• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Devolution of the internet.

Except in his post he suggests that this is having an effect on his life.

Darato

(o,..,o)
All he needs to do is not read it if it effects him to read it. Apart from spam and games we really don't have a lot of people talking like that in public on here so it isn’t that bad

L.F.D.

Darato

(o,..,o)
Just using sppf as an example It still applies.

If you see internet talk don’t read the thread. If you are talking with people using it don’t have talk with them.

L.F.D.

EnvyTheirGreed

Just keep swimming~
I think trolls are worth laughing at.

I sometimes emoticon spam though... or type "lol" and "xD". I think they're more classy than "HAHAH" etc.

Though... the memes bother the crap out of me.
"umad?" and "ujelly?" just really... really irritate me.

Arsène

I don't get it. You're complaining about the internet?

THE. INTERNET.

There's probably more people complaining about memes and trolls than there are trolls and people who use excessive meme references.

I wonder where's the "complaining" in my OP, I'm stating my opinion on the sheer amount of conformists on the internet, if you haven't noticed. But as expected, you didn't get it.

------------
"I intended to make my post unclear." Because...?

To get the exact kind of responses I was fishing for in this thread?

Anyway you should consider going to better forums, there are a lot of places where what you describe doesn't happen. If you meet people from a place where it does happen then generally speaking it's going to mean they bring up things that you dislike for some arbitrary reason in conversation.

There are better forums, yes. But unfortunately the few I've been lurking lately aren't usually of similar interest or just lack a certain "feeling" to it.

Ever considered that maybe you're overreacting a little bit to something that really has no impact on your life in the long run?

It doesn't have an impact, I don't get why you continue to suggest that it is or something. It's just plain annoying to see the obvious drones spread an even more annoying culture in excess on the internet. The same cardboard cutouts and "trolls" are pretty boring now. It's like the variety of personas went down the crapper once I became active online again.

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
It's like the variety of personas went down the crapper once I became active online again.
I have to giggle at this. I have to because you nailed it. LOL, I have watched Trolls on the net for oh man....over 10 years. I can't even remember how far back they go, and today they do the same things as back when AOL was the only way online!

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Though... the memes bother the crap out of me. "umad?" and "ujelly?" just really... really irritate me.

I agree, they say it like EVERY FIVE SECONDS to the point where it drives you insane

Those, "raeg", "Redundant meme is redundant" and "Haters gonna hate" are the ones that really annoy me, some memes, like LOLcats and Weegee, are good, but others get old quickly, like the ones I listed.....

Arsène

I agree, they say it like EVERY FIVE SECONDS to the point where it drives you insane

Those, "raeg", "Redundant meme is redundant" and "Haters gonna hate" are the ones that really annoy me, some memes, like LOLcats and Weegee, are good, but others get old quickly, like the ones I listed.....

Those kinds are usually used once said party has nothing better or original to say.

Although "I ain't even mad", is an appropriate response to the former.

Last edited:

Arsène

I'm tempted to post a certain image macro as someone can't seem to get it.

Perhaps this line can clarify it for you: "This has no particular effect on me in real life."

Stop suggesting that I'm banging my keyboard or some crap, because it isn't.

Edit: I'm going to assume you're referring to the "i mad" part of the OP's ending... -Roll eyes-

Last edited:

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
Honestly, you're looking into this too much. The Internet is indeed prone to "devolution," but:

a. It's operated by humans.
b. Humans are prone to taking the easy way out.

I actually legitimately have fun "enduring" memetic mutation and inside jokes. I think that, in this case, you need to loosen up a little and give up this fight. This won't just change just because you don't like it.

Or, to put it in simpler terms:

Are we not men?
WE ARE DEVO!
Are we not men?
D-E-V-O!

This could apply just as well to you.

That's right. Computers can't run on their own.