• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think Thea Queen should move to The Flash and become Barry's new love interest (it would be very interesting to see Barry and Oliver become brothers-in-law).

Oh come on, Iris isn't actually dead lol. You can't have Barry Allen without her and even if they did kill her, some other version of her would be on soon enough just like they did on Arrow.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I remember in the comics Iris was killed by the Reverse Flash, her parents from the future(yes, really) saved her by transferring her consciousness to a copy body. They could save her with that

BCVM22

Zack Snyder will step away from Justice League for the remainder of post-production due to the tragic death of his daughter. He'll be replaced by Joss Whedon, who will oversee the remainder of post-production, including previously scheduled reshoots.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/justice-league-zack-snyder-daughter-dead-joss-whedon-1202440505/

I remember in the comics Iris was killed by the Reverse Flash, her parents from the future(yes, really) saved her by transferring her consciousness to a copy body. They could save her with that

As deeply as these shows have delved into the more comic book-y material as they've come along, that's probably still a bit beyond where the show's at right now.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
But why would they do that?

Because it's the CW. Everyone's going to end up with someone. Heck they created the multiverse so that Cisco could get some action a season later.

Sad to hear about Autumn Snyder. Thoughts are with her family.

Don't mean to say Autumn's unfortunate death is a good thing...but Joss Whedon overlooking the rest of the film could be good for Justice League as a movie. He might be able to see errors that Snyder made and correct them before the film is released.

OH and to the person that was checking out Doctor Who because of John Barrowmen, if you're into a more mature setting, it's spin-off, Torchwood, is very good.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Because it's the CW. Everyone's going to end up with someone. Heck they created the multiverse so that Cisco could get some action a season later.

Which still doesn't answer the question of "why would they do that?" There's no character motivation, no chemistry to it. It's a fanfiction suggestion, basically.

Don't mean to say Autumn's unfortunate death is a good thing...but Joss Whedon overlooking the rest of the film could be good for Justice League as a movie.

It's happening because Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide. There isn't a "but" here in any decent fashion. I might suggest we not.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Sucks about Snyder's loss. Say what you will about the guy and his vision regarding the DC Universe, it's still painful to lose someone. Especially via suicide.

I wonder if this will effect filming for Justice League. Well, I heard there are reshoots. Here's hoping everything goes well. Condolences to the family.

Meanwhile on the DC TV side of things, I am enjoying Flash and Supergirl. I still find it funny Superman was done right on Supergirl.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Which still doesn't answer the question of "why would they do that?" There's no character motivation, no chemistry to it. It's a fanfiction suggestion, basically.

Same could be said of Oliver and Felicity, Donna and Quentin, Joe and whoever he's with, HR and Tracy, even Barry and Iris to an extent and James and Kara back in S1 Supergirl. Even the Hawk duo in LoT S1 before they left and Kiara and Ray.

So many relationships. None of them are great.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
:) :) :) :) :) Flash :) :) :) :) :)

[spoil]Christ that Flash finale was f***ing dreadful. I am not happy at all. We've got Barry being extremely chill about saying goodbye and just letting people die. Good for you. No, just let all these people around you die while you're smiling away, especially while your friends, family and fiance grieve over losing you. Nah it's cool, these people don't matter to a hero.

The Savitar fight too...that was so underwhelming. Basically cameo Black Flash to kill him off. Jay and Wally show up to chase and then...do nothing. Iris shows up out of thin air to save the day. They could have made that scene better by just having Savitar disappear as he gets close to Barry instead of disintegrating him after the threat has disappeared. Gypsy too, apparently you're connected with Cisco so can pluck him out wherever? Huh? Caitlin also appears to be fine without the cure so, meh. She's still cool (no pun intended).

Also HR and Iris...man I wish they could have just Iris. No, lets get rid of HR because reasons. It was pretty obvious since they reminded you of the face changer before this episode. Although why Savitar didn't just run down Iris before the switch (possible) we'll never know - KF has shown nothing to suggest she could do it. Furthermore, why does HR switching now prevent Savitar from being born if he kills Iris? Does it not have the same end result, just with collateral? Why did Savitar not immediately know Iris was still alive? Also, now that Iris is safe, let's help the dude?! At least Cisco had something up his sleeve! Tracy as well, no he did not take away your future, your life does not revolve around HR! Furthermore, laughing after the funeral? Did you even care about HR?! Every single one of them is a d***/b**** as far as I'm concerned and yes, it was Barry and Iris who were laughing but quite frankly it feels like not a single one cared much for HR throughout the season until he died.

