decorate the floor and the air is thick with toxins and dust. Any normal being would have easily died here. But what if I were to tell you that the nuclear bombs did not rid the world of everything…

Mutants are a common sight in these harsh times and though many are normally taken out by the patrolling robots, some are smart enough to hide and wait. There is no telling what you will find out there, perhaps you will stumble across other camp factions, perhaps you will stumble across mutant factions….it is hard to tell what the world is like when you have not seen it for as long as I.

Species

Human
Humans are on the verge of extinction. What is left populates the underground camps and it is very unlikely you will find one living above unless they are in some way mutated. There were other camps built across the world, but having lost contact with them, it is uncertain on whether they have survived or not.

Human-Robot Hybrids
This is you. You are basically humans with robotic alterations, be it a gun for an arm or perhaps your entire body is cover with metal. There have been many before you and many after you if you do not succeed in your mission to destroy the alien leader. You have the innards of a human being (a beating heart and brain) but the exterior of a robot.

Trolls
Trolls are what humans have decided to call mutants who are more human than mutant. They are basically survivors of the nuclear bombs who have been taken in but kept mostly in quarantine away from human beings. Trolls can vary in appearance and personality from having horns to having overly big body parts. They alternate as much as your normal human being, though you will find most Trolls to have quite hostile personalities.

Mutants
Mutated beings that have lost all sense of control and/or humanity. They vary in appearance and can even look completely normal but have incredibly hostile personalities. Having probably been starved of food, they will not hesitate to eat they’re own or other beings. You will find that most humans have disfigured body’s or slight abnormalities. The mutants are not only former human beings but can also be animals who have mutated far beyond recognition.

Robots
Simply put they are the enemy. Built by the invading aliens to patrol the earth, they will not hesitate to kill you and come in a variety of different sizes and appearances.

Unknown
Simply these are the alien invaders, though no one knows exactly what they look like as they lay hidden in they’re newly built buildings or they’re ships. Scrapheap was successful in finding the leader but it is uncertain of whether he had moved on since.

Important Characters (Note that more characters will be added as we go along)

Name: Sergeant Karuma
Species: Human
Description: Your typical military man. Large and Bulky with naturally tanned skin and greying hair. The mans face is marked by multiple battle scars after years spent in service to the Military, one of his shockingly pale blue eyes is blinded and turned gray after a rather large slash to the face during a rescue mission seven years ago. He wears the typical khaki attire, with heavy black boots and inscribed silver dog tags.
Personality: A harsh, calculating man who has been trained, moulded and hardened by his military supervisors. Karuma cares for his soldiers but he believes an iron fist is the best way to harden they’re wills and make them model soldier’s capable of taking down this alien menace. This army dog loves his sarcasm and believe me when I say there will be many occasions where you will be wondering if he is serious or not…just make sure you make the right decision before opening your mouth in front of him, he doesn’t take lightly to cocky initiates.

Name: Doctor Bowen
Species: Troll
Description: Bowen has all your typical human like traits, only being exposed to radiation for too long has mutated him into a hall, hunched and demon like being. Large yellowing tusks sprout from above his lower lip and reach skywards. His eyes are blood shot to the point as appearing as nothing more than red-ish orbs and each and every bone in his body is outlined underneath the thin sheet of skin that just about managed to stay together. His feet no longer have five toes but are simply stubs with the outline of where the toes should have been. His ears are elongated and yellow claws extend from the tips of his fingers. Boils and scars basically make up the most part of his decomposing body and he wears a typical (yet blood stained) white doctors jacket, which manages to cover the most part of his mutation.
Personality: Doctor Bowen is cold and rather twisted. He thinks of his mutation as more of a blessing than a curse, claiming that the radiation made him smarter beyond belief. He likes nothing more than sending chills up peoples spines and would never pass up a chance to tease passers by, he takes a thrill in the fact that he can even make the elder sergeant stand on edge. All in all, Bowen is rather twisted but would never harm a person…unless they wished it.

Name: Scrapheap
Species: Human-Robot Hybrid
Description: Scrapheap had the typical human body with a few adjustments. His arm was completely metallic giving him a strength much greater than your average human. One of his dazzling amber eyes had been replaced by a scanning device, allowing him to detect distant objects and the body heat of anyone with in range. All in all, Scrapheap was the runt of the old litter, made from the leftover parts of Bowens previous work, making him more agile but less durable.
Personality: Conner, as he was once known, was a courageous young lad with unbelievable determination. The moment he was chosen to be apart of Bowens work he knew that he would be the one to come face to face with the Alien threat, he was psyched and happier than ever to get out of the chamber and into the world above, regardless of what dangers lay ahead. He was optimistic and loved by many members of the chamber, may he R.I.P.

