• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey guys, this thread is to discuss all things DC, from Wonder Woman to Superman and Lois, and everything in between.

As the old thread went inactive and with the release of the Snyder Cut of Justice league, I thought we should have a place to discuss it.

As always guys, make sure to follow the rules and be respectful of each other.

Enjoy!!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thoughts on snyder cut?

I really liked it, much better then the other version tbh. I liked that they took their time and it wasn't rushed, the other version tried to do too much in too little time.

This one actually took the time to properly introduce the characters plus it filled in a lot of the plot from the other version :).

Morax

King of heroes
I really liked it, much better then the other version tbh. I liked that they took their time and it wasn't rushed, the other version tried to do too much in too little time.

This one actually took the time to properly introduce the characters plus it filled in a lot of the plot from the other version :).
I'm glad snyder is getting the praise he deserves. Honestly, he's such a talented director.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
With all of these superhero movies based on DC property out there, there is one I’m surprised has not gotten his very own film yet and that is the Martian Manhunter. He’s very interesting as a character given his design and abilities and he does deserve a spotlight especially since the Joker, Shazam, and Aqua Man got their very own movies. Other than Hawkman, the Martian Manhunter is pretty much the only core Justice League member not to get his own movie or tv series which is a bit odd. You could even have his movie begin on Mars when his civilization gets destroyed and he has to go to Earth and learn to adapt to living in a brand new world.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
With all of these superhero movies based on DC property out there, there is one I’m surprised has not gotten his very own film yet and that is the Martian Manhunter. He’s very interesting as a character given his design and abilities and he does deserve a spotlight especially since the Joker, Shazam, and Aqua Man got their very own movies. Other than Hawkman, the Martian Manhunter is pretty much the only core Justice League member not to get his own movie or tv series which is a bit odd. You could even have his movie begin on Mars when his civilization gets destroyed and he has to go to Earth and learn to adapt to living in a brand new world.

He was featured in the Snyder cut but the role was pretty small. Who knows if we'll get another justice league movie anytime soon but they set him up to be one of the core members so we'll have to see what happens.

Hei is also featured as a main character on Supergirl so he has a presence but not the biggest one.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The fact that Warner Media has already come out of the gate saying that the SnyderCut was a one-time thing and that they won't continue with the SnyderVerse already took a positive turn of events and yet again crashed the DCEU.

Not going to go full toxic, but most of the fandom really tries to steer them in the right direction and they're going: 'nope, we're doing it our way'.

Considering the lack of trackrecord they've built up.. That's the end of the DCEU for me. AquaMan was an okay movie, SnyderCut was good, but that wasn't ever going to be the plan if it weren't for the fans. Joker was great, but isn't part of the DCEU.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a clue where the MCU is going in comparison (well, I know what movies they'll put out), but at least they have enough credibility in my eyes to warrant my hype simply by revealing titles.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The fact that Warner Media has already come out of the gate saying that the SnyderCut was a one-time thing and that they won't continue with the SnyderVerse already took a positive turn of events and yet again crashed the DCEU.

Not going to go full toxic, but most of the fandom really tries to steer them in the right direction and they're going: 'nope, we're doing it our way'.

Considering the lack of trackrecord they've built up.. That's the end of the DCEU for me. AquaMan was an okay movie, SnyderCut was good, but that wasn't ever going to be the plan if it weren't for the fans. Joker was great, but isn't part of the DCEU.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a clue where the MCU is going in comparison (well, I know what movies they'll put out), but at least they have enough credibility in my eyes to warrant my hype simply by revealing titles.

This, all of this lol. The DCEU is a damn mess. At this point there last couple of movies have been flops and they aren't even connected to each other save for a few references. It's clear they rushed out a product to compete with the MCU and failed spectacularly.

At this point there's just nothing to look forward to with DC, especially when we've been hearing about the same like three movies for years getting pushed back and delayed.

At this point, I haven't even watched WW84 due to it being a terrible follow up to Wonder Woman, I just had to look at the action scenes to see how much of a downgrade there was between the first one and this one which is really sad because Wonder Woman was like the one bright spot the DCEU had until now.

Morax

King of heroes
This, all of this lol. The DCEU is a damn mess. At this point there last couple of movies have been flops and they aren't even connected to each other save for a few references. It's clear they rushed out a product to compete with the MCU and failed spectacularly.

At this point there's just nothing to look forward to with DC, especially when we've been hearing about the same like three movies for years getting pushed back and delayed.

At this point, I haven't even watched WW84 due to it being a terrible follow up to Wonder Woman, I just had to look at the action scenes to see how much of a downgrade there was between the first one and this one which is really sad because Wonder Woman was like the one bright spot the DCEU had until now.
Wonder Woman was okay, not too bad but nothing spectacular either. It was basically marvel film disguised as DC.

The only legitimately good superhero movie for me was Watchmen.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The SnyderBros/bras and their NeoNazi friends deserve nothing. After the bullying, harassment, doxxing, and other crimes towards critics, actors not in the DCEU, and anyone else who tries to tell them no, the DCEU needs to be wiped and movies based on the CW shows need to take its place.

Ezra Miller is a violent asshole. Gal Godot supports war crimes. Jason Momoa ripped up his(admittedly bitchy) costar's books on the set of Aquaman. Henry Cavil voted for Trump. BatFleck can't act.

It's unsalvageable. And the chosen actors and JL lineup strictly exist to appeal to toxic people who are mad at Marvel for not making every character ciswhitehetneurotypical.

The CW and HBO Max-exclusive casts are better actors, better people, have better continuity and aren't there for bullies to wank more than their egos to. Suicide Squad and The Suicide Squad's casts(Minus Jared Leto) and BoP can stay if they fix Cassandra Cain.

