• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
The DCEU/Arrowverse will never reach the level of the DCAU

JLU solos anything that those universes have to offer

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Very slim chance of Robert Pattinson surpassing Keaton and Bale as Batman,his best shot is with Affleck and Kilmer.But based on the trailer he looks promising.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Very slim chance of Robert Pattinson surpassing Keaton and Bale as Batman,his best shot is with Affleck and Kilmer.But based on the trailer he looks promising.
0.Kevin Conroy
1.Michael Keaton
2.Christian Bale
3.Robert Pattinson
4.Ben Affleck
5.Val Kilmer
6.George Clooney
-----------------------------------
1.Batman Begins
2.The Dark Knight
3.The Batman
4.The Dark Knight Rises
5.Batman Returns
6.Batman (1989)
7.Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
8.Batman Forever
9.Batman & Robin

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
True. Michael Keaton is definitely the best actor to ever play live action Batman. Adam West was also great but I consider him as a different type of Batman which is campy and he is in his own category. Val Kilmer was pretty bad as Batman and all I remember from his movie is Jim Carrey’s Riddler suit and Kiss From a Rose. Everything else is a one giant blur. I mean I know Nicole Kidman is in the movie and one of the headliners but I can’t even recall what she does in Batman Forever.

But then I remember Batman and Robin a lot more and what happens in the movie itself so I would place Clooney above Kilmer. Clooney’s turn as Batman is much more memorable for being so bizarre and so bad it’s good and I enjoy the movie unironically for its campiness and being almost as over the top as the 60s tv show.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Started Peacemaker last night and got through two episodes.

1.) John Cena killed it and I dig his chad vibes and overall aura, the cinemagraphy of the show looks really appealing? I like the cast thus far and Peacemaker makes for a great hero/protagonists. I love how grounded it feels compared to the corny style of Marvel movies? These guys aren't always heroic beacons of light, just "people" in situations. A nice mix of comedy and action/story. Apparently James Gunn wrote this whole series during quaratine out of boredom lmao

2.) Best intro I've seen in ages, dancing and all. I'll probably be doing that dance at some point and keep it on replay. Everything about John Cena's big hulking body doing a Tiktok-styled dance super stone-faced just works.

Last DCEU movie I saw was Shazam, never really got into the movies heavily. Heard the fans are terribad for the Snyder directed ones and the movies are a bit too grimdark, edgy which isn't the exact answer to Marvel's manufactured samey-same movies and neverending quips/hammy style though.

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I have now seen The Batman and you know what? I think it's pretty good! I have critiques, but I also liked it a lot. It's made me want to rewatch the Keaton and Bale movies just to compare them and see where I'd stack this movie up versus theirs, but I have a few ideas on that. I'm torn on whether it's the definitive best Batman movie, I think it might be for me although The Dark Knight Rises is a close contender, and I mean really close! The cast is incredible, the noir design of the movie is actually genius and showcasing Batman as a detective more than a fighter was pretty neat. This is definitely a newer and younger Batman who doesn't fully comprehend what he's fighting for just yet, and his villains and allies are similarly new to their positions. I was hoping they'd touch more on Bruce's psyche than they did, but hey ho. Riddler is his first real challenge and the start of the more "colourful" Rogues Gallery we'll likely see in future instalments. I also loved Gordon's relationship with Batman in this movie, I don't know how to describe it but it just makes me happy. It's a very edgy film though, especially Bruce/Batman and Riddler which I thought was a good reflection of the fact that neither truly "grew up" in a sense, but it was also very edgy (think 11 year olds listening to Linkin Park whilst playing Death Knights in WoW) and it was funny in a bad way.

I was really hoping we wouldn't see even an inkling of Joker just yet, but they had Barry Keoghan come in as the character for the end of the film. He's not a bad choice for the role, and I can't judge his performance given how little he was actually in the movie? But I want this Batman to utilise other aspects of his Rogues Gallery! Not sure who, I know the Batwoman movie has Brendan Fraser as Firefly? That's cool! But I just want a movie without Joker or Bane or an al Ghul - gimme Court of Owls (would work pretty well with the whole secret corrupt society thing they had going on), or more Penguin since he was pretty awesome in this movie, or a touching Mr. Freeze story! Lots of options. Batman losing overall against Riddler was a nice spin on things, and showcased him actually helping people which I don't think we've seen too often? I thought that was great.

