• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Daycare Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaori

~Specialized~
Well I have been playing through my Pearl game recently, and I've been wondering. Don't you think it would be cool to have your pokemon be seen outside of the Daycare where the Bunearys and them are? I think it would be a fascinating add, but then again it would be pretty awkward to see pokemon like Cresselia, Darkrai, etc. out there.

So my question is, what do you guys think of this idea?

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
I think that idea, since Platinum cannot be changed anymore, will perhaps be used in HG/SS as G/S also let you see your Pokes and even interact with it.

Luxraymaster

On the road to Johto
yeah that would be awesome and with all the new overworld sprites they use for the daycare center they could also use for a new place like amity square

serebiifreak

...BRING IT!!!
It would be cool, but they don't have a sprite for every pokemon. Plus the Giratina sprite is like massive, so seeing that in the daycare would be strange.

I personally think you should be allowed to have your pokemon follow you, like in Yellow. Except if a Wailord or a Groudon was following you. XD

TrainerCasey

~Johto Fanatic~
Maybe if its like Amity Square it would be easier.
The problem they have today with sprites in the day care is that their was like 6 sprites total in G/S determined by body. So thats the big problem for todays games. =\
It would be great to actually go into the daycare and talk to your pokemon like in G/S.

The problem they have today with sprites in the day care is that their was like 6 sprites total in G/S determined by body. So thats the big problem for todays games. =\
Lets see.....493 pokemon x 8 spries = 3844 sprites + Castrofm/Giratina/Arceus/Shaymins/Burmy/Wormadam's different forms s that would be around 4000 extra sprites. 8000 if they include shinys. Thats is alot.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
It would be good, but maybe only for Pokémon upto 5 feet?

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
It would be kind of awkward seeing an arceus playing with buneary.... or a celebi, which would probably travel freely through time if it did not have trainer supervision. a Wailord would be pretty freaky. Or a kyogre. OMG lol imagine if you put in Dialga and Palkia and they started battling! xD!!!

Cruisercard

Good news: In Gold and Silver you could see the overworld sprites in the Daycare. Guess what games are being remade? They probably won't make special sprites like when you see a Pokemon in the overworld but the ones from when you look at the PKMN from the PC.

Last edited:

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
I think it would be cool to see ur pokemon in the field

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
I also think it would be awsume to see ur pokemon mating out in the open

Tenilius

If they put those in HG/SS they could just use the overworld sprites they use for Pokémon following you, out of their Pokéball.

Madness

I has a hat
The idea is rather nice. I'd enjoy to see my Pokemon playing around with the other Pokemon in there, I suppose. Nice, small addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.