I wish this wasn't the SnyderBroverse thread, and instead a DC COMICS thread...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The SnyderBros/bras and their NeoNazi friends deserve nothing. After the bullying, harassment, doxxing, and other crimes towards critics, actors not in the DCEU, and anyone else who tries to tell them no, the DCEU needs to be wiped and movies based on the CW shows need to take its place.

Ezra Miller is a violent asshole. Gal Godot supports war crimes. Jason Momoa ripped up his(admittedly bitchy) costar's books on the set of Aquaman. Henry Cavil voted for Trump. BatFleck can't act.

It's unsalvageable. And the chosen actors and JL lineup strictly exist to appeal to toxic people who are mad at Marvel for not making every character ciswhitehetneurotypical.

The CW and HBO Max-exclusive casts are better actors, better people, have better continuity and aren't there for bullies to wank more than their egos to. Suicide Squad and The Suicide Squad's casts(Minus Jared Leto) and BoP can stay if they fix Cassandra Cain.

I wish this wasn't the SnyderBroverse thread, and instead a DC COMICS thread...

Um this is a thread for everything DC, the Snyder cut is just the most recent and in the news piece. You and others are free to talk about whatever you want from DC.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Um this is a thread for everything DC, the Snyder cut is just the most recent and in the news piece. You and others are free to talk about whatever you want from DC.
The Marvel thread is mostly MCU.

I don't want this thread to become a clone of it with worse fans.

But anyway....

Teen Titans Academy better reveal who the now canon Red X is, and mention Xynothium.

Now if we'd get canon versions of Billy Numerous, See-More, Kyd Wykkyd, Angel, XL Terrestrial, Wrestling Star, I.N.T.S.T.I.G.A.T.O.R., Private H.I.V.E, Atlas, Adonis, Angel, Control Freak, Fang, Kitten, Johnny Rancid, Punk Rocket, Kardiak, Katarou, Puppet King, Overload, and other characters exclusive to Teen Titans(GO). I'd like to see the canon Jinx take on the animated ersion as an Apprentice, only for "Lucky" to go clean upon finding out her mentor is building her power to "fatten her up" per se, before claiming her apprentice's power as her own. Which I feel would be an appropriate way to rectify the "2 Jinxes" pop culture problem.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
While I didn't think much of Zack Snyder's other DC movies, I am interested in checking out the Snyder Cut because of how much positive buzz it's getting, and I heard there's a shout out to the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention (the charity that the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut raised money for) in one scene. As a survivor of a failed suicide attempt myself, I think that's really sweet. I still think they went about a DC movie universe the wrong way from the beginning, but I don't think it's all bad.
I did see the trailer for Suicide Squad 2 the other day and wasn't really impressed, it just felt like they were going through the motions and copying what's worked in other things, plus the James Gunn style of comedy has never really appealed to me.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Personally I haven't been interested in anything DC related since Batman vs Superman came out in 2016. Since then I haven't paid much attention to the DC films. Mainly because I cant connect with any these characters. So why should I care about them if they don't show any flaws, humanity, or emotions?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Personally I haven't been interested in anything DC related since Batman vs Superman came out in 2016. Since then I haven't paid much attention to the DC films. Mainly because I cant connect with any these characters. So why should I care about them if they don't show any flaws, humanity, or emotions?
You didn't watch Shazam?
I actually recommend that one since it has what you said is missing. It's the best movie in the DCEU

I've given everything a fair shot since apart from the Snyder Cut, I rage quit after the first hour. And I blacklisted Aquaman 2, ain't seeing that unless Mera actually is recast. What she did to Johnny Depp ain't right, I won't support that movie in theatre or HBO.
Teen Titans Academy better reveal who the now canon Red X is, and mention Xynothium.
I really wanna get excited for Red X but it's just hard to care, it's not the same Red X. Now if it was the cartoon returning for a movie, yes... I'd be hyped!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
You didn't watch Shazam?
I actually recommend that one since it has what you said is missing. It's the best movie in the DCEU
Guess I forgot I actually did see that one in theaters. A friend actually got tickets to an advanced screening and invited me along. From what I remember the movie was fun and enjoyable since it's wasn't so serious as other films. It actually has bright colors in it, not just grey and brown!

Since then I haven't seen any DC films. Since I moved last fall I decided to cut the tv cord and limit what streaming services I use. So there's a high probability I won't be seeing any DC films by pure chance anymore.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
SPOILERS about Flash.

Having seen the Zack Snyder cut, how many of you just gave a big dumb happy smile when you saw Flash's moment to shine? You know the moment I'm talking about. The one where Flash says, "You gotta break your rule Barry." It's the one moment in Zack Snyder's Justice League that is full of hope.

In my opinion, it's easier to do a believable moment that is dark & despairing these days than it is to do a believable moment that is hopeful & inspiring. That's what Flash did in Justice League, he stole the spotlight at the end. Easily one of the best superhero moments in cinema history since Avengers: Infinity War where Captain America says, "Avengers Assemble!"

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

I mean you pretty much just described Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman movie, the first one at least lol.

She's all about humanity, has plenty of emotions, and flaws too.

Morax

King of heroes
So why should I care about them if they don't show any flaws, humanity, or emotions?
What do you mean? The whole point of BvS was superman doubting himself since the whole world was against him, and batman turning into a murder machine due to all the evil he faced in gotham. Literally everybody was flawed.

Morax

King of heroes
it's easier to do a believable moment that is dark & despairing these days than it is to do a believable moment that is hopeful & inspiring
It's the opposite IMO. It's pretty easy to write a moment of "hope" as opposed to writing a villain who actually feels threatening and Steppenwolf was anything but that. Maybe it is due to us being aware that barry can travel through time and that kills all stakes. Poor steppy never stood a chance.