• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Doctor Who Club v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Whoa, it's become Fanfiction Central in here! Just to clear things up, please don't go posting the entire things in this thread (though I doubt you were going to). Advertising of them in the way of blurbs and short previews like you two have done is fine, I guess. (It might be nice in future to stick any fairly long sections of fanfiction under a spoiler so that anyone not interested in reading them doesn't have to scroll through huge chunks of text. <-In hindsight to this comment: who am I to talk about huge chunks of text? *eyes the rest of her post*) I just don't want this place to become a discussion of Doctor Who fanfiction rather than a discussion of the programme itself.

Seeing as this isn't a fanfiction thread, I'll curb my instinct to go into a full out review and just give some random comments on each of them (but you might find a PM coming your way with some more in-depth crit, Nagash, because there's some stuff I'd like to say about yours).

UltimateNagash: It's fairly well-written, and the storyline from the blurb does sound interesting. Is it going to be a chaptered fic or just a longish one-shot? If it's the former I don't know if I could be bothered following it, but if the latter I'd be quite happy for you to PM me with the whole thing.

I was quite pleasantly surprised to see that you're using the Tenth Doctor, as I'd expected the Ninth from you. Bear in mind though that as this is me, if I do end up reading the whole thing and you mangle his character in any way, I will personally murder you. So no pressure there. :>

storymasterb: It was okay, but I agree with Yami Ryu that you need to improve generally in writing terms before going into Doctor Who fanfiction for the sake of doing the series justice. And have fun with the fact that this leads directly on from the end of Journey's End - when the Christmas special comes around, it might well lead on from there itself (though this year there's a chance it won't because we didn't get a cliffhanger), rendering your fic impossible to fit within canon.

Also, the Doctor came across as having forgotten that Donna was no longer there for a moment. I doubt he would do, seeing as it's probably going to be weighing heavily on his mind for a while.

Well the Ninth is the one born of battle and feeling the huge survival guilt so he's rough around the edges and often puts out a "don't touch me" image so compassion is hard to see in him. Though to me the Tenth isn't really much of an improvement on that "You get one warning", he's just more socialable and perhaps slightly more capable of forgiveness.

Ninth's compassion: Takes Rose to the day her father dies, the whole business with Margaret.
Ultimately though the Doctor's really beginning to run low on compassion after everything he's been through.

I loved the whole Library two parter, great example of "timey-wimy" as well as the Doctor's reputation and power.

I'm sorry, but I greatly disagree with the bolded part. The way I see it, the Doctor's lived for so long and seen so much suffering and death that he can't bear to see any more if he can help it. He's harbouring so much sadness and guilt for all the deaths - particularly those of the Time Lords, of course - that he feels were his fault, or even that he just feels he might have been able to prevent. Add to this the fact that he clearly believes every single sentient individual to be worth something no matter how apparently insignificant others might see them, and you get someone who'll do almost anything to stop yet another person suffering.

Take an example which draws a lot of attention to this: the scene at the end of Evolution of the Daleks where the Doctor confronts Dalek Caan. The Daleks are responsible for his loss of the Time Lords, his loss of Rose, but the Doctor still showed compassion to Dalek Sec and helped him when he started to change his views on humanity. The other three Daleks threw that compassion back in his face, killed Dalek Sec and then committed genocide on an entire species - one which was part Time Lord, which clearly upset and angered the Doctor a great deal. Yet he still gave Dalek Caan the chance to live and offered to help him, even specifically stating that it was because he'd seen one genocide that day and did not want to be responsible for another. Perhaps, because Dalek Caan was now the last of his kind, the Doctor identified with him and could put aside the fact that he was a Dalek simply because he knew how Caan felt (or would feel if he had any capacity for emotion. But he's a member of the Cult of Skaro, so you never know,) and felt sorry for him.

You've also got the later part of that scene where Tallulah brings in the dying Laszlo. She asks if the Doctor can save him, and he looks at her very sorrowfully for a moment before leaping up and exclaiming, "Too many people have died today! Wayyy too many people! ... And I am not having one more death, d'you hear me? Not one!"

As for the "You have one chance" thing, that in itself is compassionate. A nice example of this is in The Poison Sky where he goes up into the Sontaran ship with the atmospheric converter for the sake of giving them a choice. He could quite easily have sent it up on a timer like Martha suggests, but that would have destroyed the Sontarans without any chance of them escaping. So instead, even though he must have known that there was no way General Staal would decide to retreat (he is a Sontaran), the Doctor sacrifices himself (well, intends to anyway) to give them that option of survival. Because if he'd just killed them all without asking them first, it would have made him practically a monster.

To use an even more egregious example, there's the Human Nature two-parter. Oh, undoubtedly the punishments he inflicts on the Family are ruthless and terrible (it was one of those moments where I actually became slightly scared of the Doctor), though it should at least be noted that he took no pleasure whatsoever in doing it. But before all that, the Doctor went to very great pains to turn himself human for three months, not because he was hiding, but because he was giving the Family their chance to have their time and die. Baines even said it himself in his voiceover; the Doctor was being kind.

Apart from these chances he gives being an act of compassion when he could simply destroy his foe straight away, you've also got the fact that the Doctor will often go to his enemies with the words: "I can help." Obviously there are a few races he doesn't even bother trying this on (read: Daleks), but he recognises that a lot of his enemies are only doing what they do because they want something perfectly reasonable and are simply trying to get it through immoral means, or because there's something wrong with them in the vein of the Master's drumming in his head. By offering help, the Doctor tries to give them what they're after while also minimising any suffering to anyone else, because with the TARDIS and his intelligence and power, there are things he can do that others might only be able to manage by hurting a lot of people.

Whew. I said I was capable of writing an essay. D:

It is interesting to note, though, that the Doctor's compassion does have a limit to it or else he'd give everything unlimited chances - but then again, a line does have to be drawn to prevent too many people being hurt if someone decided to turn down his offers again and again. The question of what it takes to make the Doctor snap from compassion to mercilessness is a good one, I think.

I'll just finish by saying this is one hella interesting topic we've managed to start a discussion on, and I've really enjoyed thinking about it. Replies would be great, because I'd love to keep this discussion going.

Well, there's the end of the The Doctor Dances as well, "Everybody lives, just this once Rose, everybody lives".
He pitied the Gelth as well, don't you forget...

