• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Desolation of Smaug-Hobbit part 2

Navin

MALDREAD
I tried and tried but couldn't think of anything else during his scenes, to me it was THAT bad... I don't get it either because it's not like he looks very old even well into his 30's.

Huh, well hopefully his spectacular acrobatics and killing maneuvers distracted you from his horrible makeup.

I laughed too, It was a funny and memorable scene if nothing else but it murders any sort of serious atmosphere that the movie tries to create at the worst possible time. for example watching the first Lord of the Rings it's difficult not to be on the edge of your seat when they're fighting all those enemies in Moria, but here and during the escape scene that you mentioned it's difficult not to just burst out laughing.

Well, the Hobbit is supposed to be a children's book in the end, and it's possible they aren't trying to establish the same degree of seriousness in these films. Honestly though, I think the very different 'looks' of the films plays a role as well. The digital shooting of the Hobbit makes it brighter and more colorful and makes for a more lighter tone if that makes sense.

This scene in the first film was spectacular though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDKvh01ftU

Grey Wind

I liked it a lot better than the first movie. I've never read The Hobbit so I can't really comment on the changes they've made from the books, but I thought that it flowed a lot better and didn't have as much of a stunted (if that's the word for it) feel as the first one. The special effects were amazing too. Really looking forward to the third film.

cwertle

Don't Blink!
As a huge tolkien fan I was utterly dissapointed. e.e

However, Benedict Cumberbatch was great.

Theodamas

Collector
I was a bit disappointed too, as I was with the first one. This was better than the first, though.

When I got out of the cinema, there was a girl walking behind me, who said to her friend:

"Right now, I would like to travel to New Zealand to kill Peter Jackson so he could never make the last one"

I was about to ask her if she would go and see the third movie when it comes out, but then thought better not provoke her anymore ;)