• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I watched the new episode of Arrow tonight it was pretty awesome! I watched the promo for the next episode, and holy smokes I can't wait! Ras Al Ghul will finally be making his appearance!

CuriousHeartless

Got caught up to episode 4 in Gotham. This show is still incredibly meh.

I had hopes for Fish Mooney but now she pretty much just screams 'EVIL SEDUCTIVE EVIL CORRUPTION STARSCREAM'. Pretty much every scene she's been in has been an unimpressive generic bit of evil after episode 1.

On the other hand, I really like this version of Oswald.

Also, am I the only one who dislikes this version of Renee Montoya? Ages are always hard to pin down in comics, but Renee usually looks a bit younger than Bruce to me and even if that's wrong there is no way she's around twenty years older than him. The fact she was aged up so much kind of feels like she was included mainly for drama and so they could have two minorities checked off with one character. Normally I don't feel that way about Montoya and I like to give benefit of the doubt, but looking past those implications, she just isn't interesting. She is supposed to be the uncorrupt one, but she does stuff like break into Barbara's apartment (The fact she kept the key after they broke up is bad enough) and try to ruin her relationship with Jim. Then, there are still the unfortunate implications that a normally straight woman was made bisexual simply so she could've had a broken-up, drug-filled relationship with a woman and is now living a happy life with a man (Okay, that bit is more about Barbara than Renee, but I still don't like it and the fact still stands that Renee's main relationship was full of drugs and she is doing illegal things to get close to her ex).

And less so, but I don't like what they are doing with Edward Nygma. They played with his running gag in is first appearance before it ever got played straight and then he's been mostly pushed to the sides. Really a lot of the characters don't impress me.

Frankly, I'm not sure I've found much that I do like past Oswald, but none of the stuff is really bad enough to push this show into crap for me.

CuriousHeartless

Ooh, new announcements. And they're numbered, which I like.

1. That sounds epic.
2. At first I was like 'Eh, never heard of this'. But then I reached 'Teen Titans Go!'. Yeah, not for me.
3. Evil girl scouts? Sounds pretty interesting.
4. I love Homeward Bound so I hope this turns out good just from the summary.
5. 'Darker versions'. I'm not sure I explained this here before, but I'll keep it simple. If anything is justified or described simply by 'darker', 'edgier', or any of those other faux-mature keywords it really annoys me. And besides, most of the important character have already been shown in plenty deep and dark lights, even the Big Blue Boyscout himself. I'm not sure why we need anything darker at this point.
6. Sounds interesting. 'Over the course of one night'? I feel like that may keep this to one season or however these things are set up, which may be a bit sad if this turns out good.
7. Not familiar with Veronica Mars.
8. What?
9. Every couple words made me go 'What? That's awesome'. Looking forward to this. And hey, maybe Richie can actually be gay here and not just have the creator say he is.
10. Mortal Kombat? No more details needed, this sounds awesome (As long as it doesn't turn out like the second movie).

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I used to watch Batman the Brave and the Bold but I didn't like the design at all. Batman used to be so good back in the days.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well I still believe Malcolm killed Sara but it looks like **** is gonna go seriously down in the coming episodes.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Arrow was incredible tonight! I loved every minute of Katrina Law being on the show, I think she plays a great Nyssa Al Ghul! Also, what's not to like about John Barrowman? I love it when he's on the show playing Malcom Merlyn. Malcolm seemed really sincere when he said he didn't kill Sara, but he could be lieing. I like it how we finally saw Ras Al Ghul at the end of the episode.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Just watched Episode 6 of Gotham. Probably one of the better ones so far, but still some problems. Seriously, are they actually trying to say that Batman was inspired by some Goat man, really? I am a little out of date, but I thought Batman was mixture of Zorro (Bruce's childhood hero and Bob Kane admitted he was an inspiration) and bats (Bruce's biggest fear).

And is it really necessary to shoehorn in Bruce, Alfred, and Selina into every episode. Especially since Ivy, the only one they cared enough and were stupid enough to rename, hasn't appeared since her first episode (I think. She might've appeared since then, but if she didn't it wasn't memorable) and Mooney wasn't in episode 5 so it's obvious they don't think every plot thread has to be in every last episode.

I also really dislike how they show The Riddler. I liked the idea of him being a member of the GCPD, but it just feels wasted. And what is the point of his 'running gag' with the riddles? The first time they appeared they were played with and subverted immediately. And in the newest episode he uses a third-grade riddle and messes it up! How do you screw up the classic Chicken, Fox, Bag of Beans (Or whatever vegetable you use, I've seen quite a few used in different variants) Riddle? He gave a solution where the farmer took two things with him in the boat, which gets rid of the riddle aspect because it's just: Take over Fox and Beans, drop them off, go back and grab the chicken. Admittedly the correct riddle isn't complicated (Which raises the question of why he is even using it, you think a riddle addict would've wasted that one the first time they had a conversation with someone) but it still uses some thought and has over twice as many steps (3 for Edward's screwed-up version, 7 for the proper one)

I feel like all I do is complain, but I really don't hate this show. I just don't find most of the good stuff good enough to talk about while the bad stuff really annoys me.