Name: (This is a codename you are given when you awake from the operation. You are no longer known by your true name)
Description: You are a half human half robot hybrid. Be creative, I am not going to put any restrictions on this apart from the fact you are of human height. Include weapons here.
Personality:
History: What was your life like before the invasion? How did you come to be here and why are you undergoing the operation? Were you forced? Did you volunteer? Heck were you on the verge of death after a patrol mission and thought why the hell not?
Other:

My Sign-up:

Name: Scrapheap2.0 - Duo Lance. AKA- Lance

Description: Lance was created from the remains of Scrapheap that a Scout bot brought back from the ruins of the city in which he died at the hands of the alien invader. Dr Bowen took it upon himself to add a few upgrades to the previous failure and so has completely rewritten the programme in which Scrapheap used. It is with this upgrade that a few descriptive traits have been changed. Unlike her predecessor, Lance has more of a robotic body, the fragile skin having been replaced with multiple scraps of metal that make up a sort of armour casing for the fragile innards of the human that Lance once was. A metallic helmet equipped with a tracking device has completely encased the fragile skull and has been fitted with night vision that allows Lance to see in the dark. The helmet is shaped so that the black visor obscures all beneath it and what is left on view of Lance’s skin has since been covered by the black and white leather of a cow hide in order to add a little extra resistance to the human body.

Her torso is encased in scrap metal, a hole directly in the middle is fitted with a light in order for Lance to see in dark areas. Her midriff is basically non existent, all that remains there are her vital organs encased in metal, the spine completely on view but submerged in liquid metal in order to protect it from harm. Multiple pipes pulsate with the moving of blood through them and nothing but the fragile remains of hip bones are what connects her upper body to her lower. A pair of black leather boots cover her semi metallic feet and at her back are two large pole arms which are Lance’s preferred choice of weapon. Like her predecessor, Lances arms are metallic, giving her more inhuman strength than Scrapheap possessed.

Personality: Some would say she is completely void of all emotion, before the experiment she was deemed one of the most unselective people at the base and after Bowen’s tampering has become even more so. Like her sergeant, she is harsh and calculating, unable to think of anything other than bringing down the aliens who dare take the earth from them. She is protective, but if she deems a situation impossible and a threat to the mission, she would sooner leave her comrades to fight they’re own battles if it meant her potentially meeting the main threat. Her mission has become her life, she is a leader at heart and will stop at nothing to complete that which she was built for. Funnily enough she looks at Karuma as a father figure; not being able to remember her true father she has adopted him as such, even if he sees her as nothing more than another experiment.

Lance is a great believer in mediation and when she deems necessary with happily sit herself down and take a deep breath, claming herself and driving her sharp and ever present temper back into the depths of her mind. Stupidity is something Lance does not appreciate and if anyone so much as threatens the progress of the mission it takes all of her will power not to kill them on sight save them getting into trouble again. In the last year she has learnt to control her temper a little more and after many nights spent in solitary has vowed to try and restrain herself from killing anymore clueless initiates.

History:

Other: N/A

I do want GOOD sign ups and I will not be taking reservations I’m afraid.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I remember this. Let me dust off the character I submitted last time and give her a few tweaks... Hope the reboot didn't leave her out of date.

Name: Sparkplug (formerly Kaylee Campbell)

Description: Sparkplug is a healthy 67 inches (172 cm) and of a mostly regular female human figure with a pale complexion, red-orange hair reaching to her shoulder blades and a brown left eye. Her right eye is covered by a gunmetal-gray metallic sphere with a red lens in front of where the eye would be. This device aids her sight via night-vision and thermal sensors when necessary. A matching metal covers the left side of her jaw and her chin. Despite these hard, robotic features, the rest of her face seems rather smooth and gentle, and she usually looks fairly contented. Sparkplug tends to at least attempt to stay looking nice, being regularly-washed and keeping her hair tidy, though during missions she tends to keep it in a ponytail "just to keep it out of the way." Similarly, she wears nice but practical clothing, such as good jeans, clean boots and long-sleeved tops.

After living for quite a while on rations, most survivors are fairly lean, if not just plain skinny. Sparkplug fits more into the "lean" area, having kept herself in modest physical shape. She has a deep scar running across her left shoulder, and she has lost her right arm entirely save for a few inches past the shoulder. It has been replaced with a robotic substitute, which operates well enough but provides no sensory feeling. Most curiously, were she to be operated on or cut deeply enough, it might be apparent that many of her inner organs have been replaced: namely the lungs, liver, kidneys, pancreas and several bones. These artificial organs allow Sparkplug to survive where most humans ordinarily could not, though with limited success depending on the conditions. The bones that have been replaced with metal substitutes give her body resilience above that of a human in the areas where they have been installed; namely the right chest cavity, right arm, left shoulder and scapula, left hip, the upper left leg and most of the left half of her skull.

Personality: Sparkplug is very much the mothering type, always thinking of others and doing whatever she can to help. She becomes very protective and concerned about others, and always trying to give whatever advice she can to keep others out of trouble and harm's way. She is a bit troubled, herself, though, after losing her husband and much of the relationship she had with her daughter, and tends to be a bit doubting of herself. She tries to be as open as possible about things, and enjoys just talking to others as much as anything of her hobbies. Sparkplug tends to be level-headed and a voice of reason, with sufficient intelligence to back it up, though she tends to waver in physically-threatening situations. This causes her to take the backseat in missions, so to speak, and prefers supporting roles such as disabling the enemy from a distance, reconnaissance or providing support from vehicles when available.

