• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Differences Between Men & Women.

Rave

Banned
Men go to work all day long, bring the bread to the table, sit down watch tv and guzzle down a beer undisturbed as the king of the household. The women are to be housewives and be subjected to serving the man in many various possible ways, care for the children, the house and make the man's life easier, as God intended it.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Men go to work all day long, bring the bread to the table, sit down watch tv and guzzle down a beer undisturbed as the king of the household. The women are to be housewives and be subjected to serving the man in many various possible ways, care for the children, the house and make the man's life easier, as God intended it.

Well God did knock up a woman and never talk to her again.

Valkyrie X

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think they are beautiful. ;)

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Young boys around 5th grade started choking themselves to the point where they would almost pass out, just for the pleasure. Again, why? There's much better ways to feel good. (No, not masturbation)

Can't they do what I did and not start the self-abuse until around age 14.

No one I knew in fifth grade did that. . . I was in a pretty small school though.
Can we try to steer away from religious stuff here, plz?
Another difference- Girls can act "boyish" as much as they want, and it won't be considered a bad thing to most people. It can even be attractive. Guys however, can't do anything girl-oriented without their sexuality being questioned.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think they are beautiful. ;)

Seen it, threw up because of it. This woman was a monster.

Korusan

Banned
Alot of women I know are geniuses - far superior in intellect than the men that go to my school. That said, there are plenty of idiot girls there which just want to marry someone rich and take the easy way out of life.

It seems that women in the last 40-50 years have evolved on the whole. Back in the 60s, it was okay if you told a group of females that "men think, women feel". Nowadays you'll more than likely get a slap across the face.

Still, the law seems biased to women at times, even today. If a man walks around naked in his home and a women sees him, it's called indecent exposure. If a women walks around naked in her home and a man sees her, he's a peeping tom.

Profesco

gone gently
Young boys around 5th grade started choking themselves to the point where they would almost pass out, just for the pleasure. Again, why? There's much better ways to feel good. (No, not masturbation)

Can't they do what I did and not start the self-abuse until around age 14.

I want to second your query for an answer to this. Autoerotic, platypus? This sounds awfully sketchy. This is something boys do, and not girls? As much of prude as I admittedly am, I think masturbation is still preferrable...

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I want to second your query for an answer to this. Autoerotic, platypus? This sounds awfully sketchy. This is something boys do, and not girls? As much of prude as I admittedly am, I think masturbation is still preferrable...

Though it was on South Park, I believe the "Cheesing" episode had the principal speaking about the boys specifically choking themselves to get high.

When men get in a fight they brutally beat the crap out of each other until one of them quickly dies on the floor.

When women get in a fight they emotionally destroy each other over a long period of time until one of them wants to die.

Aren't gender stereotypes fun ;D

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Valkryie- What man are you referring to that has a bald head and a beer guts who think they are beautiful? I know if I was bald and fat then I wouldn't consider myself beautiful. Although it possible to be hot with bald hair, many men have proben that, just as long as they have a cute face and body.

...Yes I ama guy and straight, actually that kind of comment people would think I am gay, but if a women says it about another women then they can't possible be a lesbian.

Maruno

Still, the law seems biased to women at times, even today. If a man walks around naked in his home and a women sees him, it's called indecent exposure. If a women walks around naked in her home and a man sees her, he's a peeping tom.
I think that too, and it's not just about the law. Women seem to react more to smaller instances of being belittled (I don't know how else to put it) because of their gender than men do. Men don't really care if they're described as a Neanderthal, but women will start throwing fits if they, in a group of people of both genders, are asked to get some food/drinks.

Just as men doesn't care so much what they're called, they don't consider what they say is that offensive. They consider most of their comments to be jokes, and they're honestly not intended as anything more than that. Women, however, will take these comments too seriously. For example, the phrase "pretty little head" will cause your face to be hit, however it's meant.

It's overcompensation, I think, on women's part. They feel a huge need to try to make themselves appear equal to men, and often superior to them, and that need is only boosted by society. Nowadays we're pretty gender-equal, I feel, but women still consider themselves the underdogs because that's what they were in the past. Overcompensation. And it bugs me how women are trying to change their stereotype to, "we're just better than men at everything", but they can't recognise they're overdoing it.

I'm obviously generalising here. I think we can agree that, as Pokémon fans on the Interweb, we're not exactly examples of "the average person", and we're unlikely to know such examples because they're too different to us. Saying "none of my friends are like that" likely means nothing.

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
I'd have to get out my Psych. of Sexual Behavior Textbook... anyway, it's not just the horomones present in the body at the time, it's how the horomones affected the developing brain while the person was still a fetus. I could get out my book if you want, but I'd probably end up having to write an essay...

I'd be interested to read that, frankly; which textbook are you going off of?

You know, though, culturally enforced differences come from somewhere. I think it has to do with the fact that men prefer to have more partners than women. A man looks for lots of different women, so it's ok if he gets rejected occassionally. But a woman wants a partner who's going to stick around and help raise the kid, so she has to make herself look superior to keep him around. I think that's where it comes from, even if we don't think it through like that.

I do agree with this. In terms of evolutionary psychology--there is no evolutionary advantage for a man to have one partner. If he has genes that women deem worth reproducing, it is to the advantage of those genes that he attempt to reproduce them as often as possible. Whereas for a woman, for whom there is an advantage to have a partner for support and protection while she's pregnant, there is a definite need to have one person around. That's why the release of oxytocin in females tends to cause the desire to cuddle; it's about physical closeness. In men there's no such need, so they just go to sleep.

I think that too, and it's not just about the law. Women seem to react more to smaller instances of being belittled (I don't know how else to put it) because of their gender than men do. Men don't really care if they're described as a Neanderthal, but women will start throwing fits if they, in a group of people of both genders, are asked to get some food/drinks.

For the same reason that those of ethnic minorities tend to be more sensitive to what they perceive as slights based on their race. If you as a culture have been indoctrinated to know that your culture was poorly treated in the past but that now things are better [insert reasons why here] you will be more likely to attribute a slight, perceived or real, to a cultural basis rather than a personal one. In the same vein, that's one of the reasons that several posters have mentioned women "overcompensating" with the "anything you can do I can do better"--because they've been brought up to be aware that "things were different back then."

Of course, until I read that people were actually using some science and psychology to make their points in this thread, I was just going to respond by citing the answer that Winston Churchill provided when he was asked "What is the difference between men and women?"

He pondered a moment and then answered "I can't conceive."

Kabuto

little punks!
Women talk more. There I said it.

In all seriousness, my main complaint with women lies in the fact that many waste their time trying to be beautiful. See, I can never stay with anyone high maintenence. Those types automatically think they're better because they put the effort into making themselves look better, when they could be using that time to better themselves mentally.

In fact, I have a whole laundry list of what I want in a woman. Hence why chances are I will never get married.

1) No high maintenence. I addressed this.
2) Keep talking to a minimum. Using phrases like "OMG" and "like" repeatedly annoys me
3) No self mutilation. Meaning piercings (including earrings) and tattoos are undesirable. Unless they really regret it, and even so, it'd have to be a minimum.
4) No religion. They have to accept the fact that a grim future awaits us. No seriously, religious types are incompatible with me.
5) Hot. Like, Samus Aran hot. Naturally though.
6) Be as emotionless as possible.
7) Be interested in cool things. Like video games, movies, books, sex, etc.

Hah, if there is a single female left after this list, bring her to me. Otherwise, I'll have to stick to masterbation.

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Women talk more. There I said it.

In all seriousness, my main complaint with women lies in the fact that many waste their time trying to be beautiful. See, I can never stay with anyone high maintenence. Those types automatically think they're better because they put the effort into making themselves look better, when they could be using that time to better themselves mentally.

In fact, I have a whole laundry list of what I want in a woman. Hence why chances are I will never get married.

1) No high maintenence. I addressed this.
2) Keep talking to a minimum. Using phrases like "OMG" and "like" repeatedly annoys me
3) No self mutilation. Meaning piercings (including earrings) and tattoos are undesirable. Unless they really regret it, and even so, it'd have to be a minimum.
4) No religion. They have to accept the fact that a grim future awaits us. No seriously, religious types are incompatible with me.
5) Hot. Like, Samus Aran hot. Naturally though.
6) Be as emotionless as possible.
7) Be interested in cool things. Like video games, movies, books, sex, etc.

Hah, if there is a single female left after this list, bring her to me. Otherwise, I'll have to stick to masterbation.

So basically you don't want a person with thoughts and feelings and opinions. You want the equivalent of a blowup doll

Ryan!!!!

I'll try not to be too blunt...

They both have different "special" parts.

Women tend to worry about their looks more than men do. Especially the teens.

Men have bigger muscles/bodies than women do... we also have to wash our hair more then they do.

And woman take forever when shopping... It can even be groceries. "This one says the best toilet paper in town... This one says the best toilet paper around..."

WRONG im i worry about my looks, coz i look AWSOME lol