Well, I did find something good to talk about. Not in Gotham, but for DC Shows. I really like The Flash. It is really good so far.

Last edited:

shadowF

After seeing justice league war which was epic by the way, I feel that jon stewart as green lantern wont be good cause his personality is kinda like cyborg which Is already going to be in justice league. I am still hoipng for kyle Rayner so we can have a Hispanic superhero plus they will beat marvel to the punch in that. But if we need hal Jordan then I would go with Bradley cooper or chris pine but more Bradley cooper cause he just gives me that vibe for him.

Ilikepiex7

After seeing justice league war which was epic by the way, I feel that jon stewart as green lantern wont be good cause his personality is kinda like cyborg which Is already going to be in justice league. I am still hoipng for kyle Rayner so we can have a Hispanic superhero plus they will beat marvel to the punch in that. But if we need hal Jordan then I would go with Bradley cooper or chris pine but more Bradley cooper cause he just gives me that vibe for him.

or they could use the Simon Baz Green Lantern who has a Lebanese background

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
So recently Arrow is broadcast in my country and I got to watch the pilot episode, but unfortunately not all of it, but the most. It's not bad, but no good either. The pilot didn't leave me any memorable scenes, aside from renaming Star City as Starling City (which I disliked) and that's that. Hopefully the second episode's entertaining at least.

In terms of movies, Man of Steel was a failure for me, especially with that controversial ending which is a major NO-NO in Superman ethics. It's like they just decided to go with it to finish the movie in an epic scale and that's it. No, that Superman isn't the true Superman. True Superman doesn't kill.

Honestly, DC superhero shows or movies nowadays aren't as good as they once were. The company's last diamonds for me when it comes to live-action shows are Smallville and the Batman trilogy, period. Hopefully the movies and shows become better.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
In terms of movies, Man of Steel was a failure for me, especially with that controversial ending which is a major NO-NO in Superman ethics. It's like they just decided to go with it to finish the movie in an epic scale and that's it. No, that Superman isn't the true Superman. True Superman doesn't kill.

[IMG200]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/46385/2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/125391/2932482-tsup_03_019_copy.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/99801/3289424-superman+dr+light.png[/IMG200]

Superman's also killed in the movies and Smallville spinoff comic too. The scene is much better than in past movies, because it shows Superman's grieving and anguish in the act; it will clearly build up Superman's role of not killing anyone in later movies.

Honestly, DC superhero shows or movies nowadays aren't as good as they once were. The company's last diamonds for me when it comes to live-action shows are Smallville and the Batman trilogy, period. Hopefully the movies and shows become better.

That Batman trilogy was the only line of movies that WB released thematically as a CBM series in the past decade aside from Superman Returns and Green Lantern, which were both failures. But now that WB are finally building a connected DC cinematic universe like Marvel, things will definitely get better. Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad in the next three years should hopefully prove that for you.

Attachments

• 2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg
    2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Teebu

So recently Arrow is broadcast in my country and I got to watch the pilot episode, but unfortunately not all of it, but the most. It's not bad, but no good either. The pilot didn't leave me any memorable scenes, aside from renaming Star City as Starling City (which I disliked) and that's that. Hopefully the second episode's entertaining at least.

Arrow is a pretty average show for the first 10 episodes or so, after that it starts to hit it's stride, season 2 is a far improvement on season 1 too. You can see the lessons they learnt off Arrow when you compare the first few episodes of that with the flash.

speaking of the latter, the flash is really getting good now. I love how they're picking parts from the comics and making them into their own universe that fits in with the show.

Last edited:

shadowF

or they could use the Simon Baz Green Lantern who has a Lebanese background

I would rather it be kyle Rayner for the first film vs hal Jordan(parallax) and then the second film we jon stewart, guy gardner and simon baz as people kyle Rayner recruits.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I would rather it be kyle Rayner for the first film vs hal Jordan(parallax) and then the second film we jon stewart, guy gardner and simon baz as people kyle Rayner recruits.

Personally I want it to either be John Stewart, or Jessica Cruz, the new Power Ring whose joined the Justice League. No doubt she'll have her own arc where she becomes a new Green Lantern, and it'll mean the JL on the big screen isn't one big white sausage fest. More gender and racial diversity, and to cast her, I'd go with Jordana Brewster.

In terms of who I wanted by rank;

John>Jessica>Hal>Kyle>Guy>Simon

If the Rock wasn't playing Black Adam he'd make a great John Stewart. Otherwise I think Omari Hardwick would be good for the role.