• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
The trailer to Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice has been leaked and my word, is it AMAZING. Batfleck is so much more intimidating and epic than Baleman, and I love the themes of religion are being continued in this upcoming movie. Truly, the trailer has me hooked.

CMDShift4

Anonymous
Maybe the outsiders, Justice society, or Doom patrol?

I want a Titans one. Someone needs to give Nightwing a break! He deserves it. I feel that since Roy temporarily left the group, there should be a meeting between Roy and Dick outside Starling City. Kinda like that one episode of Teen Titans.

I just finished watching Arrow and omg Thea.....No no no!

If there's anything to describe Season 3, I think that's related to how deep Oliver Queen's mental and emotional state. I mean man! The guy's really been in trouble and stress lately. Team Arrow doesn't seem to function very well compared to Season 1 and 2. It was a big relief to Oliver on how Roy survive and I think he was about to blow up very soon if Roy didn't reveal himself. Even so, what happened to Thea was really horrible and I think Oliver's gonna be really pissed at hell this time.

The trailer to Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice has been leaked and my word, is it AMAZING. Batfleck is so much more intimidating and epic than Baleman, and I love the themes of religion are being continued in this upcoming movie. Truly, the trailer has me hooked.

I find Affleck much closer to the Bruce Wayne character than Bale's since the beggining. I marked up so much for the suit. Dat grapple rifle tho... My fellow DCCU/DCTVU fans, Warner just released the first teaser trailer for next year's Batman v Superman movie. I'm sure that just like MoS, more trailers are about to come.

[video=youtube;IwfUnkBfdZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4[/video]

CMDShift4

Anonymous

ger9119

Pretty sure it was confirmed that it's not going to be that look for the Joker and it was done to mess with the fans.

BCVM22

Pretty sure it was confirmed that it's not going to be that look for the Joker and it was done to mess with the fans.

No. Nothing has "confirmed" that. The director didn't tweet it out to "mess with the fans." Obviously the Joker isn't going to spend the entire movie shirtless, so the tattoos will be less of a factor, but for better or for worse, that's Jared Leto as the Joker.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No. Nothing has "confirmed" that. The director didn't tweet it out to "mess with the fans." Obviously the Joker isn't going to spend the entire movie shirtless, so the tattoos will be less of a factor, but for better or for worse, that's Jared Leto as the Joker.

Actually I heard rumors on the interwebs from many different sites that Joker might have a different look manly much whiter skin, no grill and scars where the tattoo's were. Not saying it will happen as it's just a rumor but most characters do go through various changes behind the scenes from the first reveal I would imagine.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Stopping you right there.

Well continue to read because DC and the movie boss(or whoever Zack Snyder is) just tweeted that the joker pic could indeed be a troll pic(cuz he's the joker lol). Also while most rumors are random and false, when a lot of different sites pick it up, they usually have some sort of merit to them(for instance his skin being a lot whiter).

BCVM22

Well continue to read because DC and the movie boss(or whoever Zack Snyder is) just tweeted that the joker pic could indeed be a troll pic.

Zack Snyder is not "the movie boss". He tweeted it over a week ago, he did not "just" tweet it. And he did not remotely hint the picture could be "a troll pic", he simply captioned it "cryptic", and since you're one who likes to put inordinate stock in rumors, he's likely referring to those rumors that say the Joker either:

[spoil]cameos in Batman v Superman as having killed Jason Todd in a flashback and/or is in prison at the start of Suicide Squad for that very reason.[/spoil\

Again, to say "oh there's some rumors that say this may not be the REAL Joker", despite the fact that the director of the film himself made it public, is a denial mechanism. It's the same mechanism that causes people to say "I don't like this leaked art of a Pokémon, it's clearly fake for that very reason. See all those pixels?"

Could the design be tweaked slightly? Absolutely. The movie just began principal photography. But again, for better or for worse, that's Jared Leto as the Joker.

BCVM22

Well continue to read because DC and the movie boss(or whoever Zack Snyder is) just tweeted that the joker pic could indeed be a troll pic.

Zack Snyder is not "the movie boss". He tweeted it over a week ago, he did not "just" tweet it. And he did not remotely hint the picture could be "a troll pic", he simply captioned it "cryptic", and since you're one who likes to put inordinate stock in rumors, he's likely referring to those rumors that say the Joker either:

[spoil]cameos in Batman v Superman as having killed Jason Todd in a flashback and/or is in prison at the start of Suicide Squad for that very reason.[/spoil]

Also while most rumors are random and false, when a lot of different sites pick it up, they usually have some sort of merit to them(for instance his skin being a lot whiter).

No, that the various rumor mongering sites all pick up the same piece of fetid meat and try and feed it to their readers does not lend it credence. It means they all heard the same thing from the same "leaked source", just like we did, and are trying to generate page hits.

