• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Differences Between Men & Women.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
For me, I find women to be a little more catty then men. So, the fights are a lot more juicier. While men just throw down in front of everyone and their friends the next few days. But, that's just personal experience.

I also found girls are hell of alot easier to talk to then boys. Guys seem to always have judgements about other people while girls don't.

According to this thread I have a mind of a women >.> But, I'm a guy.

dark rift

I also found girls are hell of alot easier to talk to then boys. Guys seem to always have judgements about other people while girls don't.

I'm a guy.

QFT.

Yeah, I never understood why girls are easier to talk to over men..
I was thinking it's because they're more chatty in general, since it is usually difficult to have a guy to guy conversation unless it's about girlz or other sexual stuff. Which gets boring after a while anyway.

Last edited:

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
Okay first, authors aren't scientists. Second, "not all" doesn't mean that it's a big portion. If 99% of all birds have wings, then you might as well just say they all do. Third, when you apply for a job, they're not gonna turn you down because you're a man or whatever. They're going to see if you're good enough to work for them. Lastly, women artists becoming obsolete is just bs.
The authors had studied the subject, in case you wanted to know. Anyway, I believe that it is morally wrong to seriously read into this because it creates division out of something which is just, as I said, generalisation. 99%? Don't be ridiculous, that's entirely unrelated. This research finds common trends within women and men and compiles them. For example, it says that boys mostly enjoy sports more than girls because it's a modern equivalent of the daily hunting for food in humanity's early days, a practise inscribed in their brains. In theory, that's true. In practise, it's BS. Almost all the girls I know love playing sports, and play football (not American) whenever they get the chance. I almost don't play sports at all, and I have friends who do the same thing. All the people I know, intimately or not, are diverse and different, there is no one who acts exactly like this study suggests. I sincerely doubt that 99% of men play sports, don't listen when people talk, act macho and alpha male, and prefer crisps to chocolate. This "research" is being treated more and more seriously, when it is essentially, a scientific joke. These brain trends are not in every girl, or every boy. And with people believing like this stuff is entirely true, the "perfect" future society might be developed with gender elite jobs. The more "research" that we get, the more people become interested, the more likely it seems to me that a divisive society like that could exist.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
He was using 99% as an example. He was only saying that it doesn't matter that it's not every single person, just the majority. The people you know don't make a random sampling, either. You're taking this too seriously. Even scientists agree that the difference is very small and doesn't make much of a difference. It's not going to affect job bias.

Maruno

I thought it would be kind of cool to have a little battle of the sexes here. The topic of discussion is simple. Talk about the funny or weird differences between men and women. Or even possibly what annoys you about the opposite gender.
That's what this thread is about. A nice fun light-hearted chat about differences, stereotypes and things that bother you about a gender.

I'm a man, but I navigate more by remembering my experience of taking that route before ("I feel like I turn left here by the swimming pool, wherever here is", rather than "Dewey Street, left"). I can read maps just fine. I haven't travelled much so far in my life, so my sense of direction and such is not a great example.

Oh, and that thing with the iron in the nose being used as a compass, that's rubbish. I can't tell where north is at all with it. I do know I'm facing west at the moment, with north to my right, because I once looked at a map and I know where north is in relation to my house. I think the "male guidance system" thing stems more from men wanting to get to the final destination while women tend to wander around, and some 16th century "science" tried to explain this with "more nasal iron".

Comedians have always loved to talk about men and women, and relationships and all that jazz. Some are good, some are bad, some are crude, some are rude. I like this clip of Dylan Moran. He's hilarious, and does say some good stuff between the jokes. Have a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdrVkPBy5nw

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I'll try not to be too blunt...

They both have different "special" parts.

Women tend to worry about their looks more than men do. Especially the teens.

Men have bigger muscles/bodies than women do... we also have to wash our hair more then they do.

And woman take forever when shopping... It can even be groceries. "This one says the best toilet paper in town... This one says the best toilet paper around..."

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
I've never been shopping with a man who dawdled during the trip. It's always my Gramma, mom, or aunts who take 5+ hours each trip.

Especially my mom. She'll head into the store looking for about ten things and come out with twenty extra items and 100 less dollars.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh, and that thing with the iron in the nose being used as a compass, that's rubbish. I can't tell where north is at all with it. I do know I'm facing west at the moment, with north to my right, because I once looked at a map and I know where north is in relation to my house. I think the "male guidance system" thing stems more from men wanting to get to the final destination while women tend to wander around, and some 16th century "science" tried to explain this with "more nasal iron".

No, it's there, it's just not very reliable. But you're probably right about men just wanting to look in control of the situation instead of asking for direction.

Night_Umbreon

Oh god! The imagery!
Fact(Apparently): A man's romantic intrest in a woman is based on roughly 80% appearance and 20% personality. While a woman's romantic intrest in a man is based on 20% appearance and 80% personality. Not sure if that's true or not, anybody want to confirm/deny that?

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
He was using 99% as an example. He was only saying that it doesn't matter that it's not every single person, just the majority. The people you know don't make a random sampling, either. You're taking this too seriously. Even scientists agree that the difference is very small and doesn't make much of a difference. It's not going to affect job bias.
I wasn't just talking about those that I know, any given person has a mixture of skills - that's undeniable.

Anyway, you're missing the point. My point is that everyone seems to believe that it is serious. People I know are happy to trust in this stuff, and stereotype others because of this "research". My linguistic ability, one of my only skills, is put down by my peers, who know about this research, merely because, according to these studies, girls are better naturally at it. I'm left feeling useless. According to tests based on the neurology research, I should be gay! I have little spacial reasoning, talk a heck of a lot, am a chocoholic and am good at language. Why am I not? Because I don't need to be a woman, or gay, to be the way I am. Job bias is an extreme version of this, true, but the point stands - they is more than two types of human personality. Moreover, I find it morally wrong to make jokes about it, as it does little but promote this behaviour.

And I don't care how small the difference is. It stills say "You fail at life," to me. I'd like to see how you feel when someone shrugs you off as a "lesser boy."

Xenieon

mainly a Gen IV player
Men are more dominantly-acting and warlike. They are also less social. Also, they have a lower chance of getting depressed and higher chances of making jokes. They're not that serious, and don't get angered easily, but when they do, you better watch out! They're also not very organized and neat, and aren't very obedient all the time; they like being the leader. They're also able to protect themselves better.

Women have a very high chance of following men(not obeying, but acting somewhat like men after some changes), less dominant, more teamworking, and usually peaceful. They are very social and talk a lot. They get depressed and angry very easily, and are mature and serious.

PS: I'm a guy. That's part of the reason why I'm more accurate on the men side.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Anyway, you're missing the point. My point is that everyone seems to believe that it is serious. People I know are happy to trust in this stuff, and stereotype others because of this "research". My linguistic ability, one of my only skills, is put down by my peers, who know about this research, merely because, according to these studies, girls are better naturally at it. I'm left feeling useless. According to tests based on the neurology research, I should be gay! I have little spacial reasoning, talk a heck of a lot, am a chocoholic and am good at language. Why am I not? Because I don't need to be a woman, or gay, to be the way I am. Job bias is an extreme version of this, true, but the point stands - they is more than two types of human personality. Moreover, I find it morally wrong to make jokes about it, as it does little but promote this behaviour.

And I don't care how small the difference is. It stills say "You fail at life," to me. I'd like to see how you feel when someone shrugs you off as a "lesser boy."

Just because some people make dumb generalizations doesn't make it any less true. Don't even talk to me about gender stereotyping. Women have been perceived as less intelligent than men in maths, sciences, and history for generations. Not because people focus on those differences, but because people used to assume that a woman's place was in the home. That idea still has a presence, even if it's small. Men being better in spacial reasoning can account for a little in math, but not enough to make a difference. It's bad that some people have made you feel bad about language skills, but don't act like you're the only one.

Last edited:

Prelude

Prelude
The authors had studied the subject, in case you wanted to know. Anyway, I believe that it is morally wrong to seriously read into this because it creates division out of something which is just, as I said, generalisation. 99%? Don't be ridiculous, that's entirely unrelated. This research finds common trends within women and men and compiles them. For example, it says that boys mostly enjoy sports more than girls because it's a modern equivalent of the daily hunting for food in humanity's early days, a practise inscribed in their brains. In theory, that's true. In practise, it's BS. Almost all the girls I know love playing sports, and play football (not American) whenever they get the chance. I almost don't play sports at all, and I have friends who do the same thing. All the people I know, intimately or not, are diverse and different, there is no one who acts exactly like this study suggests. I sincerely doubt that 99% of men play sports, don't listen when people talk, act macho and alpha male, and prefer crisps to chocolate. This "research" is being treated more and more seriously, when it is essentially, a scientific joke. These brain trends are not in every girl, or every boy. And with people believing like this stuff is entirely true, the "perfect" future society might be developed with gender elite jobs. The more "research" that we get, the more people become interested, the more likely it seems to me that a divisive society like that could exist.

Well if you want to be a construction worker then be my guest :)

Oh yeah, this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences

And I quote: Males tend to play in more sports

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I ama guy but I share my feelings with people I can get depressed and wouldn't know where south or north is, I don't judge people and I look more for personality then looks.
But I do find it easier talking to girls then guys, bascially because girls know what to say and they don't always make fun of you for just talking about it.

About the shopping bit, I shop too especially for stuff but I don't take 5 hours in the same store, sure if it's a birthday or christmas present and I am not sure what I am looking for, I look around. But my sister and mother takes forever while shopping, which is why I don't go to the shops with them (Or rarely anyone, I like to get things done my way and sometimes fast)

Maruno

Also, it's been found that homosexual men have brain structure more similar to women due to lack of testosterone.
I'd like to see where it says that homosexual men have less testosterone/more oestrogen. You're suggesting homosexuality is essentially a hormonal response. Unless I see some compelling evidence for that, I won't agree.

Traditional masculinity and femininity may be affected by hormones (particularly physical characteristics), but I don't think sexuality would be, at least certainly not to the same extent.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Don't men have a larger brain size in general with women having a larger cerebral cortex? Or is that just a myth?

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'd like to see where it says that homosexual men have less testosterone/more oestrogen. You're suggesting homosexuality is essentially a hormonal response. Unless I see some compelling evidence for that, I won't agree.

Traditional masculinity and femininity may be affected by hormones (particularly physical characteristics), but I don't think sexuality would be, at least certainly not to the same extent.

I agree here; sexuality is a mindset that can be affected by events in life, but hormones have little to do with it.

Towards the topic at hand, however, I find that females are more likely to judge based on appearance than males, while males are more inclined to judge based on physical skills.

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
women are smarter then men that I know, but men like cool things that I don't like and men takes things sericly and women don't but men are better at sports then women

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
women are smarter then men that I know, but men like cool things that I don't like and men takes things sericly and women don't but men are better at sports then women

Well all the things you listed fall into the "individual" category, don't hold much ground when applied to the whole.