One of the things I like about the Ninth Doctor more than the Tenth is a bit of the writing, how he 'wins'. I know things like the orange is amusing, but it's also to lucky, as such...

What do you mean exactly by how he "wins"? It's not clear.

Also, I personally don't think the satsuma was luck, as such. The Doctor didn't just throw it randomly; his expression turned a lot darker as he did, meaning he fully intended for the shot to kill the Sycorax Leader. He must have realised the Leader was coming up behind him and known what the button he threw the satsuma at did, making the act actually quite calculated despite it looking like a stroke of luck.

Which is one of the many things I like about the Tenth Doctor, myself. He makes things look spontaneous and haphazard, but actually there's quite a bit of logic and planning hidden away underneath there. I'd say it works fairly well to keep his enemies off-guard. Example because I'm apparently loving them this post: the scene in The Family of Blood where he stumbles into the Family's spaceship, "accidentally" pressing buttons as he does so.

To finish off, because I'm sure this post will be far too tl;dr for a lot of people, I'll just end by encouraging all of you who haven't done the Awards topic yet to do so whenever you have a spare moment. Remember, if you think it'll take you too long, you can always just pick a few - I'd still love to read your opinions on the series.

Also, if you're looking for somewhere to get fairly accurate quotes from, try Wikiquote. It has a lot of the best quotes from each episode.

-elyvorg/Martha

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
No, I wasn't posting the entire story here. That's just something to whet your appetite :p And unfortunately for you elyvorg, it is an entire story, my plan at the moment has sixteen chapters.
And the reason I'm writing for the Tenth Doctor instead of the Ninth, well, I can't write the Ninth Doctor. Plus, the whole thing is that I don't think having him meet another Time Lord works, because it just doesn't work. You see?

And that's the thing I don't like about the Tenth Doctor. Sure, they seem random but are planned, but I prefer the way how we see him make the solution. Of course, I haven't actually written the ending for this story yet, but I know roughly where it's going. But it's not going to use one of those endings, it's all going to make sense in the end.
But I am changing the story as I write it, that blurb is now wrong. Ah well, I'll post a new one along with the entire story. I'll just put a link when I've finished it...

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
I'd like to re-join please.

I watch Doctor Who every week, it's an AMAZING show, definitely my favourite Science-Fiction series in existence. I also enjoy the Sarah Jane Adventures, and Torchwood whenever I have the chance to watch it, but it being on really late stops me from watching it unless it's on at 7 for some reason or if I decide to watch it on I-player. I saw the finale of the last series, it had a kewl plot twist, but nothing is as good as a Doctor Who Finale.

My favourite Doctor is David Tennant, due to his huge acting talent, and not having seen any of the other Doctors except Christopher Eccleson.

By the way, is it possible for me to claim that clone of the Doctor? If not, I'd liek to claim Donna Noble.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Nagash - what do you mean, see him make the solution? I'm not sure what you mean, and I can't think of any instances for the Ninth Doctor that might be what you're on about.

BlazikenBud: You're in, welcome. I did think about it, but I'm going to let you have the Human Doctor. Despite being pretty similar, he's enough of a separate entity for him and the real Doctor to exist in the same place at the same time without any crossing of timelines going on, plus he's got a different internal biology and a slightly different mindset.

Sucks that you aren't allowed up late enough to watch Torchwood when it's on at the normal time. D: I had that with the first series, but thankfully I had Sky+ to record it for me so I could watch it the next day.

-elyvorg/Martha

Last edited:

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Another example:
The Family of Blood: I just didn't like the ending. Maybe that's a bit of bias to it. The whole "olfactory ventriloquism" thing. Coulda just used the bio-dampner for a similar effect just long enough to distract them. Same result, less of a cop-out...

And I should mention this mainly because I'm thinking about it now: people complain about the gay bits of Doctor Who, but can we just look at the other angle, of straight people shown in it. There's far more of them...
Luke Rattigan, Martha, Rose, Adam, Donna, Gwyneth, Lynda, Mrs Moore, Madame de Pompadour etc etc...
Oh dear, I seemed to have just screwed up everyones anti-gay theories. Wow, and you know what, just to top it all off?I'll invent the banana daiquiri three centuries early, just to spoil the Doctor's plan. Either that, or a quick Extermination from aboard the Crucible eh?

Last edited:

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Still don't get what you mean by "we see him make the solution". :/

And how is a biodamper meant to mask smell? The one in The Runaway Bride was supposed to just stop the Santas tracing Donna - nothing more was specified. So I highly doubt they were after her by smelling, what with being, you know, robots and all.

But now it seems to me that your problem isn't with the Tenth Doctor himself at all, it's just with occasional lazy writing in his episodes. Which the Ninth Doctor is not immune to, either. Might I point out the use of anti-plastic?

I agree with you on the gay thing. I've never understood how Doctor Who having a few more gay couples than in other shows could have any effect on the fact that it's a brilliant programme. Heck, you can even pretty much justify the ones in the future from the presumption that the human race has grown a lot more accepting of it as time has passed.

Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are goooood... *nods*

-elyvorg/Martha

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Still don't get what you mean by "we see him make the solution". :/
Well, instead of it coming together a bit last minute really. You could figure out the Nancy bit (Empty Child), but you couldn't figure out the ending to quite a few of the Tenth Doctor. Again, more a problem with the writing than anything...
And how is a biodamper meant to mask smell? The one in The Runaway Bride was supposed to just stop the Santas tracing Donna - nothing more was specified. So I highly doubt they were after her by smelling, what with being, you know, robots and all.
No, but I expect it worked by masking her humanity on all fronts. Personally, it's a better explanation than olfactory ventriloquism. Because if you're hiding what species you are, or who you are, one way to tell is smell. Dogs do it, and many animals use urine to mark territories. It's a valid thing to mask.
But now it seems to me that your problem isn't with the Tenth Doctor himself at all, it's just with occasional lazy writing in his episodes.
Admittedly, yes, it is... I'm rewatching series 1 now, got the DVD box set for £30 :), and the only episode I don't really like watching is Father's Day. I don't know why, I just don't.
But rewatching Bad Wolf made me remember they should have let Lynda live. Her, the Doctor and Wilf would be an awesome show. Don't you agree? :D
Getting back to the point though, the episodes of the Tenth Doctor I didn't like are:
The Christmas Invasion (the ending), New Earth, Fear Her, Voyage of the Damned, Midnight (not for reasons other specify actually. I just didn't like it, not sure why really...), Turn Left (Rose didn't need to appear, she didn't add anything to the finale. I could have written it better TBH, and I'm not being conceited. The Dimension Cannon was a rubbish explanation as well) and Journey's End (same as before).
I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but that's just the episodes, not the solutions. And yes, I know people won't like my opinions on the Rose front, but she didn't need to come back, I didn't think she added anything to the story, plus she didn't really do anything. But Mickey coming back was awesome though. As was the Crucible itself. Not keen on the Reality Bomb, but hey, I was more annoyed on the Rose front. Russell should have just left her in the parallel dimension, she was written out. She didn't have to come back, and as I've said at least twice before in this thread, I don't think she added anything to the story.
Which the Ninth Doctor is not immune to, either. Might I point out the use of anti-plastic?
I agree that the aspect of what anti-plastic is, but it was established before hand, and no silly revelations were needed. Sure Rose saying she had done gymnastics might seem a revelation, but I could have done that swing, you jut had to give it a go really.
I agree with you on the gay thing. I've never understood how Doctor Who having a few more gay couples than in other shows could have any effect on the fact that it's a brilliant programme. Heck, you can even pretty much justify the ones in the future from the presumption that the human race has grown a lot more accepting of it as time has passed.
Exactly - there were just a few more appearing, still in a far less ratio than straight people appearing. Which really annoyed me. It wasn't a big deal thing, the fact they were gay (even Jack), never really changed how the story went. Like the Cassini Sisters (sp?) - them being a couple didn't change the story, could have had one be a bloke and there wouldn't be any impact to the story. Just a little in-joke bit removed and replaced with another.
Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are goooood... *nods*
Nice swap by the way ;)

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Well, instead of it coming together a bit last minute really. You could figure out the Nancy bit (Empty Child), but you couldn't figure out the ending to quite a few of the Tenth Doctor. Again, more a problem with the writing than anything...
Heh, I guess I just prefer unexpected endings as, to me, it's more exciting if I can't tell what's going to happen next. Some of the cliffhangers lose their impact if I can tell how they're going to be escaped from before I see it happen, you know? Rather than surprising me, it just becomes, "Oh. Knew that was going to happen."

No, but I expect it worked by masking her humanity on all fronts. Personally, it's a better explanation than olfactory ventriloquism. Because if you're hiding what species you are, or who you are, one way to tell is smell. Dogs do it, and many animals use urine to mark territories. It's a valid thing to mask.
But the Santas weren't searching for Donna by species - I mean, looking for a human on Earth is like looking for a needle in a needle stack. The biodamper couldn't have been masking her humanity - heck, if it had and she'd suddenly not appeared like a human to the Santas, wouldn't it have made her even more noticeable?

Besides, the Doctor going into the Family's spaceship pretending to be John Smith but wearing a ring might have got him noticed.

But rewatching Bad Wolf made me remember they should have let Lynda live. Her, the Doctor and Wilf would be an awesome show. Don't you agree? :D
Depends which Doctor. =P

Getting back to the point though, the episodes of the Tenth Doctor I didn't like are:
The Christmas Invasion (the ending), New Earth, Fear Her, Voyage of the Damned, Midnight (not for reasons other specify actually. I just didn't like it, not sure why really...), Turn Left (Rose didn't need to appear, she didn't add anything to the finale. I could have written it better TBH, and I'm not being conceited. The Dimension Cannon was a rubbish explanation as well) and Journey's End (same as before).
Well, a lot of those episodes are ones that lots of people didn't like (except me; New Earth is one of my favourites in its series, and I don't mind any of the others you mentioned. Well, Fear Her is a bit meh, but...). Midnight seemed to split people between loving and hating it, so I can understand that, too.

I actually agree with you on the Rose issue, pretty much. I don't really think she detracted from the episodes, but her presence didn't really do anything for me. And it would have been nice if she hadn't spent almost the entirety of The Stolen Earth moping about the Doctor. I kept wanting to shake her and tell her, "You've got into his dimension, so you're going to see him sooner or later! Be happy about that and stop complaining that you can't see him right this second!"

...yeah.

I think her presence was somewhat more necessary in Turn Left as she actually took charge and didn't mope so much. Donna needed some kind of guide to tell her that she had to change the world back to how it was, and I reckon Rose was probably the best choice for that role. Some random UNIT person, like, say, Captain Magumbo or whatever her name was, would have been less interesting.

I agree that the aspect of what anti-plastic is, but it was established before hand, and no silly revelations were needed.
It wasn't really given much attention beforehand - just a brief scene along the lines of, "I'm going to kill it with anti-plastic," wasn't it?

They could have done a scene like this in The Family of Blood with the olfactory misdirection, in the bit between John Smith opening the watch and the Doctor arriving on the spaceship. Presumably, offscreen, after coming back, the Doctor would have discussed briefly with Martha, Tim and Joan what he was going to do - I can see Martha pointing out that the Family will be able to smell him now and the Doctor quickly explaining the ventriloquism of the nose, which would have technically been "establishing" it. But what would have been the point? It'd have ruined the ambiguity of the scene in the spaceship - I myself wasn't completely sure whether it was John Smith or the Doctor pretending until he caught the watch and gave up the act - and it would have also dampened the moment of the Doctor's return, making it just "The Doctor is back! Whoo!", rather than, "The Doctor is back, he's fooled the Family and now he's making their spaceship explode! Whoo!"

Exactly - there were just a few more appearing, still in a far less ratio than straight people appearing. Which really annoyed me. It wasn't a big deal thing, the fact they were gay (even Jack), never really changed how the story went. Like the Cassini Sisters (sp?) - them being a couple didn't change the story, could have had one be a bloke and there wouldn't be any impact to the story. Just a little in-joke bit removed and replaced with another.
I liked the Cassini "sisters", for some reason. Their banter with Branningan over them being actually married amused me.

Or maybe that's just because Brannigan is awesome. Who knows?

Nice swap by the way ;)

Keep it with you. Good source of potassium!