Again, to say "oh there's some rumors that say this may not be the REAL Joker", despite the fact that the director of the film himself made it public, is a denial mechanism. It's the same mechanism that causes people to say "I don't like this leaked art of a Pokémon, it's clearly fake for that very reason. See all those pixels?"

Could the design be tweaked slightly? Absolutely. The movie just began principal photography. But again, for better or for worse, that's Jared Leto as the Joker.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

[spoil]cameos in Batman v Superman as having killed Jason Todd in a flashback and/or is in prison at the start of Suicide Squad for that very reason.[/spoil]

No, that the various rumor mongering sites all pick up the same piece of fetid meat and try and feed it to their readers does not lend it credence. It means they all heard the same thing from the same "leaked source", just like we did, and are trying to generate page hits.

You don't know what he was referring to though, he could be referring to the joker pic.

DC comics was the one who said the picture could be a troll pic. Again, not saying it's confirmed or anything, just saying things can change.

Also I didn't even say the pic was bad. The only thing that kind of threw me off were the teeth but that's small.

Besides, isn't Joker's whole thing his white face and make up?? I feel like they would probably add that. Plus apparently Jared's been seen on set sans tattoos.

BCVM22

Besides, isn't Joker's whole thing his white face and make up?? I feel like they would probably add that.

His face is white. Not sure what you feel they would change in that regard. Whether it's "make up" or whether the character's skin was bleached that way changes with the adaptation or version.

Plus apparently Jared's been seen on set sans tattoos.

Before or after shooting, where the tattoo makeup wouldn't be on.

You're taking the little things and attempting to put too much stock in them against a much simpler and more logical big picture.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
His face is white. Not sure what you feel they would change in that regard. Whether it's "make up" or whether the character's skin was bleached that way changes with the adaptation or version.

Before or after shooting, where the tattoo makeup wouldn't be on.

You're taking the little things and attempting to put too much stock in them against a much simpler and more logical big picture.

Not really, it's pretty much a little bit lighter then Jared's natural skin tone. Joker usually has on REALLY white make up.

While they usually take some creative liberties between adaptations, there are certain aspects of a character they never really mess with.

Also the photo's on set were looking at shot footage where he clearly has no face tattoo's and much whiter face make up.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
What a week for DC movie news;

+ Jared Leto's Joker has been unveiled and I like it to an extent. The tattoos on his body are good because they reflect part of his character's history, such as the Robin on the right arm, but the 'Damaged' on his forehead is just frustrating. Joker is not one to proclaim he is simply damaged in a gothic way - he embraces his insanity and believes everyone else are crazy in their own way not to act like Joker. Saying he is damaged is an admittance that insanity is an unwanted mental illness and isn't as 'good' as a human compared to others.
+ Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman has been unveiled in promo art to have a blue and yellow cape, which looks great
+ Lot of new castings in Suicide Squad. Black Manta, Killer Croc, Deathstroke and Jason Todd all rumoured to be joining this movie too, and also Batfleck, with Affleck himself caught hiding on set

- But the bad news is that WB are apparently having issues with the directors who want to do their own thing and no parameters have really been set in establishing a shared universe. They do not have an executive producer spearheading the franchise and tying everything together, like Marvel's Kevin Feige. This will be problematic in the long run.

shadowF

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
+ Deadshot actually looks like the comic character, but I was personally hoping for the Assault on Arkham version
+ Katana revealed and man does she look good
+ Kinnaman's Rick Flag Jr. looks all business and badass
+ Killer Croc looks scary and realistic, and I like the nice touch of having alligator skinned clothing
+ Slipknot looks cool, for all the five minutes he's going to get in this movie

- Harley Quinn looks god awful and nothing like the real Harley. I know the traditional jumpsuit is a pipedream but I would've liked something similar to the Arkham City's costume or her new 52 outfit. Can you imagine Margot Robbie dressed in that tight new 52 outfit? Yowza.
- Captain Boomerang looks awful and nothing like the real character either. Really disappointed that WB have messed up his character yet again
- El Diablo just looks odd in that jock-jacket
- Scott Eastwood is just playing a generic military goon, not Steve Trevor or Hal Jordan or anybody. Shame because he's a really good actor.

And I'm not too miffed on Enchantress. All in all, a few nice surprises and I'm generally happy with the Squad as a whole, but I just wish Harley and Boomer looked better, and Deadshot was sporting a black mask.

And for Enchantress...I'm not really that bothered by her costume.

phanpycross

God-king
I think Killer croc should have been bigger in all honesty, if this is supposed to be a fantastical version of the DC universe, I dont think having him be even bigger would hurt.

Would it have killed them to actually give Captain boomerang some, I dunno, boomerangs?

I wonder who scott eastwood is playing, most likely Mr. fodder.