• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Decisive Super Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikyu!! (1019)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1019.jpg

The Decisive Super Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikyu!!

Before taking his rematch against Nanu, Ash has to partake in the trial. However, the trial ends up being against Team Rocket. Once again after Pikachu, Team Rocket finally show their true power when they unleash Mimikyu's special Z-Move, Let's Snuggle Forever. With the Z-Move doing major damage, the battle between Pikachu and Mimikyu is fierce. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

IcySealeo

Bewear comes to take TR but leave them alone when Mimikyu give it a look.

Jessie doesn't command Mimikyu, it acts on its own.

When Pikachu is on the ground they use Let's Snuggle Forever.

Pikachu learned ELECTROWEB and it protected it from Mimikyu's Z-Move.

Now they use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt and win.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Pikachu learns "Electroweb" to counter Mimikyu's "Let's Snuggle Forever", and fires a "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" to defeat it.

The learning sequence was sort of similar to when Pikachu learned "Volt Tackle" during AG, in the sense that Pikachu charged up an "Electro Ball", while it received "Let's Snuggle Forever", and that energy from "Electro Ball" converted to "Electroweb" to form a shield around it.

So, i guess we can finally say goodbye to "Electro Ball" after so long.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
While the Electroweb was a nice surprise, the "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" has become really annoying at how conveniently it appears.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Pikachu did it!!!

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

While the Electroweb was a nice surprise, the "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" has become really annoying at how conveniently it appears.

...You say that like it's happened multiple times before. This is only the second time Ash has ever used it.

Anywho, I came into this episode expecting to be disappointed and came out absolutely ecstatic due to the outcome, how it happened and how certain folks are reacting to it. Plus, Electro Ball is FINALLY GONE! It finally happened! I'm not sure how useful Electro Web will be, but I have a certain feeling of "closure" now.

I would've preferred for them to bring back Volt Tackle for Catastropika, but I'll take this. Nice job SM, you've managed to do what AG and BW did and permanently leave your mark on the anime through Pikachu as a constant reminder that you did indeed happen.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Electroweb?! Why not Volt Tackle back?! That would make sense, region wise! This means no Chuuster...Boooooooo!

Still a great battle on Pikachu's end...

Does this mean that Jessie caught..A TOTEM MIMIKYU(I know it had no aura, but still, it's bigger than Mimi-tan and plays the in-game role to a T)?! Was I right all this time?!

6.1/10 No Volt Tackle back, but good battle and Z-Move showcase.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
...You say that like it's happened multiple times before. This is only the second time Ash has ever used it.

See the bigger picture behind this. In both cases, they made it look like the particular Z-move is the easy way of dealing with difficult situations which are going out of control for Ash and Pikachu. While I didn't like it from the first time I could easily just brush it off since it could be considered a one time thing without an actual explanation at least. Now I just cannot take seriously at all.

Rohanator

See the bigger picture behind this. In both cases, they made it look like the particular Z-move is the easy way of dealing with difficult situations which are going out of control for Ash and Pikachu. While I didn't like it from the first time I could easily just brush it off since it could be considered a one time thing without an actual explanation at least. Now I just cannot take seriously at all.
The Z-move wasn't what saved the day in this case though, Electro Web was. It both shielded Pikachu and held Mimikyu down so that Pikachu could hit it whatever it wanted, the Z-move just made for a flashy finish.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Literally find hard to believe it! Pikachu learned a new move?!?!?!:eek::eek: Electoweb....man I'm gonna say I was really in awe of Spiderchu there. :D Never expected it honestly even in my wildest dreams! This battle was just simply epic, Ash and Pikachu stayed strong and never gave up despite the damn hard opponent Mimikyu proved to be. And then an epic 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt to land the finishing blow to literally demolish Mimikyu and win the epic rivalry culmination battle!!

This was one of Pikachu best feats, his best battles in the anime. I just can't describe how elated and excited I was to see my most favourite Pokemon in the anime ever looking a total badass and overcoming a damn tough rival in a tough battle like this! 10/10. :D

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

I think the problem was you ever trying to take things as seriously as you were to begin with, like with your current overanalyzing and misguided viewpoint, but okay. Whatever bro. You do you.

I'm still happy over this episode.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The Z-move wasn't what saved the day in this case though, Electro Web was. It both shielded Pikachu and held Mimikyu down so that Pikachu could hit it whatever it wanted, the Z-move just made for a flashy finish.

They could accomplish that just with Gigavolt Havoc too. You don't need cheap power ups to offer a flashy finish.

I think the problem was you ever trying to take things as seriously as you were to begin with, like with your current overanalyzing and misguided viewpoint, but okay. Whatever bro. You do you.

Yeah sorry for not agreeing with you...

Anyway, that was the only complaint with this episode. I liked everything else.

Rohanator

They could accomplish that just with Gigavolt Havoc too. You don't need cheap power ups to offer a flashy finish.
I feel like this is a special enough moment to warrant it though, an actual real battle between Ash and Team Rocket, and Pikachu and Mimikyu, and Mimikyu just used its own special Z-move too. The theme of this arc in general has been Ash's Pokemon getting stronger, so it's fitting to have him activate 10 million volts again to show that maybe he's getting closer to actually being able to use it at will. I dunno, I would've found Gigavolt Havoc boring here.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I feel like this is a special enough moment to warrant it though, an actual real battle between Ash and Team Rocket, and Pikachu and Mimikyu, and Mimikyu just used its own special Z-move too. The theme of this arc in general has been Ash's Pokemon getting stronger, so it's fitting to have him activate 10 million volts again to show that maybe he's getting closer to actually being able to use it at will. I dunno, I would've found Gigavolt Havoc boring here.

Fair enough. I agree with the fact that this arc was meant to give Ash's Pokemon a boost and I'm pretty content with the fact that even the yellow mouse got a nice move which replaced the god awful Electro Ball. About the last part let's just agree to disagree. No hard feelings.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I would've preferred for them to bring back Volt Tackle for Catastropika, but I'll take this.
Electroweb?! Why not Volt Tackle back?! That would make sense, region wise!
Since the writers are more focusing on "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" (aka., 'Pikashunium Z'), they are most likely going to ignore 'Pikanium Z' for Pikachu, i guess.

This means no Chuuster...Boooooooo!
Its still possible for it to cameo in the series atleast once, in order to showcase "Catastropika".

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This episode was quite great but the Pikachu vs Mimikyu battle felt a bit short too. Not too bad at all to see Pikachu learn Electroweb, which let it protect itself from Let's Snuggle Forever and it was also good to see the Electrium Z turn into the Pikashunium Z and see Ash absolutely take out Mimikyu using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. It was also good Bewear didn't interrupt the battle at all and to see Team Rocket successfully execute the Fairy pose the first time in the forest.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh thank God, the writers realized Pikachu having two special Electric-type attacks is completely redundant.

But I guess he's not gonna re-learn Volt Tackle since that's what Electro Ball replaced to begin with. Oh well, c'est la vie.

DatsRight

This wasn't a bad episode, but it had some of the predicted problems, just in unexpected ways. On one hand, Pikachu still relied on flukes, with Ash failing to think up any good counters or even land a good hit on TR until Pikachu got two new moves out of nowhere. On the other hand, at least it wasn't Bewear, it was a full TR battle, and Electro Web got at least SOME amount of build up at the start of the episode (I feel like it should have maybe been foreshadowed a bit earlier though). So long as Electro Web is used in some key way after this I'll buy it wasn't just a DEM.

SM has at least officially changed the status quo in one way with Pikachu getting a new move. I'm not sure about Electro Web though. I feel like one of Sophocles' team should have got it as a cool status move to balance out Pikachu's raw power.

Bewear finding out was hilarious, what with the slow 'Hmmm, something's not quite right here...' take when it sees the dummies. TR's reaction to Bewear coming from behind was great as well. Mimikyu was able to make Bewear stand down??? Okay I'm wondering what's going on with this bear.

Liked how TR still felt obliged to be polite to Acerola. Also Bewear very gently and sympathetically carrying Mimikyu away after it lost was cute.

I'm hoping this isn't the end of 'not so harmless' TR in SM though and they still get at least a couple more good face offs. I wonder what Matori was bugging them over at the start by the way. If it's progression again, looks like TR will have to go looking for more captures too.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Oh thank God, the writers realized Pikachu having two special Electric-type attacks is completely redundant.
SM has at least officially changed the status quo in one way with Pikachu getting a new move. I'm not sure about Electro Web though. I feel like one of Sophocles' team should have got it as a cool status move to balance out Pikachu's raw power.

Technically, atleast as per the games, "Electroweb" is also a special damaging Electric type move (its not a status move, unlike what you think, i guess).

But based on this episode, atleast the anime is going to showcase it as a non-damaging or low-damaging move, and instead be used as a unique usage move like, using it as a shield or trapping the opponent.

Last edited: