• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Differences Between Men & Women.

Sudo

pretty busy...
I don't understand... my friend thinks i'm stupid or something because I don't be all flirty around women, I treat them like any other person. Is this wrong of me...

I mean, other than the obvious physical differences, women ~ men... although men aren't as emotional, that's probably due to upbringing.

Chris

Old Coot
Nothing wrong with not treating people of another gender like objects.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
I'll be the first to say that's a load of crap, considering I'm short for my age, but my metabolism is quick as ****. >_>
Well as long as you know that metabolism isn't merely how many corn dogs can you stuff down at the fair. You must have an extreme workout, otherwise all that extra food energy will become nothing more than a steaming pile of dung. And then you're just pissing off mom.
Hakajin said:
Eh? Actually, it's the other way around. Smaller creatures have higher metabolisms and don't use energy as efficiently. They don't live as long for that reason. This has puzzled scientists for a long time, but some now think that it has to do with fractal geometry. As the body gets more complex, it's really just building on the same pattern, and it's more efficient.
You have to slow down a little. We can't compare the metabolisms of sloths to shrews here. Diet, body structure, environmental challenges, millions of individual barriers don't allow scientists to form generalizations in such a broad topic.

If we're gonna bring different species we have to see that small hummingbirds use a far larger percentage of energy to gather their food than a leopard does. But before take this into a very off direction, let's try to stick to one species ok? Obviously we know a big bear needs a greater amounts of energy to sustain its body's nutritional needs, nature also packed the bear with a bigger punch to make this task easier than its smaller comrades. The big bear isn't filled by one or two salmon as its smaller brethren, it has to continue hunting as well as expend more energy to get its remaining fill. Afterward it still needs more energy to replace what it's been using up.

Do you see how this works? That big bear not only ends up doing more work because just moving it's bigger limb consumes more energy, but in the end doing the greater effort chips away quicker at his bones and joints and his life ends sooner naturally. Pretty much a similar scenario in comparing healthy human bodies.

But anyway, putting that aside, the difference in size between the male and female body is too small to make a difference, anyway. Why Asians live longer has been a mystery for a long time, but most scientists think it has to do with diet. Now they think it might be because Asians eat lots of rice instead of bread like we do.
It's not such a mystery, most of the research and analysis has already been done. But I see you have it down already. Simply that data such as this isn't very mainstream and only researchers focusing on that subject really care. Maybe it'll make it to a TV special someday and then it'll be mainstream and make it to science books, until then it's only a matter of keeping updated.

Allow me to summarize (I don't think you want to read 20+ pages of Adobe garbage) some of the conclusions I've read: Eating abundant helpings of rice boosted the amount of insulin their bodies produced. Too much insulin became an obstacle to the growth hormone and shrunk them for a very long time as it became their staple food (compare Vietnamese and early Native Americans; similar genetics, different heights, different diets). South East Asian population exploded because of favorable conditions and limits on how much one could eat were placed. When males starve between ages 8-10 it alters the genetics for the offspring they'll have essentially stretching the lifespans of their children that they will live to a more prosperous time, for females this happens in the womb. And they did live on to pass these new gene codes for they adapted (children Africa face too many challenges to adapt in this age). Inherently small bodies and this 'code' gave them super lifespans. So if you are a small european individual, you'll find that your equal asian counterpart appears to develop slower, age slower.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
You have to slow down a little. We can't compare the metabolisms of sloths to shrews here. Diet, body structure, environmental challenges, millions of individual barriers don't allow scientists to form generalizations in such a broad topic.

If we're gonna bring different species we have to see that small hummingbirds use a far larger percentage of energy to gather their food than a leopard does. But before take this into a very off direction, let's try to stick to one species ok? Obviously we know a big bear needs a greater amounts of energy to sustain its body's nutritional needs, nature also packed the bear with a bigger punch to make this task easier than its smaller comrades. The big bear isn't filled by one or two salmon as its smaller brethren, it has to continue hunting as well as expend more energy to get its remaining fill. Afterward it still needs more energy to replace what it's been using up.

Yes, but in general, a large animal consumes less energy in proportion to its body size than a small animal does. Most small animals have to eat more frequently than big animals because they use energy faster. It doesn't have anything to do with how they get food or anything like that.

