• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
[IMG200]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/46385/2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/125391/2932482-tsup_03_019_copy.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/99801/3289424-superman+dr+light.png[/IMG200]

Superman's also killed in the movies and Smallville spinoff comic too. The scene is much better than in past movies, because it shows Superman's grieving and anguish in the act; it will clearly build up Superman's role of not killing anyone in later movies.

That Batman trilogy was the only line of movies that WB released thematically as a CBM series in the past decade aside from Superman Returns and Green Lantern, which were both failures. But now that WB are finally building a connected DC cinematic universe like Marvel, things will definitely get better. Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad in the next three years should hopefully prove that for you.

That ending isn't the only reason I was disappointed of Man of Steel, it was also the choice of villains (Why Zod and not Lex Luthor, especially when the latter's Superman's arch-nemesis). I am really curious to see how they will connect Lex with Superman in Dawn of Justice, and still, has it been announced who's the villain of the movie yet? I heard something about Doomsday...

I am surprised that Suicide Squad is getting a movie, and less that Wonder Woman does. In the case of the latter, heck, about time she finally does. I am still crossing fingers though for how they will turn out.

And for the Smallville spin-off, which comic do you mean? that one released during the series' run or Season 11? I've only read the latter.

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
That ending isn't the only reason I was disappointed of Man of Steel, it was also the choice of villains (Why Zod and not Lex Luthor, especially when the latter's Superman's arch-nemesis). I am really curious to see how they will connect Lex with Superman in Dawn of Justice, and still, has it been announced who's the villain of the movie yet? I heard something about Doomsday...

I am surprised that Suicide Squad is getting a movie, and less that Wonder Woman does. In the case of the latter, heck, about time she finally does. I am still crossing fingers though for how they will turn out.

And for the Smallville spin-off, which comic do you mean? that one released during the series' run or Season 11? I've only read the latter.

They chose Zod because they needed someone who would be linked to Superman's origins - Of those villains there are only really General Zod, Brainiac and Darkseid if you're changing comic canon and having Darkseid destroy Krypton. They chose Zod because they're building up to Brainiac for the JL1 movie and Darkseid is in JL2. Lex will be in Dawn of Justice - The antagonists are Lex and Batman, no Doomsday. In the movie, Lex will have a similar role in the comics where he'll blame Superman for the destruction of Metropolis and be jealous of his power etc. whereas Batman will be drawn into the fight due to Luthor's manipulations as well as Brainiac's manipulation that will be revealed in JL1.

Still, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor scares me; I don't normally look forward to movie specific versions of a CB character that are very different from how they are in the comics, sometimes it works (TDKR Bane) and sometimes it doesn't (GL's Parallax). As for SS, that movie is the only one I'm really looking forward to considering Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie are rumoured to star in the movie, and David Ayer who did Fury this year is directing.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
They chose Zod because they needed someone who would be linked to Superman's origins - Of those villains there are only really General Zod, Brainiac and Darkseid if you're changing comic canon and having Darkseid destroy Krypton. They chose Zod because they're building up to Brainiac for the JL1 movie and Darkseid is in JL2. Lex will be in Dawn of Justice - The antagonists are Lex and Batman, no Doomsday. In the movie, Lex will have a similar role in the comics where he'll blame Superman for the destruction of Metropolis and be jealous of his power etc. whereas Batman will be drawn into the fight due to Luthor's manipulations as well as Brainiac's manipulation that will be revealed in JL1.

Still, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor scares me; I don't normally look forward to movie specific versions of a CB character that are very different from how they are in the comics, sometimes it works (TDKR Bane) and sometimes it doesn't (GL's Parallax). As for SS, that movie is the only one I'm really looking forward to considering Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie are rumoured to star in the movie, and David Ayer who did Fury this year is directing.

Whoa! I had no idea that they were going to link the movies like that. If they do, I will be happy, as long there are epic battle scenes. Also looking forward to Darkseid's movie debut, that part got me curious. Still disappointed that we get no Doomsday though, I want that guy to appear in a movie so bad after seeing how well Smallville handled him.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I enjoyed the newest episode of Gotham that was a pretty good episode in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I'm going to fess to never having watched the Justice League cartoon, but I'll never understand the John Stewart love. In the comics, he's easily the worst of the main Lanterns. He is just bland and not nearly as interesting.

