• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Differences Between Men & Women.

Ethan

Banned
I thought it would be kind of cool to have a little battle of the sexes here. The topic of discussion is simple. Talk about the funny or weird differences between men and women. Or even possibly what annoys you about the opposite gender.

Well one obvious thing that you hear lots of comedians comment on, is that for the most part women simply have a more complicated train of thought than men do. Going to the store for example. A mans mind set is usually a long the lines of "Get in, get what I need, and get the hell out." yet a woman will go and browse and look at stuff that she'll never buy in a million years, considering all the stuff that she "could need." That's why I never go shopping with women. =P

So, let the sexism begin!

Warning: Any posts that point out the obvious biological differences will be infracted or worse.

Cavan_II

"Dark Lightning"
Hmm... Shall I break a little more ice?

There are these sayings that my father said to me. They go:
A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until she gets a wife.

And:
A man will pay $2 for a $1 item.
A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need.

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
Well, one difference is how we deal with emotional issues. Example, guys tend to shrug off stuff that makes them mad, but if we do get mad, we kick the crap out of each other. Girls tend to get way hypersensitive about issues. I know my sis does.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Here's an interesting little tid-bit I recently found out about the sexes and map reading/directions.

A woman has to turn a map so that what they see on the map is all in the right direction to the street they are in (if that made any sense) in order to determine if the turn they have to make is a right or left turn.

Men however can just look at the map no matter which way it is and figure out whether the turn they'll make will be a left turn or a right turn.

Perhaps not quite what Babs was thinking of, but an interesting fact about the differences in our brains nonetheless ;)

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
A woman has to turn a map so that what they see on the map is all in the right direction to the street they are in (if that made any sense) in order to determine if the turn they have to make is a right or left turn.

Men however can just look at the map no matter which way it is and figure out whether the turn they'll make will be a left turn or a right turn.

Well, men are supposed to be better at spacial reasoning, and women are supposed to be better at linguistic skills. Women have had to rely on communication more for survival, to compensate for less phyical strength, so that makes sense. Also, men have more iron deposits in their noses, and these deposits act as tiny compasses. They work more on an instinctual level, though. I've heard that the reason men are stereotyped as getting lost is that they place too much confidence in their internal direction than they should because of that.

Also, men are supposed to take direction more from names and maps, and women form landmarks. I know that's true for me, at least.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Women have a better peripheral vision that helps them to see what’s happening around the house, to spot an approaching danger, to notice changes in the children’s behavior and appearance, Also women’s brains are able to decipher a wider range of information

Men’s brains are programmed to hunting, which explains their narrow range of vision, Also men tend to retain a firm sense of direction – they need to trace the game, catch it, and find the way home.

Interesting huh?

One more for the road
Men when looking for the opposite sex tend to (more often then not) go for how a woman looks rather then her personality, while women look for men who look strong/are strong and who look like they carry good genes.

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
I actually disagree with generalising about the the mind structure of men and women. By what the research says, I am basically a "lesser girl" due to my skill in languages and my lack of spacial prowess. I'd like to believe that all brains are different, regardless of gender. This kind of topic makes me feel useless. :(

Girls have this funny sense of going to the toilet every 5 minutes.

Girls also have a funny sense that they just have new shoes every month.

treespyro

Vintage much?
This is from Miss Universe 2008

"Men always go to the straight point while women choose another way, while fixing each point along the way"

Yeah..I don't get it

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Girls have this funny sense of going to the toilet every 5 minutes.

Girls also have a funny sense that they just have new shoes every month.

I hate to burst your bubble, but not all girls like shoes and go to the toilet every five minutes, Infact numerous women i know dislike shoes, and are just practical about what they wear meaning they don't buy new clothes all the time, only when they need them.
It's stuff like this that is sexist, it's like me saying all men sit in front of the telly watching football and drinking beer, which they don't.

Anyway, back on subject.

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
That was some serious SPAM. Anyway, I have one unrelated to brain differences:

If a woman slaps a man in public, or snaps at him, she is always, ALWAYS, in the right.
If a man just shouts at a women in public, even if he doesn't lay a finger on her, he must be abusive.

treespyro

Vintage much?
This is from Miss Universe 2008

"Men always go to the straight point while women choose another way, while fixing each point along the way"

Yeah..I don't get it

I get it now..Yeah Men like me tend to go for the end result and Women take there time to do each thing one by one.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I actually disagree with generalising about the the mind structure of men and women. By what the research says, I am basically a "lesser girl" due to my skill in languages and my lack of spacial prowess. I'd like to believe that all brains are different, regardless of gender. This kind of topic makes me feel useless.

It's not just generalizing, it's been studied multiple times. It doesn't say men are less, it says that women, on average, are a little better at language. Men tend to be a little better with spatial reasoning. All brains are different, but gender is one factor involved. Horomones involved in gender strongly affect the brain. That's why men tend to be more aggressive than men. A woman who has excess estrogen will show the same trait, and someone on steroids will show excess agression. Also, it's been found that homosexual men have brain structure more similar to women due to lack of testosterone. It doesn't mean that one's better than the other, they're just different. And the differences in language and stuff aren't that big, and not universal. It's just in general.

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
It's not just generalizing, it's been studied multiple times. It doesn't say men are less, it says that women, on average, are a little better at language. Men tend to be a little better with spatial reasoning. All brains are different, but gender is one factor involved. Horomones involved in gender strongly affect the brain. That's why men tend to be more aggressive than men. A woman who has excess estrogen will show the same trait, and someone on steroids will show excess agression. Also, it's been found that homosexual men have brain structure more similar to women due to lack of testosterone. It doesn't mean that one's better than the other, they're just different. And the differences in language and stuff aren't that big, and not universal. It's just in general.

It is generalising, I have a book on it (Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps) and even the authors say it's essentially generalising, because not all women are good at language, and not all men have good spacial reasoning. It's not that one is better, it's just that I disagree with study like this because it could affect jobs, if we're not careful. What if people started taking this "harmless" study to the next level? Consider what would happen if it was taken seriously: a man wants a job requiring great linguistic skill and is turned down because women (and gay men) are "generally" better than men at linguistics. Women artists become obsolete because men are, "on average", better. And the same goes for homosexual people, just with roles reversed.

More than anything, this stuff will give me an inferiority complex. I rest my case.

Last edited:

Evanarios

...yep
Ugh... There is no Female Evanarios, but once there is Men and Women will be equal.

Oh yeah, Women have boobs(I'm just kidding, calm down)

Women are raised different and end up having different morals and Point of View. :O

Good ay!

~Evanarios

Last edited:

Brumrha

Banned
Hmmm... where should I start?

Women for the most part have a lot on their minds, & are most likely to speak those thoughts out to their family & friends; thus, there are a lot of women that talk a lot more than men. Of course that's just my opinion...

When someone actually have thoughts about taking their own lives, even though women actually attempt suicide more than men, they actually choose less lethal approaches. They are also more willing to talk about what's troubling them. Men will most likely just go for something they know will kill them, most likely a gun, & just go from there, which is why men are more susceptible to suicide.

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Prelude

Prelude
It is generalising, I have a book on it (Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps) and even the authors say it's essentially generalising, because not all women are good at language, and not all men have good spacial reasoning. It's not that one is better, it's just that I disagree with study like this because it could affect jobs, if we're not careful. What if people started taking this "harmless" study to the next level? Consider what would happen if it was taken seriously: a man wants a job requiring great linguistic skill and is turned down because women (and gay men) are "generally" better than men at linguistics. Women artists become obsolete because men are, "on average", better. And the same goes for homosexual people, just with roles reversed.

More than anything, this stuff will give me an inferiority complex. I rest my case.

Okay first, authors aren't scientists. Second, "not all" doesn't mean that it's a big portion. If 99% of all birds have wings, then you might as well just say they all do. Third, when you apply for a job, they're not gonna turn you down because you're a man or whatever. They're going to see if you're good enough to work for them. Lastly, women artists becoming obsolete is just bs.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I don't want to say this thread is a load of manure, but seriously... each person is a indivdual...

I can read a map, I can even look at one (upside up) for a couple minutes, then follow it days later without the map acturally being present. I hate buying shoes, and shopping in general. Unless it's an electronics store my main objective is to get out.

The real reason there are less Female artists that male one is that myth, which goes back hundreds of years, and keeps female artist from getting jobs. So whoever brought that one up is living in the dark ages. I know lots of women who have huge artistic skill, but can't get a job thanks to the myth, while several less stilled male artists are employed.

Of course this topic is going to bring up controversy. So far as social norms, we still do get treated diffrent. ^All of the posts above tell the reasons why.^