(oh yes. I can do Ninth Doctor quotes, too; don't think I can't!)

-elyvorg/Martha

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Heh, I guess I just prefer unexpected endings as, to me, it's more exciting if I can't tell what's going to happen next. Some of the cliffhangers lose their impact if I can tell how they're going to be escaped from before I see it happen, you know? Rather than surprising me, it just becomes, "Oh. Knew that was going to happen."
See, that's something I don't like. I prefer the logical and worked out conclusion, not some flurry of genius. But then I'm also of the mind that the Aztecs was awesome, and not all stories need to have an alien villain or any villain really. Just people with different moralities to us.
But the Santas weren't searching for Donna by species - I mean, looking for a human on Earth is like looking for a needle in a needle stack. The biodamper couldn't have been masking her humanity - heck, if it had and she'd suddenly not appeared like a human to the Santas, wouldn't it have made her even more noticeable?
Well, I guess it makes her appear to be a bland ordinary run of the mill ape...
Besides, the Doctor going into the Family's spaceship pretending to be John Smith but wearing a ring might have got him noticed.
Not really. It's quite unnoticeable really. Rings are like that, unless extra sparkly ;)
Depends which Doctor. =P
The Ninth Doctor would probably like Wilf even more, plus Lynda liked the Ninth :)
Well, a lot of those episodes are ones that lots of people didn't like (except me; New Earth is one of my favourites in its series, and I don't mind any of the others you mentioned. Well, Fear Her is a bit meh, but...). Midnight seemed to split people between loving and hating it, so I can understand that, too.
Midnight I didn't hate, I just thought it was a bit meh... Loved the CGI though. Beautiful
I actually agree with you on the Rose issue, pretty much. I don't really think she detracted from the episodes, but her presence didn't really do anything for me. And it would have been nice if she hadn't spent almost the entirety of The Stolen Earth moping about the Doctor. I kept wanting to shake her and tell her, "You've got into his dimension, so you're going to see him sooner or later! Be happy about that and stop complaining that you can't see him right this second!"
And that's my problem. She didn't help at all in the first part, and the Doctor would have gone to Earth and find it vanished anyway at some point. Could have just landed and say just thought we'd make a quick stop off at the rift, and then BOOM, planet gone...
I think her presence was somewhat more necessary in Turn Left as she actually took charge and didn't mope so much. Donna needed some kind of guide to tell her that she had to change the world back to how it was, and I reckon Rose was probably the best choice for that role. Some random UNIT person, like, say, Captain Magumbo or whatever her name was, would have been less interesting.
Yeah, but it could have been done. Maybe it's just because I'm of the stance, that when you've written them out, don't bring them back. Her story was done, it didn't add anything for her. Plus it was a cop-out for her anyway in a sense.
It wasn't really given much attention beforehand - just a brief scene along the lines of, "I'm going to kill it with anti-plastic," wasn't it?
Yes it was, there wasn't much behind it, but it was introduced when the "big bad" was first shown...
They could have done a scene like this in The Family of Blood with the olfactory misdirection, in the bit between John Smith opening the watch and the Doctor arriving on the spaceship. Presumably, offscreen, after coming back, the Doctor would have discussed briefly with Martha, Tim and Joan what he was going to do - I can see Martha pointing out that the Family will be able to smell him now and the Doctor quickly explaining the ventriloquism of the nose, which would have technically been "establishing" it. But what would have been the point? It'd have ruined the ambiguity of the scene in the spaceship - I myself wasn't completely sure whether it was John Smith or the Doctor pretending until he caught the watch and gave up the act - and it would have also dampened the moment of the Doctor's return, making it just "The Doctor is back! Whoo!", rather than, "The Doctor is back, he's fooled the Family and now he's making their spaceship explode! Whoo!"
Could have been done afterwards. Just something small like
"How'd you trick them?"
"Bio-dampner. They were looking for a Time Lord, this just hid it. Long enough for me to destroy their ship."
Rubbish work, but just coming straight from my thoughts. He didn't need that long to do what he did, and then could have told them he'd set the ship to explode.
I liked the Cassini "sisters", for some reason. Their banter with Branningan over them being actually married amused me.
Me to, good bit of banter and all that, which wouldn't of been as good if it had been a straight couple. It's just showing one of those jokey relationships that these people would get because of how long they've been near each other. You just build up these little repertoires of jokes that you use, because it's the things you know. Good bit of showing psychology there you know.
Or maybe that's just because Brannigan is awesome. Who knows?
That to ;)
Keep it with you. Good source of potassium!
Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh.
In other words, who cares :p
(oh yes. I can do Ninth Doctor quotes, too; don't think I can't!)
I can do Tenth Doctor quotes as well as Ninth, you know :p

EX-TERM-IN-NATE! (I know you spell Exterminate with one n, but sounding it out doesn't work. You say Ex-term-in-ate, with no emphasis on the nate bit of it. A technicality in other words ;)

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
I like how the two of us have pretty much hijacked the third page. xD Everyone else, you can join in this discussion if you like. ^^;

See, that's something I don't like. I prefer the logical and worked out conclusion, not some flurry of genius. But then I'm also of the mind that the Aztecs was awesome, and not all stories need to have an alien villain or any villain really. Just people with different moralities to us.
Well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on what makes an entertaining plot. I do agree with you on the villain thing, though - people like, say, Miss Foster, who aren't actually doing their "evil" deeds for evil ends, make for interesting antagonists.
Well, I guess it makes her appear to be a bland ordinary run of the mill ape...
So if the Doctor were to wear it, it'd make him appear to be a bland ordinary run-of-the-mill Time Lord? :x

And if you're about to say it'd make him seem like a human too, I doubt the biodamper makes any and every species look like a human. It was probably created on some far off planet whose inhabitants wouldn't have any reason to build a device designed to make something appear to be human.

Not really. It's quite unnoticeable really. Rings are like that, unless extra sparkly ;)
I'd been assuming that as hunters, the Family might be extremely perceptive to little things like that. Admittedly, though, perhaps not.

The Ninth Doctor would probably like Wilf even more, plus Lynda liked the Ninth :)
Lynda would probably like the Tenth even more, plus Wilf liked the Tenth.

And the Tenth Doctor likes everyone. Simple fact. :3

And that's my problem. She didn't help at all in the first part, and the Doctor would have gone to Earth and find it vanished anyway at some point. Could have just landed and say just thought we'd make a quick stop off at the rift, and then BOOM, planet gone...

Yeah, but it could have been done. Maybe it's just because I'm of the stance, that when you've written them out, don't bring them back. Her story was done, it didn't add anything for her. Plus it was a cop-out for her anyway in a sense.

Yeah, I do agree with you on most of this. I wouldn't have been surprised if she'd been brought back purely to please the fans, but Billie said that it'd already been decided when Rose was written out that she would return at some point. And her ending was blatantly just to please the shippers. Though apparently it annoyed a lot of them even further. :/

Could have been done afterwards. Just something small like
"How'd you trick them?"
"Bio-dampner. They were looking for a Time Lord, this just hid it. Long enough for me to destroy their ship."
Rubbish work, but just coming straight from my thoughts. He didn't need that long to do what he did, and then could have told them he'd set the ship to explode.

(Irrelevant note: actually, not bad work, IMO. I can imagine those exact words coming out of the Doctor's mouth.)

How would explaining it afterwards have been any less of a cop out than explaining the olfactory misdirection was during that scene? And I still think it makes more sense that he'd explain to Martha beforehand, because she's smart enough to realise that he can't just go wandering into the ship smelling like a Time Lord, so she'd likely have asked him what his plan was.

To be honest, though, I'd never given the olfactory misdirection trick much thought before you brought it up, and as such, it never bothered me. With the ending of The Family of Blood, I was too busy with the aforementioned "The Doctor is back, he's fooled the Family and now he's making their spaceship explode! Whoo!" and then with being astounded and disturbed by the punishments he gave them.

There's also the fact that I rather liked the phrase "ventriloquism of the nose". Amusing lines make me ask less questions about things. Oh yes.

EX-TERM-IN-NATE! (I know you spell Exterminate with one n, but sounding it out doesn't work. You say Ex-term-in-ate, with no emphasis on the nate bit of it. A technicality in other words ;)

Never mind that. EXTERMINIEREN! :<

-elyvorg/Martha

Last edited:

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
I like how the two of us have pretty much hijacked the third page. xD Everyone else, you can join in this discussion if you like. ^^;
Yeah, what is with that? It's actually a very good discussion as well, actually talking about things we do/don't like about Doctor Who and discussing it without any raving fan hate comments.

Well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on what makes an entertaining plot.
Well, yeah, it's really only because I like working things out before the Doctor :D Rarely do, but you know, once in a while is always nice ;)
I do agree with you on the villain thing, though - people like, say, Miss Foster, who aren't actually doing their "evil" deeds for evil ends, make for interesting antagonists.
It does allow far better stories. Although sometimes just having the villains (the Daleks etc work best for this, but even they are just doing it because they believe they are right, just like anyone else who have done similar things... Or they're following orders, and it's not their personal feelings.)

So if the Doctor were to wear it, it'd make him appear to be a bland ordinary run-of-the-mill Time Lord? :x

And if you're about to say it'd make him seem like a human too, I doubt the biodamper makes any and every species look like a human. It was probably created on some far off planet whose inhabitants wouldn't have any reason to build a device designed to make something appear to be human.
If he can do olfactory ventriloquism, than he could do a thing to a bio-dampner (probably). Eh, TBH the whole bit of that wasn't needed, he could have just done a quick talk:
"If you look closely you'll notice I've just reversed your weapon feeds into your engines. Because if I were you, I wouldn't have let me do that. Could result in, oh, I don't know, a massive backfeed of energy that would destroy your ship. And by the looks of it, you've got, oh, ten seconds before it blows. Byeeee!"
I'd been assuming that as hunters, the Family might be extremely perceptive to little things like that. Admittedly, though, perhaps not.
They didn't see what they looked like, so not that great really :p
Lynda would probably like the Tenth even more, plus Wilf liked the Tenth.
I think he would have too much youthful energy behind him. And Wilf only doesn't like people who threaten the people he cares about. Ie Sontarans, Daleks etc :D
And the Tenth Doctor likes everyone. Simple fact. :3
True, I just prefer the Ninth.
but Billie said that it'd already been decided when Rose was written out that she would return at some point.
Rubbish! I don't believe that you know. It was to please the fans, and I'm a fan who was pleased. I was much more interested in the Supreme Dalek and the Crucible than anything.
And her ending was blatantly just to please the shippers. Though apparently it annoyed a lot of them even further. :/
Shippers can go, well, smeg off...
(Irrelevant note: actually, not bad work, IMO. I can imagine those exact words coming out of the Doctor's mouth.)
Which is why I'm awesome at writing fiction. I'm brilliant with speeches. Like the one up above. Or one I've worked out for my fan-fic. But if you want another one, here's a little preview of a work-in progress speech the Doctor makes:
"Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a sonic weapon. And do you know what sonic weapons don't like." streams off the Doctor rapidly, before reaching in his pocket and pulling out a small cylindrical device; his sonic screwdriver.
"A sonic tool."
"Oh, not just any sonic device. A sonic screwdriver. And what do screwdrivers do if you twist them the other way? Undo screws." he replied, smiling as he did so. And before Tayn could reply, he aimed the screwdriver and switched it on, setting 2N-R, sending sonic waves out at the mounted weapon, disrupting it's feed.
"Brilliant. Completely harmless, ever so small, yet it manages to defeat you. You with all your power, your army, all your might, defeated by one tiny screwdriver. That's not very impressive of you now, is it?"
How would explaining it afterwards have been any less of a cop out than explaining the olfactory misdirection was during that scene? And I still think it makes more sense that he'd explain to Martha beforehand, because she's smart enough to realise that he can't just go wandering into the ship smelling like a Time Lord, so she'd likely have asked him what his plan was.
It's really only because it's something that's already been used.
To be honest, though, I'd never given the olfactory misdirection trick much thought before you brought it up, and as such, it never bothered me. With the ending of The Family of Blood, I was too busy with the aforementioned "The Doctor is back, he's fooled the Family and now he's making their spaceship explode! Whoo!" and then with being astounded and disturbed by the punishments he gave them.
See, that's how the scene was written, to do that. It's a line that you're designed to accept because awesome stuff is happening. But to me, that smacks a little bit of lazy writing. After an amazing 75 odd minutes, that line kinda ruined it for me. Not enough to discount it from one of the Best New Who Stories, but it just jarred me slightly. Rewatching the episodes, they're still brilliant.

You know what, you can have your Series Four episode stuff, I'm going one better: The entire series :p
Best Single Parter
Best Two/Three Parter (Utopia-Last of the Time Lords, Turn Left-Journey's End)
Best Villain
Best Long Term Companion (Rose, Martha, Donna)
Best Recurring Character (Wilf, Mickey etc)
Best One Off Companion (Astrid, Lynda etc)
Best Solution
Best Book
Best Costumes
Best Sets
Brandishing it in his hand, “Never leave without one. You never know when you'll want to put up some shelves.”

Another quote from my fanfic. Koodos to Mr Moffat for that great original line.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Okay, so I go away for three days and no-one posts. That says a lot about the current activeness of this club. :/ Come on, everyone - there's loads of things that have been mentioned in our discussions here that you could comment on!

Well, yeah, it's really only because I like working things out before the Doctor :D Rarely do, but you know, once in a while is always nice ;)
xD. I suppose feeling smarter than the Doctor must be a nice sensation, admittedly.
It does allow far better stories. Although sometimes just having the villains (the Daleks etc work best for this, but even they are just doing it because they believe they are right, just like anyone else who have done similar things... Or they're following orders, and it's not their personal feelings.)
I think this is a thing with any decent story, really, to have a villian with motives other than just evil for the sake of evil. It's good that Doctor Who does this a lot, though - see the part about the Doctor offering to help in my long post about his compassion at the top of this page.

(Apparently, I'm too lazy to ramble on the same thing twice.)

If he can do olfactory ventriloquism, than he could do a thing to a bio-dampner (probably).
Eh, I suppose he could have sonicked it to divert slightly from its usual purpose, but... meh.

Eh, TBH the whole bit of that wasn't needed, he could have just done a quick talk:
"If you look closely you'll notice I've just reversed your weapon feeds into your engines. Because if I were you, I wouldn't have let me do that. Could result in, oh, I don't know, a massive backfeed of energy that would destroy your ship. And by the looks of it, you've got, oh, ten seconds before it blows. Byeeee!"
If he had come in acting like a Time Lord, the Family would have been on him and extracting his Time Lord essence (however the heck they intended to do that) in a flash, before he'd have had the chance to press enough buttons. The pretending-to-be-John-Smith front was to keep them off-guard for long enough.

Besides, it'd have ruined the ambiguity of that scene in that I couldn't be sure whether it really was John Smith or whether it was just the Doctor acting until the same moment the Family realised for themselves.
They didn't see what they looked like, so not that great really :p
Good point. Though according to Martha's blog on Myspace, that's only because the Doctor had his hands over his face.

I think he would have too much youthful energy behind him.
Is there anything wrong with youthful energy? xP

Aha, got you there.

Rubbish! I don't believe that you know. It was to please the fans, and I'm a fan who was[n't?] pleased.
After a recent application of logic to my own ends, I've decided that it's in my best interests to believe that Billie really did know she was coming back and lied to the press about nothing being confirmed (which she did mention she'd enjoyed doing in one of her interviews). My logic is something along the lines of: if Billie Piper lied to the press about not knowing whether she'd be back later when she knew she would be, then a similar thing might be going on now with David Tennant. Which would mean that his insistence of knowing nothing about his presence in Series 5 as of yet could be a lie.

Yes, this is the way my mind works. Go away.

Which is why I'm awesome at writing fiction. I'm brilliant with speeches. Like the one up above. Or one I've worked out for my fan-fic. But if you want another one, here's a little preview of a work-in progress speech the Doctor makes:
"Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a sonic weapon. And do you know what sonic weapons don't like." streams off the Doctor rapidly, before reaching in his pocket and pulling out a small cylindrical device; his sonic screwdriver.
"A sonic tool."
"Oh, not just any sonic device. A sonic screwdriver. And what do screwdrivers do if you twist them the other way? Undo screws." he replied, smiling as he did so. And before Tayn could reply, he aimed the screwdriver and switched it on, setting 2N-R, sending sonic waves out at the mounted weapon, disrupting it's feed.
"Brilliant. Completely harmless, ever so small, yet it manages to defeat you. You with all your power, your army, all your might, defeated by one tiny screwdriver. That's not very impressive of you now, is it?"
Eh, that doesn't give me quite the same spot-on vibe that your last one did. I can see that in your mind you're probably picturing the Doctor saying it all and it's coming out brilliantly, but I don't think you quite captured that Doctor-ness in text form. I reckon just little things like mentioning a cheeky glint in his eye or implying somehow in the narration how in control of the situation he is might give it more of his natural brilliance.

It doesn't help that you've got tense confusion at the start, either. This reminds me that I still intend to send you a nice crit-filled PM about your preview on the previous page. =P

See, that's how the scene was written, to do that. It's a line that you're designed to accept because awesome stuff is happening. But to me, that smacks a little bit of lazy writing. After an amazing 75 odd minutes, that line kinda ruined it for me. Not enough to discount it from one of the Best New Who Stories, but it just jarred me slightly. Rewatching the episodes, they're still brilliant.

For the first two sentences there: yes, and it certainly worked on me. =D It still doesn't bother me, but I suppose I do find very occasionally that tiny little things during awesome scenes can jar me slightly. Like... I dunno, most times I rewatch Journey's End and Davros is screaming that nothing can stop his Reality Bomb, I can't help thinking "Nope, nothing at all... except that button there". But something like that doesn't stop it being awesome.

Fine then, I'll do your awards =P (though you've still yet to do mine).

Best Single Parter
Most of the episodes that are my favourites tend to be second-in-two-parters, or firsts as well in the case of every twelfth episode (I always like episode 12 for some reason). So for best single parter, I'll have to go for The Doctor's Daughter, because... well, do I really need to go on about how brilliant David Tennant's acting is again? This was one of the episodes where he really shone, considering the situation the Doctor found himself in with Jenny.

Also, it had the Hath, who were awesome. :3 They come in third on my "I want one" list, below the Adipose and the Ood.

Best Two/Three Parter
While Journey's End is my favourite episode yet, it's mostly for the content of that specific episode, and I actually don't think that, what with Turn Left, those three held together so well as a three-part story as much as others have. When it comes down to simple storytelling in the space of two/three episodes, you can't beat the Silence in the Library two-parter. All the questions that were asked in the first part were seamlessly answered in the second, and they were just generally awesome episodes overall. I'm sure most people would agree with me here.

Best Villain
The Master, because he was so good at the villain thing and managed to completely own everybody, including the Doctor, for the best part of two episodes. And because we all need a good evil psycho every once in a while. He gets bonus points for setting into motion the doom of planet Earth while dancing to Voodoo Child, as well.

Best Long Term Companion
While Donna deserves a mention for being awesome, I like Martha more because, I dunno, she just seems a little better as an all around character. The way I think of it is that Rose had her head in the clouds, Donna had her feet on the ground - but Martha managed to have both. She may have adored the Doctor, but that didn't stop her challenging him whenever something was more important to her than what he told her to do. As a medical student, she was smart and had the skills that really tended to come in handy while travelling with the Doctor, but she naturally also had that really caring side. Which didn't stop her from having an assertive personality with the ability to defend herself and snap at people when she needed to - but in a less abrasive way than Donna.

Whew. That ended up being a tad longer than I'd intended.

Best Recurring Character
Wilf, largely because of his immensely amusing attitude towards aliens. On the one hand, he loves the prospect of meeting one; on the other, he gets riled up whenever they try to invade Earth for the umpteenth time. The line: "Whaddaya want this time, yeh green swines?!" yelled whilst wielding a cricket bat comes to mind. xD Then there's also how much he cares for Donna and loves the fact that she's getting the chance to go out into the stars and see all these things for herself.

Best One-Off Companion
Does this mean anyone who agreed to travel with the Doctor but was offed before they could get a chance to? If so, Jenny. Partly because I liked her bubbly personality, but mostly because of the emotions she invoked in the Doctor simply by existing. And by challenging him, too - insisting how much of a soldier he was got some delightfully awkward speechlessness out of him.

Best Solution
I have a few which I can't decide between and/or want to mention all of, and for some reason they're all in Series 3. I liked the moment in Last of the Time Lords where it's revealed that actually the gun was a huge red herring and Martha had been travelling the world simply to tell a story (I know nearly everyone else hates this for whatever reason, but I find the fact that she spent a whole year at it makes it much less of a cop out than a lot of people seem to think it is). There's the solution to Blink with the Angels facing one another which is just so clever yet simple. I like the "Give back what they took" solution of 42 - a more expected solution would perhaps have been brute force, but it's nice that just giving the sun what it wanted was kind, simple and enough to make it let go. And then Evolution of the Daleks with the putting a bit of Time Lord into the human-Daleks to give them freedom of choice... I dunno, I just found it good, really.

Best Book
I can't decide between two. There's Peacemaker, which has some great writing with some really awesome lines ("The Doctor was a Time Lord, and he moved between ticks of the clock," to give just one example). In particular, the way some of the character's dialogue is written makes them feel so real; it's set in the Wild West, and I can actually hear the accents when I'm reading the words these characters are saying. The plotline is also great, with several moments/situations that really show how much the Doctor and Martha care about each other.

The other contender is Wetworld, which also has a plotline able to get the best out of the relationship between the Doctor and Martha (I'm a sucker for that stuff) and is just a really nice, twisty, mystery-packed plotline regardless. It has some of the cutest intelligent otters I have ever read about (ignoring the fact that they're the only intelligent otters I've read about) and is one of the only novels to have some human characters other than the companion that I've taken a particular liking to. Usually I tend to lean towards non-human characters, but in this book there's at least two human characters other than Martha who I think are awesome.

Best Costumes
Anything in period episodes, I guess, because it takes small things like the clothes people are wearing to properly transport you into an era and make you believe the characters are actually there.

Best Sets
I think Shan Shen, the planet visited in Turn Left, deserves a mention here. Despite only being in the episode for what couldn't have been more than about three minutes, it really looks like everyone went all-out to give the place an authentic feel, and it works. Then it's just mostly the spaceships/space bases etc. that I like because whoever designed them can go nuts with creativity. Ever since noticing them, I've rather liked the random glowy purple blocks hanging from the Sontarans' ceiling. Don't ask why, I just have.

...I sometimes wonder if many people ever bother reading really long posts I make like this. But I like making them, so hey.

-elyvorg/Martha

DieChavsDie

And MWAHAHAHAHAHA. I break the post streak :D:D:D:D

And I shall answer UN's Awards:

Best Single Parter: Im torn between The Girl in the Fireplace and Blink. However, as I feel Blink will have an influx of votes, I shall vote The Girl in the Fireplace, because it was a truly moving episode, and the interaction between The Doctor and Madame De Pompadour was phenomenal.

Best Two/Three Parter: Again, Im torn between two arcs. The Human Nature Arc, and the Silence in the Library Arc. Can I vote for both? ;) I think Ill give myself a little time to think it over (A little room to work it out. 10000000 points to anyone who can tell me the reference to what I am making there) :D

Best Villain: To make up for my lack of voting for Blink for best Single-Parter, I shall choose the Weeping Angels for best villain. They will probrably forever be the scariest monsters to come out of the revived series EVER.

Best Long Term Companion: Why must these questions keep tearing me in two directions? Now Im stuck between Martha and Donna. Martha was so collected and strong, and was played BRILLIANTLY by Freema, whilst Donna was hilarious, yet still very deep, and was played BRILLIANTLY by Catherine. I think, however, Ill have to go for Martha, purely because if I had to meet either Martha Jones or Donna Noble IRL, Id prefer to meet Martha.

Best Recurring Character: I think anyone that DOESNT vote for Wilf-Goodness is either mad, or not a true fan of the show. Wilf was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing. And I think an Oscar should be on its way to Bernard Cribbins for Wilf-Goodness *shot*

Best One Off Companion: Madame De Pompadour, though she doesnt really have much competititon (Astrid and Jenny, for example, were dull due to the lack of a good storyline in their episodes). She was not only in an EXCELLENTLY written episode, her communication and interaction with The Doctor brought me close to tears when she died. It just wasnt fair. Id swap her for Mickey any day.

Best Book: Ive not read many, but I cant see many beating "The Stone Rose". It was gripping, and I didnt put it down once. :D

For now Im leaving out Best Solution, Best Costumes and Best Sets, alongside Best Two Parter to give myself more time to think about them.

Brock Phillips

Plain Trainer
Just to say that I'm still here, although I have nothing post-worthy.

Here's a question then-
Do you think that Jenny'll return to Dr Who/Torchwood/SJA somehow? Personally I think that she should come back, even though it's unlikely that she will.

Brock Phillips/Captain JAck.

lunar_espeon

-elyvorg/Martha

More like that if you ask me! D:
It's slightly difficult to include yourself in a discussion when your internet is potentially going to explode, and you have no idea what to say anyway, incase you get yelled at by the other person. That and I'm too lazy to read all of the massive posts. 8D;

Anyway, EXTERMINIEREN!
That had me in fits when the Daleks were all spinning around because of what Donna was doing to them. 8D;;

I just thought I'd drop in and ask who listened to the BBC Proms coverage of the Who concert? It was really good, and you can easily track down the special scene on youtube, which included a Graske. I'm currently searching for a rip of it - found one, but it was the 2-hour concert in two parts. I want separate tracks really. Perhaps an upcoming release by the BBC?

On another note, I finally got round to watching the Season 7 finale of Smallville a few minutes ago (awesome btw), and once again James Marsters is back as Milton Fine/Brainiac. But what makes this relevant to this club, is that in one scene, they play the Torchwood music, whilst Fine is talking with Chloe.

EDIT: Also just watched the Runaway Bride again, the first time since the beginning of Series 4, and I must say I enjoyed it a lot more than I have on previous viewings, as I appreciated Tate's character a lot more.

Last edited:

lunar_espeon

I do love the Music behind everything. It is probably one of the things I am most picky about often, and I love it when the music is just right. It's always one of the biggest scene setters for me and Murray Gold is very, very awesome at this. I can't really write much more long rantyness about this.

Music reinforces the mood more strongly than most other things?

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Best Villain: To make up for my lack of voting for Blink for best Single-Parter, I shall choose the Weeping Angels for best villain. They will probrably forever be the scariest monsters to come out of the revived series EVER.
I wouldn't count on that. Steven Moffat is taking over the series, after all. xD

Martha was so collected and strong,
Fwee! Love those words - really nice way of describing her.

*grabs the words and adds them to her mental list of Possible Things to Say About Martha*

It's nowhere near as long as my Possible Things to Say About the Doctor list, though. That one just won't stop growing. 8D

Just to say that I'm still here, although I have nothing post-worthy.

Here's a question then-
Do you think that Jenny'll return to Dr Who/Torchwood/SJA somehow? Personally I think that she should come back, even though it's unlikely that she will.

Brock Phillips/Captain JAck.
Nothing post-worthy? I know our topics are long, but you could always just grab one or two categories and do them if you don't have much time. :/

But anyway, I'm pretty sure Jenny will be coming back. I heard somewhere that she was only revived at the end of her episode because Steven Moffat asked for it, so, maybe...

Given how much and why I liked The Doctor's Daughter, I am going to fecking love seeing the Doctor's reaction when he realises she's still alive.

More like that if you ask me! D:
It's slightly difficult to include yourself in a discussion when your internet is potentially going to explode, and you have no idea what to say anyway, incase you get yelled at by the other person. That and I'm too lazy to read all of the massive posts. 8D;

Anyway, EXTERMINIEREN!
That had me in fits when the Daleks were all spinning around because of what Donna was doing to them. 8D;;
Nah, we're not going to yell at you. Why would we yell at a fellow fan?

Worst case scenario is I'll ramble at you, but um... that unfortunately can't be helped.
I just thought I'd drop in and ask who listened to the BBC Proms coverage of the Who concert? It was really good, and you can easily track down the special scene on youtube, which included a Graske. I'm currently searching for a rip of it - found one, but it was the 2-hour concert in two parts. I want separate tracks really. Perhaps an upcoming release by the BBC?
Okay, so I had absolutely no idea about this Prom until I read this. I spazzed, leapt on IPlayer and spent the rest of my evening listening to it, because I love love love Murray Gold's music. Favourite parts would have to be the music which is from series 4 and which we therefore haven't had it on a soundtrack or in another concert or anything yet, because it's more fresh. Davros's music was one of these (though quite a bit was older Dalek themes, there was some stuff from Journey's End as well), the Doctor's Theme has the music which was playing during River's speech at the end of Forest of the Dead and also the Ood Song after it, and the one with Donna, Reinette and Astrid's themes includes the music which played while the Doctor erased Donna's memory, making it incredibly sad to listen to. *breathes* And also the version of the theme tune they played is pretty good. I'm hoping they do a soundtrack for Series 4 sometime, maybe with the Song of Captivity as well as the Song of Freedom, the new version of Donna's theme and some chase music. Chase music gets neglected in soundtracks, methinks.

The little special thingy with the Graske was... sort of good, yet at the same time I couldn't take it seriously (but I doubt I was supposed to). Still need to watch a version of that with sound from the Albert Hall to hear how mad the crowd was going, though.

EDIT: Also just watched the Runaway Bride again, the first time since the beginning of Series 4, and I must say I enjoyed it a lot more than I have on previous viewings, as I appreciated Tate's character a lot more.
Yeah, I still intend to rewatch that one again myself now that I know and like Donna even more than I already did.

<insert obligatory note that the Silence in the Library two-parter is still awesome here>

-elyvorg/Martha

Brock Phillips

Plain Trainer
Given how much and why I liked The Doctor's Daughter, I am going to fecking love seeing the Doctor's reaction when he realises she's still alive.

-elyvorg/Martha

A question:-what does the emboldened word mean, by the way please? Does it count as swearing or is it just rude/rude-sounding?

Brock PHillips/Captain Jack.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why do I like Dr Who-I just am fascinated by the Doctor's character,and the conflicts it shows.I also love sci-fi stuff and aliens.In truth,Dr Who is an amazing sci-fi,only beaten by Star Wars

My favourite Doctor is the 10th,because he's so funny.My favourite enemy of the Doctor is

I bags Dalek Thay

Status
Not open for further replies.