• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Differences Between Men & Women.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
women are smarter then men that I know, but men like cool things that I don't like and men takes things sericly and women don't but men are better at sports then women
Here's one thing I noticed with woman these days. They always think they're better. Superiority complex for some reason.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Here's one thing I noticed with woman these days. They always think they're better. Superiority complex for some reason.

If you mean that they're always responding to something about "women can't do this" with a comeback such as, "girls can do that better than boys can," then I understand. It could be that we males are always thought of as the "dominant" sex, though.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Really, a sizable amount of the girls that I know of my general age, are surpirsingly stupid and constantly chanting the chorus of "I Kissed a Girl". Smarter sex indeed.

I've also noticed that younger girls seem to unecessarily display their natural nuturistic characteristics in the oddest situations. I've seen instances where my sister's younger friends just pick out the most socially inept person in a group and, frankly, make them their bitch.

Pardon the language.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
^I've noticed that too, about the socially inept people. Every really popular girl has her own little dork/servant.

From my experience, girls are more black and white, so to speak, with their opinions. They either love it or hate it. With guys, it's acceptable for your opinion on something to be "kinda" or "sometimes" or "it depends"

But that's just what I've seen.

Last edited:

LuciRuki

Born This Way

Truthishly men tend to be more mathematically inclined. Can solve problems better, and are more independent.

Women are more inclined with english, grammar and literature, and are dependent on company. They like to do things as groups or so.

Both genders have upsides and downsides. Men are more horny, women are more emotional.

But then there are the exceptions, that the roles of genders can be switched.

-LuciRuki-

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I'd like to see where it says that homosexual men have less testosterone/more oestrogen. You're suggesting homosexuality is essentially a hormonal response. Unless I see some compelling evidence for that, I won't agree.

Traditional masculinity and femininity may be affected by hormones (particularly physical characteristics), but I don't think sexuality would be, at least certainly not to the same extent.

I'd have to get out my Psych. of Sexual Behavior Textbook... anyway, it's not just the horomones present in the body at the time, it's how the horomones affected the developing brain while the person was still a fetus. I could get out my book if you want, but I'd probably end up having to write an essay...

I agree here; sexuality is a mindset that can be affected by events in life, but hormones have little to do with it.

Environment is certainly an influence, but some people are definitely predispositioned to prefer their own sex. It almost never happens that a person is homosexually oriented from environmental circumstances alone.

If you mean that they're always responding to something about "women can't do this" with a comeback such as, "girls can do that better than boys can," then I understand. It could be that we males are always thought of as the "dominant" sex, though.

It's back lash to society's male preference. It's certainly a lot better today, and it's continuing to improve, but there's still some of it. That's not a good response, either, but that's why girls act like that, and why the media encourages them to do so.

Really, a sizable amount of the girls that I know of my general age, are surpirsingly stupid and constantly chanting the chorus of "I Kissed a Girl". Smarter sex indeed.

I've also noticed that younger girls seem to unecessarily display their natural nuturistic characteristics in the oddest situations. I've seen instances where my sister's younger friends just pick out the most socially inept person in a group and, frankly, make them their *****.

Pardon the language.

Hey, don't make judgements based on such a limited sample. Girls are still generally thought not to be as smart as guys. The effect is much less greater than it was in the past, but girls still suffer from stereotype threat in test taking. That means that they perform better when tested only with other girls than with boys and girls, since they don't feel like they're having to compete and validate themselves. This is also seen with ethnic minorities.

I guess girls do that because it's considered inappropriate for us to fight physically. If guys do it, it's normal, but it's "unladylike" for a girl. Of course, that assumption came from the stereotype that women are always kind and nurturing. Also, we don't have as much physical strength, but that doesn't seem to matter so much when facing an equal opponent. Anyway, we get angry and violent sometimes, too. The stereotype that we're always gentle is unfair. That's too high an expectation; girls are only human.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
You mean culturally enforced differences? If so, women tend to buy a lot more stuff in the pursuit of beauty than men ever would (I doubt men have makeup, jewelry, nail polish, and hair dye currently clogging up their room)

Profesco

gone gently
You mean culturally enforced differences? If so, women tend to buy a lot more stuff in the pursuit of beauty than men ever would (I doubt men have makeup, jewelry, nail polish, and hair dye currently clogging up their room)

*sighs*

Unless those men have little sisters who won't stay out of his room.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
You know, though, culturally enforced differences come from somewhere. I think it has to do with the fact that men prefer to have more partners than women. A man looks for lots of different women, so it's ok if he gets rejected occassionally. But a woman wants a partner who's going to stick around and help raise the kid, so she has to make herself look superior to keep him around. I think that's where it comes from, even if we don't think it through like that.

Profesco

gone gently
Profesco your sisters seem a bit young for beauty products

I've said that so many times it isn't funny anymore. o_o

Actually, you can tell they're still just little girls. I was looking for a brush in my youngest sister's (6) purse once, and I found two things:

1) A five-piece palette of glitter eye shadow/lip balm/something (I can never tell the difference.)

2) A set of those ugly fake teeth, with cavities and chocolate smudges and missing teeth.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Profesco your sisters seem a bit young for beauty products

I was at an elementary school today and passing by a group of kindergardeners, I noticed half the girls (and one boy) had some sort of makeup on.

Why would kids that young need makeup? Why I ask?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
They think it makes them look like teenagers. Which is ironic, because it's self-defeating. By looking desperate to be grown up, they actually look more childish. Especially since they choose the brightest shades they can find. Make up is supposed to enhance, not make you look like you're wearing make up. Geez.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I was at an elementary school today and passing by a group of kindergardeners, I noticed half the girls (and one boy) had some sort of makeup on.

Why would kids that young need makeup? Why I ask?

That leads into something else: females tend to be more pressured by what they see on signs/television than males. All this High School Musical crap is showing them all this makeup that high school girls wear, and they take it seriously. Younger females are especially pressured to look good if they see a picture of what today's men think that a beautiful woman is, and want to look that way for the males they consider "cute."

Profesco

gone gently
What is the "choking yourself for pleasure" thing?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Then how did the "choking yourself for pleasure" thing come about with grade school boys?

Ah yes, autoerotic asphyxiation. I'm not going there
The point is that when women feel this intense need to be sexy, products sell really well. Hence the hugeness of the fashion, diet, skin and haircare, and cosmetic industries

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
What is the "choking yourself for pleasure" thing?

Young boys around 5th grade started choking themselves to the point where they would almost pass out, just for the pleasure. Again, why? There's much better ways to feel good. (No, not masturbation)

Can't they do what I did and not start the self-abuse until around age 14.