So yeah, it's a great movie, go in with no expectations and hopefully enjoy it?

Morax

King of heroes
Started Peacemaker last night and got through two episodes.

1.) John Cena killed it and I dig his chad vibes and overall aura, the cinemagraphy of the show looks really appealing? I like the cast thus far and Peacemaker makes for a great hero/protagonists. I love how grounded it feels compared to the corny style of Marvel movies? These guys aren't always heroic beacons of light, just "people" in situations. A nice mix of comedy and action/story. Apparently James Gunn wrote this whole series during quaratine out of boredom lmao

2.) Best intro I've seen in ages, dancing and all. I'll probably be doing that dance at some point and keep it on replay. Everything about John Cena's big hulking body doing a Tiktok-styled dance super stone-faced just works.

Last DCEU movie I saw was Shazam, never really got into the movies heavily. Heard the fans are terribad for the Snyder directed ones and the movies are a bit too grimdark, edgy which isn't the exact answer to Marvel's manufactured samey-same movies and neverending quips/hammy style though.
Do you really wanna do you really wanna taste it?

IMO peacemaker had a solid start but got really generic towards the end. It feels like they’re trying to be marvel all over again.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
1.Batman Begins
2.The Dark Knight
3.The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2
4.Under the Red Hood
-------------‐------‐--‐--------
5.The Batman (2022)
6.The Dark Knight Rises
7.Mask of the Phantasm
8.Return of the Joker
9.Batman Returns
10.Year One
11.Batman (1989)
12.Batman v Superman
13.The Killing Joke
14.Batman Forever
15.Batman & Robin

Antiyonder

Overlord
First new Young Justice tie in comic since the lead in to Outsiders is coming out this summer sometime after YJ Phantoms.

It's a six issue miniseries which will see physical copies starting July 26.

Each issue will also contain a back up story set during the past seasons.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Batgirl just got canned. I believe that it's getting canned due to the fact that they are heavily reworking The Flash, which it's set to be a sort of sequel to, due to the recent restructuring at Warner and all the drama that surrounding star Ezra Miller lately.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
It's a shame how disjointed the DCEU ended up. I actually thought a handful of the movies were not bad (Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Zack Snyder's Justice League), and better than a bunch of MCU films.

This scene from Batman v Superman is one of my all-time favorites:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's a shame how disjointed the DCEU ended up. I actually thought a handful of the movies were not bad (Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Zack Snyder's Justice League), and better than a bunch of MCU films.

This scene from Batman v Superman is one of my all-time favorites:

Although it looks like James Gunn is trying to salvage the DCEU. Well this is the guy who single handedly made the Guardians of the Galaxy household names so he's talented enough to do this.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Although it looks like James Gunn is trying to salvage the DCEU. Well this is the guy who single handedly made the Guardians of the Galaxy household names so he's talented enough to do this.

What I would have done is just flesh out the movies that were already made.

Make a Batman and Robin movie with young Batfleck, using de-aged technology. Show how he got to that point in B v S.

Continue with Zack Snyder's JL, and lead up to the Darkseid invasion.

This was such a hype tease for what could have been:

"Ready the armada. We will use the old ways."

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
At least there's a lot to look forward to in 2023 if you're a DC fan. There's Shazam Fury of the Gods, The Flash, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and Blue Beetle. I believe that all four of these heroes will be kept for the Gunnverse.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
At least there's a lot to look forward to in 2023 if you're a DC fan. There's Shazam Fury of the Gods, The Flash, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and Blue Beetle. I believe that all four of these heroes will be kept for the Gunnverse.

I really liked the first Aquaman, and I hope it keeps that same level of scope and world-building.

The Flash will probably just reset the entire universe.