• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey guys, this thread is to discuss all things DC, from Super Man 2 to the Arrow, and everything in between.

There's a lot of great things happening with DC so I thought we should have a place to discuss it all.

As always guys, make sure to follow the rules and be respectful of each other.

Enjoy!!

phanpycross

God-king
The flash pilot was really fun, even if they talked in trailer-speak, and most of the characters were either oblivious, or D-bags (flash was the only really nice guy I can think of).

I started reading gotham academy, Fun comic, feels like a blend of nancy drew, and harry potter.

the justice league comic is still good, and Lex luther is now a member, which is a nice change for the character.

shadowF

so this happened....http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56322
basically for whoever dosent want to go to the link it says:The full descriptions of films, via press release from Warner Bros., is below.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
“Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

“The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
“Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
“Shazam” (2019)
“Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
“Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
“Green Lantern” (2020)
so what do you guys think?

Tyrantrum

Yeah that was a pretty big reveal today. Honestly not so sure about doing suicide squad as the second film. I like that they are doing a wonder woman solo and have the courage to bring Green lantern back. Hopefully it can be done right this time.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The Flash is showing promise and seems to have a lot in store very early on. There are some very important players showing up by episode 5.
A few minor things were used already like the prototype Cosmic Treadmill and the Flash's speed talking.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I knew it wasn't Komodo who killed Sara lol, way to easy. The writers said it's gonna be a season long ark to find her killer.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Erza Miller as the Flash...Erza Miller of all people...

God help us. God help us all.

I'm not exactly feeling some of the movie scheduling either. Why bring out a Suicide Squad movie straight before Justice League when they could better develop the universe by giving one of the leaguer's their own origin movie? Why are they giving us a Cyborg movie (Or is it just Metal Men)?

What I don't understand is...WB are looking at big name actors like Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling for the Suicide Squad movie...But go with unknowns like Erza Miller and Jason Momoa for Justice League.

Also, does anyone watch Gotham? Watched the first episode and I'm torn on it. The acting is generally really good (Minus Alfred) but the plot just seems a tad weak.

Tyrantrum

I don't know. I have a feeling the big names are for trying to get people to go to the suicide squad movie in the first place. Mainly since they want people to pay money for characters they don't know about...but don't have the confidence Marvel did with Guardians of the Galaxy. Also they know people will go to see a Flash movie no matter what though.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So if Komodo didn't kill Sara in Arrow I wonder who did?

As far as the movies news goes, I was really hoping Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Grant Gustin (Flash) would be in the Justice League movie. What a bummer that they won't be.....

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
So if Komodo didn't kill Sara in Arrow I wonder who did?

As far as the movies news goes, I was really hoping Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Grant Gustin (Flash) would be in the Justice League movie. What a bummer that they won't be.....
They said from the start they don't wanna mix the TV and Movie Universes.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
They said from the start they don't wanna mix the TV and Movie Universes.

It's kind of a bummer. Then again, what if the DC movies that are planned to come out completely suck? If the movies end up being a big blunder, maybe it's a good thing that the shows wont tie in with the movies. The shows are really good. In my opinion anyways. I would really hate to see shows like Arrow go down the drain because they decided to cross over with DC movies like Justice League.

I'm not saying the DC movies will suck, but there's always that possibility. I hope Justice League doesn't suck! Hopefully it will be fantastic!

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Ooh, DC thread. Guess I oughta throw some stuff out really quick. Tried watching Arrow, and I just didn't like it, but I am hoping The Flash is more enjoyable (Haven't had a chance to watch it yet though). Saw the first three episodes of Gotham and it seems very meh to me, might keep watching but I doubt I'll lose too much by skipping out. Teen Titans Go! sucks, and I'm only mentioning it to cover all current DC TV shows. Sorta related, I find the "No fantastical powers" idea some adaptations use to be a bad idea and it can really kill a comic adaptation for me.

Watched Batman Begins for the first time a couple hours ago. A really good movie, although the scene where Batman tells Ra's al Ghul "I won't kill you, but that doesn't mean I have to save you" and then actually leaves him to die almost killed it for me.

Looking forward to most of the announced movies (Why must we wait until 2018 for Aquaman and 2019 for Shazam?! Aquaman is my number one favorite hero and Shazam is third). Keyword "most", I've never been a fan of the Suicide Squad. Amanda Waller is one of my least favorite DC characters and the series has never really impressed me (The New 52 version is probably my least favorite, but that doesn't mean I liked the older ones.)

Due to the general difficulty in getting comics where I live (It's pretty much hoping to luck out on yard sales, ordering it online, or going a couple cities over to the nearest Books-a-Million (And maybe Barns and Noble, I have no idea if they have a section with comics but the closest one of those is still a good bit away)) I only own one physical comic (New 52 Aquaman Vol 1). I hope to increase that though. Online copies are nice and all, but nothing can beat nice paper pages.

Ilikepiex7

Erza Miller as the Flash...Erza Miller of all people...

God help us. God help us all.

I'm not exactly feeling some of the movie scheduling either. Why bring out a Suicide Squad movie straight before Justice League when they could better develop the universe by giving one of the leaguer's their own origin movie? Why are they giving us a Cyborg movie (Or is it just Metal Men)?

What I don't understand is...WB are looking at big name actors like Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling for the Suicide Squad movie...But go with unknowns like Erza Miller and Jason Momoa for Justice League.

Also, does anyone watch Gotham? Watched the first episode and I'm torn on it. The acting is generally really good (Minus Alfred) but the plot just seems a tad weak.

Cyborg is because he is now a founding Justice League member in the new 52

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Cyborg is because he is now a founding Justice League member in the new 52

True, but Cyborg as an individual hero doesn't actually have any villains. Moreso, even in the new 52, he doesn't even has his own series yet. Given all the talk about the Metal Men movie a while back, and since some people are under the impression Scoot McNairy is playing the Metal Men's creator William Magnus in Dawn of Justice, I'm starting to get the impression WB will sell the Metal Men movie as a Cyborg one to draw in more people since it's a fairly unknown team (Recently as well, Cyborg began to act as a leader of the new Metal Men during Forever Evil)

So one day later and my thoughts on the Justice League castings;

Ben Affleck as Batman is genius, and I have high hopes for him
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman initially worried me, but now that she's bulked up I'm very hopeful
Ray Fisher as Cyborg is a risky casting, but actors who just come out of theatre transition really well on the big screen
Jason Momoa as Aquaman is genius too, dye his hair blonde and he'll finally end all the prejudices about the character
Ezra Miller as Flash...I just don't see it. Barry or Wally, I don't see him as either, and he hasn't really done that much as an actor, so this is the only one I don't like

Also today, an extra on the set of Dawn of Justice has broken confidentiality and has leaked that we will have Carrie Kelly as Robin in Dawn of Justice (The female Robin from Dark Knight Returns), and Jena Malone will play her. I want Carrie Kelly in the movie, but Malone is a bit too old. I was hoping for someone younger like Chloe Moretz.

Due to the general difficulty in getting comics where I live (It's pretty much hoping to luck out on yard sales, ordering it online, or going a couple cities over to the nearest Books-a-Million (And maybe Barns and Noble, I have no idea if they have a section with comics but the closest one of those is still a good bit away)) I only own one physical comic (New 52 Aquaman Vol 1). I hope to increase that though. Online copies are nice and all, but nothing can beat nice paper pages.

If you ever want any recommendations or reviews on some of the new 52 storylines, message me whenever and I'll help you out. The new books are pretty pricey but I've read a couple, and I'll tell you my honest assessments of the stories and whether they're worth buying. There are also some people on youtube who do videos on each page of the stories. I remember one guy doing the entire story of Justice League Beyond on youtube; ah it was awesome.

Last edited:

shadowF

True, but Cyborg as an individual hero doesn't actually have any villains. Moreso, even in the new 52, he doesn't even has his own series yet. Given all the talk about the Metal Men movie a while back, and since some people are under the impression Scoot McNairy is playing the Metal Men's creator William Magnus in Dawn of Justice, I'm starting to get the impression WB will sell the Metal Men movie as a Cyborg one to draw in more people since it's a fairly unknown team (Recently as well, Cyborg began to act as a leader of the new Metal Men during Forever Evil)

So one day later and my thoughts on the Justice League castings;

Ben Affleck as Batman is genius, and I have high hopes for him
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman initially worried me, but now that she's bulked up I'm very hopeful
Ray Fisher as Cyborg is a risky casting, but actors who just come out of theatre transition really well on the big screen
Jason Momoa as Aquaman is genius too, dye his hair blonde and he'll finally end all the prejudices about the character
Ezra Miller as Flash...I just don't see it. Barry or Wally, I don't see him as either, and he hasn't really done that much as an actor, so this is the only one I don't like

Also today, an extra on the set of Dawn of Justice has broken confidentiality and has leaked that we will have Carrie Kelly as Robin in Dawn of Justice (The female Robin from Dark Knight Returns), and Jena Malone will play her. I want Carrie Kelly in the movie, but Malone is a bit too old. I was hoping for someone younger like Chloe Moretz.

If you ever want any recommendations or reviews on some of the new 52 storylines, message me whenever and I'll help you out. The new books are pretty pricey but I've read a couple, and I'll tell you my honest assessments of the stories and whether they're worth buying. There are also some people on youtube who do videos on each page of the stories. I remember one guy doing the entire story of Justice League Beyond on youtube; ah it was awesome.

well Jena Malone is confirmed to be in batman vs superman http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124172 and yeah it is most likely going to be Carrie Kelly. Kinda wanted Dick Grayson as kid robin or Tim Drake or maybe even Damian, But Jena Malone seems talented so I wonder how they will introduce robin in this film.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
well Jena Malone is confirmed to be in batman vs superman http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124172 and yeah it is most likely going to be Carrie Kelly. Kinda wanted Dick Grayson as kid robin or Tim Drake or maybe even Damian, But Jena Malone seems talented so I wonder how they will introduce robin in this film.

By the time of DoJ, if they are going with Dark Knight Returns Batman, Dick Grayson will have already been Nightwing, Barbara Gordon would have been Oracle and Tim Drake probably would have left. But, they are also going with the new 52, so I suppose anything could happen.

I think though in the next Batman movie (Which won't be until 2019 at the earliest, daaaaaaaaaamn), Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon will return to give Bruce hell for returning to the cowl, Carrie Kelly will be in the movie too as Robin, and I have a hunch they'll introduce someone else too. Either go with the Under the Hood storyline with Jason Todd, or they'll go with the introduction of Damian Wayne storyline.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That scenes with Barry and Caitlin bonding were so cute :). And I always get so sad during the scenes with Barry and his dad.

shadowF

so who do you guys think should be green lantern in the dc universe films? I want Kyle Rayner because not only would it gives us the first Hispanic superhero but it could lead to a Kyle Rayner vs parallax driven Hal Jordan showdown!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So I finally watched the newest episode of the Flash. That was a very interesting ending with Dr. Wells. I just read a theory stating that Dr. Wells could possibly be Reverse Flash. Reverse Flash might have killed Barrys mother.

It's a interesting theory.

CuriousHeartless

so who do you guys think should be green lantern in the dc universe films? I want Kyle Rayner because not only would it gives us the first Hispanic superhero but it could lead to a Kyle Rayner vs parallax driven Hal Jordan showdown!

I was thinking this same thing. I know Hal Jordan is in the upcoming animated Aquaman movie, so I'm assuming he will be in the DC movies. But there is a chance that a different GL will be the focus of the movie. Alan Scott is unlikely because he works differently from the other GLs. Simon Baz is unlikely because he is only in New 52 and the movies will probably try and target general audiences who would be more familiar with pre-reboot DC (He also has a pretty crappy costume that would have a hard time looking anything but silly in live-action). Normally I'd feel like they'd go with Hal, but his last movie bombed and he'll probably already have focus in the Justice League movie. He's an interesting character, but I'm not sure Guy Gardner could carry a movie on his own.

That leaves Kyle Rayner and John Stewart. I'd picture more Kyle Rayner since it would still be early on, but am fine with either. Heck, I'd be fine with any of the GLs really.