• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Digimon Club 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Sin

Formerly MegaLeaf
Hopefully that's not the case. I do know that the west is getting that D-Arts Dukemon/Gallantmon toy, so that's something.

There's that. I've always been counting on Digimon Story: Lost Evolution or the other things to be localized in the west too but I guess it's not gonna happen at this rate...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
There's little to no demand for it. And let's face it, the last few games on the DS that we got pretty much were awful. The graphics were subpar (especially for a DS game - Golden Sun was on GBA and had better graphics), the battle animation was a joke, and the storyline was incomprehensible. As much as I wanted to like Dawn/Dusk, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
There's little to no demand for it. And let's face it, the last few games on the DS that we got pretty much were awful. The graphics were subpar (especially for a DS game - Golden Sun was on GBA and had better graphics), the battle animation was a joke, and the storyline was incomprehensible. As much as I wanted to like Dawn/Dusk, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

This. This so much.
I couldnt tell you how many times I picked up Dawn and/or Dusk in an attempt to get to like them, but its a friggin impossible task. The games are boring, repetitive, and only present one challenge through the whole game: grinding. Grinding for hours on end, with the same, animationless repetitive attacks, in a story that made no sense navigating maze like maps that throw your orientation sense for the wildest ride its been in. I couldn't tell you how often I got lost on the very first missions. Most of the time, I reached my goal by accident.

Izanagi

'Sup!
This. This so much.
I couldnt tell you how many times I picked up Dawn and/or Dusk in an attempt to get to like them, but its a friggin impossible task. The games are boring, repetitive, and only present one challenge through the whole game: grinding. Grinding for hours on end, with the same, animationless repetitive attacks, in a story that made no sense navigating maze like maps that throw your orientation sense for the wildest ride its been in. I couldn't tell you how often I got lost on the very first missions. Most of the time, I reached my goal by accident.

I wholeheartedly agree. I wanted to like these games because I had some fun with the older Digimon World games but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The grinding was one the more frustrating part of the game. I took forever just get past the first dungeon. The graphics were even that great and the animations were subpar at the best. I simply couldn't bring myself to like these games.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Can I join? I choose Upamon!

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I couldn't agree more about Dawn/Dusk. Not only was the storyline boring, but training your digimon took forever as well. Post storyline there's hardly anything for you to do.

CuriousHeartless

Well I liked Dawn/Dusk, but it kinda fluctuated in difficulty at times. You should've been able to take side quests while doing a main quest, in my opinion. They weren't perfect, heck, they were pretty much terrible, but I found them fun to play.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Well I liked Dawn/Dusk, but it kinda fluctuated in difficulty at times. You should've been able to take side quests while doing a main quest, in my opinion. They weren't perfect, heck, they were pretty much terrible, but I found them fun to play.

That's probably the best way to describe them for me as well. They were serviceable and fun, but boy did those games have a lot of flaws.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
On re: Digitize, I haven't kept updated but my sister has been looking at gameplay videos from YouTube, then side-by-side with a translation script on Word. Looks like she really wants it... But I don't know if it'll be worth getting it in a language neither of us can understand. <w>

Also hey it's been a while. To people who don't know me I'm Xash!

Hotshot

Dude. I saw a trailer not too long ago for a Digimon Adventure PSP game. Search that bad boy. (Said it was coming out in 2013 in Japan.)

Freak yeah.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
That looks pretty cool. I wish they would come out with re digitize in America but it's not gonna happen. Too bad the same will probably happen with this one.

CuriousHeartless

Hey People. We aren't letting this die, are we? Anyways, they are dubbing XRoss Wars now, but as Fusion. Not sure if this is allowed, but here is the official trailer, on the official site and everything. Watch out, the idiots on the staff put in massive, massive spoilers for all three arcs. Apparently, only 30 episodes are licensed for dubbing, but probably all will be if it is well watched. I don't like Taiki and Shoutmon's voices personally. I think Shoutmon sounds too gravelly and Taiki sounds weird. They also gave no importance to Akari or Zenjirou and Nene and the Twilight Army don't appear at all. Besides second-long appearance by Greymon, Mailbirdramon, and Metalgreymon, Blue Flare doesn't appear either. They also call Akari, Zenjirou, and Taiki best friends which they obviously aren't in the Japanese version (Although they were friends), and use the word magical. Oh, and pretty much no dub names or terms. Yes, nitpicking on some of this, but this stuff just annoys me.

On a lighter side, I can't tell if they kept the name as Taiki or if they changed it to Mikey, but either way I like it. They also kept it as DigiXrosing for some reason even though the show was renamed Fusion, but DigiFusion sounds weird. I also like the voices of Akari, Jijimon, and Omnimon.

CuriousHeartless

Yeah, Digimon was dead. Apparently they decided it is finally time to revive it. Hopefully this could mean a revitalization in the games too. We probably won't get any of the ones that have already been released, but this does raise the hope of future games getting to America (No news on Europe or Australia as far as I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.