• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dark Meowth is Alolan Meowth!? (1005)

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Said segment has never revealed anything vitally important. It's not like a main character caught a Pokemon or evolved one in one of those, so I don't see any problems.

Well, I really don’t think they’d have a main character catch or evolve a Pokemon in the PokeProblem segment. Also, a lot of people were wondering how the Alolan Meowth got to Alola. All I was saying is that a lot of people who only watch the dub won’t know how the Alolan Meowth got to Kanto.

EDIT: I’m not the only person who said that so...

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Well, I really don’t think they’d have a main character catch or evolve a Pokemon in the PokeProblem segment. Also, a lot of people were wondering how the Alolan Meowth got to Alola. All I was saying is that a lot of people who only watch the dub won’t know how the Alolan Meowth got to Kanto.

EDIT: I’m not the only person who said that so...

Regardless, that's really not something that vitally needed answering.

Also, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it now: anyone who has ever complained about the dub removing the PokeProblem segment accidentally implied that kids are idiots who need answers to absolutely every ****ing thing they experience. No, they don't. Not everything needs an explicit ending with all things addressed. Illumination Entertainment tried giving an ending to The Lorax, and that was a terrible idea. A Series of Unfortunate Events is literally best known for its millions of unsolved mysteries. I could go on, but the point's been made: OLM, fans of JP Pokemon, and to a lesser extent TPCi should quit disrespecting human intelligence.

(I'd have included 4kids in that list, but they're gone now, having been done in by that and many more mistakes (though kudos to them for removing the narration from Pikachu's Rescue Adventure).)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Vipsoccermaster

Alolan Meowth was hilarious in this episode. Loved the tricks and schemes it played on Ash and his friends and even Team Rocket. Meowth, stop complaining about some ice cream cheesecake sundae. It is odd of how Alolan Meowth got to Kanto without an explaination, especially for those that only watch the dub, but what can you do. TPCi could add a bonus episode showcasing all the PokéProblem segments into one, but they will never do that, because it's not necessary, and a waste of time and money.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Meowth, it's damned ice cream. Stop being a sissy.

Hear me out, everyone. I know this is extremely illogical and surely pointless to mention in regards to Rowlet being kidnapped, but...couldn't they just, you know...wake Rowlet up to let him know he's being kidnapped, or, you know...have Ash just call him back to his Poke Ball? I know, crazy answers, but they just seemed like something logical any normal person would do.

Okay, enough joking around. Why not do either of those solutions instead of somehow not being able to catch up with freaking Meowth?! Are Pikachu and Lycanroc suddenly that slow or what?

Okay, a Meowth using Thunderbolt. What a horrible flashback reminder.

Mimikyu is never going to let TR ever catch Pikachu. They are more doomed than before.

I'm surprised something like that Alolan Meowth stealing Meowth's savings to buy a plane ticket to Kanto (and even more surprised they let a Pokemon without a trainer ride a plane, even) had to be secluded in a post-episode section Western audiences don't even get. That's like excluding some plot points.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Soaring Pikachu said:
Wait, the dark Meowth planned everything? That is some scary level smarts. First a Persian gets close to the Boss and now this. Feelsbad to be Meowth..

I felt bad for the Rocket-dan trio's Nyasu, but at the same time I really enjoy this running gag that the anime has when it comes to Nyasu's bad luck involving members of his own evolutionary line. First he developed a rivalry with Sakaki's Persian, then he got dumped by Madonnya, and now an Alolan Nyasu got the better of him.

DatsRight

I felt bad for the Rocket-dan trio's Nyasu, but at the same time I really enjoy this running gag that the anime has when it comes to Nyasu's bad luck involving members of his own evolutionary line. First he developed a rivalry with Sakaki's Persian, then he got dumped by Madonnya, and now an Alolan Nyasu got the better of him.

Alola hasn't really been a lucky region for poor Meowth. Since Mimikyu won't obey Jessie, she's made him fight (aka. take one sided beatings) more often than usual (most often against one of the twerp's Pokemon that seems to recurrently evolve solely to crush his nads into dust), he's been used as a patsy by his Alolan counterpart, and he's had his heart broken AGAIN. Adding to it the Z Moves, one high use of battle power he could have been compatible with and some potential redeemer for him, he never got the neccessary crystal for.

He does get a little revenge on Alolan Meowth later on at least.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'm glad that Matori got to keep the Alolan Meowth and not Giovanni. Giovanni doesn't appear enough to warrant that, so at least Matori owning it meant that we would see it more often.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
I'm glad that Matori got to keep the Alolan Meowth and not Giovanni. Giovanni doesn't appear enough to warrant that, so at least Matori owning it meant that we would see it more often.

And since Sakaki has a Persian already, it would've felt a bit redundant for him to own a Nyasu, too. Frankly, I'm surprised that it took this long for Matori to get her own Pokemon since she had been in the anime since the end of the DP saga.