1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Digital Art Club

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Flurried Rains, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Flurried Rains

Flurried Rains ~No Day But Today.

~* The Digital Art Club

~* Welcome to the club where everything is about art. Here you can learn how to use programs such as Photoshop or GIMP; how to make banners, avatars, or userbars; and how to edit photographs. You can also participate in our weekly contests to show off your art, or just discuss anything art related. Enjoy!

~* In order to join, please fill out the joining application (obviously) completely and post it in the thread. As long as you fill out the form completely and honestly, you'll be accepted into the club. Therefore, any member can accept anyone's application to join.
    Code:
    Username/Nickname:
    Some examples of your art:
    How long have you been making digital art?:
    Have you read all of the rules?:

~* Like any other club, there are rules that have to be followed. Yeah, they usually aren't fun to read, but if you don't you won't be accepted into the club. So please save us the trouble and just read them.
    Code:
    1. All main forum rules apply.
    2. All main club section rules apply.
    3. Yes, that means NO ONE LINE POSTS. That always seems to be a problem.
    4. No ripping banners, avatars, or any art. If you do, you'll be instantly 
    and permanently BANNED.
    5. No trash talking other people's art. You don't have to say it's absolutely
    perfect even if it isn't, but don't be downright rude.
    6. Break a rule, and you'll get a strike. Get three strikes, and you'll be 
    banned for two weeks. Get three more, and you'll be banned for good.
    7. To be sure that you've read the rules, when you fill out the joining 
    application you must respond to the question "Have you read the rules?" 
    by saying "Yessir Mister Rains".
    ~* Every week the club will hold contests for certain types of digital art: banners, userbars, avatars, and wallpapers. In these contests, you will be given an image or a topic to make art out of, and the best result will win. There will be judges assigned for each type of contest, so a judge will still be able to participate in certain contests. More information about contests will come when more members join the club.

~* Owner: Flurried Rains
    ~* Co Owners:
    ~* Members: Frozen, Lil Crickee (Crickee), PurpleMew (Nick), interstellas, Ash^_^, Takaru, cheekychimp, m!ss p!nk, Dehydrated, Mr. Joker, Plusle+Minun, Whale55, Junpearl63

~* What program do you use to make your digital art?

None yet, but it shouldn't be THAT hard to get in a club like this. :3

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. mangaeyes

mangaeyes Well-Known Member

Username/Nickname: Mangaeyes or Manga
    Some examples of your art: Here
    How long have you been making digital art?: About a year. I first began making absolute ****. I like to think I've improved.
    Have you read all of the rules?: Not really but I'm guessing its the general sppf rules? You don't seem like the sort of irritating twerp to have some secret code word. Plus I'm tired, tipsy and eating leftover chinese so I really can't be bothered to read.

I do want to join though.

EDIT: Use any picture I make for the club art seriously I don't mind just give credit. It'd be great if every member used someone elses artwork in there sig so that everyone gets some of there work out there.

3. Flurried Rains

Yayy! Someone posted! Although I do have to tell you that I am an irritating twerp with secret code word. In my past experiences I've had too many noobs who don't know anything about rules and go ahead with spamming and one-lining. But it is the general SPPf rules, except it just explains how striking and all of that, so you're fine. And I like a lot of you're art too! May I ask where you get your Avatar images from? The only ones that I can find are too childish for me. xD.

4. mangaeyes

Uh..oh...

Yessir Mister Rains

I get my Avatar images from the Avatar Wiki or just google around. I think I once took a screenshot from an Avatar video I was watching online.

5. Flurried Rains

Bahaha okay I accepted you anyway but thanks. :p. And thanks for that, I'll be looking around the Avatar Wiki for a good picture now. ^_^. Well. I just made another banner, which is in my signature. And I learned some more techniques in photoshop by doing so. Don't know what to talk about until some more members join and we can start some contests. GAHH. Come join people!

6. Frozen

Frozen LORD OF TEACUPS

Username/Nickname: Frozen / Ben

Some examples of your art:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://digitallyfrozen.deviantart.com/

How long have you been making digital art?: Too long! xD
    In seriousness, probably somewhere between 3 and 4 years. Although I've only been doing it regularly and become genuinely good in the last 2 years.