My preference is Kyle, because he was the GL from the era I read the most DC books. He was the most human and the most entertaining.

Hal would be second. Ever since Rebirth, he's become a MUCH better character than he was in his classic run.

I'll go Guy third, I guess. He had some interesting stuff going on. It was neat having a hero who was just so much of a cocky a-hole.

John 4th. The last of the main Lanterns.

I don't know Simon or Jessica because New 52 is terrible, and I won't read it.

Last edited:

Ilikepiex7

Kyle has the most interesting constructs while the other lanterns mostly just make simple stuff like a boxing glove.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow, Arrow was awesome tonight! I'm glad we finally got to watch a Felicity episode. The ending of the episode is crazy.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Roy!!!! WTF DID YOU DO <_<!!!!!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If Roy really did kill Sara it must of been because of the side effects of mirakuru. I still think someone else killed Sara honestly, but who knows.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
If Roy did kill Sara, I'll just laugh. Who knows, maybe *someone* is still giving him mirakubu in concentrated doses, but he doesn't know it (Ra's al Ghul and the Lazarus Pit).

Still think it was the League that killed her, I have a theory that in trying to prove his loyalty to the League again after leaving and going rogue, Malcolm Merlyn killed Sara and set up Ollie for the fall. This would let him and Thea (Cheshire) get back in close with the al Ghuls, where he'll later betray them for whatever purpose (Perhaps he wants immortality for himself or Thea).

My main problem with this season so far is that there isn't a clear antagonist; I want it to either be Ra's al Ghul, the Count or Merlyn. Ra's as a mastermind and Merlyn as the direct antagonist who gets the jump on everyone.

Predictions for the end of the season:

- Laurel will have been engaged in a freak accident similar to the Particle Accelerator with Barry where she'll gain her canary cry, and will be the new Black Canary
- Seeing that she will dedicate herself to being a hero, and that she understands him, Ollie and Laurel will try to make a go of things again
- Detective Lance will die somepoint in the season, further cementing Laurel as a freelance hero with nothing to lose
- Ra's will discover there is a lazarus pit hidden under Starling - which brings him directly there. As he bathes in it, he goes crazier and decides, to rid the city of it's vigilantes and corruption, it needs to be cleansed so he tries to flood the city by blowing up the pit. In the aftermath, the buildings are destroyed and the pit cleanses the soil of the ground, making it more fertile. Queen-Palmer Consolidated refurbish the city as Star City, with more of a forest-feel to it (Just like in the comics)
- Malcolm will be arrested in Ollie's Supermax, or he'll be dead. Thea will go off and try to be her own hitgirl for hire
- Roy and Thea will have already reunited previously, and Thea will be revealed pregnant in the finale with his child
- Ra's will be presumed dead at the end and Nyssa will be the new ruler of the League - more bloodthirsty than ever but with her own new code
- Waller will be set up to become more of an antagonist to the Arrow Family
- Roy will set off to find Thea, and also become his own hero - He falls out with the Arrow family for not being able to trust him after the Mirakubu and whether he'd betray them to the League to be with Thea (Potentially this would set up the Teen Titans show)
- Oliver's long lost son hinted from season 2 will make an appearance as Connor Hawke - He'll be the one to encourage Oliver that he'll always have a reason to still be Oliver Queen and not just the Arrow. Oliver will decide he can't let his precious son be involved in his crusade and so decides that he'll have to take risks with his identity regardless and will be himself. Whilst Olicity have the talk on that at the end and say that the day they become together is approaching, they agree it would be wrong to get together so suddenly and that Laurel needs someone to be with her until she regains herself again.
- Ray Palmer and Oliver will go into business together - they'll own a piece of Queen-Palmer Consolidated. Palmer leaves Star City to manage the new branches in other cities - Cue an appearance on Flash where he will become The Atom

If all that happens in say 21 episodes...This will be a great season of Arrow, like always.