Only good parts were Blake Neeley's score. Even then that wasn't enough to salvage this mess. I really wish they had brought in Savitar earlier. Why does he have the scar? Why did the time travel rules apply less to him? What does the 'philosophers stone' actually do? So many unanswered questions.

What a disappointing end to a what was already a bad season.[/spoil]

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
:) :) :) :) :) Flash :) :) :) :) :)

[spoil]Christ that Flash finale was f***ing dreadful. I am not happy at all. We've got Barry being extremely chill about saying goodbye and just letting people die. Good for you. No, just let all these people around you die while you're smiling away, especially while your friends, family and fiance grieve over losing you. Nah it's cool, these people don't matter to a hero.

The Savitar fight too...that was so underwhelming. Basically cameo Black Flash to kill him off. Jay and Wally show up to chase and then...do nothing. Iris shows up out of thin air to save the day. They could have made that scene better by just having Savitar disappear as he gets close to Barry instead of disintegrating him after the threat has disappeared. Gypsy too, apparently you're connected with Cisco so can pluck him out wherever? Huh? Caitlin also appears to be fine without the cure so, meh. She's still cool (no pun intended).

Also HR and Iris...man I wish they could have just Iris. No, lets get rid of HR because reasons. It was pretty obvious since they reminded you of the face changer before this episode. Although why Savitar didn't just run down Iris before the switch (possible) we'll never know - KF has shown nothing to suggest she could do it. Furthermore, why does HR switching now prevent Savitar from being born if he kills Iris? Does it not have the same end result, just with collateral? Why did Savitar not immediately know Iris was still alive? Also, now that Iris is safe, let's help the dude?! At least Cisco had something up his sleeve! Tracy as well, no he did not take away your future, your life does not revolve around HR! Furthermore, laughing after the funeral? Did you even care about HR?! Every single one of them is a d***/b**** as far as I'm concerned and yes, it was Barry and Iris who were laughing but quite frankly it feels like not a single one cared much for HR throughout the season until he died.

Only good parts were Blake Neeley's score. Even then that wasn't enough to salvage this mess. I really wish they had brought in Savitar earlier. Why does he have the scar? Why did the time travel rules apply less to him? What does the 'philosophers stone' actually do? So many unanswered questions.

What a disappointing end to a what was already a bad season.[/spoil]

[spoil]I didn't really like the final battle with Savitar either. Barry really didn't do much to defeat Savitar, it was Cisco and Iris that did most of the work (all Barry did was destroy his armor, by phasing through it somehow?). All of this buildup and character development with Snart advising Barry to play to his good side? Meaningless, all he does with that is let Savitar trick him into blowing up S.T.A.R. Labs. And yeah, there's so many instances that Savitar should've seen coming and didn't. The switch between HR and Iris, Cisco freeing Jay, Iris shooting him. Definitely an unsatisfying resolution.[/spoil]

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Last night's Flash would have worked as a series finale.

Thankfully they renewed it for another season. This will be resolved. We just have to wait until October.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I wouldn't surprised if the first six episodes or so were devoted to getting Barry out of the Speedforce.

Could be interesting if they do mini-arcs like AoS did.

But blergh. Can't see myself continuing with S4.

Arrow finale was amazing tbf. I have loosely followed Arrow this season after dropping it because of Arrow S4. Decided to tune in to some clips for finale. Blows Flash away in every single aspect.

Why is it we always have one good and one bad show? Why not both good?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How do you think the confrontation with Dr Manhatten will go down?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Arrow season 5 finished off great! The season villain was beyond amazing, and the story was great. In my opinion season 5 definitely stacks up with season 1 and 2.

I saw Wonder Woman this weekend and really liked it. Definitely the best DCEU movie so far, and one of the better superhero movies in general. Gal Gadot and Chris Pine were both really good, and I like that this one finally added a good dose of optimism to this cinematic universe. Hopefully this will signal a real turning point for the DCEU, but I'm still going to be cautiously optimistic going forward.