• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Differences Between Men & Women.

icewolf741

Lucario Trainer
Well, men are supposed to be better at spacial reasoning, and women are supposed to be better at linguistic skills. Women have had to rely on communication more for survival, to compensate for less phyical strength, so that makes sense. Also, men have more iron deposits in their noses, and these deposits act as tiny compasses. They work more on an instinctual level, though. I've heard that the reason men are stereotyped as getting lost is that they place too much confidence in their internal direction than they should because of that.

Also, men are supposed to take direction more from names and maps, and women form landmarks. I know that's true for me, at least.

The thing about spacial reasoning is true. I read an article that stated the men are inherently better at rotating objects in space *in their minds*. It also stated that girls who play video games can improve their ability to rotate objects in space. *It didn't say if it had the same affect on boys thou*

Women have much better memory for conversations.

I know many many many guys that are incredibly sensitive, but they handle their emotions differently. A girl is more likely to become all huffy and not talk when angry, cry and ask millions of questions when worried or upset, become all clingy when scared etc. While the guy expresses his feelings in much subtler ways. *Comparing myself to my boyfriend this is VERY VERY true-there are prolly exceptions of course*

Profesco

gone gently
EmpressMyuu, I can relate to what you're talking about. I also rather disdain the idea that all men are terrible listeners. The way you describe your guys friend's form of listening/advice-giving is pretty much what I do and experience with my male friends. Girls are too quick to talk, according to my experience.

I can hang out with my cousins and have a fine time without having to say a word. It always seems though, that with girls, I have to be consistently speaking or commenting on what they're speaking about.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I love all the kids on here who think somehow women have this biological imperative to like fashion, while men are born loving video games. Social structure appears to mean nothing

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
On the flip side, however, the majority of males are usually very cluttered and unorganized. However, females are usually organized, and can conflict with males over organization. You are right, though, when you say that females can have their "messes." From my experience, most girls/women I know act as if it is anathema when comparing it to their organization.
You obviously didn't catch what I was saying. I used "bloody mess" and "once a month" for a reason. :p

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I love all the kids on here who think somehow women have this biological imperative to like fashion, while men are born loving video games. Social structure appears to mean nothing

It's those damn 4chaners. They're the root of this twisted scheme.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I know many many many guys that are incredibly sensitive, but they handle their emotions differently. A girl is more likely to become all huffy and not talk when angry, cry and ask millions of questions when worried or upset, become all clingy when scared etc. While the guy expresses his feelings in much subtler ways. *Comparing myself to my boyfriend this is VERY VERY true-there are prolly exceptions of course*

Well, guys aren't really allowed to show emotion. They get mocked if they do. It makes me feel kind of bad for them. I couldn't do it.

Anyway... more guys do play video games, but that's because they're mostly marketed to guys. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that guys are more competitive with things like fighting and sports, which are what video games tend to focus around. With fashion... I think the desire to look good has evolved in women to help them keep men around, so that would explain that.

Oh, but girls and guys often have trouble communicating when a girl's complaining about a problem. The guy always wants to help solve the problem, but the girl just wants him to listen. It can end up in a fight.

Kabuto

little punks!
Well, guys aren't really allowed to show emotion. They get mocked if they do. It makes me feel kind of bad for them. I couldn't do it.

This is true. But women are more emotional, so guys can have some control. And most of the time, we don't want to show emotion. A lot of us view emotion as a sign of weakness.

Anyway... more guys do play video games, but that's because they're mostly marketed to guys. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that guys are more competitive with things like fighting and sports, which are what video games tend to focus around. With fashion... I think the desire to look good has evolved in women to help them keep men around, so that would explain that.

Well the DS and Wii have marketed to women. I'm the type of guy that prefers action adventure games, fighting and sports don't appeal to me at all.

You obviously didn't catch what I was saying. I used "bloody mess" and "once a month" for a reason

When I first discovered what they were, I avoided girls for like a week.

Maruno

This is true. But women are more emotional, so guys can have some control. And most of the time, we don't want to show emotion. A lot of us view emotion as a sign of weakness.
I think for me it's more a case of I just don't feel like breaking off into emotions. They're fiddly little things that often just get in the way.

I think the "men = computer games" thing might have something to do with the spatial awareness thing. The average man has a better spatial awareness (which is also why men are better drivers - see below), so they tend to be better at computer games. Perhaps.

Driving. Stereotypically women are bad drivers. It had been statistically shown that men have fewer car accidents than women, but men's accidents tend to be a bit more serious (bumper falling off, compared to a scratch or two, that kind of thing).

Does anyone else know about Diamond Car Insurance? That's blatantly sexist. They'll only insure women drivers. If men had something like that (Pint 'n' Chips Car Insurance) they'd just be shouted at (by the women). Men, we don't make so much of a fuss about things.

There may not be a biological drive behind women being attracted to clothes and shoes and spending 3 hours getting ready for a date, but it's all over the place in society, in films and in watching their mothers and older sisters essentially playing with face paints. Women are thus almost made to think they should paint their faces and wear low-cut tops to be pretty (every woman should want to be pretty, says society).

When, then, if a women wears a revealing top/blouse/whatever it's called, do they then not want men to stare about 6 inches below their face? Contrary to popular female belief, men can concentrate on the conversation while not looking at the woman's face. And she chose to wear the top, knowing full well how revealing it is, so they have almost no right to be angry when someone actually takes a look.

Token

Women cant seem to go to the bathroom without taking a friend along. Is this like a buddy system in case of raep, or is there no reason?

bobjr

Staff member
Women cant seem to go to the bathroom without taking a friend along. Is this like a buddy system in case of raep, or is there no reason?

I hear they enjoy conversation in the restroom. I also hear strange voices, so I could be wrong.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i think guys and girls are equal when it comes to caring,
you see they often say that man are more aggressive then women and that women are more caring when it coms to social since it's in their nature but the reason why man are more violent in their nature is because it was designed to protect their beloved women, they can react aggresive to other things as well but i am convinced that it's designed for protection of women because they are less when it comes to body strength.
boys and girls are just like the ying and the yang, although modern science can create babies from hair and women only women still need the boys for protection.

Ayindree

Deviously deviant
The female voice is harder to decipher then the male voice.

I guess that's why so many wives complain that their husband isn't listening to them. xD

dark rift

I don't think people/societies are as strict about that as they used to be, since you see males shedding tears of joy all the time.

And apparently woman are more careful/nervous drivers then men.

pirate555

Word.
This used to happen in my friendship group in the lower years of high school. I think it was an issue of the school toilets being horrendous, and needing some sort of support system to deal with the mess, the groups of smokers and the girls who would bang on cubicle doors as their form of fun. Having a bathroom buddy was a must, especially when the smokers set off the smoke alarm and ran out, because as the guilty-looking people two people can argue their innocence better than one.

Does anyone else know about Diamond Car Insurance? That's blatantly sexist. They'll only insure women drivers. If men had something like that (Pint 'n' Chips Car Insurance) they'd just be shouted at (by the women). Men, we don't make so much of a fuss about things.

I think this is a case of history.Whilst it's not a good enough excuse anymore, women mainly had it rougher than men in the past, so anti-feminist policies would uncover old pro-feminist sentiments. I'm not going to go too deep into this though, because solid debating isn't one of my strong points :p

And apparently woman are more careful/nervous drivers then men.
Perhaps there are some statistics for this, but I can vouch that the girls I know who drive wouldn't make the care/nervous category. Two of them zone out whilst driving, the other one is ultra-aggressive o_o

I think the "men = computer games" thing might have something to do with the spatial awareness thing. The average man has a better spatial awareness (which is also why men are better drivers - see below), so they tend to be better at computer games. Perhaps.
I don't know about this one, most computer games tend to appeal more towards guys, and in society it's sometimes seen as a masculine leaning if a girl (like myself) plays computer games. As a result there are more male gamers than female gamers, and perhaps this results in males being better at computer games. Besides, even if males have better spatial awareness, a lot of games rely on strategy, or speed, so you couldn't make a judgement on male gaming skills versus female gaming skills on spatial awareness alone.

Inicdentally, whilst men appear to have a better sense of direction, women generally have better peripheral vision than men, so we can see what's coming from behind more easily :p
Pirate

bobjr

Staff member
If the 4Channers had their choice, all women would be brutally raped and murdered. The lot of them are quite bitter (I suspect its cause they can't get dates)

The world would be a sad, sad place.

I believe I read somewhere that women get in more car accidents than men, but the margin isn't that wide.

Peter Quill

star-lord
The world would be a sad, sad place.

I believe I read somewhere that women get in more car accidents than men, but the margin isn't that wide.

Probably because the amount of teenagers that feel the urge to Chat on there cellphones with there friends.

Guys as far as I know dont use there cellphones as often.

ironknight42

"Women cant seem to go to the bathroom without taking a friend along. Is this like a buddy system in case of raep, or is there no reason?"
Well the truth is only the people who do that know why they do it are the people who did it we had to write papers about weird things about the other sex and that was the number one thing that came up...the paper was for fun because we finished some stuff way ahead of time.