• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Death Note fanclub v 2.0

Shiun

The Nicknamer
Yes I know that, I suppose if people are touchy...I'll spell it L, although I prefere my way.
As for the song title...I knew it was something like that...I feel all embarrased now.

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
Yeah, he was cute.

I don't like to call L "Eru" because honestly, I'm not Japanese. XD; It would kinda make look dumb. No offense to anyone.

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
I don't like to call L "Eru" because honestly, I'm not Japanese. XD; It would kinda make look dumb. No offense to anyone.

Seriously, just saying "Eru" or "Raito" just makes some hard-core anime people (like some in our Anime Section) call you a weaboo.

I'm also wondering if the summer special was ever out. I lost touch with DN in the summer.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Wow, I thought this place was dead.

I FINALLY finished the series last night. I don't know why, but I just stopped at episode 35. Watched 36 and 37 last night.

Wow.

Shiun

The Nicknamer
Dang!
I wanna see that.
I still don't believe the club is still alive, I thought it had crashed and died.

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Dang!
I wanna see that.
I still don't believe the club is still alive, I thought it had crashed and died.

It's just that the Anime ended and most of our anime discussions.

Also I would like to see at least the RAW of that special. Anyone can direct?

Shiun

The Nicknamer
God.
Wait a tick...thats my Birthday!
Its a shame its only for the Northen Hemisphere, however I've already seen the whole series so I'm not too interested.
Not only that but I've heard some of the dub...never again, never again.

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Geez, they still haven't subbed the three hour special. I don't even know if there is a RAW.

As of September 19, 2007:

Deathgod.org said:
Death Note Special Sub Update:

Kuro-Hana is slowly working on a sub for the special, which contains 1700 lines of dialouge, although it’s mostly the first half of the special which needs to be translated. They are currently looking for translators.

The special's file is already to large to download, so I would wait for the sub instead.

Hakuryuu said:
Omg we live. XD;
When you say we're dead, we're dead. Since you didn't, we're still alive ;)

Golde

Always Searching~
Hello. I recently watched the first episode of Death Note and would like to join here. Honestly though, I haven't the slightest clue why the put it in replacement of Bleach. I enjoyed that show and I was a bit peeved when I saw Death Note there instead. Ghost in the Shell would've been a better replacement. I recall seeing some of the episodes once before. However I have a few questions.

1) Does anyone know what happened too Bleach...

2) How long does this show run. I rather enjoy long running shows. I hate it when a good story ends, honestly, no matter how good that ending is.

Shiun

The Nicknamer
Welcome if you get in.
I. No I don't
II. It's 37 Episodes with one clip episode. The ending will either be really good or really sucky to you.

Re: Dub....I cringed at that effort. I'm sorry but the guy doing Raito (there I go using the japanese pronounciation) really sucked. Ryuuku also. I'm glad I watched the sub, the dub really bites.

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Light's fine I think (I'll do final judge when I hear him laugh), just needs to sound more cold, the VA's voice is way emotional. Ryuk just sounded too generic evil voice and not showing his slightly fun voice. Otherwise it's okay. And the others just sound generic.

I'm actually happy how much effort they put into the opening and ending subs. (Looks at Naruto)

Oh yeah, Kuro-Hana dropped the DN special for a bit to catch up for Devil May Cry.

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
Oh. Welcome to the club. I'll edit the list in a bit. I'm in school right now.

Ryuk's voice was generic. GENERIC. I don't even think they tried. That's sad. Light's voice.. I didn't like too well either. He sounded sorta.. stupid. As such, original voice actors prove to be the best.