Last edited:

Teebu

Wow that was such an awesome episode of Arrow, getting to delve into the mysterious past of Lady Smoak was amazing, what a fantastically talented actress Emily Bett-Rickards is. The bad guy was so scripted it was painfully obvious yet i still enjoyed it, and to see Felicity's 6 sit ups pay off when she smacked him was beautifully rewarding :D though i think Oliver dodging the 3 motion senor automatic guns was a bit OTT. Roy's look of amazement as he it the RPG with an Arrow was so great to see, really looked like he never expected that to happen ever XD I love his character, in a world of heroism having a rookie around is always great fun :D

The scenes between Mama Smoak and Ray Palmer cracked me up something rotten, Brandon Routh's delivery in those scenes was first class, he's a funny guy for sure. We all wish we had a boss letting people have "sick days" like that :p and diggle carrying the baby around and wanting to take her to the Arrow cave... SO awesome :D

I cant believe that ending with Roy, there's more to it than that, it's never that simple when it comes to Arrow. Ra's al ghul is definitely involved, i just can't put my finger on it!

pretty good episode 8/10. roll on the rest of the season :D

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Wow that was such an awesome episode of Arrow, getting to delve into the mysterious past of Lady Smoak was amazing, what a fantastically talented actress Emily Bett-Rickards is. The bad guy was so scripted it was painfully obvious yet i still enjoyed it, and to see Felicity's 6 sit ups pay off when she smacked him was beautifully rewarding :D
Well actually Sara taught Felicity how to defend herself and she basically used the same maneuver she used on Slade back in Season 2.
Anyone catch the reference?
Death_%28DC_Comics%29.jpg

She also visited the boyfriend in prison just before he "died".
Also about Roy, I'm pretty sure he's just having cognitive dissonance or he was being used somehow without him realizing. Maybe guilt over the cop he killed which will be addressed soon. This is Ra's al Ghul we're dealing with now after all.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The only DC show I've been watching is Flash,

The only movie I have interest in is Lego Batman.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The only DC show I've been watching is Flash,

The only movie I have interest in is Lego Batman.

You should totally give Arrow a shot, it's pretty amazing really.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever

Ugh...

I really do not know what to make of this. I originally suspected they were eyeing Ryan Gosling for the role of Deadshot - But Joker? It's way too soon for the Joker after TDK, especially since the Joker's role is going to be a bit random now in Suicide Squad. Obviously they are using the animated film as inspiration for this movie, that's both good and bad.

It's also being reported on the set of Dawn of Justice that one of Aquaman's Outsider team-mates, Kahina, will make an appearance in Dawn of Justice. There's apparently a tweet of a photo of a small van where the star is residing, with her character's name on the door. Sounds like at this point in the film, Aquaman will have already left Atlantis, met Lois and formed the Outsiders. Hmm...

Zoruagible, you should definitely give Arrow a go, just watch season 2 as it's the best season so far. Season 1 got off to a rough start, and there are a lot of weird fillers in early season 2, but it just gets really intense and amazing once Slade returns. Gotham is also pretty good too, Bullock's and Penguin's actors blow me away.

CuriousHeartless

Just watched Gotham Episode 8 and Flash Episode 5.

Flash is a good show and this was a good episode. Kind of a disappointment that Plastique was killed off in the same episode she premiered in. Although am I the only one annoyed by him being called 'The Blur'. In Arrow, it makes sense for Oliver to be called Hood because he wore a hood and resembled Robin Hood. But with Barry, they could have had people come up with The Flash just as easily as The Blur because he goes by 'in a flash'. Especially since, as far as I can tell, Iris was the one who came up with the moniker in-universe, so if she came up with The Flash and then Barry decided to use that it would be a nice little thing.

Gotham is...decent. I'll probably keep watching until the first season ends. James seems a bit...overly into destroying corruption in Gotham. Yes, it is a good goal, but he doesn't seem to think anything through or try to be intelligent about it. Young Bruce seems a bit (read: very) psychotic and Alfred may deserve a 'Worst Guardian of the Year' award with how he's handling the whole thing. The Selina subplot still seems just a bit forced to be in as many episodes as possible while advancing as slow as possible. It might be me, but they also seem to have no idea how to use Edward so they just keep throwing him in hoping he'll be comedy relief without being funny. Can he just crack and become The Riddler already? Really the only thing I can consistently say I like is Oswald.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yay for Thomas Elliot appearance! Also, Black Mask's father? With Sionis Industries exposed, this could lead to the company's downfall. Maybe Wayne Industries buys it, and you've got Roman hating Bruce like in the comics.

There's no need to rush Batman's villains. Bruce hasn't even left Gotham yet. I'd like a Timeskip later down the line. Maybe on the third or fourth season, have Bruce finally leave, and that's when you finally establish the villains to what they'll eventually become when Batman starts his first year.