• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Detested Absol (1153)

IcySealeo

It's like Ash doesn't have any Pokemon besides Pikachu. I mean, if Goh can bring Trapinch out of nowhere why Ash can't use any of his Pokemon? The writers doesn't care about his Pokemon that much that even in filler and not-important episode they don't appear?

Decidueye23

Is it bad that I hate Goh and the writers for not allowing Ash to catch anything even more now? I can think of at least a thousand ways to painfully torture them.
Yooo... i get yiur frustrated man... but easy there. Ash will get somenew pokemon dont worry. We probably have arou d 120 episodes left. Plenty of time

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Eh.. ash has been pretty OOC this saga. Not keeping his pokemon with him. Barely interacting with them.
And again...
Is it really Ash's fault when it's a direct contradiction of how he'd behave, and more of a case of the writer not bothering to write a character and respect their past properly, hence making them OOC?
In SM, the direct predecessor, he literally kept them out of their Pokeballs most of the time and interacted with them often, and even took them wherever he went unless the situation didn't allow him.

nuzamaki90

Man this episode was all over the place lol what the hell o_O

Hoji called Ash, who invited Go, to help with the Absol problem, but then as the episode progressed more and more, the focus was put on Go as he’s the one figuring everything out, taking the lead, using his Pokémon while Ash is just standing at the side nodding his head in agreement or waiting for Go to explain everything.

Why? Where was Ash’s “I’m gonna save that Absol!” attitude that was in the preview? Why didn’t Ash use any of his two Fighting-types, who are both capable of breaking huge rocks, to help with the boulder? When Absol was in danger why did Ash just stand and watch while Go was quick to throw his Pokeball to save it? It’s so jarring because I’m watching and waiting for Ash to finally do something of note and then boom the episode ends.

I’m not even mad that Go caught Absol as it was another circumstantial capture and you kind of just have to deal with them at this point. I’m just annoyed that Ash really just doesn’t do anything when they are out on these missions. I’m dreading the Project Mew arc

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
it was nice to see Hodge again & I liked how the way Goh caught Absol was similar to when he caught Suicune, though it made a little more sense this time since Goh could better empathize with it based what we know from his past & personality. The only thing I don't understand is how a Snorunt & a pack of Glalie ended up all the way by Mt. Chimney in the first place.

Yooo... i get yiur frustrated man... but easy there. Ash will get somenew pokemon dont worry. We probably have arou d 120 episodes left. Plenty of time
Either that or he'll start using his old ones again. We just need to wait & see what happens after the Infernape episode

Risrhayne

Everyone thinking Ash was gonna catch an Absol...ya’ll are so cute, can I have some of that naïveté? Seriously though, everyone should know by now that this season thrives on teasing. Just because we see a wild Pokémon doing its thing, it doesn’t mean Ash is gonna get it. At least this episode makes it clear why Goh would catch Absol since he was very much the focus of this one.

That being said, I didn’t really enjoy this episode because this format has gotten bland. Ash and G-er...I mean, GOH AND ASH go to Place, fight Pokémon with Ash conveniently leaving all of his mons sans Pikachu, Goh is rewarded with more Pokémon while Ash cheers him on. Rinse and Repeat until we have a random episode with Ash battling someone or Chloe doing something and Goh STILL catches a Pokémon because his journey is the only one the can progress at a lightning pace.

Whatever. At least Absol is kinda cool-looking. Maybe it’ll be main-not mainstay Pokémon like Scizor oooooor it’s gonna be a severely underused Pokémon that despite having a whole episode dedicated to its capture, will rarely be seen much less used. Hi Flygon! Hi Golurk!

Next week, par for the course, they’re teasing an Axew. Thar be tremors in the salt mines. Is that a wild Axew for Goh? Or are we gonna have a subplot of a useless baby Axew getting lost for the umpteenth time?

nuzamaki90

Everyone thinking Ash was gonna catch an Absol...ya’ll are so cute, can I have some of that naïveté? Seriously though, everyone should know by now that this season thrives on teasing. Just because we see a wild Pokémon doing its thing, it doesn’t mean Ash is gonna get it. At least this episode makes it clear why Goh would catch Absol since he was very much the focus of this one.

That being said, I didn’t really enjoy this episode because this format has gotten bland. Ash and G-er...I mean, GOH AND ASH go to Place, fight Pokémon with Ash conveniently leaving all of his mons sans Pikachu, Goh is rewarded with more Pokémon while Ash cheers him on. Rinse and Repeat until we have a random episode with Ash battling someone or Chloe doing something and Goh STILL catches a Pokémon because his journey is the only one the can progress at a lightning pace.

Whatever. At least Absol is kinda cool-looking. Maybe it’ll be main-not mainstay Pokémon like Scizor oooooor it’s gonna be a severely underused Pokémon that despite having a whole episode dedicated to its capture, will rarely be seen much less used. Hi Flygon! Hi Golurk!

Next week, par for the course, they’re teasing an Axew. Thar be tremors in the salt mines. Is that a wild Axew for Goh? Or are we gonna have a subplot of a useless baby Axew getting lost for the umpteenth time?
I’m glad Ash didn’t catch Absol though because it’s voice was annoying LOL

And it didn’t really have a personality besides “grrr get away grr” or “grr I’ll help you grrr”

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
- Ash's team being treated as nonexistent and acting as if it's just Pikachu
Technically, that isn't something new.
Even in the past Saga's, the writers had always made Ash focus heavily on Pikachu only, even when the odds are against it (like Pikachu vs 3-4 pokemons, or a pokemon against which it can't do anything).
This capturing to save the pokemon gimick feels so complacent lol.
I do wonder, how many Pokemons Ash would have caught by now, if the writers had allowed him to do the same thing as Goh does (since Ash had saved, helped and interacted with a lot of Wild Pokemons until now, but 97% of the time never caught them).

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
And it didn’t really have a personality besides “grrr get away grr” or “grr I’ll help you grrr”
This just made me think of "Big Jaws" from Family Guy