Have you read all of the rules?: Totally. (Do I really have to say Yessir Mr. Rains? D: )

7. Flurried Rains

Yay for another member! Welcome Frozen, like I've said before I really like the banner with the girl(?) blowing bubbles. And I just made the code thing-a-majigger Yessir Mister Rains because that's all my stupid brain could think of at the time and I figured it didn't matter much. I've been spending the day looking at tutorials and renders on Planet Renders, and finally decided to make a newbie post there. :p

8. Frozen

Frozen LORD OF TEACUPS

Heh, thanks Flurried (FR? Rains? Rainy? Note to self: Think of decent nickname for Flurried Rains :b).
    Anyway, yeah, so far as I know the girl in that particular tag/sig/banner whatever you wanna call it is a girl, although it was just a random stock I found on Google. x)
    I have like, 4 posts on PR. It's a decent forum I guess, but I just never get around to posting there. I only really visit here and one other forum at all, and then I only visit like, two threads here. >_<

9. Flurried Rains

Yeah, most people just call me Flurried or FR... but anything is fine really, as long as I can tell you are talking about me. xD. And I just wanna get enough posts on Planet Renders so I can request renders that I can't cut there, if I ever get around to that. Huh. I was hoping more people would join this club quickly so we could start contests, maybe I should make a slight comment in the "Rate The Signature Above You" thread when I rate somebody's banner or whatever. I never saw anything in the rules that says you can't advertise. :D

10. Frozen

Frozen LORD OF TEACUPS

I'm going to call you... Rainy. :> I can see that that might be handy. The only other reason I would join it is because of the vast number of tutorials, C4D, stocks etc. that've been posted by other members, but most of that stuff can be found on deviantART anyway, so I don't usually go there.
    As for advertising a few obnoxious plugs can't do any harm amirite? ^__^

11. Flurried Rains

Okay then, Rainy it is lol. And it is useful, I just used another tutorial to make my newest banner (the one in my signature). Although I never thought of looking on deviantART for C4D's or tutorials. Well that might help a bit lol, I can never find cubed C4D's or whatever they are called. Oh yeah, I ended up telling people to join this club in the Rate the Signature Above You thread. >:D

12. Frozen

Frozen LORD OF TEACUPS

Hurr. :>
    It's alright I guess, but OH MY GOD OVERSATURATION! The colours are pretty cool I guess, but they're waay oversaturated, and the background is too overwhelming. It lack lighting, flow. It is pretty, but it's far from perfect.
    Also if I ever see anyone in this club use a pixel font I might cry. ;__; They're an abomination. D:

13. Lil Crickee

Lil Crickee Banned

can i join plz :mad:

Username/Nickname: Lil Crickee, but please call me Crickee. PLEASE
    Some examples of your art: i ii iii iv
    my styles vary....because i know a lot.
    How long have you been making digital art?: like....a while. since i was about 12/13? i've improved so much though.
    Have you read all of the rules?: Yessir Mister Rains

14. Flurried Rains

Yeah I guess it is oversaturated, although I don't really know why. I never raised saturation or anything, could a gradient map do that or something? *shrugs*. And I like pixel fonts, but I did make it too big in this one. I figured it would be fine since it's kinda faded.

Welcome to the club Crickee! Yayy, someone else has actually joined. :3. My favorite banner of those four is probably the second one. But other than that, not much else to say.

15. Lil Crickee

Lil Crickee Banned

yeey. thanks. i really like it too...i've never done that style and i was quite happy with how it turned out. :]

i make all my banners on photoshop 7.0.

and i was going to make a graphics club months ago..haha. glad someone else did, i'm not very responsible.

16. Flurried Rains

When was Photoshop 7 made? I don't know all of the different versions and all of that stuff. Right now I have CS3 so I do all of my stuff in there. OH! And I'm going to be getting a tablet soon! I'm so freaking excited, lol. They are not only fun, but they make so many things so much easier. And hmm. Maybe I should have named this the Graphics Club, then more people would recognize it. >_<.

17. mangaeyes

First topic!

What program do you use to make your digital art?
    I use GIMP 2. Having nothing to compare it to, I'd say its pretty good ^_^

18. Frozen

Frozen LORD OF TEACUPS

What program do you use to make your digital art?
    Photoshop CS3, baby. :>
    I used to use Paint Shop Pro in the past, then I got Photoshop 7, then CS, then CS2 and now CS3. :D
    yarr harr fiddle de de!

19. PurpleMew

PurpleMew no promises

Username/Nickname: PurpleMew. But please call me Nick ^^;
    Some examples of your art: I don't have anything newnew because everything was removed from my laptop when it was fixed but I have several threads and shops here. one, two, three. [Newest-Oldest]
    How long have you been making digital art?: About 1 year.
    Have you read all of the rules?: Yessir Mister Rains.

Thank you :}

20. Flurried Rains

Welcome to the club Nick! Just wanna say I REALLY like your style in all of those threads. :3. Oh and I'm thinking about entering one of those contests in your signature; probably the digital media one because I'm not too good at spriting, or possibly the fan art one.

And I completely forgot about discussion questions lol, I guess I'll add that in to the first post. But I've already said my answer to the question is CS3, although I might be getting CS4 soon from a friend.