• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dark Meowth is Alolan Meowth!? (1005)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Dark Meowth is Alolan Meowth!?

After his ice cream gets eaten by Jessie, Meowth storms off in tears and meets an Alolan Meowth. Jessie & James start to think that Alolan Meowth would be a better fit for their group, and start hatching plans to get Pikachu with it. However, Meowth refuses to give up his position in Team Rocket so plans to get Alolan Meowth out of the group, but it seems the Alolan Meowth has plans of its own...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Oh, one more thing. It was nice seeing different types of Pokeball in an episode (i was only able to notice 'Dusk Ball' though, which James was polishing).

Edit: Found a pic, which shows 'Premier Ball', 'Heal Ball', 'Quick Ball', 'Great Ball' and 'Ultra Ball' as well.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Still better than what I first expected. It wasn't entirely focused on Team Rocket and at least Ash and his friends got quite a bit of spotlight with a bit of battling against Kiawe with Litten and Lycanroc and Rowlet at least doing something, which was finding Ash's Pikachu. It was good to see Ash use Gigavolt Havoc against Team Rocket and blast them off but get 'rescued' by Bewear mid air and at least Alolan Meowth went over to Team Rocket HQ and joined Matori. Meowth seeing Mimikyu's true form once again was nice too.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Nice to see Oranguru and Shiinotic again. Alola sure handles their Pokemon of the Week formula well, as in, they still get to reappear long after their focus episodes.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Meowth going through TR's files made it seem like a policeman, also it seemed way too intelligent for a wild Mon, made me think it might belong to Nanu after all. Maybe it joining Giovanni is a large scale infiltration, a set up for a future international police VS Rocket arc.

That would be cool imo. I already suspect it might belong to someone since I don't think that a stray Meowth can learn Thunderbolt by its own.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, this filler episode was better than I expected. The Alolan Meowth sort of reminded me of Tyson's Meowth since it knew Thunderbolt lol. But anyway it's interactions with TR's Meowth were pretty interesting. And it was nice that Ash's and co. got decent screentime in this episode as well(which probably saved this from being a boring filler). And Alolan Meowth ultimately ending up with Giovanni sort of defied logic, but still....

Anyway, overall I'll give this episode 6/10.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
See Team Rocket episodes are the best ones for a reason, zero forced comedy.
It was freaking hilarious when Alola Meowth killed Meowth. And Kiawe proves once again why he's the best classmate, he's funny and not in the cringy 'funny' way like Lana is. Turtonator coming out in that tiny hole then his shell exploding after Ash stepped on it was too funny.
This was WAY better than the last few episodes, the ending sold it. I was disappointed Meowth didn't end up turning out to be a Team Skull spy or end up as the female Skull grunt's Pokemon, but seeing it end up with Giovanni's secretary was pretty nice. I hope we see it again, even though I never cared much for Matori. Her having Alola Meowth might change that.

And James' pokeball collection was FINALLY brought back up. Still hoping he catches a Cutiefly or Minior in one of those, he's the only OS character to not have caught a Pokemon in a special ball yet. As was Darknium Z... I pray it becomes relevant once Nanu enters the picture.

First Meowth episode since BW too. <3

And more Litten training helps too. I hope they don't suddenly just drop it after next episode. It's nice seeing somebody apart from Pikachu get onscreen training, especially with how few of that we get this series.
10/10 - Now, bring back Team Skull pls. Or Butch/Cassidy

nickdt

I hope James catches Minior with a Quick Ball before it explodes.

And jeesz... i wish they stopped with that Bewear gag. Its getting old and boring really fast.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This episode was better than SM038 and SM058, but still wasn't that good imo.

I still find the whole reason of Meowth running away from the base because Jessie ate his ice cream to be super lame. Anyway, I liked that they showed James's PokeBall collection. However, how stupid are Jessie and James to not realise that it wasn't the real Meowth serving them drinks and all. He can't even speak.

It was good to see TRio finally learning that they need a Z Ring as well to perform Z Moves. Also, Alolan Meowth was fairly funny, even if it was a giant a**hole.

I didn't like seeing Mimikyu being a rogue again. I thought it started obeying Jessie in SM038? Also, another wtf Bewear moment.

And in the end, seriously, how the heck did Alolan Meowth end up with Giovanni and Matori? Looking at J&J's reactions, it seems they themselves didn't know.

Overall, I give this episode 4.5/10. It had some decent moments, especially Alolan Meowth, but that's about it.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
And in the end, seriously, how the heck did Alolan Meowth end up with Giovanni and Matori? Looking at J&J's reactions, it seems they themselves didn't know.

It was shown at the end that A. Meowth broke Meowth's money box, stole his money and bought an airline ticket for Kanto.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

This episode was ok. Alolan Meowth acted how I assumed it would. My only real gripe s with this episode are that the other classmates (again, except for Kiawe & maybe Sophocles) felt pointless & the Alola Meowth didn't have the most satisfying ending.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It was shown at the end that A. Meowth broke Meowth's money box, stole his money and bought an airline ticket for Kanto.

But since when is a Pokemon that much smart to do all that like a human? TR's Meowth is a different case, so there was nothing surprising if it did that kind of a thing. But that was the Alolan Meowth.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
But since when is a Pokemon that much smart to do all that like a human? TR's Meowth is a different case, so there was nothing surprising if it did that kind of a thing. But that was the Alolan Meowth.

Well we don't know its background but it could belong to Nanu since:
1) his debut is close due to the Ultra Guardian poster,
2) that Meowth already knew the pose for Black Hole Eclipse,
3) it could use Thunderbolt which means that it might have been trained by someone else if it can learn such a move,
4) it was easily able to pinpoint the TR's HQ so it might belong to a policeman.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well we don't know its background but it could belong to Nanu since:
1) his debut is close due to the Ultra Guardian poster,
2) that Meowth already knew the pose for Black Hole Eclipse,
3) it could use Thunderbolt which means that it might have been trained by someone else if it can learn such a move,
4) it was easily able to pinpoint the TR's HQ so it might belong to a policeman.

Well if it belonged to Nanu then I see absolutely no reason why it would leave Alola and travel all the way to Kanto, to TR's headquarters.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Well if it belonged to Nanu then I see absolutely no reason why it would leave Alola and travel all the way to Kanto, to TR's headquarters.

Or Nanu has trained so well that he sent it in an undercover mission. Of course, all this might actually mean nothing at the end and they put a random intelligent A. Meowth in the episode just for the lolz and to showcase the species.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
This episode was admittedly better than I thought it would be. I actually felt a little sorry for Meowth. Not only was Alolan Meowth an outright jerk to him (which I expected), but Jessie and James weren't exactly super nice to him, either. They planned a Pikachu kidnapping attempt without their longtime teammate, and they seemed overall rather dismissive of Meowth. I know that was to set up Meowth's jealousy over Alolan Meowth and fuel his attempts to get rid of it, but it still made me feel a little sorry for Meowth.

Did we ever get an explanation as to how Alolan Meowth was so familiar with Z-Moves? It even knew that a Z-Crystal is required to use Z-Moves. I thought it was going to end up belonging to a Trainer after all, especially since it was against being caught in a Pokéball. But I guess its intentions from the start were to fly to Kanto and join Giovanni and Matori at Team Rocket HQ.

Also, let's add to Bewear's repertoire of Arceus-defying abilities the ability to fly with palm tree leaves.

Some Pokémon are incredibly smart. Clearly, Alolan Meowth is among them. (I don't think Meowth's ability to speak the human language solely accounts for his intelligence.) Aren't cats sort of known for their intelligence? Alolan Meowth was shown to be conniving and clever, so it doesn't surprise me in the least that it stole Meowth's money and bought an airplane ticket to Kanto. What I want to know is what idiot sold a plane ticket to a Pokémon? Unless Alolan Meowth purchased its ticket online; it was shown capable of using a computer, after all.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So it got to TRHQ and is acting quite suspicious there for a random wild Meowth. Maybe my "it secretly belongs to Nanu" theory will come true after all. I'm starting to wonder if they really will adapt the Rainbow Rocket episode into the anime.