• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dead Poet's Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shivla'k

Almighty Shivla'k!
That makes me think...
Do you use a Rhyme Scheme?
Yes! Sometimes!

Last edited:

Hakura May

Xin Nian Dao!
^-^' Thanks. I don't like it as much, considering I was only in 5th grade. I write much better now.

What's the rhyme scheme?

It's more of a free-verse poem, but I did have a version with rhyme scheme. Lost that one too, though. ^-^'

I like it as well. Anyway, anyone else use ryhme scheme?

I use it sometimes, though I usually do free-verse, not because rhyming is hard; I find it quite simple. I'm just into free-verse more.

Shivla'k

Almighty Shivla'k!
Well if some people do find rhyming hard, they can use this.

Hakura May

Xin Nian Dao!
Well if some people do find rhyming hard, they can use this.

Whoa. That's neat. Wish I'd thought of it before. XP

It would have really helped in 2nd grade when I couldn't think of a single rhyme. XP

Shivla'k

Almighty Shivla'k!
Yes, it's very helpful. I say use it if you can't think of anything.

Shivla'k

Almighty Shivla'k!
Yeah, we've had about... 3 or 4 tests so far.

Exxthus

Head AlwaysHeld High
I like that rhyme-finder. I typed in "month" and "orange" to see if it would stump it. It did, obviously, but it's still funny, since orange only rhymes with orange in there.

Oh, yes, and I would very much like to join, and am glad that there is a poetry/prose club in here.

Subjects: Not sure what my fav poet is. :/ I tend to have a wide spectrum of poetic interests.... No, I don't usually use a rhyme scheme, unless I'm writing a sonnet or something of the like.

Shivla'k

Almighty Shivla'k!
Orange rhymes with door-hinge (but how many times are you gonna use that?)

Hold on, let me think for a second... *reaches into part of mind labeled 'poetry'*

Untitled
With eyes full of beauty,
Her stride filled with grace,
How I wish, I wish,
To feel your warm embrace.

I wish to say 'I love you',
Yet I am filled with fear,
For if you feel not the same,
I shall shed a tear.

-Just thought of it while thinkin' about a girl at school.

Exxthus becomes new member!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.