• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Do Something Awesome for the World' Thread

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Something I've been noticing a lot lately is that there are so many problems in this world. Poverty, racism, corruption, and many other bad things. I've always known that these problems existed, but because I have been studying these problems, they have become so much more real to me than they were before. I can't help wondering what I could do to help solve some of these problems.

If you could do something to change the world for the better, what would that something be? How would you do it?

On a side note, if you could make the Internet a better place for everyone, what would you do?

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I would try to educate people about gay people, and try to get people to be more open minded..

Now...how to do that... :/

Shortman

Salute to humanity.
Let's rewind:

There are so many problems in this world. Poverty, racism, corruption, and many other bad things. If you could do something to change the world for the better, what would that something be? How would you do it?

I would try to educate people about gay people, and try to get people to be more open minded..

Now...how to do that... :/
So your number one agenda is trying to enlighten everyone with your views about gays' rights rather than, say, one of the problems I highlighted in the quote from OP's post?

Flame Mistress

What needs to be solved is the poverty in 3-world countries.

You still use the word "third world countries"?

Anyway, if I could do literally ANYTHING, I'd take chunks out of Antartica, melt the ice into water, distill it, and distribute it amongst countries that don't have enough access to clean water. More logically speaking... I honestly have no idea what I can do.

Ludwig

I could write about it on serbiiforums and hope that that will help. I won't though, as I don't care. I'd rather play chess.

Why do you care?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
If you could do something to change the world for the better, what would that something be? How would you do it?

Nothing at all because poverty, racism, corruption, and many other bad things will still exist and will never go away, and as a result I find it pointless to waste my time trying to solve these problem.

I got my own problem to worry about than care about other people that I don't know or really care for.

On a side note, if you could make the Internet a better place for everyone, what would you do?

Again nothing, the internet is a really big place where people can easily hide.

Let's rewind:

So your number one agenda is trying to enlighten everyone with your views about gays' rights rather than, say, one of the problems I highlighted in the quote from OP's post?

You should re-read the part you highlighted, homophobia would fall in racism or many other bad things so Toobworm is focusing on the problem.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I could write about it on serbiiforums and hope that that will help. I won't though, as I don't care. I'd rather play chess.

Why do you care?

Why do I care? Curiosity for the most part. Also, I like getting other people's insights about things like this. If you're going to make posts like that, then just don't post anything.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
That was not being sarcastic.

Indeed, but what seperated your post from others was that you didn't list away to help the world, while others did (except Shortman) and you also said you didn't care.

OT: I would stop any abuse of power over or involving people. This includes making sweatshop workers work for horribly low wages because its the only way they can get money, while you make bucket loads. Also I would put an end to human trafficing.

To help the internet, make a place for trolls to go to so they can leave the rest of us alone.

Shortman

Salute to humanity.
You should re-read the part you highlighted, homophobia would fall in racism or many other bad things so Toobworm is focusing on the problem.
Being gay isn't a race, so it's really discrimination rather than racism. Either way, the point I was trying to get across was that I find people going hungry to be more important than trying to impose personal opinions on others.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Kill all the lazy assholes.. which would make our population die out.. so yeah no.

I both agree and disagree, anyway, I would help homeless kids find a home, mainly by traveling the world gathering kids who are living in the streets and get them a warm place to live, I would also bring food to places that are full if poverty, that is what I would do

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Being gay isn't a race, so it's really discrimination rather than racism. Either way, the point I was trying to get across was that I find people going hungry to be more important than trying to impose personal opinions on others.

Discrimination is certainly a big problem in this world, so I see nothing wrong with wanting to do something to help reduce the amounts of descrimination.