• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dark Knight Thread 2.0

Tom1357

pokemon breeder
I saw it a coupla days ago it ROCKED!!!!!!!! i may be going to see it in IMAX

Token

I know this was written pages ago, but I just saw it and I'd like to go back to it. I loved Heath Ledger's Joker. He stole the show, and he's probably my favorite portrayal of Joker. I cannot, however, think of him as a more definitive Joker than Mark Hamil. Ledger seemed like such a different take on it. He was subtle, unhinged. The Joker I've seen in the comics, to which I still match Hamil's voice, is more surreal, sinister, and over-the-top. Apples to oranges, in the end.

Actually, now that I've had some time to think about the movie, as opposed to posting right after I got home from it, I have to change my opinion. While Hamil is, and always will be the Joker on any animated series, (although, I did kind of like direction they went in The Batman. Who voiced him BTW?), Heath is better on the silver screen. Mostly because Hamil isn't intimidating enough IRL to look like the Joker. Besides, he was Luke Skywalker. When we don't see him, he is perfectly acceptable as old Jackie. But when we see him, it's.... different. Both had their moments, and if you ask me, both are the best Joker's of their respective mediums.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Actually, now that I've had some time to think about the movie, as opposed to posting right after I got home from it, I have to change my opinion. While Hamil is, and always will be the Joker on any animated series, (although, I did kind of like direction they went in The Batman. Who voiced him BTW?), Heath is better on the silver screen. Mostly because Hamil isn't intimidating enough IRL to look like the Joker. Besides, he was Luke Skywalker. When we don't see him, he is perfectly acceptable as old Jackie. But when we see him, it's.... different. Both had their moments, and if you ask me, both are the best Joker's of their respective mediums.
Oh, I never meant that Hamil should appear on-screen in Joker make-up. I just meant that when I think of Joker, he's taken his voice and mannerisims from the Hamil version.

Beanie

<Joe Momma
teh moovie was g00d an' all but it was a little too looooooong

Saw it last night. The joker creeped me out. 2 face had a short run... I like how the van the joker rode in had an s painnted in front of laughter so it read "Slaughter (is the best medicine?)"

Pokewiz

Good bye :)
omg, I just came home from watching the movie, and I'm still pumped. It was in all honesty, the BEST movie I've ever watched, blew everything else just out of the water, seriously. I really didn't think that the Dark Knight would live up to all it's hype, but it did! It really, really did! Sure, it scared the living shit out of me, but who cares? It was effing awesome.

(please excuse my language, lawl)

I would watch it again if I wasn't broke!

teh moovie was g00d an' all but it was a little too looooooong

Are you kidding? I didn't want it to stop. It was definitely added to my top 5 movies of all time. It was just that good.

ninny13

I saw it a few days ago. Heath Ledger was so good as the Joker.
I've only seen him in 10 Things & A Knight's Tale & he was so different & freaky in this movie.
I think I have to see it again though. I can't really remember how good the rest of it was.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Saw it earlier today and it was awesome. The best movie I've seen for a long time. Definitely would recommend it.

Regan

Banned
The worst part about the movie is that the Joker doesn't die, so they're going to really have to recast him for the next one. I doubt anyone will ever live up to Heath's roll in the dark knight. I'd definately say its the best movie of all time.

mimefan

Banned
So I'm the only one with sense and the sound's too loud well yeah when I usually go to the cinemas the sound's just right it isn't BOOM BOOM BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM like the freakin death parade was. Oh Yeah Jack Nicholson (sp) beats the utter shit out of Heath Ledger's one. Another thing people have opinions don't go bashing them because they have a sense of opinion it's like me bashing you for liking The Dark Knight. Am I the only one to find this hypocritical?

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
So I'm the only one with sense and the sound's too loud well yeah when I usually go to the cinemas the sound's just right it isn't BOOM BOOM BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM like the freakin death parade was. Oh Yeah Jack Nicholson (sp) beats the utter shit out of Heath Ledger's one. Another thing people have opinions don't go bashing them because they have a sense of opinion it's like me bashing you for liking The Dark Knight. Am I the only one to find this hypocritical?
You obviously have senstive ears then. And Jack Nicholson was just jack in make up. This is not bashing either just stating a counter to your opinion. Which isn't that good to begin with as Jack's Joker wasn't really The Joker as he is normally portrayed.

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
The worst part about the movie is that the Joker doesn't die, so they're going to really have to recast him for the next one. I doubt anyone will ever live up to Heath's roll in the dark knight. I'd definately say its the best movie of all time.

He doesn't really have to die. They could just hold him up in Arkum I would suppose. I mean if they killed off the Joker I doubt many people would have been happy. Besides they could always re-cast him in a few years time when this one has died down, but I do agree that I doubt they will find anyone as good as him to take it on. But they needent bring him back, not just yet anyways.

kyle_hyde_215

Saw it on my bday last week and The Joker was utterly disturbing and I can't look at a pencil in the same way plus the bank robbery at the beginning was just fun to watch but I thought Two-Face should of had a bigger part as Two-Face not as Dent

Redington

Vaevictus Asmadi
For what it's worth, coparing Nicholson to Ledger is a little off imo because the aim for both movies were different in the sense that Nolan wanted a more serious Batman series than the previous one. Which, I think he complished thus far; especially the hard work Ledger put into fulfilling the role of a more psychopathic maniac Joker.

The Dark Knight was great for the character development (although, I find that Bruce Wayne/Batman was a tiny bit flat). The plot and pace of the actual movie itself seemed quite not right to me. Oh well, I liked The Dark Knight alot; mainly because it mostly focuses on the Joker. Havey Dent/Two-Face was not bad either character-wise.

Glitch Master

What Happened?
That movie makes me wonder why the Matrix was rated R.

Glitch Master

What Happened?
That movie makes me wonder why the Matrix was rated R.