• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Digital Art Club

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
Masking Tool? What!? I always used the Polygonal Lasso tool and my stuff turned out fine. Except for hair, but I never really had to deal with that much anyway. Once again, I'd say more and all of that stuff, but I just got home (yeah... again) because I had my brother's confirmation and then auditions for a play. I'll talk to everyone tomorrow!

LOOOSER. xD I can't believe you use that icky tool. It's lame unless you're using it on a simple image that doesn't have much going on. Anyway, if you look at your tool box, you can see this one icon that looks like a rectangle with a circle in the middle. Learn. >_> I ain't yo mama.

Anyways. Have I told you all how much I love you? I'm working with my CD cover for my artclass. So, I finished the front cover of the CD, now I have to work with the back. The thing is, my creative mojo unfortunately.... died. ;\ My teacher gave me a suggestion to involve it with a tree. SO. NOW. You can tell me what I should do with it and give me a tumbnail of it of some sort. I'll totally appreciate it.

Here's the CD cover. Now I just need to figure out how I should do the back of it and it really ticks me off.

http://i37.*******.com/2dqrgd5.png

I totally appreciate it if either one of you will help me with it. :)

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
Well I guess I will try the masking tool the next time I need to cut something (oh wait... I can't find it... to the internetz!), don't know when that will be though since I've been drawing a lot lately. With the back of the CD cover maybe you could make it like the roots of the tree or something. I dunno, I just see an image of the roots underground with some of those little sparkles that you always do lol. That's all I'm going to say for now, because I've been a procrastinator lately and I want to get my homework done before temptation sets in. So I'm going to go do Algebra homework and watch Glee. xD

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
OMG This place is dead I'll spruce it up:

leafeon.png

PurpleMew

no promises
Anyways. Have I told you all how much I love you? I'm working with my CD cover for my artclass. So, I finished the front cover of the CD, now I have to work with the back. The thing is, my creative mojo unfortunately.... died. ;\ My teacher gave me a suggestion to involve it with a tree. SO. NOW. You can tell me what I should do with it and give me a tumbnail of it of some sort. I'll totally appreciate it.

Here's the CD cover. Now I just need to figure out how I should do the back of it and it really ticks me off.

http://i37.*******.com/2dqrgd5.png

I totally appreciate it if either one of you will help me with it. :)

I love the colouring of the CD cover but I don't like the way that the image of the guys is split into a different colouring. It has a blue tint to the right side, unless it's meant to and I'll shut my mouth :] As for the rest I love it <3.

What do you have to include on the back? Just a song listing?

Been kind of dead on the whole forum recently. Will have some new stuff up within the next couple of days ^^;.

I love the colouring of the CD cover but I don't like the way that the image of the guys is split into a different colouring. It has a blue tint to the right side, unless it's meant to and I'll shut my mouth :] As for the rest I love it <3.

What do you have to include on the back? Just a song listing?

Been kind of dead on the whole forum recently. Will have some new stuff up within the next couple of days ^^;.

Yeah I honestly hate that too. It bugs me but I don't want to change it so much otherwise it'll look screwed up. So I turned it in. I did the back but I don't know my grade on it yet. >_< I need to ask my teacher real soon and I'm so excited for it.

For the back of my CD cover, I only put the songs in there. And I just included the tree without the band members and I toned down the colours just a little bit and etc. Yep.

EDIT:
So I sit here in artclass and I decide to make some banner. Yay, fun. It looks real cool, methinks.
http://i36.*******.com/ws5kdk.png

Last edited:

junpearl63

their rooms
interstellas: Uhm, it looks a little simple, but ya know what they say, simply the best :) (although I think the text written in Kanji would be better, or if you can't write Kanji, maybe a better font?)

I make a new one :3

39007494.png

TGC card render cropped by Skiyomi (lovely lady xD)

Btw guys, does anyone know how to make a signature looks like this:

78183235.png

(Just an example)

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
Can I join please?

Username/Nickname: Rosemary but call me Rosey
Some examples of your art:here
How long have you been making digital art?: probably less than a year or so
Have you read all of the rules?:Yessir Mister Rains

Okay, my next art project is going to be some magazine ad. Well you know this will be all special. It'll involve Pokemon and my DS. 8D Ohh yeah, son. Its going to be badass. I have some thumbnails of them, I think I'll put it here in the club. As time progresses and whatnot, I'll show you what it looks like until the finish of it. Yay, joy.

