• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Detested Absol (1153)

This episode, from the part between going out to investigate the Absol thing to when Goh asks Hodge to look at the tablet oddly enough gave me some Mystery Dungeon DX vibes

The snow, the Absol, everything...

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
And once again Goh steals a Pokemon from Ash.
I'm ****ing sick of Ash getting jack while we get a Goh marathon every ****ing month!
2/10
Nice to know big time Shillmon like Lucario, Dragonite, and Gengar qualify as "jack".

Honestly I love to know what exactly does Goh have exactly that Ash current team doesn't already completely overshadow?

Because Lucario, Dragonite, and Gengar have been running the game for YEARS. They're some of the most iconic and well known Pokemon that people have wanted Ash to have for YEARS

What does Goh even have by comparison?

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Nice to know big time Shillmon like Lucario, Dragonite, and Gengar qualify as "jack".

Honestly I love to know what exactly does Goh have exactly that Ash current team doesn't already completely overshadow?

Because Lucario, Dragonite, and Gengar have been running the game for YEARS. They're some of the most iconic and we'll known Pokemon that people have wanted him to have for YEARS

What does Goh even have by comparison?
please don't say starters, please don't say starters

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Leonhart

Imagineer
And once again Goh steals a Pokemon from Ash.
I'm ****ing sick of Ash getting jack while we get a Goh marathon every ****ing month!
2/10

How did Gou "steal" a Pokemon that Satoshi clearly wasn't going to capture, regardless? And how can anyone criticize Satoshi for not capturing enough Pokemon when his team is already full and he caught his most recent Pokemon [Uonoragon] earlier this year?

I'm exasperated by the complaints about Gou catching Absol given that we're dealing with a character who we know by now is trying to capture every Pokemon in existence. My only critique about this episode and how the capture was handled revolves around the manner in which Absol was caught: I'm not a big fan of scenarios where characters form superficial bonds with wild Pokemon that we probably won't get to see that often in future episodes. I realize that it's happened before, but it feels increasingly contrived to me in recent times. If I had my way, Absol would've been caught by Gou without the added hoopla.

RafaSceptile

How did Gou "steal" a Pokemon that Satoshi clearly wasn't going to capture, regardless? And how can anyone criticize Satoshi for not capturing enough Pokemon when his team is already full and he caught his most recent Pokemon [Uonoragon] earlier this year?

I'm exasperated by the complaints about Gou catching Absol given that we're dealing with a character who we know by now is trying to capture every Pokemon in existence. My only critique about this episode and how the capture was handled revolves around the manner in which Absol was caught: I'm not a big fan of scenarios where characters form superficial bonds with wild Pokemon that we probably won't get to see that often in future episodes. I realize that it's happened before, but it feels increasingly contrived to me in recent times. If I had my way, Absol would've been caught by Gou without the added hoopla.
Wait, a character with catching every Pokémon as its Goal...captured a Pokémon?!?!? Unbelievable o_O

Now seriously, if people hate Goh that much and how he "steals" Pokémon, idk why they are still watching the show if he is going to "steal" Pokémon in most of the future episodes. It is torturing yourself

Decidueye23

Capturing to save from capture? That sounds like hypocrisy. Is Goh a hypocrite?

G. Farfetch'd casually destroy large boulders with leek. Does evolving to Sirfetch's reduce the leek's power?

Seems like the writers have lack of coordination when writting the episodes of Pokemon Journeys.
Naah. They needed something for plot sake so that absol would get involved. If lucario or sirfetchd broke the rock no reason for absol to appear and no capture. Other wise wouldnt dragonites hyper bem do the trick as well...

ShadowDragon16

Yes. We had a PWC match in ep 60. Now we are getting oncr in 65.
Oh that’s right, I forgot those were the only good episodes to come out of this series.

quite honestly these Goh capture episodes have not only become to frequent but they are extremely predictable and rather uninterestin.

I will wait for the day when he captures another pokemon by luck and when he gives the Pokémon a choice to stay or leave it destroys the poke ball and runs off

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
  • I liked how, for a split second just before the opening, Kikuna gave the boys/the audience a peace sign.
  • Grookey fist-bumping Hoji.
  • Hoji in general. Honestly I really liked him since his first episode, so I was glad to hear that he came back. Too bad he and Goh didn't retain that argumentative relationship from earlier.
  • Ash needs focus, but it makes sense for Goh to take the lead in this episode. They already established that he's good at solving mysteries and problems.
  • And it was nice seeing Absol's lore actually being utilized, instead of just being flavor text. We've seen it before, but it's always nice. And they handled it well, by giving the older people reasons to distrust Absol. The younger generation didn't fall for superstition and chose to believe in the Pokemon.
  • "What should we do, Go? Fallen trees our blocking the path!" "I have an idea, Ash! Instead of using your Dragonite or Gengar to fly us up or move the debris, let's waste precious time finding another route."
  • Ohhhh new music track! Right when they found the frozen hot spring crap. I really like it, too.
  • I liked the part where Trapinch was getting cold and Goh apologized to it. That was cute.
  • So how scientifically accurate it Go's eruption theory? It sounds solid, but this show also has a loose grasp on various sciences already.
  • Absol's voice is so stupid.
  • Was Absol always this big in the anime? I could have sworn they were smaller in Hoenn and Kalos. Idk.
  • Go caught a Pokemon to save it, ala Suicune. It was kind of lamer here since Suicune rebelled against Go and he actively had to win its trust. It wasn't an issue here, since Absol was trying to help everyone this whole time. But yeah, felt unnecessary. They could have just had him order Cinderace to save it, and it could ask to join his team out of gratitude.
  • They even pulled the "you're free to go" point. Though I guess that makes sense, since Go (usually) captures Pokemon in battles,, when they're aware.
  • So now that everything is said and done, where did the Ice Pokemon come from?
  • The preview for the next episode shows us Axew, who still hasn't evolved. ****. Just ****ing do it already, holy jeez. It's not like Iris doesn't have other Pokemon to be her cute mascot. It's not like it's doing anything interesting as an Axew. It's not like she appears enough for an evolution to change things.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I’m kinda wondering, this accident already happen a month why the flannery the lavaridge gym leader didn’t do anything, Isn’t that gym leader job to help Pokémon related problem ?

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
I’m kinda wondering, this accident already happen a month why the flannery the lavaridge gym leader didn’t do anything, Isn’t that gym leader job to help Pokémon related problem ?
Terrible writing from a company who only thinks about the cash shop income of a mobile game. We need an excuse to make Goh look good because he's the main protagonist who represents the Pokemon Go money. In order to do that, everyone else needs to be brought down a peg.

Writers probably didn't even know she exists. Goh's Pokeballs goes "brrr" is more important than plot.

Ryker101

Once again I wasn’t expecting Ash to get Absol at all, given how Infernape is literally returning a few episodes after. He’s got more than enough on his plate and I doubt Absol would do anything meaningful on his team (at least in the near future) aside from just looking cool on the posters. So I’m fine with Goh catching it in this instance.

UglyToast

Once again I wasn’t expecting Ash to get Absol at all, given how Infernape is literally returning a few episodes after. He’s got more than enough on his plate and I doubt Absol would do anything meaningful on his team (at least in the near future) aside from just looking cool on the posters. So I’m fine with Goh catching it in this instance.
That's one way to look at this episode and Absol Capture.

D

Deleted member 384931

I rewatched the Absol episode subbed. It is so boring to get through. It reminds me too much about the AG episode. I really wanna like it but I cant. 5/10.