• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Digital Art Club

I feel really really tired. >_< But um, I have limited time on the computer and whatnot. There's a lot of tests and I'm studying like crazy. So yeah, my schedule is a piece of crap. Sorry. Well I did a quick sig thing and it took me 3 minutes.

http://i29.*******.com/2lmneir.png
yaaaaaay.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
I have had a horrible weekend. My internet stops working on saturday, and apparntly it had somthing to do with 1000x differant things that tech support told me about. So long story short we end up having to compleatly restart my computer. So I lost everything my photoshop, gimp, and my brushes. Which just sucks. So I'll be taking time off from everything til I can set everything back up again.

:O. Okay then, that really sucks. That happened to me once too on my old computer. D:

Username/Nickname: cheekychimp
Some examples of your art: Click here
How long have you been making digital art?: For about 5 or 6 years now.
Have you read all of the rules?: Yeah.
Programs: Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator CS3, Artrage2, Corel Painter X, MS Paint

Ooh, it's actual digital art. :p. I like the abstract one a lot. I can't really say much else though, since I don't know anything about that kind of art. Welcome to the club though. :3. Oh wait, you obviously didn't read the rules. >_<.

I feel really really tired. >_< But um, I have limited time on the computer and whatnot. There's a lot of tests and I'm studying like crazy. So yeah, my schedule is a piece of crap. Sorry. Well I did a quick sig thing and it took me 3 minutes.

http://i29.*******.com/2lmneir.png
yaaaaaay.

The only things I don't like is the text's opacity and the border. The border really bugs me out lol.

Frozen

LORD OF TEACUPS
Sorry, I've been busy what with going back to School, and I haven't had much time for the Serebii. O: Anyway, interstellas, I love your current sig (the sunflower one). It's so pretty. ;-;
(also good luck with your shop! You're a better man than me if you can keep up with it!)

Anyway, I just finished my one project I had to do for artclass. We have to make a concert ad and I decide to do mine featuring Ayumi Hamasaki. I don't know whats my grade on it, but I'll tell you when I do get it. ;D

http://i26.*******.com/x543zp.png

Comments, suggestions?

mangaeyes

interstellas you're very good I'm extremely jelous u_u'

Hows this..
sens.png

I know the text sucks as usual but that tutorial really didn't help.

Frozen

LORD OF TEACUPS
Dragging this thread up from the depths of the forum.
With a rope.
Yeaah.

Anyway, @interstellas I do like that poster thing, but that flowing bits in the bottom right are really annoying me. It just doesn't look quite right to me, but I can't quite put my finger on why. I'd just remove it, personally.
@magnaeyes it's a little plain for my taste. I can't really see that you've done anything to it. It has potential, but you need to make it much more interesting.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
GAHH. Sorry I haven't been able to get on (or do anything Photoshop-wise). I've been sick and have spent my time sleeping with a bowl. It was such an exciting weekend for me. Plus I got schoolwork to do still. I did make one banner a couple days ago, but I never got around to uploading it.

@interstellas I like the poster, and I disagree with Frozen. :3. KEEP DA FLOWING LINES! And I like your current signature, although once again the border bothers me, but I love it anyways. :D

@mangaeyes Too completely honest, it doesn't look like you followed any of my advice or anyone else's advice. I said that you should have kept the text smaller/avoid major blending options in my post, and that text tutorial has taught me a lot about text. Did you read the whole thing? Maybe you should try having one main image as your focal point, rather than a whole band in that one. Plus the lighting in that one is all over the place. Try taking a look at some more tutorials or something. :l

Frozen

LORD OF TEACUPS
@Rainy: Not the lines, silly! I meant the glowing starfield esque thing. It just looks really out of place to me, but like interstellas said, whatever floats your boat! :B
I haven't made anything in... forever. I'm just really uninspired at the moment. I have no excuse. :<

PurpleMew

no promises
Flurried Rains I didn't see any entry from you in the contest o:

Woah, why?
But I got a 98 A on it. My teacher said it's one of his favourites.

Congratulations!

I am sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been so busy at school this week.

I made an icon of me and my friend Sarah. It was made in about 5 minutes so feel free to tear it apart lol.

http://i29.*******.com/2ajxlww.png

Also it's not my place to do this but if no one posts a topic it's going to be a spam thread and turn into an art showcase.

What is your favorite kind of Digital Art and why?

I myself love to make icons the most because they are small and I find it easier to express and manipulate small images.

HEY PURPLEMEW SAID A CLUB LIKE THIS EXISTS SO MIND IF I JOIN?!

Username/Nickname: Sweet May
Some examples of your art: yay archive banners (WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY) and avatars! As you can see, avatars aren't my speciality. :(
How long have you been making digital art?: Well if you count the craptastic banners/avatars I made on Paint long time ago, 5 years. DAMN THIS STUFF GETS OLD!
Have you read all of the rules?: i think so. otherwise you can punish me in any way possible. hurdur I MEAN Yessir Mister Rains!

Yay contests! Could use some fun. and maybe enough motivation to join the WBC... OTL

gaiz am i in the club yet? 8D

Last edited:

PurpleMew

no promises
Welcome to the club Sweet May~

Tis' okay Flurried Rains, we will be doing plenty more contests hopefully.

Here is my WBC entry! The theme is girlie. I went for more Glamourous.

http://i30.*******.com/3468b2c.jpg

WELCOME TO THE CLUB SWEET MAY! I like a lot of your stuff (especially the Fall Out Boy and Rent stuff :p). In fact, I think I'm going to make a Fall Out Boy signature now, since I started listening to their songs once I saw your banners. I really like your current signature now too, especially with the sparkly stars in the background. :3. So yeah... haii. :D
Thank you~ ♥ But the FOB banner was just a simple crop with text slapped on. o-o But yay for them~

Thanks but I might have to fix it. Oh maybe just leave it the way it is. Hmmm!

What is your favorite kind of Digital Art and why?
Banners or headers. Simply because there's a bigger canvas to work on. Small answer is small but effective! Yet I can't make wallpapers to save my life. Woe is me.

Last edited:

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
Welcome to the club Sweet May~

Tis' okay Flurried Rains, we will be doing plenty more contests hopefully.

Here is my WBC entry! The theme is girlie. I went for more Glamourous.

http://i30.*******.com/3468b2c.jpg

:O!! Lady GaGa. I love her so much, as I've probably said many, many times before, although maybe not in this thread. I just made a signature with her in it because I absolutely loved her VMA performance and I actually found good quality pictures of it today. I like that banner of yours, although she looks very orange. :p

Thank you~ ♥ But the FOB banner was just a simple crop with text slapped on. o-o But yay for them~

It's still Fall Out Boy, so I liked it anyway. :D. I gave up on trying to make a signature of them because I can never find a good picture of the band and I prefer having one subject to work with anyway. Although I want to make something that says "they say the captain goes down with the ship, so when the world ends will God go down with it?" because I love that line.

Oh, and here is that Katy Perry banner that I was talking about before. I never uploaded it because I didn't think it looked too great...

ThinkingofYou-KatyPerry.png

And here's the Lady GaGa one I just mentioned. I gotta go organize my signature now so I can put it in...

LadyGaGaVMAPaparazzi.png