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
Men, in my opinion, are all homophobes.( except the gay ones) I went to a party where there was spin the bottle and when ever a girl would land on another girl, they would kiss. but when i guy got a guy the wimped out. all my girl-friends are pervs while my guy friends aren't.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Men, in my opinion, are all homophobes.( except the gay ones) I went to a party where there was spin the bottle and when ever a girl would land on another girl, they would kiss. but when i guy got a guy the wimped out. all my girl-friends are pervs while my guy friends aren't.

Way to generalize an entire gender. Some guys are just uncomfortable around stuff like that, while I'm not, and I'm sure others are not as well.

And I would love to see a gay homophobe.

dark rift

Woman start menstruation once they hit a certain weight...which I heard from somewhere.

Women are more careful, and nervous when driving then men.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
dark rift said:
Woman start menstruation once they hit a certain weight...which I heard from somewhere.

I'm almost certain that that's complete BS. Granted, they probably won't start if they weigh too little, but that's not the only problem it would cause.

Or, sticking with stereotypes, spacey and reckless (like applying makeup in the rear-view mirror).

Maruno

That's entirely the wrong conclusion to derive from your experience. I'm certainly not a homophobe, although I would be embarrassed about kissing another guy (but to be honest, that's probably primarily because I'm embarrassed about kissing anyone, whether in public or not).

It's also a part of a boy's upbringing that they should act tough and solitary and not show weakness. Girls don't have that, so naturally they're more at ease about being close to other girls.

Women have more car accidents, but those accidents are on the whole less severe than men's accidents. Little scuffs, a few scratches, that kind of thing.

That's certainly not always true, of course - coincidentally my father was involved in a car accident earlier today with a woman driver, and his car was written off (I don't know about the woman's car). It was the woman's fault the accident happened - she was swerving around.

My dad's fine, though. He should be home from hospital shortly.

dark rift

Women have more car accidents, but those accidents are on the whole less severe than men's accidents. Little scuffs, a few scratches, that kind of thing.

That's certainly not always true, of course - coincidentally my father was involved in a car accident earlier today with a woman driver, and his car was written off (I don't know about the woman's car). It was the woman's fault the accident happened - she was swerving around.

My dad's fine, though. He should be home from hospital shortly.

Accidents are more prone to happen when you're nervous. Just like with me when I do practicals in science >_<. Which is why women have more accidents I guess.

Also I think men are more paranoid about their looks then before. Although the media mainly focus on the fuss girls have with their looks.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Also I think men are more paranoid about their looks then before.
i find this hard to believe when women have hair, make-up, and hundreds of models to worry about.

Every person is different, of course , but I kind of get the impression that men tend to be better at science-based courses while women tend to be better at arts-based courses. This is based on the fact that my Physics 30 class was almost all male, while my English 30-1 AP class was almost all female.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Most woman worry too much about their hair unlike men

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
well their are a handful of differences between Males and females.
From what I understand, Females seem to be more self conscious about how they walk and talk more then men as they will more likely have surgery and go on diets to attract the opposite gender. Men seem to be more "rough" then females and seem to have more problems communicating to others.
of course their Tomboys and sissy's that switch the rules around.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Men seem to be more "rough" then females and seem to have more problems communicating to others.

I doubt that. It seems to me that males have more problems talking to people of the opposite sex. If a male is considered "tough," but surrounds himself with a lot of female friends, his friends could begin to label him and such.

Speaking of males interacting with members of the opposite sex, let's talk posessive relationships. Males are generally the people in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship who are more posessive and agressive towards the girlfriend's male friends. Note the "generally," there are quite a few posessive relationships in which the female is more posessive.

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
i actually disagree with that. females are very jelous. when i was dating i was jelous of my boyfirends neigbor.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I doubt that. It seems to me that males have more problems talking to people of the opposite sex. If a male is considered "tough," but surrounds himself with a lot of female friends, his friends could begin to label him and such.

I don't think so. You don't hear guys talking about relationships and personal problems much. They like to talk about sports and stuff. Or so I hear from the guys I know. And Dave Barry. He exaggerates most of the time, but not always.

Oh, and we also learned in one of my Psych. classes, I think it was Psych of Sexual Behavior, that men don't usually face each other when they talk. Women like to make eye contact, but men tend to look away.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
i actually disagree with that. females are very jelous. when i was dating i was jelous of my boyfirends neigbor.

As I said, males are generally more possessive than females are. Thus, it is a concept that doesn't always apply, and can work in the retrograde.