>_> Its the cool stuff, homes.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
OMG? WHAT? I had no idea people were actually posting. I kept coming on Serebii and this thread never showed up in my subscribed threads so I figured no one was posting. Well, hello everyone! By the way, Rosemary, you are accepted. I will say more, but once AGAIN I just got home from theater rehearsal and I have homework to do. My life is getting so busy, I haven't even made a signature since the one in my signature (although I've been trying out photography and other stuff as well). Anyway, like I said, talk to you tomorrow! I have a four day weekend this week, so I'll have plenty of time for Photoshop. :D

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
****, I'm bored.

Username/Nickname: Warfare
Some examples of your art:
one two
road.png

theheartwillfailus.png

How long have you been making digital art?: One and a half years.
Have you read all of the rules?: Yes(sir) madam Rains. /kind of obvious i saw the last rule, etc. yay, bad humor.

http://i36.*******.com/ws5kdk.png
God, nobody ever pulls out a b+w banner anymore. I have never seen another one since my own b+w things. This really captures a particular moment and gives room for interpretation; the soft brush and blur around the edges help in that sense too.

I've hardly touched photoshop in a while, but I made these banners and wallpapers within the last two to three months, so those are technically my recent work. I tried posting the wallpapers and never got any comments on it. lol.

****, I'm bored.

Username/Nickname: Warfare
Some examples of your art:
one two
road.png

theheartwillfailus.png

How long have you been making digital art?: One and a half years.
Have you read all of the rules?: Yes(sir) madam Rains. /kind of obvious i saw the last rule, etc. yay, bad humor.

God, nobody ever pulls out a b+w banner anymore. I have never seen another one since my own b+w things. This really captures a particular moment and gives room for interpretation; the soft brush and blur around the edges help in that sense too.

I've hardly touched photoshop in a while, but I made these banners and wallpapers within the last two to three months, so those are technically my recent work. I tried posting the wallpapers and never got any comments on it. lol.

I've seen your stuff and I admire it, especially your colouring and I'm a fan of it.

Anyways, thanks for your comment about my banner. Yeah, I like doing black and white work. Yep. c:

Dehydrated

Too cool for you
Long time no see people! Anyways, school has been swamping me with homework, so I haven't been able to do much.

Anyways, I'll welcome warfare, and comment (if that's okay).
This one is ballin. I'm not kidding. It's awesome. Anyways, I've always wanted to do that faded kind of feel, and you've nailed it. That's all I can say, sorry. D:

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
OKAY. I have time to post a lot now. So here we go!

@interstellas I agree with Warfare, the whole black and white thing turned out really well. And I like the main image as well. Good job! :D

Plusle+Minun I think that the outcome is good, especially compared to your other two Pokemon banner's you posted before. One thing I noticed though is that you use the most saturated shades of yellow and green. Try dulling them down a bit so they don't take away from the focal too much. That's just my suggested, but I dunno.

junpearl63 I actually REALLY like that banner. With the way that Suicune is popping out and the little bokeh-type circles in the background. My one complaint is the grammar. Use capitalization! D:

Rosemary I know I already accepted you, but welcome to the club! Some of your art looks good, however I noticed that your effects/brushes/fractals/whatever you are using look very messy. Other than that most of it is fine, but like I said to P+M the colors seem very saturated.

Warfare Welcome to the club! I always loved your style, especially the way you do your text. I usually don't like to use fancy-shmancy text, but you pulled it off very well. Especially with that text in your signature and in the last example you gave. I also love the third example. I see a lot of people try to give a picture a "faded" look that Dehydrated was talking about, and most of them just end up making an image with horrible contrast, but you pulled that off very well. Great to see you join the club.

I don't have any art to add really, although if you want to look at my recent photography it's on my deviantArt. I'm too lazy to upload it to PhotoBucket right now. I have a bunch of ideas for drawings in Photoshop, but I keep starting them and never finishing them.

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
Thanks. I only recently figured out how to edit text like that, so I just wanted to apply it to something dark or desaturated to create somewhat of a lighting or glowing effect on it for some contrast. I just tend to play around with contrast and desaturation a lot.
Again, had time to do something, but I'm lacking ideas, so I just did some sort of rendition of an old banner's coloring style.

comatosen.png

It's based off of this, which I made about ten months ago:
19553284ui2.png

I basically just took use of exposures and filmy gray/desaturated layers just to achieve a murky color before bringing out the vibrancy in it again. This time, I just wanted to apply a papery and denim-like texture to make the background pop better. Then I thought about how gray or black objects on overlay will sort of expose some of the colors behind the layer, so I made some text in a similar style to my last banner and my current signature, except with gray colors. I put it on overlay to create that burnt effect, and just made another set of text in its normal state. It's nothing much.