• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dangerous Pokemon World!

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Alex watched the others come back into the room. He muttered a goodnight to the others, retreaved Magnemite back into its ball and tried to get to sleep. Like most nights, sleep was a long time coming. Exspecially with what all happened today. If that Treecko took that much damage from a sharp Tackle from Magnemite, what would have happened if it was a stronger pokemon? I guess I'll apoligize to Jack first thing in the morning, once he has his Treecko back. And until I see how the others battle, I'll sit out of the next few battles. And I'll never try a stunt like that unless it's a life or death situation. Yeah that's what I'll do. With that, he struggled to fall asleep and finally managed to an hour later.

CuriousHeartless

Jack watched the others go off to bed. Finally, after about ten minutes of waiting, he turned and looked back at the machine holding Emerald's pokeball. "This is terrible." He sighed. "I went shooting off my mouth and let my temper get out of hand. And Emerald ended up suffering for it. I should probably be getting to bed." Jack got up and went to the room. He saw the others sleeping and layed down in the bunk under Alex. His dreams that night were filled with the scene of his partner getting stabbed.

Serenus

Hey Betsy!
OOC: To whom ever said it earlier incorrectly, my Nidoran is female, not male, please get it right next time. The 'battle incident' didn't seem to go to well, I want to stress that both parties must be willing to lose at some point, what I saw was two RPers, that both didn't want to lose. Please think, these 'characters' of yours have just began their apparent pokemon journeys and shall not be pokemon masters quite yet. I must say Martin_ this does seem to be developing quickly, I like the idea of having story posts every once in a while that really progress the story, but the majority of posts should advance the story in one way or another, it doesn't have to be major; it can be as simple as learning something new about a character, or displaying a quality of theirs that is listed in the RPers sign up. A lot of the posts in between just seem to be their to fill up gaps.

IC:

Ashley had sat around all day, and was currently reading a book, simply watching these trainers that he will be travelling with, they seemed a decent bunch but he'd definitely noticed a few things.

One boy, Alex or 'fatty' as Ashley has secretly named him, clearly never wished to be wrong and thinks that he rarely is, Ashley already have a desire to correct him on any detail at any possible point. He clearly didn't seem to care about his fashion; it was potentially pretentious for Ashley to notice or care about this, however, he didn't seem to care.

The kid with the Treeko he thought was okay, and from the battle he clearly, in Ashley's opinion, had his head screwed on correctly. However, Ashley's pessimistic view of human nature, results in him thinking that this Jackson person must surely be sizing people up also.

Ashley moved onto this bed, and continued to read.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
tyler layed in his bed... snorunt next to him... refusing to go back into the ball. Snorunt was fast asleep, snoring and breathing out cold air... it felt good... Leo wanted privacy... sharing a room... wasnt appealing. He got the smaller of the 2 blankets that where on the bed and hung one like a drape from the top bunk.

There... like a door. Nobody can see me... and I cant see anybody. Leo thought. He stared into the darkness before quietly retreating into silent slumber...

Last edited:

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
(Well like I said, there isn't an overall plot (not counting the team rocket background that might progress into something) it's just supposed to be fun and interesting. If everyone really wants a real plot post a vote yes or no in next post, if yes I can make one)
Event

The sun is steadily rising over the surrounding forest making the sky shine for the first real day of a long journey.
It is a quiet night and nothing seems to happen so when Professor Birch comes in and wakes up the sleeping teens they get up relatively easily. Professor Borch hands Jack Emerald's Pokémon saying, "He should be all better now, and if anything goes wrong again just head to the nearest Pokémon center." Then he proceeds to lead everyone out side. Once out he adds, "Pokémon centers will usually let you stay the night but they're doors close a bit after dark so keep that in mind." He takes one last look at the group of kids thinking, I remember doing this, they are in for one heck of a journey. He says, "You better tale care of yourselves, things are getting worse out there every day." With that he turns and beads back in. The group stares at each other, then turns and heads for the trail leading out of town. As they are walking Merrin says, "Our first stop is Oldale Town, then we can decide where to go from there. We might encounter zigzagoon, poocheyena, and wurmpules. We should be there before the night ends," to the entire group.
(I'll add more in a minute just have to do a sec of research. In the mean time feel free to post how your characters night was and how he feels this morning)
Edit:
Full post is up now, there wasn't much added but oh well. Black steelix's character is currently just going to stay quite and follow and will be sent a warning for lack of activity.
P.S. I added rule twenty
20. All pokemon wounds are from now on scratches or bruises, so don't add anything too bad (without my permision that is)

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

OOC
No, no plot is actually needed. We are six(?) trainers in search of our dreams.

IC
Jack was delighted to feel the reprieve of being awake. As soon as Professor Birch handed him Emerald's pokeball, the terrible nightmares that haunted his sleep disappeared. The boys walked outside and to the trail leaving town.

"Hey Alex." Jack said, calling Alex from a bit behind the group. "I'm sorry for letting my temper escape me. I was trying to see Emerald's power and then things just fell apart." He waited for Alex to respond and then a hint of a smile came to his lips. "And you know, we never finished our battle. We will have to do that later, after we atch more pokemon of course.

locomo

Snorunt was following behind us... or should i say... dancing ... this little pokemon is too hyper and active... basically all the time....

I hope i can engage in a battle... Snorunt I want to see what your capable of... Powder snow and leer.... not much, but should do.... Leo thought.

Tyler began to easedrop on Alex and Jack.... seems like they are resolving some issues... that sounds good. Did I hear of a rematch? Maybe Ill have to battle Jack's treecko.... or that magenmite.... Perhaps pikachu, tropisius, or saphire.... One of them. Snorunt needs her experience... Maybe she'll evolve into a glalie... Snorunts can evolve into something else too... but i dont remmeber.... Tyler lagged behind the group somewhat, lost... in his own thoughts.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego ★ Vendrix
~Professor Birch's Lab, Littleroot Town~

Diego's night was rather uneventful except for a vague memory. He woke at midnight and he saw for a moment the indigo-eyed-colored Darkrai watching over him and giving him a thumbs-up? He wasn't sure if it was a dream or not, then again, Darkrai has power over dreams. He simply shrugged his shoulders over it. Pikachu was also ready to get some new friends. Diego began calculating a potential team in his mind. The only thing that bothered him was trying to get a Fire type.

Diego smiled as he saw the group get along. So with the dawning of a new day, was the pursue of their dreams. However, he knew the trip would be long and hard. Things weren't what they used to be. Pikachu had a determined look on its face as he was on Diego's shoulder. "Well, guys. Here it begins, the ultimate pursue of our dreams!" Diego said as he did the Kamina pose in excitement.

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Alex was the last one out of bed but he quickly got dressed and ran to breakfast. Complimentery breakfast for trainer, oh yeah! he thought while chowing down on a few sausages.
After breakfast he waited for the others to finish then followed the others out the door, out of the town. He hung back thinking of how to start his apology, when Jack started for him.
When Jack finished speaking, Alex nodded. "I'm sorry too, Jack. I didn't know that stunt would be so dangerous. But seeing what happened, I shudder to think at what would have happened if it was a stronger pokemon attacking. As for the rematch, I have one thing to say: good luck, you'll need it." He laughed and held out his hand. "Truce?"

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
Character
Merrin's night was restful and dreamless, though he woke long before Professor Birch came in. He spent this time thinking about the guys he's going to spend a lot of time with from now on. Well there's Jack, he thought, who is a bit rude and a bit angry all around. He seems to have a soft spot for his Pokémon though. Then there's Alex, he got a bit brutal though I doubt it was intentional. The only other one that has made a splash so far is Tyler with his snorunt, seems the friendly type so far. Now that the are finally on the trail out he laughs at Diego and his pose and looks forward to the new day.
After a while oblivious to Jack and Alex he says to the group, "Hey, what do you all have in your packs?" Those that are listening look at his quizzically and he clarifies, "I mean that we should probably know what everyone has, just in case we need to use each-others stuff in an emergency." He proceeds to take of his pack and check it's contents. "I have 3 potions, some bandages, five pokeballs, some food for a few days, a paralysis heal, and a sleeping bag. That sounds like I'm missing something... Oh well."
By the way I'm setting up a Pokémon encounter in a few hours, just to let you know.

locomo

Tyler looked into his bag... he forgot what he broguht.

"looks like 5 pokeballs, a berry holding case, my mini poffin maker, money."

I never realized how little i packed... mustve been over my head when i was packing. Shouldve brought some water, dang it! Tler thought

Last edited:

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Alex shrugged and looked through the bag. It was bigger than the others and the sleeping bag hung on the outside. "I've got my laptop, a couple of bottles of water, a tarp, a pillow, a lighter, a couple of pokeballs-" he took one out an put it in pocket for easy acess, "a multi tool, my badge case, a couple of potions, a super potion, an awakening, an antidote- oh hey! A revive!" He got a look from the others. "What? Like my dad say, better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it." He turned to Diego. "I heard you're a move tutor in training. What moves can you teach?"

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
(to keep up with what I said here your chance at a wild pokemon, but assume you said what was in your pack and put what you siad first then put what your doing now, like a double post (but in just one post))
After a bit more walking Merrin says out loud, "Hold up guys," while stopping and crouching down. As he looks at the ground studdying some small tracks he says, there was a small pack of what I presume to be poocheyena here recently, if we go now we can catch up to them." He looks at the group, "I'm going to follow them, any other takers? If not you can search the trees for a wurmple while I'm gone." While he says that he thinks, I wonder what that larger pair of tracks belongs to...

locomo

Wild pokiemon? Gah! I never even thought what to assemble my team as... i guess ill just go along. I have no idea what pokemon are found in this region... hmmmmm. What I do know is wurmple.... wurmple -> beautifly. And im going for some contest ribbons... so a beautifly might come in handy.... Tyler thought....

((if i get the "OK" to go after a wurmple. then ill edit. if not, then... yeah. lol.))

EDIT: "Ok Merrin... i think ill stay here and search for a wurmple." Tyler said..... He began to look up and down trees... It didnt take too long.

"Whoa! is that A wurmple?" I pulled out the pokedex and began to scan the pokemon.

"Zigzagoon, the TinyRaccoon Pokémon. Zigzagoon is extremely curious and so ends up walking in a zigzag path between things that interest it." The pokedex said.

"I gues wurmple would look like a worm.... oh well, Snorunt lets see your stuff! Use powder snow!" Snorunt took a deep breathe and blew feriously at the zigzagoon. The zigzagoon then jumped onto another branch avoiding the attack. The force of his jump broke the branch and a wurmple fell ontop of Tyler's head. The zigzagoon ran away.

Man... i suck here. I spent all my life researching, knowing, thinking, of sinnoh pokemon... and im plopped in hoenn and i couldnt tell if a zigzagoon was a wurmple. and is snorunt sitting on my head? feels heavy up there.... Tyler thought to himself.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego ★ Vendrix
~Professor Birch's Lab, Littleroot Town~

Diego decided to check what he brought with him just to be sure. He had some water bottles, some packaged foods, a sleeping bag, money, 3 potions, an antidote, a paralayz heal and 10 pokeballs. Pikachu made sure everything was good. He begin calculating what to catch. "Oh, it depends on each pokemon. I have a book with me to remind me what they can learn. Once I get good enough, I can get the ones from Sinnoh and Jotho. I even heard there is one in Unova. My specialties are the elemental punches so far," Diego explained. He then heard they had the okay to look for Pokemon. A Wurmple would be useful, especially a Beautifly, though a Dustox would work as well. "Pikachu, you sniff anything?" he asked.

OOC: When do we have the okay to start catching?

Last edited:

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
(hey DVB my charicter asked your's a question)
(oops sorry didn't see that until after i posted)
"Well that doesn't work. Magnemite doesn't have fists. Anywat Merrin, I'll stay here. I don't really feel like battling right now." He sat down under a tree and booted up his laptop and sent an e-mail to his mother.
Dear Mom,
We just left Littleroot town. We were delayed by some paperwork poorly handled but we're ok now. I just had my first battle. My Magnemite vs. another of our group, Jack, and his Treecko. We got iterupted mid battle so it was a tie but not a bad start. I'll miss you,
Alex
With that, he just played a little solitare.

Last edited:

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
OOC: You can catch one after you find one and battle it. I'll post as the wild Pokémon like what I'll do now.
Wurmple
The little caterpillar like Pokémon was calmly munching on some delicious leaves it found earlier today when a Zigzagoon started to look at it funny. Zigzagoon are mostly herbivores but they don't ming a small bug pokemon every now and then. Right when it was getting really scared the Zigzagoon was startled and broke the branch it was on. Wurmple was confused when it didn't hist the ground but landed on something far (compared to itself) off the ground. Wurmple in a moment of disarray jumped of this weird two legged creature he's heard of from other pokemon, he is so scarred he shoots string shot at it.
OOC again: So no one is interested with poocheyena?

Last edited:

locomo

OOC: I think you should wait a little longer for kissmygrass, he might be interested.

IC: "AAAAAAH!!!!!!" Tyler cried as what appeared to be silly string hit him. The wurmple jumped off... "wurmple!"

Tyler scrathed off the silly string and took out his pokedex.

"Wurmple, the Worm Pokémon. Wurmple live primarily off of sap from trees. The suction cups on its feet keep it from slipping" The pokedex said.

"A wurmple! Your mine! Snorunt powder snow!" Snorunt blew its attack right at wurmple. Wurmple dodged and used string shot at snorunt. "Snorunt! Avoid it!" But it was too late. Snorunt was wrapped up in the string shot. The wild wurmple then used poison sting.

"Snorunt!" Snorunt cried when being hit.

Tyler watched as snorunt looked like a top on her side... wait... a top? Snorunts like a top.... I got it! "spin snorunt spin! and use powder snow!" Snorunt began to spin and spew powder snow... the snow landed on the webs and they camee off. Snorunt stood up and used powder snow again at wurmple... the wild pokemon tried to dodge but failed. Wurmple layed there as Tyler threw the pokeball.

*DING* the sound of the pokeball succesfully catching a pokemon.

"YES! I caught... a wurmple!" Tyler cried out while holidng the pokeball!

This wurmple... its fast! Smart too.... maybe I should evolve him into a dustnox.Yup, thats what im gonna do. Dustnox.... tyler pondered while playing with the ball...

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego ★ Vendrix
~Route 101~

Diego felt his gut tell him to save his Pokeballs for later. He decided it would be best for him to train Pikachu. Pikachu appeared to have inherited a few moves from his parents. Besides Thundershock, it appears to have the egg moves Mimic and Wish. Based on this, both of Pikachu's parents must have known Mimic. Well, it will definitely be interesting. However, he burst from his musing by the growl of a Poochyena. "Well, well, let's do this," Diego said as Pikachu leaped from his shoulder. "Pikachu, use Thunder Shock," he said as Pikachu launched a jolt of electricity at the Poochyena. It was a good hit and it even payalyzed it. However, it was about to go Tackle, resulting in a small bruise on Pikachu's stomach. Pikachu just growled before using another Thundershock, resulting in a critical hit. With Poochyena defeated, Pikachu gained experience. "Alright, let's go," he said.

Martin_

Adventure Seeker
(that wasn't really what I had planned for the poocheyena but I gues that works, just to remind/tell everyone that I am the only one to post for npc's includeing wild pokemon attacks)
Event

The defeated poocheyena ran scared away from the human, he heard of thier evil from mighteyena, the current leader of the pack. Mighteyena was capture as a poocheyena by some passing team rocket agents and was treated terribly for three years, durring that time as a poocheyena he was forced to travel through small long underground tunnels delivering messages and small suplies. He saw light three times in as many years and when it evolved he was thrown out for being to big. He was weak, malnourished and dirty beyond recognition and barely survived. He somehow made it back to his old home on rout 101 and told his story to other young poocheyena. When one of them came back badly hurt by a human he didn't even stop to think and ran in the dirrection the poor pokemon came from.
The group was moving steadily through the forest again when they heard the menacing growl. Merrin who has been through a few pokemon atacks stopped, frozen in place by fear. The others were looking around for the source of the noise when mighteyena jumped into action yelling [Go away!] Senseing his fear he attacked Merrin first catching his shoulder with his claws knocking Merrin off his feet.
(mighteyena is a higher lvl pokemon so it will take multiple pokemon to take it down. Also on an unrelated note kissmygrass96 will have sparse computer acsess for a while so he can be bunnyed when needed as long as he's kept in charachter)