• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Digimon Club 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
That is a very god point of view, but there are also opinions derived from wrong assumptions, like manipulation of facts or wrong interpretation of the same.

For example, what Ampharos_Dude was saying about liking the show, even though he hated the charaters and the plot. I then ask you, what is the show? If not the characters, who make it nor the plot which structures it, then what? Surely not the simple digimon who are nothing more than eye candy. In this case, it would be more correct for Ampharos_Dude to say he didn't like the show, but liked watching the digimon it rather than otherwise.

I ratehr liked RiseGreymon and a few other digimon from savers. I am pretty sure it was what made me stuck around long enough to watch it till about halfway through. The terrible plot and stupid, rage inducing characters, along with the knowledge said characters acted the way they did supposedly to atract "an older audience" (exactly how I dunno) was what made me rage quit it.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
@ Griff: "Example 2" isn't an opinion though. It's just a statement of preference.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
That's getting into semantics. Usually, when somebody says "Everybody has their own opinion" it generally refers to somebody saying "I like Thing A" and somebody else saying "You're stupid. Thing A sucks" or "I like Thing B".

Anyways, this is The Digimon Club, so this should probably be taken elsewhere before mods start posting in here again. I'll end on the neutral ground of "There are wrong opinions but not every opinion you disagree with is inherently wrong."

If you were to (oh, I don't know) cast a Digimon as a well-known Marvel/DC comics supervillain...which Digimon/supervillain would you pair up and why?

I'm also not too familiar with comic book villains... Uhh... MetalPhantomon as Taskmaster? I think he's more of an anti-hero, but...

Last edited:

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
Don't get me wrong Nie, I don't hate the show, I just hate that particular season. All the other season are great, just started rewatching Data Squad yesterday, because in my opnion it's the best one.

If you were to (oh, I don't know) cast a Digimon as a well-known Marvel/DC comics supervillain...which Digimon/supervillain would you pair up and why?

Umm... I'm going with the easy pair here, Cheetah and Persiamon? :D

EDIT: Yesh! 10th post! Torikaballmon digivolve to.... Burgermon :D Free burgers for everyone! *starts making burgers*

Last edited:

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!

...Datamon as Lex Luthor?
Both are evil scientists...sorta.
I got nothing, and I'm into comics. :/

*noms Burger*
...episode 44 seems twisted.
Lets see...Gravimon implants his core in Taiki.
Tries to force Kirihara to kill him, again!
Have Kirihara surrender and nearly get vaporized for it.
Has Taiki actually try to take Gravimon out with him.

...yeah, without Gravimon being a clue, exactly what kind of digimon episode does this sound like?

...Also, called it on Apollomon.

CuriousHeartless

Yum, burgers.

Grapleomon: *Has just finished two dozen burgers* Needs onions.

Anyways, a digimon as a supervillian?
Metamormon as Inque from Batman: Beyond. A team of Ogremon or Skullsatamon and Mailbirdramon (Or just riding something like Grani) would be required to make a green/Hob Goblin. Mephistomon to be Mephistopheles from GHost Rider.

CuriousHeartless

Yeah, most definately. Especially if you haven't seen it in a while. I mean, I watched two subbed episodes last week and saw stuff I in no way remember. I mean, the batle between Mailbirdramon and Blacktyrannomon/Metaltyrannomon was way more epic than I remember, and the way Guilmon acted when first made. Seriously, good.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Yeah, most definately. Especially if you haven't seen it in a while. I mean, I watched two subbed episodes last week and saw stuff I in no way remember. I mean, the batle between Mailbirdramon and Blacktyrannomon/Metaltyrannomon was way more epic than I remember, and the way Guilmon acted when first made. Seriously, good.

There wasn't a MailBirdramon in Tamers. Do you mean Maildramon?

I have a question/semi-topic. Greymon: Are they dinosaurs or are they Dramon? Or are they considered their own species?

CuriousHeartless

XD Yeah, Maildramon. And did anyone else think that Takato has a thing for virus-types? He uses a Blacktyrannomon and a Metaltyrannomon, he specifically made Guilmon a virus type, and it fits with the whole darker season thing.

Anyways, Greymon. In my opinion, they are dinosaurs. Although they could be a family that is between dinosaurs and dragons, like how Ryudamon's family is in-betwen beasts and dragons. But if it is the latter, Agumon has to be a dinosaur to connect it with its most underrated evolution, Tyrannomon.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
That's true. And the Champion and Ultimate forms look a lot more like dinosaurs. On the other hand, the Mega level Greymon are often called "Dragon Man Digimon", so it gets confusing.

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
Dinosaur and Dragon Type digimon are both treated as Dramon type digimon in the games.
Then again it depends on what digimon is in question. WarGreymon Dramon killers are a high risk high return weapon, used on him he is in trouble. Used by him he owned MetaSeadramon, who is more a sea serpent than anything else.

This mean that anything with dramon in the name, has Dramon data mixed in it somehow, and since Dramon=Dragon, you could say MetalSeadramon and anything else with Dramon in the name is a dragon in some way.

Then again, Birdramon would make little sense, other than the fact it uses fire to attack.
Since Fire = Dramon, we can try to say that all true Dramon types have fire attacks or what not. Though Birdramon is still a issue, and MetalSeadramon would be out.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Dude, Seadramon are envisioned based on the sea dragons. A variation of the dragon myth where a dragon has left both the land and the sky for the sea, and thus lost its wings.

Its old. The bible has at least one sea serpent monster that is widly treated as a sea dragon: Leviathan.

Also, Birdramon IS a dragon. Birdramon is the Bird Dragon Monster. Seriously, did you notice the teeth?

Not all dramon use fire, dude. Nor do all who use fire automatically belong to the dramon species. That is a mighty big falacy you did right there.

Hotshot

Dinosaur and Dragon Type digimon are both treated as Dramon type digimon in the games.

I'm sorry. I just have to correct this. Dinosaur and Dragon types are both treated as Dragon type Digimon in the games. There are no "Dramon" type Digimon in the games... There are Digimon with "dramon" in their names, but it doesn't mean anything beyond that. For instance, in the DS games, the Seadramon line is obviously a line of "dramon" Digimon, but they're treated as "Aquan" types.

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
But we have to remember that not all Dinosaur and Dragon digimon have the -dramon at the end of ther name, like Allomon for example. And then, would you classify Shadramon and Raidramon as Dinosaurs or Dragons? *Makes an onion burger for Grapleomon* Here you go :D

CuriousHeartless

Grapleomon: *Eats burger* Good. You can make unlimited of these right?

Raidramon, as a part of the Veemon family, is a dragon. Shadramon is an insect that just happens to have dra in it's name. And in my honest opinion, if it doesn't have -dra in it's name, it isn't a dragon digimon because of the fact they always remember to put in -dra (except for Betamon who is actually an amphibian and not a dragon, but is related to Seadramon awhich is a dragon digimon).

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
Sure I can make unlimited of those allright. *Starts making fish and chips* Wait what? :D

Sincerely thinking the whole -dramon naming is confusing sometimes...
But then when you think of taking the -dra off form the non dragon digimon, it wouldn't be pretty either... example: Shadramon - dramon = Shamon
That would sound very stupid... :D

Anybody want burgers? *starts taking orders*

Status
Not open for further replies.