• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Digital Art Club

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
So where do you get your textures at if you mind telling us. They look so nice and it'll be also good if you provide a typography tutorial on how you do your text. It's only because it's my weakness and I kind of want to fix it.
Well, there's a lot of experimentation involved with my text, but I usually do the same things in terms of what fonts I use and how I do them. It's best to have compressed and leveled text, which is why I tend to keep my text in either all lowercase or uppercase.
10528569.png
13124636.png

asdfhj.png
50737800.png

That's basically it. It's extremely simple. The only issue would be abusing text placement, but basically, if you're cramming things onto an image, then obviously it's a bad idea to have text.

As for textures, they're just popular ones on LiveJournal. ohfreckle, innocent-lexys, colorfilter, urbanstrokes, ewanism, 77words. Those are just off the top of my head, but there's more.

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Ooh, those are really nice Warfare. I just love the new Kitty one for some reason...makes me think I'll suck at this for the rest of my life (I'm already twelve)-_-"

Anyway, I got some new images.

dugongnot3dwithtext.png

And that's Dugong, not Dewgong. It's for a science project. Oh, and I know the light source is crappy, but my PSE is going crazy on me. >.<

This one was random:

igglykevin.png

Yikes, I see a part where I need to fix...

Well, there's a lot of experimentation involved with my text, but I usually do the same things in terms of what fonts I use and how I do them. It's best to have compressed and leveled text, which is why I tend to keep my text in either all lowercase or uppercase.
10528569.png
13124636.png

asdfhj.png
50737800.png

That's basically it. It's extremely simple. The only issue would be abusing text placement, but basically, if you're cramming things onto an image, then obviously it's a bad idea to have text.

As for textures, they're just popular ones on LiveJournal. ohfreckle, innocent-lexys, colorfilter, urbanstrokes, ewanism, 77words. Those are just off the top of my head, but there's more.
Thats really convenient for me and it'll be a big help for me when I use it for my artclass because we're using Photoshop (a lot) in the class. My teacher is a total nazi when it comes to typography. x_x Again, it helps so much.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.

Lol, that's one of the main reasons I closed down my art shops (other than me being busy). People would always ask for signature with sentences of text in there and it would bug the crap out of me. Thanks for the tutorial though, it'll definitely come in handy since text has always been a weakness of mine.

Anyway, I got some new images.

The first one needs a lot of work, although assuming you did it with a mouse that's pretty good. The main piece of advice I would give you is to spend more time on it. Look up some images of dugongs and try to copy them (not trace them). You could try adding some pattern overlays on the background to give it some variation rather than adding in some simple brush strokes like you did.

The second one has too much going on. I would get rid of that picture in the background and just smudge the original picture of Igglybuff for a picture, or find a stock to use. And the butterfly is kind of random. The text is pretty good though, just a little fancy for my liking but the placement is good.

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Haha, I didn't trace it, but I did find a few dugong images to base it on. I didn't want to take away from the picture, because it is for a science project and I won't want to put any overlays or stuff over it because the whole project is about pictures, and we get a mark based on accuracy, etc. So I can't really add anything.

The second one, the butterfly was just so to balance out the whole picture. But I agree that blurring it will help.

Warfare, I don't really understand any of that, but I'm sue someone else will. -.-"

Haha, I didn't trace it, but I did find a few dugong images to base it on. I didn't want to take away from the picture, because it is for a science project and I won't want to put any overlays or stuff over it because the whole project is about pictures, and we get a mark based on accuracy, etc. So I can't really add anything.

The second one, the butterfly was just so to balance out the whole picture. But I agree that blurring it will help.

Warfare, I don't really understand any of that, but I'm sue someone else will. -.-"

.....what part did you not understand? *raise a brow*

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
It's...PSE7. Photoshop Elements 7.

Anyway, I opened a shop in PokeStory...I realy hate it when people don't stock you with images.

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
I was bored; got an idea off of rant.

I find it amazing how people misuse dark blue exclusion layers, but it's so simple when you know which colors balance out each other. And it's pretty obvious that contrast gets sucked out from the image when you apply an exclusion layer, so that needs to be fixed as well.

The thing is that I never use it anymore, but I decided to try it once again and just play around with a slighty-vintage, yet bold and bright coloring.

you know.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Username/Nickname: §Suicune§
Some examples of your art:
I made this one today in celebration of my fish eating:
PeachesEdit-1.png

Photography counts as digital art, right?:
Blitzkreig.png

KC:
KellyRemake.png

Does this count as digital art?:
Murky_03.png

How long have you been making digital art?: Since like forever.
Have you read all of the rules?: Yessir Mister Rains

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
well since no one really is here, Welcome Suicune! Your work is lovly ♥

This place has kind of been dead, I've been on Hiatus for awhile now. Been busy, so I decided to try somthing again.

Untitledbattlefield2.png

I'm obsessed with glow..

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I like the second one the best. What I learned from photography, when shooting images like that laying down not up right its best to get it from a stright on angle, not from odd corners and such. The second one really shows this because the perfume bottle is in compleate focus.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
One of my fish died, and I'm planning to make a banner in memory of it. It was one of my favorite ones, its name was Blurf.

I like the second one the best. What I learned from photography, when shooting images like that laying down not up right its best to get it from a stright on angle, not from odd corners and such. The second one really shows this because the perfume bottle is in compleate focus.

:) Thank you. Yeah I do like it but it's not what I'll be using for my artclass. My teacher picked one of them for me to work with and so far it looks real nice and it makes me... happy. :D

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Here's the banner I made of Blurf, my deceased fish.

BlurfBanner.png

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life

I'm not sure if they're...um...

Anyone have some good fonts?

interstellas; Uhm, I don't know much about photography, but I guess I could say that those are some very good angles.

Angelic War. It's a really pretty font, and some must-haves are the vistor font for userbars (though I never do that nowadays), Never Let Go is a nice handwriting font and Just Me Again Down Here is a sort of neat printed font. Alo, you should probably ask Warfare.