Sparkplug is very proficient in acting, making her very keen at tactics of deception and misinformation, though she prefers using the skill to calm and entertain herself and others. She is often humming or singing to herself, though nowadays she has taken to more somber tunes. She is very good at cooking, even with limited resources. Sparkplug is a fan of the works of William Shakespeare, which she sometimes reads during her small amounts of downtime.

History: Kaylee Drilling was born in a military camp in eastern Germany to Michael and Samantha Drilling while her mother was serving in the United States military in that section of the world as part of the peacekeeping presence. She was brought home to the New England coast not long after, where she grew up. She was always particularly active in school and tended to get respectable marks. Through her junior high and high school years she became involved in vocal music and acting, and was particularly noted for her great skills in mime, eventually bringing home the awards for her talent to her school.

She graduated with good reports from high school and headed on to a New England college for professional acting, where she studied her skills in both mime and musical theater. After obtaining minor degrees in both, she moved to New York and was lucky enough to land chorus roles in a musical production with a several-year run and some minor miming jobs elsewhere, enough to get by with her living. During a practice one night, Kaylee met another musical theater actor and the love of her life, Gregory Campbell. The two approached each other and, naturally, were married by the end of the year. They both continued to remain in a fairly stable economic position, and Kaylee bore a child, Aimee, not too much later. Things looked well for the Campbell family.

But, of course, the aliens did eventually arrive, and the Campbells were forced underground like everybody else. They lived with the other survivors from day to day, but to fight the overwhelming lack of hope in their situation, Kaylee and Gregory developed routines such as musical duets and mime scenes to keep themselves and others amused. When scouting parties were being formed, they were drafted on to separate teams. Upon searching the surface, Kaylee returned to the base with a deep gash in her left shoulder and a severely crushed right hand. After her hand had been replaced with a prosthetic and her shoulder wound was treated, she was despaired to learn that Gregory's party had not come back at all, and for all intents and purposes, their entire squad was to be considered dead.

Though disheartened, Kaylee continued, having all the more reason to look after Aimee. But by the time a month had passed, she had fallen ill. A foreign disease had infected her from the surface, attacking her organs and bones and eventually blinding her in the right eye. A surgeon was able to eradicate the virus from her system and replace the parts of her body that had been affected with mechanical prostheses, but the damage was done. Kaylee now had enough mechanical parts in her body to be considered a "hybrid," and when she went back to see her five-year-old child, Aimee seemed frightened and confused about this woman with a robot on her face. Though she still accepted Kaylee as her mother, a rift had grown between the two. Before Kaylee could do much to repair the relationship with her daughter, she was called in by Doctor Bowen to serve as part of a new unit under Sgt. Karuma, where she was ensured that her mechanical implants would be of great service to her and that she could not refuse, anyway. She has since been given the designation of "Sparkplug" and a new chamber to sleep in and is waiting what is in store for her with the Sergeant.

Other: Kaylee was right-handed, and after all this time, has still not gotten the full hang of using her robotic hand. She is still slightly clumsy with technical application of it (i.e. using silverware, knot-tying, etc.)

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
Oh, I hope this sign-up still makes the cut. Time to 'dust it off', just like Blivsey's.
I might make changes on it, and possibly make another character if thats allowed (not a reservation, more of a 'warning' |3)
Here's Del again, anywho.

Name: Delaware (Del) / Gama (will only appear in personality)

Description: Delaware is about six feet tall. His hair became prematurely grey and grown almost to the small of his back during the ‘2HBT1’ operation. He keeps it in a ponytail, and wears a black headband to keep his bangs out of his eyes (and to hide a nasty red scar that blemishes his normally pale white skin. It was obtained during the transformation operation). A pair of small rectangle sunglass are perched on the long bridge of his nose. The glasses occasionally cover his bright grey eyes. When going down to his torso though, Delaware starts looking less human.

His ‘new’ thin-looking torso is made of white and black metal pieced together to look like old leather armor. The pieces slide together well enough to allow nearly full movement (save scratching the small of his back… which won’t itch now anyway), and are almost unnoticeable as metal in the distance, and just look like shiny leather. This ensemble continues down to his wrists, where his hands become flesh again… on the outside at least. His hands are long and looked skilled at working small things, and are almost always covered in gloves. His legs are normal, and are clad in black pants comprised almost completely of belts (it was all the material they had at the moment for pants) making them pretty hard to take off.

His feet, on the other hand, are mechanical and extremely lightweight, while still being stable. They were designed to be able to hold Del’s weight while being soft soled… which brings up the soft leather pads on the bottom of the feet. The feet are designed to match Del’s torso.

Pesonality: Del is normally quiet and calm, not wanting to jump to conclusions. Most would describe him as timid or cowardly, not wanting to participate in a conflict and rathering to stay in the shadows. He lacks self confidence, and tries not to get in the way of others. He doesn't trust many people though, only those he has known for a while, and have proved their worth (being kind to him).

Del has a rational fear of being alone. He feels better when someone he hates is near, than when alone.When scared, Del does his best to hide and keep safe. Del doesn't like being yelled at or made fun of, but he doens't do anything about it. He just bites his lip and lets them continue.

Del enjoys the company of anyone, but mostly the people he trusts. If he is with people he likes, he can talk for hours... but if anyone he doesn't enjoy is near, he shuts up.

Gama: When Gama takes over, Del changes drastically. His face is stuck in a horrible grin, and his eyes are wild. He makes threats to anyone who disrespects him, and stands up to people Del would normally cower before. If anyone makes jokes about Del while Gama is in control, Gama will take the matter into his own hands… literally. Lifting someone up a couple feet in the air with his bionic torso is a favorite of his.

In a fight, Gama is ruthless and fearless. He will not stop swinging until every one of his enemies is dead or destroyed. Laughter spews from his ugly grin as he cleaves and hacks, never ceasing and growing louder and louder throughout the slice fest.

History: For a while, an idea for a Hybrid with the body of one individual, but the minds of two was thought out. The program was called ‘2HBT1’, or ‘2 Heads Better Than 1’. It was supposed to be a more intelligent life from due to the reasoning of two brains and opinions, instead of one. The plan never had a chance though, seeing as they needed the mind of one person, and the body and mind of another… but they never had both at the same time until the certain explosion of a patrol vehicle.

One night, on a routine patrol, Del and a few of his other teammates were caught in an explosion. A stray round caught the fuel tank on their outdated van. The old piece of junk had been scavenged and brought in due to low supplies. But the old tanks still had some gas in it… enough to cause a big ‘boom’ and chain react with more of the unstable containers in the area. The assailants were not found, and were believed to be killed as well, but two bodies where scavenged. One was missing arms (the hands were found next to the body though and proven to be working. The arms were useless), and the other was almost completely ruined, and near death.

This was what program ‘2HBT1’ needed. The operation didn’t go as smoothly as planned. While replacing the chest and arms of the working body, they began the first step. Adding the second brain in the cavity as well. But all the moving was too much for the mind, and even though it wasn’t seen while moving, it was driven nearly crazy. But that didn’t save the host body.

The host received some mental damage too. When connecting the brains, a small error was made, and his body went out of whack for a while, resulting in the wild growth/aging and color change in hair. Second, the trauma of both the accident and operation erased previous memory of existence from both minds. All memories of past events were erased, leaving only their knowledge, and tendencies behind.

After the operation, they were given the name ‘Delaware’(the host body, and the 'Fronteir') and ‘Gama’ (the mind that was saved from the dying body), and where looked on for a short time to examine the work. The results weren’t satisfying. It seemed that only Delaware’s mind seemed to work. Gama never appeared. So, Delaware was equipped with a unique set of feet to pair with the rest of his body, and modifications were made to the chest area. With his skilled human hands, and light feet, he was to be trained in recon and stealth.

But little did they know, that Gama was very much in Delaware… very much.

Other: When Delaware gets pushed too hard, gets too scared, or gets too angry Gama will take over his senses. Delaware will not be aware when this happens, and will not remember any of it. Gama will return to his semi-consious state after Delaware calms down while Gama is raging.

During the explosion, Delaware’s eyes were damaged, making them sensitive to light. But the operators used this to their advantage, and fixed it up so they would adapt to the darkness better than light, making him function better as a recon-bot.

Knives are hidden in several places in Del’s chassis. These are of varying shape and function. He can put them together in a variety of ways to create bigger weapons, including a broad sword if all of them are placed in the proper fashion. Del is only proficient in the knives, but Gama can use every weapon brutally. Not proficiant, but almost murderous.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I am so in on this this tiem! THANK YOU!

Name: Decibel [Bell for short]
Description: Pic reference FTW! This pic sucks cuz its old. I'll update it eventually... There's most of her weapon info in the comments section BTW
When she has her full armour up, she looks entirely robotic. Her armour is a made of the strange alloid found on some of the smaller drones that never dulls its shine. In the middle of her chest is a very powerful but small battery that can be charged off of almost any typs of electrical shock. What looks like sleeves that extend over her hands are actually sonic cannons that can change their frequency in order to compromise the molecular integrity of almost any material. Her feet have been replaced by wheels and the motors are where her calves should be. Her visor/headphones are mini computers. The headphones are communication devices and the visor is a screen display for almost anything she needs to find out. The two screens on her wrists are displays for the frequency setting on her cannons and how much charge her power cell has.

Under her armour though she's a pale and extremely skinny teenager. Bright blue eyes and pitch black hair that reaches mid length.

