• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dangerous Pokemon World!

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego ★ Vendrix
~Professor Birch's Lab, Littleroot Town~

"Well that was kinda rude," Diego said as he saw Jack go on without waiting for the rest. However, he and Pikachu became distracted when they saw Tyler's egg hatching. It was a cute little Snorunt. When he saw the moment between the baby and its trainer, he smiled nostalgic. He remember having to do the same since he was 3 back when Pikachu was still a Pichu. "Well, congrats Jack. If you need help, I know a bit about baby pokemon, which caused Pikachu to also remember its time as a Pichu. "Don't forget to register it in your Pokedex," Diego said as he decided to wait for everyone else to be on their way first.

He the decided to take his pokedex and scan Pikachu. He mentally begin to figure out the team. There was a Magnemite, Pikachu, Treecko, Mudkip,male Nidoran and now a Snorunt. He realized that 3/5 of the team was weak to fire. That emans first objective it to get a rock, ground or another water type as well as a fire type to start balancing things put. He wished he could have gotten a Torchic as well... oh well, he though before scanning Pikachu.

Pikachu, the Mouse Pokemon. It stores electricity in the electric sacs on its cheeks. When it releases pent-up energy in a burst, the electric power is equal to a lightning bolt.

Last edited:

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
(It was Tyler's egg and you forgot Ashley's Nidoran, you might want to fix that)
Character
(This is just a normal post for Merrin)

Merrin was in the process of scanning Sapphire when Jack walked out. The pokedex said, "The fin on its head is like a sensitive radar. The fin is able to detect movements in the air and water. This Pokémon can determine the surroundings around it without using its eyes." Of course Merrin already knew this since he has been studying pokémon for a while now. He was a bit disappointed when Jack chose treecko but he already had mudkip in mind as a back up. Merrin has always preferred grass and water types over fire.
He was just about to go after Jack thinking, What the hell is this guy thinking? but before he went to steps he was mesmerized by the hatching of snorunt. It seemed to be a cute little pokémon eating it's partners poffins. Mental note, Merrin thought, ask Tyler to make me some of those. After Diego told Tyler to register his pokémon Merrin said, "I know he's cute and all but I think we should go after Jack," and he walks down the hall as well hoping the others would follow in a minute.

CuriousHeartless

Jack walked out of the lab and called out Emerald. The little grrass type stood on the ground next to him

"Treek." He said.

"Hello Emerald." Jack said. "Let's see. What moves did the pokedex say you knew again? Oh yes. Emerald, use Pound on me."

"Tree?" Emerald said, questiongly.

"Come on. Do it." Jack ordered. Emerald sighed and jumped at Jack. He swung his tail, and slammed Jack in the chest.

"Good." He grunted. "Very good. We might just be able to take down Drake after all. But you have another move. Use Leer."

"Ko." Emerald said. He leered into Jack's eyes, sending a chill up his back.

"Good." Jack said, a small hint of happiness entering his voice. He noticed the one guy who was in charge coming throught the building. What was his name? Jack thought. "Okay Emerald, let's finish this quickly. Use Leer and Pound together."

The Treeko leered at Jack, adn then quickly pushed himself forward and hit him in the chest. Jack got knocked back with an oomph.

"Perfect."

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Alex had followed Merrin out of the lab and laughed as the grass type attacked its trainer. "Congats to your Treecko Jack. It has just managed to defeat the weakest animal in the world. A human." Still grinning he read what other info was in the pokedex. "Hmmm..." He muttered to himself. "It looks like my teach has leveled this guy up. It knows Metal Sound and Tackle. Good start."

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Jack heard a voice from the direction of the lab. He turned his head and saw Ales. "Congrats to your Treecko Jack." He said. "It has just managed to defeat the weakest animal in the world. A human."

"Shut up." Jack yelled. "Really. Come on Emerald." He walked towards the others. "Do you think you are really that good. I challenge you to a battle. Or are you a chicken."

-From Emerald's point of view to help stretch this out. This starts from the second that Jack picks up his pokeball.-

Treecko was jumping throught the simulated forest in the pokeball. He had just jumped from one tree to another when he heard a voice.

"Come out Emerald."

[Emerald huh? I guess that whoever is choosing me is giving me a new name.] Treecko said to himself as he got taken out of the ball. Treeko, now Emerald, stared down his new partner. [This boy seems to have a bad past.] He said, although all the humans only heard it as "Treecko"

"Now who would you like Merrin?" said the Proffesor Birch, the man who raised Emerald, Torchick, and Mudkip. Emerald looked at the other boy in the room and guessed that he was Merrin.

Merrin replied, quite quickly, "Mudkip please," and catches the ball as Professor Birch throws it. He catches it a bit clumsily then throws it in the air and says, "Come out Sapphire!" and out of the pokeball came an animal/fish looking pokémon.

