• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Detested Absol (1153)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Why is this shocking? Did you guys not notice on the new poster all of Goh’s Pokémon were on one side and Ash’s on another? Absol was on Goh’s

RetroPokeFan

I'm not sure why people on the Internet are getting super mad at Goh for catching Absol when it would have done f'all with Ash (hence why I want him to not catch ANYTHING else right now). It's clear the staff don't care about any of Ash's mons (yes, even Pikachu since he too hasn't done much for months now other than being just... there much like Ash himself really) so it's not like it would have fared any better other than making a cameo in Cerise's lab and disappearing for the next 180 months.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Yeah, Lucario was meaningless until now
And then became meaningless again.
It's a shame that they seem to have fully embraced the Pokemon Go experience, because the first couple episodes of the series seemed to be setting up a rivalry between Ash and Go on how to treat pokemon, where Ash still has his "they're living things" ideals clash with Go's "they're things to be collected for a distant prize"

But no, no, pokemon are now simply whatever swiss army implement needed to solve the current problem of the week and then tossed aside without a second thought

(unless they're marketable, but even that's hit or miss)

I do not look forward to Ash bringing his reserves back with this mindset

Risrhayne

I don't know where all this delusion is coming from regarding Ash's captures. He already has a full team, and half of them are severely lacking screentime. The absolute last thing he needs is more pokémon to compete for attention.
Sooo their solution is to bring back Infernape? Meanwhile Lucario has appeared more in promotional images and the OP than it has in the dang show.

I think it’s because the vast majority of Ash’s team this season were already fully-evolved by the time he caught them, so there was no need for them to have screentime beyond fanservice. That’s probably why only Riolu and Farfetch’d got any form of development after being caught since they were the only ones who could evolve. It also doesn’t help that he technically only has two Galar Pokémon. Kanto Pokémon don’t need anymore screentime and Lucario most definitely does not either. That might be why some people are still peeved at Goh catching Grookey because the Galar starters are the only Pokémon to have gotten such thorough development this season, as they’re the shiny, new Pokémon. Giving Ash one of the Galar starters would have given him more episodes focused on him beyond the tournament.

You COULD interpret this as a compliment to Ash; he’s such a great trainer that there’s no need to show him raising another 2-stage evolution mon from their weak, baby form and go through the motions of learning new attacks, character arcs and whatnot. But it also hurts now because the strength of his current team feels more tell don’t show than ever before. It’s almost insulting that Infernape is the one coming back; arguably Ash’s most well-written Pokémon and its story is going to be told to all of the kids (who weren’t even born when DP came out) most likely via a flashback or a still shot like his current journey has been treated.

UglyToast

Technically, that isn't something new.
Even in the past Saga's, the writers had always made Ash focus heavily on Pikachu only, even when the odds are against it (like Pikachu vs 3-4 pokemons, or a pokemon against which it can't do anything).

I do wonder, how many Pokemons Ash would have caught by now, if the writers had allowed him to do the same thing as Goh does (since Ash had saved, helped and interacted with a lot of Wild Pokemons until now, but 97% of the time never caught them).
he'd caught a good chunk of Legendary Pokemons, maybe even a good Mythical Pokemon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It would have been a lot better if Ash didn't catch anything and just used his reserves in the beginning instead. I said this would happen, I'm just surprised that apparently even Lucario is affected by this (hopefully it stays that way, but I have a feeling it'll end up being shoved down our throats again soon)

UglyToast

It started to be a shame to have Goh always in the focus of Goh catching everything in the anime.

I think it would be better if they retired Ash, at least the audience for Ash
you know, they could've used this series as an opportunity without Ash but did they do that? No, because they are afraid of anime losing it's popularity, that's why they put Goh and Ash together.

They say this is a double protagonist series then either they should act like one or say that Ash is just there to be a mentor and this is the Goh's adventure.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think it’s because the vast majority of Ash’s team this season were already fully-evolved by the time he caught them, so there was no need for them to have screentime beyond fanservice. That’s probably why only Riolu and Farfetch’d got any form of development after being caught since they were the only ones who could evolve.
This is one thing I’ll always praise about Sun & Moon. Even with as large of a cast as we got, all of the bigger/fully evolved pokémon like Lycanroc & Turtonator had just as much focus or development as the unevolved ones did

charinija

Pokemon Master
you know, they could've used this series as an opportunity without Ash but did they do that? No, because they are afraid of anime losing it's popularity, that's why they put Goh and Ash together.

They say this is a double protagonist series then either they should act like one or say that Ash is just there to be a mentor and this is the Goh's adventure.

Ash is secondary and I'm uncomfortable seeing this. Goh takes precedence over the anime's story and history.

It catches every pokemon. This is becoming a very uncomfortable situation.

Goh can now defeat Ash with his strongest 6. And it did that in just 1 year.

It makes most sense for Ash to retire.

This is a high quality "filler" episode, even better than some rushed episodes like Alola one, the progression feels good, Goh understanding what happened in his environment and getting possibly his most deserved catch so far, it makes me think that it deserves a high rating, it seems a sequel to that episode of Absol in AG because Ash and Goh already knew that Absol did not cause catastrophes

9/10

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Is it bad that I hate Goh and the writers for not allowing Ash to catch anything even more now? I can think of at least a thousand ways to painfully torture them.
Anyone who is liking this post, I hope I don't come in contact with you irl. Liking posts such as these concerns me.