Personality: Unlike others in the unit, she's a genuinely friendly person, though she does have her quirks. The only thing she's more eager to do than make friends is blast through a robot. She was brought up on video games and extreme sports, making her personality very irratic and unstable. During the time period when her heart was deterierating and before she got her power cell, she was subjected to constant defibrilating and developed an addiction to electro-shock. Even if she has a full charge, she'll shock herself with a car battery just to feel the jolt. She can be cheeky sometimes, teasing her superiors just for fun. She absolutely loves music, though that's a given with the name.

History: Decibel or "Melody" as she was once known as, was never a real human. Her father was the lead researcher in a government organization called Human Evolution Research And Development, or HERAD. His job was to create a human that was not cloned and create DNA in the same way it forms naturally, but with artificial proteins. They called this creature an "Anti-clone". After his wife's death, he was determined to create a family, as per her final wish. He created a baby girl anti-clone because his wife always wanted a daughter.

Melody went through life constantly being hated by extremists and religious groups that said she was a "scourge on humanity" and "Against God's will". What she and her father told in retaliation was "Well, if god is everyone's parent, wouldn't he want what any decent parent would and have his children surpass him?" they lived by that rule. Though the persecution didn't stop. She had to tag along with her dad to press conferences and such to explain how she's no different than any other kid out there, except she's rich, she has a pet bat named Crescendo and she's owned by the government.

But the side-effects couldn't come at a worse timing. Literally a week before the invasion, she had a cardiac arrest. The artificial protiens couldn't take the electrical pulses from her heart anymore and began breaking down. She was in constant need of defibrilation. When the invasion struck, the government forced her to become a part of the unit in exchange for the power cell to save her life. She sacrificed her hands, feet and freedom to stay alive. She's got nothing left to lose and everything to gain.

Other: Anti-clones are a little more resistant to radiation, heat and are more conductive than humans. And I'm serious, SHE'S AN ELECTRICITY ADDICT!

Last edited:

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
Hey Shadowfaith...me and my brother Zearen the Raichu were having a bit of a thought, and we were thinking that it would be fun to run an electronic warfare and hacker character together. As a human infused with an AI, we thought it would be fun to actually have two separate people write the dialogue, transitioning between human compassion and ethos to robotic logic and processing.

Would you be okay with this?

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
(I think I'm going to do what several others have done and update my character from last time. I always regret not getting to use a character I've created...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Rem

Description:

At first glance, Rem appears to be a normal girl. She has bright green eyes, silky black hair that was once long and flowing but now cut short, and a light complexion. Her expression is usually melancholic or distant, and she rarely smiles. She stands at about average height, and she can seem nervous at times since she has a habit of absent-mindfully moving her fingers or looking around a lot. Her skin is a bit pale, and anyone used to spotting such things will notice that there is something different about her hands.

If you pay attention, you will notice that her joints seem a bit too rigid. Less-obviously, due to her clothing, her stance is a bit rigid, and her left side is covered with metal, as is her left shoulder and upper arm. Her legs are also artificial, but instead of metal they are covered in a high density polymer that looks similar to skin. The polymer doesn't provide the defense of metal, but it is more flexible and much less conductive.

Her eyes are artificial, and as a result she has far better eyesight than a normal person as well as the ability to see in infrared, ultraviolet, and thermal. She can't use x-rays as inserting x-ray emitters that close to her brain could cause irreparable damage. Because of her enhanced legs, she can run for a very long time and at a much faster pace than a normal person. Her right arm has an embedded shield emitter that can most block energy based attacks by disrupting them before they strike her, however it is useless against projectiles. Her much more enhanced left arm contains a radiation emitter that is focused through a small circular orb embedded in her palm. The radiation can destroy certain bonds between materials, casing most alloyed metals to break down. This is also very harmful to organic material as the radiation breaks the bonds between nerve cells and bursts blood vessels. This radiation is not harmful to Rem herself as it is focused out of the orb so that no radiation affects her or those around her. It is also absorbed fairly easily, so it can't hit something behind something else. The emitter is powered by a series of tiny fuel cells that she puts into a slot on her metal coated shoulder. She can also jam electronics as well as radio waves due to the electronics array installed in her side.

Personality: Rem is probably best described as detached. She enjoys time alone, and will often times isolate herself from a group by standing off to the side or sitting a chair or two down from someone else. She is hesitant to open up to someone, and even then will rarely stop acting serious. Making her laugh would be an accomplishment. She spends most of her spare time in thought, reading a book, or occasionally drawing or painting when the materials are available.

Despite her solitary nature, she actually prefers to work as part of a team rather than on her own, and she has a tendency to rely on her teammates a little too much. She can be a bit harsh sometimes, and will often times snap at people when they do something stupid. Rem can be a bit sensitive about certain issues, and when she's frustrated, scared, or worried, she will often do something without thinking it through, which isn't usually her style. She has a fear of losing her sight, and as such will panic if her eyes are in danger of getting damaged.

History: Rem was born blind, and as a result grew up rather differently than most others. She lived in a small town before the invasion, and despite her affliction lived a fairly normal life. Her lack of sight was never really a problem for her, as she was never used to having sight. This did however make it difficult to play with other kids and as such she became a little detached from those around her. She soon became enticed by reading, and spent her time skimming through the few braille books that were available.

After the outbreak of the invasion, her family fled into the underground with the others. Her father signed-up to take part in the patrols, and his decision helped give her the courage to make her own hard decision. She volunteered for the operation after being diagnosed with a muscular disorder that could cripple her legs. When faced with that outcome, becoming less of a person and more of a weapon seemed like a blessing. Because of the operation, she has artificial eyes and legs, restoring her lost sense of sight. At first, she had to wear shades as her ocular nerves were still very sensitive to the light. She no longer takes anything for granted, and is more than a little worried of losing her sight again.

Other: Rem is ambidextrous, although her handwriting is a bit sloppy since she never learned to write as a child. Given her fear of losing her sight, she may also panic if she wakes up someplace dark.

Name:Φ.Κ.Γ. (Phi Kappa Gamma or just Phi for short.)
Description: Phi makes no attempts to disguise the robot parts of his body. Unlike other hybrids, just upon looking at him you can tell that he is quite so a Machine. His head is mostly a metal skull, with the exclusion of the upper left part, which still shows traces of his humanity. All that can be seen is half his hair and a single eye, yet from this you can tell the man Phi once was. A man of Asian descent and one with deep brown eyes. However, the rest of his head lacks such a human feel. His skull is encased in pure titanium extra protection for the squishy brain lying within. If not for the metal, Phi would look like decaying zombie out of a horror story.

Phi's body doesn't seem much better as far as human parts go. His upper torso seems perfectly normal, yet it is bolted together with a dipped in metal. Phi's right hand is human, save for a detachment in the middle where the skin and bone have been blown away. The only thing left there are mere iron bones and a few wires acting like blood vessels to hold the two pieces of Phi's pitifully blown apart Right arm together. Phi's left arm is a totally different story, but that will be gotten to later. Phi's legs are that of a Human's encased in metal, and if not for that dipping of titanium and a few wires weeding in and out of them, very average.

Phi's lower torso looks odd though, it seems normal enough, however there seem to be 6 cylinders attached on the inside of his torso that jut out of his lower body creating a circle around his being. What are these cylinders one might ask? They are 6 small nuclear warheads attacked to Phi's innards. Indeed, Phi is actually a walking atomic bomb.

One shouldn't fear though, as many actions have been taken to ensure no...accidents happen. For one thing the Bombs can only be activated in three cases. One, if Phi pushes the buttons located on his left arm in the sequence "Red White Blue", then instant detonation will occur. Two, if Phi is deactivated/killed then a 60 second countdown will begin that will detonate the Bombs, unless the buttons on his left arm are pushed in the Sequence "Gold Red Black", however by re-entering this code, the countdown can be restarted. Finally, if one tries to remove the bombs from Phi's body, then they will instantly detonate.

However, getting shot enough times could cause detonation as well. So this bot is not without his blasters. Phi's left arm contains his weapons, as well as the 9 color coded detonation buttons. The left arm does not have a hand, but instead splits in two around the wrist, however they are both connected on a rotating base, that spins a full 180 as soon as one weapon is fired. This means while one weapon is being shot, the other can be reloaded. The weapons themselves are different. One is a simple grenade launcher loaded via an ammo feed in Phi's arm. The other also shoots grenades, but is more like a shotgun in the fact that the grenades are detonated as soon as they hit the barrel. so if a foe is up close, they eat an explosion, if far away, they get pegged with shrapnel. Combine this with Phi's two vision modes, generated by an orb filling his other eye socket, and a shoulder mounted Rocket Launcher and you have one helluva demolitions cyborg.

Personality: For someone whose line of work involves the possibility of self-destruction, Phi is a pretty cheery guy. Mostly because he tries not to think about the whole self-sacrifice part of his job. In fact, if someone so much as tries to bring it up, he'll try to change the subject instantly. Contrary to being a walking bomb, Phi tries to help and protect his teammates as much as he can. Whether giving an emotional pick-me-up or providing covering fire on the field of battle. Phi is both loyal and helpful.

However, when it comes to fighting, Phi's take a drastic new position. While he still acts the same to his teammates, to his enemies Phi becomes a near Psychopath ready, willing, and able to destroy any and all who dare oppose him. Obviously he prefers to use explosions of sorts whenever possible.

Phi is a half-man of respect, being a deep sated follower of Confucius, which would explain his constant need for respect of his elders or superiors, also his will to do anything that would be for the greater good. Which in the end, is why he is the perfect choice for being the living bomb.

History: Born somewhere in North Korea, Phi was once a citizen in one of the planet's most iron handed military dictatorships. As a boy Phi was taught from day one to always do as he was ordered, and to always carry supreme loyalty to only the mighty leader. Perhaps this twisted version of leader worship is what brought him to Confucicanism. While religion wasn't forced in North Korea, Confucius's teachings were the preferred choice. Especially due to its ideas of elder worship going hand in hand with the government doctrine of leader worship. Phi enrolled in the military of North Korea and quickly proved himself worthy of advancing to the rank of Sergeant, he possessed skill with all kinds weapons, particularly explosives, and his good nature around his men kept morale high. Military prowess, and loyal devotion to his country's interests over his own made him the model North Korean citizen, at his pace he could become a high ranking general, maybe even leader some day.

Too bad the invasion crushed Phi's dream completely.

North Korea was mostly in the dark during the entire invasion, not even the government really knew what was going on. Of course superstitions were formulated and the idea rose that the Americans were behind it. Thus, the North Koreans managed to send Phi on the mission of his life, he and his company would be given 6 prototype mini nuclear warheads and then sent into America. Phi took the mission with the honor and servitude of any good North Korean citizen.

So in the thick on night, the North Koreans, by pure luck got a Bomber over the American coast, and when it landed Phi and his men moved out. Yet by Day two, Phi's men had been slaughtered by the alien's robots, only Phi and the Warheads remained. Eventually, Phi was badly wounded, but the Robot who almost finished the North Korean off made the mistake of not taking the Warheads. While Phi's body was left in critical condition, the Scout bots who found him still took him underground.

The plan had been long floating around for a Suicide Bomber bot, something could go into an Alien leader's hideout fearless, and once that Cyborg made it in, BOOM! The Aliens would lack a leader, and hopefully retreat, if not then at least loose all organization. A body with 6 nuclear warheads nearby was just what was needed. Phi's operation turned him into a walking nuclear device with reason and logic. He had become the ultimate weapon. Of course, his memory had to be mostly wiped clean. They left only his basic reasoning, Military training, and Confucican loyalty and respect. Phi was told that we was an Asian-American immigrant simply suffering from amnesia, and that he had willingly signed up to have the operation done to him.

With no other source to believe, Phi accepted his false identity and thus joined the damned unit.

Other: The memory wipe wasn't 100% efficient, and deep within his mind, Phi still contains plenty of information on the land once called North Korea. There could always be a chance that Phi could maybe regain his old mind...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Am I the only one here new to this RP? Oh well, I just hope my character works!

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
*Coughs as he walks in covered in dust and cobwebs* Man how long has it been since I- Oh wow *notices and strokes long Gandalf like bread* too long. Anyway here she is again almost a year later Mnemonic, hope she's still up to standards.

Name: Mnemonic
Description: Mnemonic looks, quite frankly, like a heroine out of a science fiction movie. The back of her head is entirely metal and has had no cosmetic changes made to it giving it a rather robotic look. There are several, for lack of a better word, adapters sticking out of it which Mnemonic can remove in order to acquire data. The metallic changes go all the way down to her shoulder blades where there are two small round ports. These will usually contain Mnemonic’s cameras which are circular and able to fly through the air. They are, as you will have likely guessed, used for surveillance. Moving backwards, atop Mnemonic’s head is a pure black baseball cap used for the sole purpose of distracting attention away from Mnemonic’s “upgrade”. She has a small tuff of brown hair sticking out from underneath it which appears to be styled to go with the cap. This makes a lot of sense for when you lift up the cap you’ll see how little hair she has actually got and how short it is near the implant. Her face is smooth, warm and completely human but appears artificial, a mask even, when one sees the back of her head.

Mnemonic’s physique fits into the “skinny” category, an average size amongst the survivors given their limited rations, showing small, if any, features. Her clothing is almost entirely “hand me downs” and is therefore rather tatty as a result. Covering her torso is a rather dull purple hoody with circular tears across the back for her cameras. She usually wears the hoody up over the top of her baseball cap to hide the back of her head. Her arms are completely human. Below her waist she wears a plain pair of shorts displaying her human leg and artificial one which, thankfully, looks realistic. Her Artificial leg has sliding panels which contain an assortment of tools which Mnemonic uses for repairs and gaining entry.

Personality: Mnemonic personality is dependent on the role she’s fulfilling. What I mean by this is that her head implant stores her memories and personality which can be erased and altered should the unit need the specific knowledge for a mission. She can also erase parts of her memory to store data she acquire any from the enemy.

Mnemonic’s usual personality is a composite of many deceased members of the unit as well as civilians which has left her with identity issues. She’ll often not recognise her face if she sees it in a mirror and will take a moment to release its herself. As such she does have a few melancholy moments as she tries to come to terms with her ever changing identify. She does get hung up allot on this, particularly if she’s had her personality altered, but she’ll usually overcome it quickly for, if no other reason, there is a war on and there is no time to get hung up on such things.

Some may consider Mnemonic needy as she often relies on the strength of her friends and comrades to help her through but she, in return, provides support in any way she can. She always tries to keep a brave face throughout missions and is incredibly loyal to her allies.