[Sapphire?] Emerald said [Next thing you know we will have Torchick with us and have to be calling her Ruby. Hello Sapphire, I see you got renamed to. My new name is Emerald.] He held out his hand to Sapphire, even though they have known each other there whole lives.

Emerald watched as Birch handed all of the gathere teens pokedexes and then his partner scanned him With a small hint of a grin, the boy started talking. "Well I'm done here," and then he walked out of the room and down the hall, Emerald following.

-Later a few seconds outside.-

[What was that?] Emerald was standing next to Jack outside and saw a small light inside the lab.

"Hello Emerald." THe boy said. ""Let's see. What moves did the pokedex say you knew again? Oh yes. Emerald, use Pound on me."

[What.] Emerald dead panned.

"Come on. Do it." Jack ordered. Emerald sighed and jumped at Jack. He swung his tail, and slammed Jack in the chest.

"Good." He grunted. "Very good. We might just be able to take down Drake after all. But you have another move. Use Leer."

[Okay] Emerald said. He leered into Jack's eyes, sending a chill up his back.

"Good." Jack said, a small hint of happiness entering his voice. He noticed the one guy who was in charge coming throught the building. What was his name? Jack thought. "Okay Emerald, let's finish this quickly. Use Leer and Pound together."

Emerald leered at Jack, and then quickly pushed himself forward and hit him in the chest. Jack got knocked back with an oomph.

"Perfect."

[Why did he want me to do that? And Why is it perfect.] Emerald was confused to the extreme.

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Alex grinned. "If you want a chicken, there was a Torchic back there," He said pointing over his shoulder at the lab. "I'll take your challenge." He took out Magnemite's Pokeball and threw it. "Let's go Magnemite!" The little metal Pokemon appeared in flash of light and let out a series of beeps. Not much of a battle cry but it doesn't really matter. Alex casually stuck his hands into his pockets, then stretched behind his head and secretly put some earplugs in his ears. "Use Metal Sound." The Megnemite rubbed its magnets against its body which produced a noise an out of tune garage band would be proud of. Even with the ear plugs, Alex covered his ears.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Tyler cringed at the sound of the attack. Instictively he immediately covered the baby snorunts ears. Snorunt was too consumed in eating my weeks supply of poffins to even notice.

What just happened? Tyler thought.... If we are going to journey together, I dont think we should be enemies... Oh well, a little competion between "friends" isnt bad... right? Tyler desperately wanted to cover his ears, but he had to protect Snorunts.... This is a baby pokemon... no experience in.. well anything, yet. The pokedex says it knows Powder Snow, and leer. Ill have to train her up. Tyler silently thanked his mom for the pokemon egg... an ice type. Ice type. Great to help beat dragon types. Weak to fire obiously. The sound is getting really annoying, when will this magnemite stop! In reality its probally only been 20 seconds since the sound started. Felt like years.

Last edited:

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
Character
"Stop, Stop!" yelled Merrin over the attack. Merrin continuing the yell, "if you two really want to do this we should go to the arena at the side of the laboratory. While thinking, I don't think this journey is going to go very smoothly, Merrin turned from the trainers and their pokémon. While beckoning to them to follow he goes around the side of the building to see a grass field with white lines of a pokémon arena. Without turning around to check if they followed he says, "Here is where all the battles here are held."
-Sapphire-
Sapphire who has just come out of his pokeball wondering why his new partner chose the ridiculous name. Seeing his friend treecko who was also renamed Emerald says, [Hey, looks like we finally got picked.] From there Sapphire just watches everything unfold alongside his new partner (who he thinks is called Merrin hearing it from another human) thinking This is a lot of drama for just a few minutes, seems like life with these guys will be interesting.
(Added a bit of info on battling at the end of the first post)
(Added more again)

Last edited:

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
At first Alex didn't hear Merrin, due to the Metal Sound and the earplugs, but when he saw the others start walking away he shouted at his Magnemite to knock it off. Then he signaled the Magnet Pokemon to follow as he jogged after the others. "What was that?" He was noticibly talking louder than normal due the ear plugs still in his ears. But he understood what was going on when he saw the arena. "Ok thanks Merrin." He jogged down to the field and stood in the trainer's box at one end with the Magnemite floating behind him. "Ok let's pick up where we left off. Metal Sound!" Magnemite started making the terrible noise again.

CuriousHeartless

IC

Jack faced down Alex across the battlefield. Emerald stood on the field and oggled the Magnemite.

"Okay'" Alex said, "let's pick this up where we left off. Metal Sound." Magnemite picked back up the screeching sound, causing Jack a headache.

"Emerald, use Leer!" Jack yelled over the sound.

[Okay.] Emerald said. He stared into Magnemite's steely eyye, weakening its defences.

OOC
The stuff in []s is Pokespeak. Only other pokemon would understand it.

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
The Magnemite started looking unsure but kept up the noise. "Turn up the volume!" Alex shouted. The magnet pokemon gave a little bob which I knew was a nod and the sound grew even louder. "Looks like we have a the perfect alarm clock here!" He shouted with a grin. Kind of hard to battle when you can't hear your trainer huh? He thought. He can't do too much to Magnemite with just Pound. Though the Leer might cause problems. "Close your eye!" Which Magnemite promptly did.

CuriousHeartless

"Ugh." Jack complained. "This will take forever. Emerald use Leer again."

The Treecko tried to Leer again, but Magnemite upped the noise and closed its eye. [Crud].

"Dang." Jack said. "Try Pound.

[What?] Emerald asked, the Metal Sound blocking Jack's order.

Why isn't he doing something. Jack thought. Wait, I got it. "EMERALD USE POUND" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

[Okay, I caught that one.] Emerald pounded Magnemite hardly. But, his tail bounced off, barely doing any damage. Jack cursed to hiself and waited for Alex's next move.

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
I think since we don't want to randomly guess health and such, I will provide stats for the battle. If anyone has any objections just let me know.
Magnemite has done little more than screech this entire time and this has caused Emeralds special defense to drop dramatical but magnemite has no special moves so this is useless for now other than being annoying. His normal defense has been lowered a bit so when pound hit it dealt a bit more damage. To simplify things I'll say his health is at 8.5 out of 10.
Emerald just has lowed special defense but besides that nada. !0 out of 10.
again any objections let me know.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
I watched the battle while holding the baby Snorunt, who was also intrigued by the battle. She kepted twitching a little, like shes anxious and wants to join.

oh my arceus, when will this battle end. Leo thought while impatiently looking at his poke-tech. (the watch thing I forgot what its called) This is useless, why doesnt the treeco just use pound on it.... leer isnt doing much. Leo rolled his eyes... he got used to the annoying metal sound, but its giving him a little bit of a headache. I wish I could just yell "Snorunt, Powder snow!" and break up the battle....

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
He gritted his teeth. Magnemite's Metal Sound might be innoying, he thought, but Metal Sound doesn't damage and it's the special defence that gets hit. Magnemite only has Tackle. Needless to say, this isn't working. "Ok Magnemite, time for the attack. Tackle!" The Magnet pokemon charged at the lizard and rammed his stomache. I guess i should have just started with tackle. Oh well too late for that.

CuriousHeartless

"Thank god." Jack said as the noise came to a stop, but Magnemite charged at Emerald.

[Oww!] Emerald screamed as the magnet pokemon slammed into his stomach.

"Dang." Jack groaned, frustratedly. Wait! He thought, an idea hitting him. If Magnemite hit Emerald, it must have opened its eye.

"Emerald use Leer."

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Alex shrugged. Magnemite can take those hits, he thought. I just need to keep attacking. However just in case, I need to boost the attack.
"Magnemite! Turn the screws in your body around so they are pointed outward.: The Magnemite looked a little confused, he must have been thinking that I was the one with a screw loose, but turned the screws around. "Now use Tackle! Try stabbing the screw on top of your head in him." The attack promptly hit the Treecko's stomach, leaving a big wound. "If he attacks, try to get him to hit one of your screws."

CuriousHeartless

OOC
Okay gmoyes, I am calling bullcrap. If he flips those screws it has to be magnetically. Which means that they are magnetic, so reversing them would make them shoot off. And the way things appear to be, the would not hit Emerald. Sorry, but until Martin says something to help sort this out I am not posting for the battle.

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
(ooc: If you take a magnet and a screw, no matter what's touching where, it will stay. And since Magnemite can control its magnetic power, it can turn it on and of when it wants and flip north and south)

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
Well here is a pick with it's head screw out, I think if it was real, it could be possible but it's not very sportsman like in a friendly match so I'll post this.
081Magnemite.png

Character
"Stop," Merrin yells, "This battle is over." Jack and Alex Turn to stare at him. Merrin turns to Alex saying, "That is not how we do things here for friendly Pokémon battles. I have to admit it was good thinking but don't do that to an innocent Pokémon." Merrin just shakes his head and moves to check on Emerald.
-Sapphire-
Sapphire couldn't believe his eyes when she saw what magnemite was about to do, yelling out, [Nooo!] (or as human ear picked it up, "Kiiip!") He wanted to run and help Emerald but he saw Merrin was about to do something so he reluctantly waited a minute.
Does this work for everyone?
Edit: It may be a draw but both Pokémon have leveled up.

Last edited: