• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Doctor Who Club v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
Dayum! Subtext rules this episode ^-^

Well, cant miss a chance to spoiler tag something

Its such a shame that ambrose did that. I mean, she totally thought "you are lesser than I" when she was spouting all that stuff about how earth is 'our' planet.

I get why she went in with the stun-gun to start off with, am very shaky as to why she used it, and totally disgusted on the topic of why she started the drill. Although, Alaya certainly wasn't helping it along with the way she was acting.

After all that, I'm not quite sure whose side I want to take. On average, everyone was doing something.

I did like how Man in the Red Jacket and Narieen (sp?) stayed behind, and it might have been nice to hear the Elder Silurian mention them in his monologue.

Speaking of his monologue

Remembering the doctor, and all he lost? coupled with the TARDIS piece, and those particular flashbacks? We are certainly setting our favourite Time Lord up for a fall, now aren't we

While we're on the topic of TARDIS piece, I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the crack on the TARDIS monitor from 'The Eleventh Hour' (unless someone has mentioned it, and I missed it). Now, that is definitely important, especially if the TARDIS is going to be destroyed. And, if this train of thought is going anywhere, its gonna happen in an explosion. Because, what sort of explosion could damage Time and Space itself? the clue is in the name...

Speaking of that Crack, where the heck has it been? something like that is supposed to be important! And especially since they've been getting all worried about these cracks since 'Flesh and Stone', you'd think the Doctor would go back and look at the monitor =/

Also, Rory's...Death? Unbirth? Existential Troubles?...was a lot less epic than I was expecting. trippy lights coming out of the wall aren't that interesting. A series changing instance, yes, but an edge of your seat moment, no. Now, if that bolt of energy had hit the crack, causing it to go "OM NOM NOM" and sucked rory into it, with Amy and the Doctor only narrowly getting to the TARDIS, and then the Doctor yelling out "NO!" and hammering his fist onto the TARDIS door, then turning to amy, sliding to the floor, saying "I'm so sorry amy, so very sorry"

Amy's response "About what?"

That would have been epic =)

Anyway, the 'Vincent and the Doctor' episode looks interesting.

In other news, my time machine project has failed, since it cant go forward in time, and can only go back in time to a point after its own creation. No fun at all =P

And its too bulky to even let me cheat in card games

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
In other news, my time machine project has failed, since it cant go forward in time, and can only go back in time to a point after its own creation. No fun at all =P

Funny you should say that, because in Doctor Who Confidential, theoretically we can only travel into the future and not into the past otherwise time paradoxes would occur.

Well that was a hilarious episode, Cordon on Confidential was funny Matt apparently won master chef and was playing with a CGI football. But the story itself was creepy, the perception filter seems to be making a common appearance in each episode i notice and someones fail attempt at making a Tardis, interesting concept.

Next Time looked good, the Pandorica, a creature of immeasurable evil and fear dementor but i'd love it if it were something so simple ... OH GOD, what if it was Rory, and they have to kill Evil Rory, maybe the Pandorica is simply a mixture of everything that has ever been erased, which could be a lot of somethings, and their anger at being forgotten ... well that was a spewed theory and a half ... >.>

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Ah, but time is relative. Time isn't in a direct line it's more of a...wibbling, wobbling, ball of...stuff.

-The Doctor. episode: Blink.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Time-Travel Lodge

Too much cringeworthy stuff in that episode, it got in the way. I like the plot though, even if the bad guy being a ships repair system has been done before (Girl in the Fire Place, The Deviant Strain). There being no second floor is wierd, if its a perception filter, how does that create functioning solid stairs? The Doctor failing to appear normal was hilarious, although it's a little bizarre how despite thinking football is played with sticks, he is pefectly skilled at it. Also, I loved the doctor's attempt to pass off the scanner as modern art. The power of love turns up again, although it did make more sense this time at least. Also, the scanner says 9, when it should say OVER NINE THOU- *shot*
The ending was a bit of a kicker. Does Amy remember Rory again now? Did the crack swallow the whole of the house?

Edit: oh, I forgot, and the terrifying picture in the hallway. eep

I bet any money that the pandorica will start opening just before the end, and we won't see whats inside until next week. Anyway, all those alien races, do you think we'll see them all, or will some just not land?

Lastly, one question. Do you think its implied that EVERY adventure with the doctor ends in trouble, or that he does get some relaxing ones and they're simply not shown?

Last edited:

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
I'm guessing some are relaxing, because most of the episodes begin with him and his partner going out to see something neat, such as the 2012 olympics in london.

Crasher

I haven't posted in a looooong time. Since... Amy's Choice, I think. So, I'll be quick at past episodes and there's be more length to more recent episodes.

Quite good episodes, actually. Episodes were quite a while ago, so I apoligise for forgetting names. The Chief Priest guy that was on the Doctor's side was a really good character. Oh, and Nasreen is one of my favourite characters in Doctor Who now.

I actually can't remember anything else about these episodes, except for the whole Crack business and Rory. Poor Rory. Obviously there is some significance about the ring. As many have mentioned before, I assume that the Ring will somehow bring Rory back.

Crack. Not good. How did the Doctor put his hand into the Crack, but it swallowed up Rory? Did I miss something? I know the Doctor's a Time Traveler, but so's Rory.

Nice episode. Can't remember much.

Offcially my favourite episode of the series. Lots of really humorous moments that I laughed aloud to and some nice character stuff. I really love episodes that are propelled by dialogue and storyline, not by flashy monsters and loads of CGI. The low budget episode always seems to be my favourite.

Craig is a great character, and not just because he's played by James Corden. I loved his shift from good-weird to bad-weird after the Doctor starts taking over his life. This Doctor is really terrible at Earth Culture (I quote: "Football? Is that the one with the sticks?" and "Where's the 'On' button on this screwdriver?"), isn't he? Goes to a business meeting and goes to work because it sounds fun is just so Doctor-y.

Did anyone else assume that whatever was above Craig's flat was a Rutan? Shapeshifter, all that electricity... and then, when the huge room was revealed, I thought "Rani?"

Oh, one more thing. Did anyone notice the leaflet to the Van Gogh exhibition on the fridge whenever there was a close-up of it?

That's enough of the Lodger. What I really want to talk about is Next Time.

Looks incredibly awesome. Cybermen, Daleks, Judoon, Chelonians... loads of practical FX for this episode, I expect. And the scene with all the different ships approaching was brilliant.

I really can't wait for this episode.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Whee, other people liked the episode and found it hilarious. :3 The Confidential was also pretty funny in places, yeah. Especially the Football Focus thing... my god. xD

Nice to see you liking all the subtexty, humans-aren't-the-nicest-people stuff in these episodes. It makes them all fun and thought-provoking. :3 I like to think that Ambrose wasn't a particularly evil person as such and was just pushed into what she did by fear - fear for her family, fear of these different creatures who suddenly have a valid claim to the planet we've been living on all this time. But I guess fear and lack of understanding is what sparks off racism, so there probably was a bit of "you are lesser than I" in her speech, yeah. (Look at me getting all philosophical. xP)

You were disappointed by Rory's erasure scene? Aw, but I liked the scene in the TARDIS with the Doctor desperately trying to help Amy keep remembering him as he slipped away. Seemed perfectly emotional and anguish-filled to me. D: But I suppose if you'd been expecting a big OM NOM NOM from the crack, then a few tendrils of light would have seemed lacklustre, yes. xP

I kind of want to play the you-Australians-with-your-spoilers card again here, though. ^^; 'Cause you'd had time to get used to the notion of Rory being erased and build up your expectations of the scene to something epic, whereas we Brits were caught completely unawares and the sheer fact that this was even happening made the scene shocking and edge-of-seaty enough in the first place, regardless of how it was done.

I think you might be onto something with the crack on the TARDIS scanner being linked to the fact that the TARDIS will supposedly explode and cause the cracks. Maybe that one's the original crack and is the reason all the other cracks in the universe are exactly the same shape? I dunno. But yes, it does seem like that crack may well have something to do with the 'splosion.

As for the Doctor, I don't think he noticed said crack in The Eleventh Hour. He seemed completely unaware that the cracks were following them until Flesh and Stone; if he'd noticed the one in the TARDIS in the first episode, then it probably would have at least aroused his suspicions somewhat.

I've just read this week's Radio Times, and it mentioned some interesting stuff, some to do with the episode, some a bit more general...

The synopsis for the episode mentioned a lost van Gogh painting showing up in Churchill's bunker. There was also stuff such as River sending the Doctor more messages, Stonehenge, Roman soldiers, etc., but... van Gogh painting in Churchill's bunker! This is awesome and plotty and mysterious and I want to know what's going on.

Also, an interview with Karen Gillan pretty much said that she'd be starting filming the next series soon. Which came as a surprise to me, as I'd always just sort of assumed Amy would be leaving at the end of this series. It's cool that she's not, though; I love the Doctor and Amy's relationship, so, whee. =D

Then it mentioned that the Eleventh Doctor will be making an appearance in The Sarah-Jane Adventures this autumn. Which is awesome. 8D

Will-powered Spriter -
I don't think the Pandorica will only start opening at the end of the episode at all. They never put the cliffhanger in an episode's Next Time trailer - I checked the ones for The Time of Angels and The Hungry Earth and indeed there wasn't anything remotely close to the cliffhanger in them. Next Time trailers are meant to sort of introduce the premise and get us interested, but never to spoil the actual main parts of the episode, one of which will of course be the cliffhanger in this case. That and some of this two-parter has to take place in Amy's time thanks to the explosion - that'll probably be the second part. So I'm sure it'll be fine. I reckon the Pandorica will open maybe halfway or so through this episode.

You might have a point about most of the alien races never actually landing, though. Things would probably get a bit too chaotic to follow if they all did.

Northern Lights -
Evil Rory? That's an interesting thought, but... Rory. D: I don't think you could find a sweeter, more harmless guy in the universe, so an evil version of him would be all wrong and heartbreaking.

I do like your thought that it's something deceptively simple, though. And now a large part of me wants it to be the Dream Lord. Even though I'm fairly sure there's no way that'll make any sense.

I have a vague bit of speculation based on the Next Time trailer. It's not a plot-related thing, though, it's a character-related thing, so you can all ignore me because this is just me rambling about the Doctor as usual.
It's just that when the Doctor's talking about this goblin-trickster-most-feared-being-ever thing in the trailer, he doesn't sound like he actually believes it to be real. His tone of voice is as if he's telling some grand story, and I can't help but think that if he believed in this terrible monster he's describing, there'd be a lot more dread in there. So hopefully it should be all fun when he realises that it actually is real, and stuff. Yeah.

-elyvorg/Martha

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
See? so simple ... a prison for the Doctor - the most feared creature in the Universe, seeing as most of the universe happens to be the Doctors enemy - he has that effect on people.

However, my mother reckons that Amy might just be dreaming this whole thing, re-occurance of the Dream Lord perhaps? or is it just that she has dreamt this all as the Doctor happens to coincide with her timeline of the day of her wedding, she dreamt of an alternate reality.

HOLY GODDAMN **** ****ING MONKEY **** HELL POWERED **** ASSTASTIC BANNANA ****!!!

Pandorica is the best episode of Who I've seen. The end had me about to cry. Seriously all of you following this on BBC america or austrailia this season is building up to something HUGE!!!

Greatest parts of the episode include

1. The doctor's speech to the spaceships I mean I loved tennant, but Smith is owning his version of the role. He essentially states how baddass he is and tells all his enemies how many times they had their **** ****ed by him.

2. Rory trying his best to stay human

3. The doctor crying at the end, even he knew that he's about to lose (?)

The last shot of planet earth with all the stars supernovaing around it, with the music playing, and stopping abruptly, silence has fallen.