(Hopefully that all makes sense, this is what I get for trying a unique character 8D)

History: (Ooo boy this is going to be a tangled mess.)

Mnemonic’s history is complicated because she really hasn’t got one. The person called Mnemonic is a work of fiction. Her personality, her life has all been based around a woman named Alice Cooper and, whilst at a time she was her, Mnemonic barely knows the person. Her life, her friends, her family is all the unit. It is the only fact she has going for her.

Alice Cooper was a young woman who had a close relationship with her family. She grew up in Detroit and lived a “happy life” (as happy as you can get anyway) until the Aliens showed up. Alice lost her family when her home was levelled (it was assumed that she was the only survivor) and through wanting revenge and not know what else to do, joined the resistance. She served for three years before she was “converted”. It was after an assault went wrong and she got shot in the back of her head. Though the doctor managed to save her, Alice still died that day. The part of her brain that had stored her memory had been destroyed and there was no chance she’d return to the person she was so the doctors decided to create a persona for her figuring that it would be useful to have a solder that could adapt to a situation quickly.

Other: Mnemonic is prone to bouts of phantom memory (e.g. dream like scenes) however due to her state of mind, she can never be sure if their her own or someone else’s.

Oh btw I'm assuming that this won't be starting for at least a week but never the less I feel it only fair to warn you that I'll be doing nothing till after the 25th (maybe 28th) due to college work. Hope that isn't a problem.

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
I'm rally sorry guys, been having a crappy time as of late...I was really up for this RPG at the time but a bought of depression hit me and I have litterally done nothing but work for the last month. The London Film and Comic Con took my mind off of things a little, but I'm still not 100%. But I dont want to see this RPG suffer again, and all your hard work so I'll read over them tonight and tomorrow and we'll continue this if people are still interested.

Also Absol, it sounds like a wonderful idea IMO. I'm always intrigued by new ideas so I say go for it. Should be fun to see how it works out =)

Again sorry to you all, from what I have read so far, they look like amazing characters, though I know some of you have used your old sign ups they are still looking great =) xxx

Zincspider

My Bloody
Very much interested!

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Okay, I see no problems with the most part pf the sign up's here and as I have basically seen the most part of the characters before then I see no reason not to start this RPG today =) I am most certainly liking peoples origin's and that we are not all from the same camp, it adds some depth to the world around us which is very nice ^_^

Blivesy: Great character as usual, I especially like the difficulty she has using her robotic arm still, I half expect her to turn around and make sure that everyone has they're packed lunches before they set off on this life changing journey =D Accepted x

Zinc: Have you used a split personality character before? I cant remember if you did or not, but he's going to make a very nice addition to the group =) I can only assume that the gang is going to get in a little trouble when Gama rares his head in touchy situations. Accepted x

Killer: This maybe the most rebotic hybrid we have in the gang, I know its minor but I really like the fact that she has wheels for feet, it might make it a little hard on some terrain but its going to add to the sense of adventure and hardship that the group with come across on they're travels. Hmm, I may have a plot line in which to involve your character in through out the RPG due to her background. But we will see =) Accepted x

Sequel: Very nice character, your deffinately going to be our eyes through out this RPG. I can see the group relying on Rem's eyesight a hell of a lot, smog and darkness will probably be the groups worst nightmares in this RPG so we'll be counting on Rem for guidance ;D All I can say about your weapon is to remember that human's understanding of technology though advanced is still in its simplistic stages...I'm not saying it would be impossible to build and that is why I am alowing your radiation emitter but I want you to remember that Bowen used scrap metal to build you, he didn't have high tech equipment. Otherwise Accepted x

Krug Now I have mixed feelings for this character...he seems a little overpowered what with the type of amunition you are carrying...but you are also possibly the most realistic of the bunch. You are after all a war machine. I would expect your character to be less agile than the rest of us and more of a tank, standing there and taking it. It is with this that I accept the character as long as you dont overpower him. Like I said, I would expect nothing less from a war machine, but I expect you to pay for it in terms of speed and agility. Oh and the detenator...very nice idea, could lead to interesting plot development =)
Your history, though a little vague on how the troops got over seas is acceptable and I was a little scheptical about a memory wipe as like I stated, human understanding of technology is very limited, but I'm quite intrigued by it and if Bowen can make a robot hybrid from scraps, I'm sure humans could have mustered up some sort of memory eraser by now =P It is possible that someone within the Damned Unit knows of your true identity. Accepted x

Skeith: Hai there =D Oooh, Phantom Memories huh? I like it. She's more of a robot in terms of feeling and thoughs than she is in body. Its a nice twist, I'm looking forward to your characters development. I'm actually wondering how she will fare with the above world and all the dangers...she seems rather fragile which is interesting. Accepted =) x

Okay then, expect this up today or at the very latest tomorrow morning, though as I said I dont see why I shouldnt have the opening post up later today =)

I'm also loving the range of characers we have here, so many different personality's and backgrounds =D

Last edited: