• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Doctor Who Club v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night_Walker

Now, for some two weeks late analyzing of Amy's Choice

Well, that certainly lived up to my expectations.

Although, even if I hadn't known in advance, I think I might have picked up on the Dream Lord being the doctor. There were just so many hints! "Theres only one thing in the universe who hates me as much that", the dream lord using 'our' when describing companions, the insight that no-one has had into the doctors motives before now.

Although, I guess I was cheating a bit, since I was paying extra special attention to everything the dream lord said.

I dont really have anything to say that hasn't been gone over to death, really D=

Well, I did like the interactions between the Doctor and the Dream Lord. It once again brought up stuff that the doctor doesn't want to face. If he can help it, he doesn't like seeing his old companions again, once they've left the TARDIS for a bit. Back in 'School Reunion' he was perfectly happy to leave Sarah Jane without telling her, although that went down the drain when there was all the recognition. Thats one of the things that he doesn't want to face about himself, so thats one of the things the dream lord was made up of.

Amy's lines were pretty awesome in that regard, with "Why would you ever give up this"

The second big thing I noticed was that Amy had actually made up her mind in regards to who she wants to be with. Even before Rory 'Died'. Like when Amy was in the TARDIS world, and the doctor and rory were in the Leadworth world, she pulled up the poncho for rory, but not on the doctor. Small stuff like that show lots =)

I would like to say that I do not have perfect memory, so any and all discrepencies in regards to quotes are just a result of poor recollection

elyvorg, here be my reasoning

well, when you think about similiar situations to the creepy vampire fish trying to take over venice, the doctor has always rushed to humanitie's defense.

But when you look at his face, while he talking to rosanna, its not anger, or determination on his face. Its more like...curiosity

If I still remember it properly, he turns to leave before he asks for Isabella's name. thats when its certain he's got our backs.

before that, it could have gone either way...

And ~.:Northern Lights:.~, I don't always put it in that particular way, but I always put Bad Wolf in my posts somewhere =D

Till next week then

Ah someone who's only just watched Amy's Choice.
"Hmm, so what shall we call me?"

"But then I've always been able to see through you Doctor."

"Drop it. Drop all of it. I know who you are."
"Course you don't."
"Course I do. No idea how you can possibly be here but there's only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do."

"And I'll spend some time with our lovely companion."

I have to agree I think there was more then enough within the episode to tell us that the Dream Lord was a version of the Doctor, even knowing his identity prior to the show I found some lines just seemed to jump out and scream "The Dream Lord is The Doctor".

Heck even dialling it down to the Dream Lord's choice of name, which kinda mirrors the mystic of "The Doctor" and "Time Lord":
"I'd love to be impressive, but Dream Lord. It's all there in the name; spooky, not quite there and yet very much here."

After all:
"Hah, the Pandorica. That's a fairytail."
"Aren't we all, Doctor?"

Really like your observations about the interaction between the Doctor and the Dream Lord. He really got under the Doctor's skin with everything he said, as was evident when the Doctor ducked Amy's question of if he believed the comments the Dream Lord made about him throughout.

Excellent point about how the Doctor really doesn't keep in touch with his former companions after they leave the TARDIS, I thought the Dream Lord was right on with his comment there. But then let's face it we've heard repeatedly from the 9th 10th and 11th Doctors "I don't get older, I just change. But humans you wither and you die." - can understand that he doesn't want to watch that happen.

Amy really shone in this one, and yeah I agree with how it was clear that she had definitely made her mind up - course that's part of why what the Dream Lord says to her is so hurtful (cause she was clearly interested in the Doctor in Eleventh Hour and it seems there's plenty of that even now).

I gotta say I really really want to see the Dream Lord again. But it could be sorta hard to find that many ways to squeeze him into a story.

As far as your observation about Venice goes:
Definitely agree with you about how the Doctor seemed curious about how the Sisters of the Water had some to Venice. The species must have been well known to the Time Lords because they both knew a lot about each other and almost got on, until she refused to back down and didn't remember Isabella's name.

As for the people who've seen The Hungry Earth and Cold Blood: You lucky lucky people! They sound absolutely fantastic, and I can barely wait for them to arrive here :)
Not gonna go looking for them considering they're long episodes so I'll have to stay out of the theories aspect for the moment.

~ What are grits exactly?

harryheart

Umm I won't take any character for the moment then... I'll think for a while! And set characteristics meant that they often expereinced the same emotions bar Roses departure and also the 4 eps of last year I found that besides that they often seemed to follow the same strand of emotions whereas Matt Smith so far doesn't really seem to be doing this but instead experiences lots of different emotions : )

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Aww, harryheart, it's a shame you see it like that. I'm sure there was a nice variety of emotions from the previous Doctors; at least, it certainly never struck me that they were always experiencing the same kind of thing. D: Still, at least you don't think that for Matt Smith and are enjoying his Doctor perfectly well. :3

You Australians with your spoilers that you'd read before watching Amy's Choice. =P It really wasn't as easy as you might think to guess who the Dream Lord was before it was revealed. It's one of those things that becomes brilliantly obvious in hindsight and has clues that are easy to spot if you know what you're looking for, but when you have absolutely no idea, it's very difficult to piece it together from the hints. Most of them probably wouldn't even seem like hints; do you really think you'd have noticed something as small as the "we" and "our" wordings in some lines if you didn't already think that the Dream Lord was the Doctor? Would you really have entertained the possibility of the Dream Lord's identity being so surprisingly close to home enough that you'd have been able to link it to some of those vaguely-hinty lines?

(Okay, maybe this is just me being all jealous that you knew who the Dream Lord was on your first viewing, where I was all "Who is he? D: I want to knowww~" through the whole episode first time around. But shh. xP)

I liked what vareki noticed about Amy adjusting Rory's poncho but not the Doctor's to show that she'd already chosen. I sort of think it's kind of subconscious on Amy's part - like she doesn't really know that she's chosen but she still feels an instinctive urge to protect Rory more than the Doctor - but yeah, it certainly does show that. It also helps (or doesn't, depending on how you see it) that the Dream Lord had just been playing on her abandonment issues with the Doctor, meaning that he gets not a tug of the poncho from Amy but, if I'm not very much mistaken, a look of almost contempt.

Totally agree with Night_Walker that I want to see the Dream Lord again! It is admittedly true that they'd probably have a hard time writing him into another story, but there's just so much more potential to the concept of him that wasn't explored in that one episode. Like, what about the Doctor's hatred of violence and death even though he can so often be the cause of so much of it? That's got to be fuel for some self-conflict in him, and yet it was barely even touched on by the Dream Lord in this episode. There's just so much more that could be covered and it would be so delightfully fun and interesting. :3

Well, of course the Doctor was curious. He's always been all for finding out more about other species and listening to their side of things. Crucially, at this point, he didn't actually know what Rosanna's plan was; he was probably hoping to find out what it was to see if he should be opposing her or not. I mean, if the Saturnynians were trying to seek refuge on Earth by some method that didn't involve drowning a whole city after turning its prettiest girls into their own kind, then the Doctor would probably have been happy to help them find somewhere to live.

It's just that not even caring enough about the girls they transform to even bother learning their names really didn't bode well for their ability to live harmoniously with humans.

There was something else I meant to put in my speculatory spoiler last post but forgot to because I put so much else in there and it slipped my mind. Again, biiig Cold Blood spoilers, so watch out...
In Flesh and Stone, the Doctor-who-we-think-is-from-the-future seemed desperate to get Amy to "remember" something, some unspecified thing which he didn't mention. So, well, after the development on Cold Blood, I think it's likely that he could be trying to make her remember Rory (and then he'd presumably have been so vague because directly mentioning Rory would have wiped what he said from time, now that Rory never existed). And maybe all these other potential appearances of the Doctor throughout his (or is it Amy's?) timeline are also his efforts to get her to remember Rory.

-elyvorg/Martha

harryheart

It's not that I didn't like them but compared to this Doctor their emotional array seems rather limited and bland! Don't get me wrong though, the acting was amazing and I adored (what must be said) some of the greatest storylines to date!

Also I thought of a few nicknames listed in order of prefereance:
Sontaran General Staal
Face of Bo
DoctorDonna

-Xu-

Why do you like Doctor Who?

I've been watching since the reboot and fell in love with it without realizing. I'd watch it and moan about it but wouldn't miss the next episode. Guess I'm fully suckered in now because even though I'm not as happy with S5 as other series I still keep watching and talking about it. And that's why I like it. It keeps me pondering, I'm more stoked about this series finale than others because there's so much to speculate on.

Who's your favourite Doctor?

The 9th Doctor. I've seen some old Who and I've seen all since the comeback but I wish there had been more Ecclestone. Maybe I just suffer from first Doctor syndrome though.

Desired character title?

Hmm, I shall choose Rassilon.

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
I thought it was an ok episode, but seriously i wanted to slap that woman, everytime the Doctor tried to make it better, she just twisted everything so it wouldn't work.

... Rory now never existed, well i'm depressed, i quite liked the fellow, but it would have been interesting to see Earth 1000 yrs from now XD

Next Time looked good, pawed foot werewolf and snarly face, looks like an ambiguous creature of horror if you ask me, just a mash of different nasty things. Gotta say, I recently went to a Gallery full of Vincent's work, so next Eppy should be interesting

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
Cold blood/Hungry Earth comments:
[spoil] So after watching both halves, here are my comments:
I am sorry that Rory was erased. I may not have liked him too much (not sure why), but he didn't deserve to be erased.

When the mom first met Rory, I thought that it was future Amy greeting him. Not sure why I thought that, but I did.

The TARDIS chip was just eerie. We know that the TARDIS will explode, but still eerie. [/spoil]

River's murder
[spoil] I read all the posts and came up with a counter point: Jenny. If the Doctor is murdered, and Jenny just happens to be around, he can pull a Tennant and siphon off the excess energy into his daughter. He did this once before with his hand, who's to say it couldn't happen again? [/spoil]

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
Hey, its not our fault we have to wait two weeks before we get the awesome stuff you guys have seen.

And those Spoilers look so tantalising

Speaking of Which

Yep, you've roped me into guessing about Cold Blood. And since I already make up drastically out of proportion nonsense when I know what it is I'm guessing about, prepare your insanity goggles.

Well, since we've been saying Rory was wiped from existence, and from ever having existed, he could never have been a character on the show, right? Because, in his first appearance in 'The Eleventh Hour', only the doctor was a Time Traveller. Therefore, until Amy jumped onto the TARDIS, she wouldn't have been aBle to remember him, nor would she afterwards. Because he never existed. ever. So, since the Doctor didn't know him then, no one would have missed his absence.

So, that means two things might hAppen. Thing number 1: Somehow, the act of Amy remembering Rory, or some action of the Doctor, will result in the re-introduction of Rory into the timeline. Otherwise, how do they know Rory existed in the first place? How do we know? we wouldn't, of course. If thing number 1 does come to pass, it will either result in a heartfelt scene between Rory and Amy or a very angsty one with Amy being unable to remember him.

Thing Number 2: This one, is more about LeaDsworth, than any of the Actions of the Characters. In 'Amy's Choice', the Dream Lord christened it "The village that Time forgot", Which leads me to assume that Leadsworth is almost immune to the machinations of the Cracks in Space Time. Anything that happens outside leadsworth is applied to everyWhere, and everywhen. Except in Leadsworth. So, even if Rory was wiped from existence, he would still exist in Leadsworth.

And that Brings me to my last Thing, which could run alongside one or both of the above. Since the event we're guessing set the cracks in motion has something to do with Amy's Wedding (to a person who no lOnger exists. The paradoxal implications are mindboggling!), the cracks should have stopped existing when Rory did. No more Wedding, No more Cracks. Unless that precisely it! If Amy's Wedding was a fixed point in time, like a milestone the universe uses to make sure its running smoothLy (I know there are some example of when the Doctor claims he cant interfere in the events that happened) then its sudden absence would throw a major spanner in the works. Ergo, Cracks in Space and Time. Ontological Paradox anyone?

Okay then, I'm ofFicialy going in without a parachute. What fun this will be.

-Xu-

Hope we see more Rory somehow. It's such a shame it seems to always end badly for male companions on new who.
The light tendrils seem to be selective as they could have got hold of the doctor easily when he reached through the crack.
Was a pretty powerful moment when the broken tardis piece was revealed, the tardis is such a steadfast thing and icon it's scary to imagine it destroyed.

Night_Walker

You Australians with your spoilers that you'd read before watching Amy's Choice. =P It really wasn't as easy as you might think to guess who the Dream Lord was before it was revealed. It's one of those things that becomes brilliantly obvious in hindsight and has clues that are easy to spot if you know what you're looking for, but when you have absolutely no idea, it's very difficult to piece it together from the hints. Most of them probably wouldn't even seem like hints; do you really think you'd have noticed something as small as the "we" and "our" wordings in some lines if you didn't already think that the Dream Lord was the Doctor? Would you really have entertained the possibility of the Dream Lord's identity being so surprisingly close to home enough that you'd have been able to link it to some of those vaguely-hinty lines?

(Okay, maybe this is just me being all jealous that you knew who the Dream Lord was on your first viewing, where I was all "Who is he? D: I want to knowww~" through the whole episode first time around. But shh. xP)

Totally agree with Night_Walker that I want to see the Dream Lord again! It is admittedly true that they'd probably have a hard time writing him into another story, but there's just so much more potential to the concept of him that wasn't explored in that one episode. Like, what about the Doctor's hatred of violence and death even though he can so often be the cause of so much of it? That's got to be fuel for some self-conflict in him, and yet it was barely even touched on by the Dream Lord in this episode. There's just so much more that could be covered and it would be so delightfully fun and interesting. :3
-elyvorg/Martha

Elyvorg,

I know it must seem like cheating, since we (or at least I, knew who the Dream Lord was prior to the episode then we come up with all these quotes and moments within the ep that sorta give it away.

In my case, yes I knew but a lot of these moments actually jumped out at me - maybe I was looking for a few more hints cause I knew but I'd like to think I'd have said "hey, hang on!" even if I hadn't known.

Yeah it is pry gonna be difficult to bring the Dream Lord back, at least regularly, considering what he is - but I'm sure Moffat and co will find a way.

Onto the Hungry Earth tonight, can hardly wait, while you lucky people in England (and anywhere else it gets broadcast 'live') get to see the Doctor meet Van Gough... That'll be cool :)

~ Here come the drums!

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
-Xu-: Bit late of me, but yep, you're in. Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself here and all that. Rassilon is yours.

harryheart: General Staal has also been taken (the members list in the first post has all the already-taken characters, if you wanted to look), but surprisingly, the Face of Boe hasn't, so you can be him.

druboyks, that's an interesting thought you have about Jenny there. "Matching bio-receptacle" was the technobabble given for why the hand stopped his regeneration, so I suppose that at a stretch, Jenny could potentially count as that. But then you've got to wonder what absorbing a whole load of regeneration energy would do to her - I mean, a whole new Doctor grew out of the hand, but with Jenny being a fully-formed, living, thinking being already, things presumably wouldn't be that simple.

Of course, for this to hypothetically happen, the Doctor would have to be reunited with Jenny in the first place. Which, regardless of any hypothetical regeneration-prevention measures, I really really want to see. Make it happen, Steven Moffat! Apparently Jenny was only revived at the end of her episode because he asked for her to be, so...

vareki,
I agree with a lot of the stuff you've said there - stuff such as the possibility of Amy remembering Rory and the deal with the wedding. Very much along the same lines as the sort of thinking I've been doing about it in my speculatory spoilers. :3

There's a couple of things I'm less sure about, though, the first being the idea that Amy's wedding is/was a literal fixed point in time. I'm iffy about that simply because the Doctor knows these things and he'd probably already have been aware of it or mentioned it or something because, as we know from previous episodes, fixed points in time are a big deal. The other thing is the possibility that the Dream Lord calling Leadworth "the village that Time forgot" means more than it seems to. While I'm all for there potentially being mysterious stuff going on in Leadworth, I can't see the Dream Lord's line as being any indication of this, because if the Doctor doesn't know what's going on with the cracks and stuff, neither should the manifestation of his darker nature.
(Nice way of hiding Bad Wolf in that post, by the way. =P)

A few small, vague thoughts about today's episode, having seen the website's preview clips and such:
I like Northern Lights's idea that the monster could just be a mishmash of all things nasty. It'd certainly fit with the arty theme of the episode. From what I've read, it does indeed seem that we'll never get to see quite exactly what it is.

Vincent seems like a rather sweet character from the preview clips I've seen. I'm also hoping that the relationship between him and the Doctor - because it's essentially the title of the episode and all - will be all heartwarming and such.

Apparently the writer of this episode finds the Doctor's character one of the most compelling things about the show and really likes stuff such as Rory's observation that he makes people a danger to themselves. So hopefully there'll be stuff along those lines in this episode too. :3

-elyvorg/Martha

--

Edit on Sunday morning

No-one else's commented on the episode yet? D:

The first thing that struck me, and this has very little to do with the van Gogh-iness of the episode, is that apparently, the Doctor's been extra-nice to Amy recently. Which has got to be due to what happened to Rory, because the Doctor knows Amy should be broken-hearted even though she's not, so he's trying to cheer her up by taking her to all these wonderful places - even Arcadia - even though from her perspective she doesn't need cheering up at all, and also because it was sort of his fault, and awww.

I like how this episode's monster was invisible to everyone without Vincent's kind of perception. I find it made the action scenes all the more tense and gripping, just with the thought of knowing that there's something big and nasty somewhere nearby that's capable of ripping you to shreds, but you can't see where it is. And if I'm not mistaken, it made the Doctor a little more on edge during the chase scenes than he normally is when facing down a monster he can actually see. Which was fun to watch. Certainly, I don't think something as simple as a companion suddenly appearing beside him would usually have been enough to make him nearly jump out of his skin like he did here. (I also love how after that moment of panic had passed, his first response was to indignantly straighten his bow tie. x3)

The Doctor amused me in various other ways this episode, too. Particularly when Vincent was busy painting the church, and the Doctor was quite clearly bored out of his mind. The Doctor being the Doctor, he really can't stand it when exciting stuff isn't happening right now. Add to that his nerves about the upcoming (unpunctual! D: ) alien attack, and I swear he was acting like an impatient schoolboy. An impatient schoolboy who won't stop talking, and needs to be shushed by the teacher Amy. Then there was the part earlier where he was flailing around wildly at thin air with a stick and making a complete fool of himself, even after the Krafayis had gone, and... xD

I liked that the Krafayis, aside from its near-invisibility being fun, turned out to be rather sympathetic in the end, being all frightened and misunderstood like that. It makes a nice kind of parallel with Vincent himself being misunderstood and lonely. I did like the ending where Vincent learned just how admired his artwork will be in the future (although I'm not a fan of the fact that they used a real life song as the BGM for that moment, because that's not what Doctor Who does), 'cause you could really feel how overwhelming it was for him compared to how unappreciated the rest of the episode had established him to be during his life. Sure, it was maybe a bit sappy, but this is Doctor Who, and there's certainly worse things that the TARDIS could be used for.

Okay, so. I am ridiculously looking forward to this episode and have been pretty much ever since I saw its synopsis in the pre-series Radio Times. See, it involves the Doctor trying to pass himself off as a human, hence being a lodger in that house. This was a premise which amused me enough before I'd even seen any of the new series. And then the series started, and I saw just how utterly, obviously alien this Doctor is, coupled with how epically he's failed at human situations in so many of the previous episodes (the end of Flesh and Stone, The Vampires of Venice, Amy's Choice)... well, basically, I've become convinced that this episode is going to be completely hilarious. Because if anyone's going to have problems fitting in and acting like an ordinary human, it's the Eleventh Doctor.

It's also written by Gareth Roberts, whose previous episodes - The Shakespeare Code and The Unicorn and the Wasp - are some of the funniest of previous series. So yeah. =D

I just really, really hope it's not Doctor-lite like the trailer might be implying, because that would be such a waste of all my gleeful anticipation and D: . It shouldn't be, though.

I like the deal with the two existing residents of the flat being in a will-they-won't-they sort of relationship. Not because that's ever particularly been my kind of thing, but because shoving the Doctor in the middle of that will doubtless produce some epically awkward scenes. =D

(Sorry, wait, this episode has a plot? Knew there was something I'd forgotten to mention. D: Yeah, the thing with the stairs looks potentially interesting.)

-elyvorg/Martha

Last edited:

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
Come forth, redundant spoiler of redunancy!

Well, Despite the prior knowledge that

Rory gets eaten by the universe at the end of the two parter

I wasn't really expecting much of this. How wrong I was! While it was definitely a good episode in its own right, I was much more attracted to the subtext it had going.

I mean, seriously man in the red jacket! you've got an alien (earthien) in the basement and your first comment is

"Shouldn't we dissect it? learn its weakness?"

Thats asking for bad blood between the species. That the Silurians did just that is saddening, but then they're only as bad as each other.

And then there was Alaya calling them on it. We all know they're not gonna kill her (although man in the red jacket might try), but the insinuation hurts. It really brings up some thoughts about how we would act if put in a similiar situation. I cant honestly say how I'd react, and I doubt any of you guys could either.

A small tribe? just a few dozen, maybe less? Maybe not =P

I felt very small in the opening minutes, thinking that it was more how the world was, then that Eliot was dyslexic. Scary, no?

Okay, thats 'The Hungry Earth' commented on, now onto other things. Like the future.

Well, I wouldn't say that. Everyone has secrets, and someone as complicated as the doctor could easily have secrets from himself. Although, it seems more likely that something the doctor knows but isn't telling. he's enigmatic like that

I am quite partial to leadworth being something far removed from a fixed point, perhaps even a point that doesn't exist. now isn't that food for thought?

Till next time everyone

-Xu-

One of my favourite eps of the season. More use of the themes of sight and being able to see something,though I'd have liked it if they'd explained why Gogh could see the alien and 'sense' Amy's sadness. Maybe they did and I just missed it.
I liked Amy seeing first hand that not everything can be changed and how the Doctor cushioned that blow to her.

I feel mixed about next episode, the premise seems really interesting but I don't like James Cordon. I hope I can get past that and enjoy the episode before the finale!

I've been wanting to see an episode like this since Blink when the Doctor looked so frustrated at being stuck without the Tardis.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Ugh, I'm falling behind again. I should be up to date by this evening though.

NOOOO! ROOOORR- Wait, what was I doing again?
That was a pretty tense episode, and it was quite interesting to see several different personalities in the silurians, emphasizing the not-so-differentness. But I do notice almost all the characters portrayed as bad were female. Perhaps fitting for the silurians, apparently female lizards are generally more violent, but it's a little odd on the human side. Also, not only is homo-reptilia completely wrong, but they have mamaries! They're lizards! And the bit with... uh... was quite sad, and well acted, although the crack is a bit of a picky eater. The scene with the flashbacks was a bit strange, all these errors, such as the absense of the laser when... whosit... gets shot was strange. I quite like how they used Amy on the hill as a plot point to drive home that... thingy... was gone. And the tardis chunk was seriously worrying, although what's to say the crack hasn't been eating a real police box.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone important in thi-
Crack2.gif

Elvorg posted that synopsis about a goblin or trickster, and didn't someone point out the crack looks like a grin? Co-incidence?

And, lastly I've finally got round to reading those Doctor who books I got for some christmas, ages ago. They're a lot more gruesone then the TV show.

Last edited:

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Wow, i really liked that episode. I guessed thatt he Alien was blind one it started skirting the edges - did anyone else notice that it spoke?

Loved the ginger joke - the Ulitmate Ginger - but the vase of sunflowers was sweet, i think the only reason Van Gogh was able to see the Alien was because he was an impressionist, so the Doctor can stop complaining XP

I forgot to watch the Next Time bit >.< it'll just have to be a surprise

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I wonder if the Tardis has a pronunciation editing device, because apparently, Vincent can't pronounce his own surname. It has a language filter that only works when it wants to, a name editing device and a swear filter (yay for expanded universe novels), so hey, why not.
It was quite fun to see the doctor out of his element, an enemy he can't see, can't be reasoned with and can't turn up on time. He's like a little kid, especially with the painting scene. Also, his godmother has two heads. It might of been nicer if he let Vincent explore the museum first, and leave the grand surprise untill the end, instead of rushing it.
Vincent was well acted, if irish* (the Tardis must have limited capabilies for translating accents), although the episode was just a bit too soppy, crossing over officially into mush with the song at the end.
I was seriously expecting the crack and threaten the museum to turn up when they go to see what they've changed.
I can't help feeling that the 'Ultimate Ginger' quote will haunt a couple of school kids for a while though.

Edit:* Okay, apparently his actor and accent is scottish, which is why he mistook similary scottish amy as his own nationality (The tardis lagnuage device is getting stupid now). I can't tell the difference myself, I'm terrible at recognising accents.

;235;

Last edited:

-Xu-

Will-powered Spriter said:
And, lastly I've finally got round to reading those Doctor who books I got for some christmas, ages ago. They're a lot more gruesone then the TV show.

Which one's have you read?
I've read a bunch I got in set mainly 9th doctor/10th Doctor/Rose and a few ones with Martha.
My favourite is the The Clockwise Man which is a 9th Doc one.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I've got a box set of 5 1st (9th doctor) series, and 5 2nd series. I've read through 6 so far.

I don't have any after that, so I'll just have to see if they still sell older series, or skip to the newest ones.

I think my favourite is Only Human, or maybe Stone Rose.

harryheart

Tonights episode was good! Absoloutely brilliant actually and very suspensful with its Next Time! Its all kicking off now and with Rivers confimration of appearing in the next episode you can sure bet that it'll be another heated episode!

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
I read a lot of those books back in the day. I remember The Stone Rose being one of my favourites, too. (They probably do still sell the older ones, Will-powered Spriter, if only online at places such as Amazon; dunno if you'd find anything but the newer ones in actual bookshops any more, though.) Speaking of, I gave the three new Eleventh Doctor ones a go recently. None of them were that amazing, but The Forgotten Army was fairly decent in my opinion. Although they all had at least some moments/concepts/fun interactions between the Doctor and Amy that I liked.

Episooode.
Hee. As I thought, this was such a hilarious and entertaining episode. :3 It was just so fun watching the Doctor being all confused about various aspects of human life and trying valiantly to come across as normal using Amy's advice and the vague stuff he knows himself but really not managing it. And with how he couldn't help letting his adventurous, sciency Time Lordiness come through at times. Dashing to Craig's rescue with an electric toothbrush! Misinterpreting the word "annihilate" and rattling off his whole I'm-the-Doctor-don't-mess-with-me spiel before realising what the guy really meant. Asking where the On switch on an ordinary screwdriver is. xD

I liked the football game (behold the only time you will ever hear me say those words), with the Doctor being the Doctor and owning everyone even though prior to the match he clearly didn't know one end of a football from another. ("Football's the one with the sticks, isn't it?") And despite not quite getting the point of teamwork, he declares that he loves this game - because he happens to be good at it and it lets him show off a bit. He's such an overgrown kid sometimes. x3 That and I also liked how he appeared at Craig's work and pretty much took over his job as if nothing were more natural because he was bored and thought it would be fun. The shift of Craig's point of view from good-weird to bad-weird was interesting to see, what with how the Doctor sort of accidentally ended up taking over his life and being better than him at everything without even trying simply because it's the Doctor.

I underestimated the plot of this episode, it has to be said. It's not that I expected the plot to be rubbish or anything; it's just that I was having way too much fun looking forward to the inevitable humour value that I never gave the plot much thought. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Doctor had a means of communicating with Amy throughout the episode, as I'd been expecting it to barely feature Amy at all. (I love that she had to give him advice on how to seem human. And that he refused to ditch the bow tie. x3) The thing with Craig and Sophie's relationship actually being vital to the resolution was done nicely. I'd had a feeling the Doctor might do his inspiring-someone-to-reach-their-full-potential thing on Craig, which... well, he did it for Sophie instead - though I've never seen him do it by reverse psychology before - but I like how this turned out to be more than just a character thing and the question of why exactly they both want to stay here ended up being important to saving the day. I also liked the deal with the man upstairs being just an autopilot system that didn't quite get it; I always seem to like plots where there's nothing malevolent involved and no-one's actually to blame.

Amy finding the ring at the end was a definite ooh moment. I wonder how much she remembers of it? Also, that crack in the flat was glowing worryingly brightly. But if the flat does get erased, then possibly the fact that the Doctor's still got the keys will somehow be able to bring it back just like the ring might possibly be able to bring back a certain someone?

Whoa. This looks epic. Seriously. I mean, I had my thoughts, on seeing a Cyberman in trailers, that maybe all of the stuff that's been erased by cracks has found its way here, but I don't think I ever considered the full scale of what that implies. Daaamn. And this goblin-trickster-nightmarish-thing is what's inside the Pandorica and I want to know what it iiiiis~.

And yay Roman soldiers and horseback rides and stone circles. And River. Whoo.

-elyvorg/Martha

Status
Not open for further replies.