• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
This is a Pokemon forum. I cannot be the only one here who downloaded this cutesy-looking but actually fairly deep and fun JRPG.

sec01_logo.png

For those of you who are sadly unaware, Denpa Men is a JRPG for the 3DS, downloadable for $9.99. It was released as Denpa Ningen no RPG in Japan on February 8th, 2012, and has only recently made it to the US on September 27th, 2012. The idea is that you use the 3DS's gyroscope and camera to search for Denpa Men around "radio waves" (WiFi hotspots), who you capture and send into battles. If you're unsure of whether or not this appeals to you, you can download the demo from the eShop for free and play through the first dungeon. Should you decide to purchase the full version, you can save the data from your demo to your 3DS and continue on in the full version from where you left off. Scan this code on your 3DS camera to automatically go to the game's page on the eShop to download it, or just load up the eShop yourself and find it.

Yes, there is, in fact, a sequel to this. It's called Denpa Ningen no RPG 2, and was released in Japan on September 26th, 2012 (a day before the American release of Denpa Men 1). Thinking about getting the sequel? If the prequel flops, the sequel won't be released. If you want the sequel, buy the prequel.

This is the official site, and this is the trailer. Watch the trailer and gaze upon its great awesomeness. It's both great and awesome.

Share some QR codes, share some current dungeon progress, share some opinions, findings, whatever. Let's do this thing.

Discuss.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

R_N

I downloaded the demo and enjoyed it but man it's unforgiving. Once one dies you all die pretty much

Might pick it up when I'm not drowning in Pokemon

xDoN904™

ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ
I tried it out and it looks good. Might get around buying it once i get some spare cash laying around.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Woo, beat the King of Evil today. That was cool.

I downloaded the demo and enjoyed it but man it's unforgiving. Once one dies you all die pretty much

Well, all of the heroes start with Revive power, which lets you revive dead Denpa Men. Since your hero can't die permanently, it's pretty handy.

The idea is that some of your Denpas will die, but you'll just catch new ones to fill the gap left behind.

Last edited:

R_N

Woo, beat the King of Evil today. That was cool.

Well, all of the heroes start with Revive power, which lets you revive dead Denpa Men. Since your hero can't die permanently, it's pretty handy.

The idea is that some of your Denpas will die, but you'll just catch new ones to fill the gap left behind.

I get that their expendable it's more just that there wasn't a way to restock while deep in a dungeon
also you have to use items to refill your magic or whatever

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Is the game worth it? It kinda looks like battling in Golden Sun, and collecting like in Find Mii. I wanna get other peoples' opinions before making a decision.