Just one of the greatest endings in television history. Moffat now has directed 2 of the top 10 Who episodes.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Agreed! This episode was seriously effing awesome! 8D

(although, Kazekage, as you're not officially a member of the club you technically shouldn't have posted without including a joining form, but I really don't mind because I completely agree with practically everything you said in that post. It's just, for the sake of procedure, I'd appreciate if you filled in the joining form on the first post if you wanted to post again, but I'd love for you to join in the discussions. :3)

I absolutely love those kinds of twists that you completely never saw coming to begin with, but once they've come, you can look back earlier in the episode and oh my god it was so obvious why didn't it ever occur to me? Steven Moffat is made of awesome for setting this up and aaaa~.

So, um. Let's try for some coherency here. The beginning with all the Doctor's allies from this series banding together through time to warn him was all clever and Moffat-ish, and it's great to be reminded that the Doctor's got quite a few friends willing to help him out, especially when this episode also reminds us just how many enemies he's accumulated. And speaking of the Doctor's friends, Rory turning up was one hell of a surprise. Sure, I'd been expecting him to somehow come into the finale and all, but I completely wasn't expecting him to suddenly be a Roman soldier who'd been there all along, so there was much staring in amazement at the screen as I wondered how on earth that could work. It was great to see Rory again in general; I've always found him rather adorable, and here was no exception, first with him not having been aware that Amy had forgotten him and then with him trying desperately to fight off the Nestene because he doesn't want to hurt her and just wants to be Rory. Aww. Sucks for him that he isn't actually the real Rory and is just a construct who's come to believe that he is. Poor guy never seems to get a break.

I completely agree with Kazekage and anyone else who thinks the same thing that the Doctor's speech to all those spaceships was so. Freaking. Epic. The setup of it and everything just magnified the epicness even more, what with him standing in the middle of Stonehenge, huge great beams of light on him from above, his voice echoing out across a sky full of uncountable spaceships. That every single one of them stopped moving at his command is a testament to his badassery and how much all these creatures fear him. And the best part is that the Doctor really didn't have a plan. If one of them had decided to come down for him, he probably wouldn't have stood much of a chance. But that didn't stop him from acting all cocky and fierce and using the thought of how easily he's kicked their asses before to convince all those aliens that none of them want to be the first to come near him. Every word he uses and every bit of delivery by Matt Smith is just perfect to build him up to this huge, heroic, you-do-not-want-to-mess-with-me figure, and had I not been watching the episode in the same room as my family, I would probably have cheered like mad when every single one of those spaceships flew away.

Seriously. It's impossible to compress the awesomeness of that moment into words. The above paragraph was me attempting to, but I don't think I came close.

Which I suppose makes it a shame that, even though that moment was and will always be incredibly awesome to watch, it turned out that the aliens probably weren't actually intimidated away by him after all and were just letting him think they had been. What I love so much about this episode is that the Doctor's huge and powerful reputation, which he's more than once used to threaten away creatures who might like to oppose him, actually turns out to be part of the cause of his downfall. It never remotely occurred to me before the episode to think properly about that description of "the most feared being in all the cosmos" and consider that maybe we already know exactly who that is. The episode spent so much time building up the Pandorica and how incredibly powerful and feared the thing it was built to contain must be, and all through the episode I just assumed it'd be some big nasty creature that we'd never heard of before, but then to have it all flipped on its head when it turns out that the Pandorica is for the Doctor... oh, my god. I've already said this above, and it's probably mostly because the Doctor is pretty much my favourite character ever, but I loved loved loved this twist. And it was so simple! I thought Northern Lights might have had a point when she said it'd be something simple, which led me to guess the Dream Lord in a fit of I-doubt-this-is-true hopefulness, but I still never thought that it could be even more simple than that, and damn.

And then the cliffhanger... Seeing the Doctor getting dragged helplessly into his prison and pleading desperately for his enemies to listen to him, it really seems like there's nothing he can do to get himself out of this. Add to that Amy's apparent death and the TARDIS actually exploding, which I didn't think was supposed to happen until next week and which I'd assumed the Doctor would be able to prevent before it happened, well. This is probably the most all-encompassing, the-world-is-screwed cliffhanger there's ever been in anything. The utter lack of a Next Time makes things even worse, as we're given absolutely no indication of how things can possibly get better.

Okay, so despite the lack of a Next Time trailer, I thought I'd put my speculations in a separate spoiler anyway. That and thanks to the official website and a Sky+ synopsis, I do have a tiny bit of knowledge about the next episode, which is pretty much that it somehow involves little Amelia, seemingly quite prominently. Which is great, because she's adorable so I'll love watching more of her. I'm thinking this might be related to something the Doctor said this episode - which was one of the few mysterious and confusing things which still didn't make sense by the end - about how Amy's house is oddly large and has rather a lot of empty rooms, and doesn't it ever bother her that her life doesn't make any sense? Seems something big's going on for Amy here, and more than just the business with Rory that we thought it might be after Cold Blood happened.

Also, despite all this stuff about the unknown big nasty feared thing turning out to be the Doctor, it seems that there probably is still an unknown big nasty feared thing that we've not heard of involved, namely whatever took control of the TARDIS and was actually responsible for making it explode. I'm sure we'll find out more about this silent menace next episode - who knows, maybe that'll turn out to be something deceptively simple, too. xP

Then there's one other thought I have, with regards to the Doctor's plight:

There's one thing you never put in a trap.

And I seem to have convinced myself that this badass boast of the Doctor's was written in The Time of Angels even though it didn't quite completely fit the situation (he was never in that much of a trap, and the eventual punishment he dished out to the Angels never really seemed to be revenge for the trapping) as more of a set up for this episode, which it completely does fit. I also like the irony of how the aliens valuing their continued existence and having plans about seeing tomorrow is precisely why they put the Doctor in a trap in the first place.

This cliffhanger is likely going to be driving me insane all week. Make it next Saturday now, please. :< I don't like how time always has to pass really slowly and in the right order.

-elyvorg/Martha

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
Okay, that was awesome on so many levels.

I'm sure someone out there has written some fully fledged FanFiction on the theme of VincentAmy (And if not, I might have to give it a go).

All those lovely, brilliant ideas that were br0ught up in this were so incredibly lovely and interesting. using a character like vincent in such a fundamentally different way was unbelievable, it just worked so well. The ideas about colour struck such a cord with me.

The ending, wow. I was watching it with my mum, and her comment was that it was both the best episode of the season, but that it had brought tears to her eyes. With Vincent being able to go to the...present? anyway, that was such a happy moment, I could feel the happiness welling up in my chest, from being in close proximity to the scene.

Almost even better was the scene after, which seemed so crushing, till it zoomed into the picture, 'Sunflowers', with "For Amy" painted onto the ring of the bowl. Truly brilliant.

The sequence with the sky, transtioning into 'Starry Night' was truly magnificent, and had me in awe for quite a few seconds afterwards. For a low budget episode, it certainly had some top quality scenes. And I did have a little bit of a giggle alongside that with the invisible monster fight scenes. they all looked so silly =P

Definitely one of the best episodes of the season for me

Also, guess what? Thats right, I'm not going to look at whats under all these spoiler tags for the finale! pretty special, huh?

Well, they do look very tempting...No, it'll feel so much more awesome if i have no idea whats gonna happen as I go into it.

Till next Time

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
The Doctor and the Tardis know now.

So... much... epic...

Well, that was an ironic twist to my valeyard theory.
But, yeah, I was wrong about the pandorica not opening until next time, sort of right about the aliens not landing.

Anyway, so..
1. Now we know why Vincent still topped himself, despite the Doctors help.
2. Does phoning the time vortex cost extra? What area code does it have?
3. River. Has. Style. A stick figure saying bye, graphitiing the oldest monument in the galaxy, poisoning someones drink with explosives, pretending to be cleopatra. Yes.
4. That goblin speech really does forshadow stuff. The most feared thing in the universe. The doctor even goes on to point out it's him in his epic speech. elvorg was right about the trap thing too.
5. My Dad hadn't seen Rory's death scene, so he was confused by the Rory not death scene.
6. CyberSpyder! That's pretty cool.
7. Look, I'm a Target! Great Plan. Seriously.
8. The Doctor, is really just stupid. No-one can be that oblivious. No-one.
9. Epic speech. HEEEE ISSSS TORKING! And also still related to 9th.
10. Timey Wimey and all that, but if it's possible to broadcast to everywhere, and everywhen, surely there will be a lot of noise. It might be hard to pick up tv, that's for sure.
11. Lots of ships. Lots of em. Surely, if they could afford all those ships, the could afford the SFX for more aliens.
12. The Doctor must still be sore about not being able to take the breaks off. River is flying it wrong! Definately.
13. Who says Silence will fall. Is the Tardis Evil? Is the Dream Lord Still there? Whaaat?
14. Rory scene is so sad. Poor Rory, first he dies, then he doesn't exist, then he's reborn and turns out to be a killer robot plastic thing.
15. The pandorica opens. Nothing is inside. Oh dear.
16. So, Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarens (They are short, aren't they), Judoon (They aren't evil, but if they're convinced the doctor will destroy the universe, they probably would go along with this), That thing from the start of the absorbathing episode, Sycorax (I thought it was a Repeated Meme at first. And they don't exist.) Silurians?
17. Silence Fe-
Crack2.gif

Hopefully, the last episode will be as good. The last four series tended to have awesome penultimate episodes, but silly, corny final ones.

Also, finished the Resurection Casket. Best one so far, Kevin is a brilliant character. And, unlike the last two, I didn't repeatedly forget which doctor I was supposed to be imagining. It got plain silly in Feast of the Drowned, he regenrated and back at least three times.

Sorry for not filling out the form here it is.... Late

Why do you like Doctor Who?
I actually joined this party quite late, only this week but Doctor Who is by no means a hard show to watch, it took me 6 months to get through lost, and 3 months to get through Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm all caught up with Doctor who (I started with the first Tennant episode) in just a week, and Doctor who is a longer show than any of the ones I mentioned.

I love the show because its downright enchanting, I haven't longed to jump into and become a character in a story so much since Harry Potter. Like Potter Doctor who deals with fantastic creatures, amazing adventures and its just so...... British is the word to be honest, I love Eccleston, and Smith's turn as the Doctor Tennant is bloody amazing, and all of the companions are brilliant.

Who's your favourite Doctor?
Matt Smith is really starting to come into his own here, but still I have to give it to Tennant.

Desired character title?
The Dream Lord

harryheart

I only just realised that the date of next week is the date that the tardis explodes lol! My word I'm a bit dumb lol! But that's quite cool : )

My My, I was so surprised at Amys shooting at the end, really didn't expect that however I was thinking that Rory might've got killed again just for the lolz of it all!

And yes I did think that the Pandorica held the Doctor, was faintly surpirsed to see the whole alliance thing as well and that in fact it's this Doctor put in! I would've loved to have seen all the other Doctors waiting there, maybe a but impossible to do however I thought it would've been quite good!

Anyway that's my two cents!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
New hints about next episode in Radio Times:

First of all, lots of Daleks feature in this episode. Who would have guessed.
Secondly, there is a stone Dalek. Made of Stone. A Dalek made of STONE! Rock on!
Thirdly, Amelia a.k.a Young Amy is tasked with saving the day.

All right, so the third point we already new, and the first point could be guessed by almost anyone, but the second point is new and interesting.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Kazekage: Consider yourself officially welcomed. It must have been fun watching your way through all of the new series in the space of a week. xD

I did hesitate about your desired character being the Dream Lord, given who he turns out to be, but he was also very much his own character during that episode, and dammit, he made such a fun antagonist. So yeah, I'll let you have him.

Heh, vareki, not clicking the spoilers for once? But yes, you absolutely made the right decision there, and I wholeheartedly recommend that you continue to not touch spoilers about the finalé. 'Cause there's this great twist in the episode, but it'll seem really obvious if you know about it beforehand, so you'll probably enjoy the episode much more first time around if it just hits you in one big awesome surprise like it's meant to. :3

I feel like doing a whole pile of speculation on the final episode that's been building in my mind all week. Unlikely to actually spoil anything for The Big Bang, as it's probably all wildly wrong, but will have spoilers for The Pandorica Opens, so Aussies beware.

Obligatory thoughts on how the Doctor might get out of the Pandorica:

- As the TARDIS starts exploding, the aliens in the alliance realise that putting the Doctor in the Pandorica wasn't such a good idea after all and let him out so he can save the universe.

- Alternatively, one of the aliens in the alliance was always secretly on the Doctor's side and built something into the Pandorica, without the others knowing, that would help the Doctor escape.

...except that I highly doubt either of these will be the case, because they're fairly simple and boring, and this is Steven Moffat we're talking about. But they're seriously pretty much the only conceivable ways I've been able to think of all week for the Doctor to get out of the Pandorica, and D: . Whatever it actually is that solves all this is going to be so ingenious and unexpected and awesome~. :3

I'd think of possibilities for the other parts of the cliffhanger, but... Amy's dead, and River's exploded. There usually isn't any getting out of that at all. So there has to be some kind of timeline mess-up and timey-wimey stuff going on, but then that would surely have to involve the Doctor who's currently powerless, and I thought it was a given rule in this show that you can't just go back in time to stop the bad things having ever happened? D: And if the entire universe really has stopped existing like the final shot would seem to indicate, then we're even more screwed. Although that the Doctor did say in the episode that if things which have been erased can be remembered, they can come back - maybe this is what was going on in Flesh and Stone with the jacketed Doctor urging Amy to remember something. Except that if the universe never existed, then neither did Amy. :/ That and she's already dead.

As for other stuff - Amy's house. The unnatural amount of empty rooms would seem to be indicating that perhaps she had a whole family who lived with her once and whom she now can't even remember ever existed, or something. Either that, or there were a whole host of creepy things other than Prisoner Zero living with her throughout her life. Or possibly both.

And speaking of, part of me thinks Prisoner Zero might be involved in this. There's a couple of things about its part in The Eleventh Hour which might not quite make sense yet. Take its line, "The universe is cracked. The Pandorica will open. Silence will fall." Okay, so maybe it knows about the Pandorica because it was part of the alliance and was in on the whole trap plot. But in that case, how does it know that silence will fall? The point of the Pandorica was to stop that happening - so if it expected the Pandorica to open, it shouldn't have also expected silence to fall. Unless it knew more than we're aware of. Also, remember those coma patients who were all muttering "Doctor"? I'm not entirely sure there was ever a full explanation for why they did that - I mean, how did they know the Doctor was there, or, heck, how did they even know about the Doctor? And if it was Prisoner Zero talking through them, then how did it know who the Doctor was, considering it hadn't even actually met him at that point? This doesn't seem to make sense unless, again, Prisoner Zero knew more than we were aware of, or perhaps the coma patients were having some really weird dreams.

Which leads me to my next thought that somehow the concept of dreaming may be fairly important. I feel like it's been something of a theme throughout this series - there was Amy's Choice, obviously, as well as the dreaming of Prisoner Zero's comatose hosts. Then there's smaller things, such as the Starship UK ("This dream must end, this world must know..."), Rosanna's final words to the Doctor being, "Dream of us", the general dreamlike nature of some of the stuff with Vincent, Roman-Rory beginning to think his adventures with Amy and the Doctor were just a dream... Well, okay, a lot of that is probably overthinking it, but if we consider how the whole romans-plus-pandora's-box situation was taken from Amy's memories, and how little Amelia, who's dreamed of time and space ever since meeting her raggedy Doctor, is supposedly going to be the key to saving the universe... yeah, I don't even know. I seem to have become surprisingly fixated on this idea, though. Also, the thought occurred to me that if the Doctor can't escape the Pandorica, then maybe he'll end up influencing outside events by some indirect means that could involve dreaming, or dream realities, and what about the Dream Lord?, and... I'm fairly sure none of that makes one bit of sense either. Yeah.

Something else which has just struck me. Why on earth is the desk in Amy's bedroom covered with the models and drawings of her and the raggedy Doctor that she did when she was a kid? I mean, she's twenty-one now; surely at some point she'd have put them away as she stopped expecting the Doctor to return (and, back when she was still getting married to Rory, they were still all over the desk, and yet the marriage is a definite indication that Amy was moving on and getting over her fascination with the Doctor). Similarly, why are there children's books about Romans and Pandora's Box on her bedside table now, when those were only her favourite topics/stories when she was younger? This makes me think that whatever used her memories to construct the Pandorica scenario was what got those books out. So perhaps it got out the raggedy Doctor stuff as well - in which case, why did it do that, and what might this lead to? (Assuming I'm on the right track about this at all. That was one hell of a sudden thought.)

I better shut up and post this quick before I get hit by any more sudden thoughts that I feel the need to mention here. D:

All of this is probably me seriously overthinking insignificant things and getting completely the wrong idea. I've mostly posted it as a record of my current thoughts which I can look back on in the future, point at everything and go, "Wrong!", because museums are fun. :3

~One day left!~

-elyvorg/Martha

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Adding on to the dream idea, it's been noted that this weeks episode will predominantly feature young Amy - so i reckon that Young Amy is infact dreaming the whole thing, wishing for the Doctor to return, but they have to realise that's what the problem is.

But if i'm honest, i have no idea as to what Moffat has instore for us

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
It all ends with the big bang

There was one thing in the final episode, that really ruined it for me:

I need the toilet since half way through, but couldn't find a place to pause!

So, is this usually how episodes go? Really quickly, in the worng order?

Right, so it starts with Amelia, 2000 years into a future that doesn't exist, praying to santa. Then, nothing. And, stars are a lie. It's a cult, apparently, headed by someone my parents know about, or something. They've all gone out. Wasn't that last seasons arc thing? Oh, but the post has come. Go to the museum. Totally original. We get to see the aunt that did not exist. Some one steals her drink, places a message. Stay after dark. Cliche. Hide in the forest penguin exhibit (really, emporer penguins, and reeds?) Past the stone!daleks, touch the pandorica. It opens, and... It's Amy! Not Dead, sporting a funny accent!! Vweeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrp.

And, back to Rory, with a heart rending scene, oh she's dead, and we know she's not! Moooood killlling!. Oh. It's the doctor, in a hat, with a mop. OK. Timey Wimey. My head hurts. Oh, no it isn't. Oh, yes it is. Gives Rory the screw driver, tells him to let him out. It's easy (was it earlier?). Oh, and put the scredriver in Amy's pocket.

Now, everything is stoney. Open the pandorica, it's the doctor. He's confused. Timey Wimey, but touching the two screwdrives, summoning a reaper thingy causing a time spark. Very little of existence still exists. The Doctor guesses what is going on, saves Amy, makes plans. How clever of him. Rory has a resolve, h'es made of plastic, so has to prove he's human. That's quite cool. Doesn't he get bored? Stay out of -

Now the future, and the Doctor's plan has already worked. How lucky. Now we get them trying to figure things out, this stretches things a bit. Amy and Amelia can touch each other, Reaper things must not exist anymore. Stone dalek reanimates, and... Rory arrives, sucessfully doing what they've been failing to do for 5 series now, shoot them in the eye piece! Whoo. The doctor finds a fez (They're cool too) and a mop. Rory guesses that this is when Timey Wimeyness kicks in, so the doctor vworps back and forth. This is really clever, and makes my brain hurt. But, you can't keep a good Dalek down, so it comes back, recharges. The Doctor solves Amelia's thirst problem, by stealing her drink (That sounds like him) Then another Doctor appears, dead. The plot thickens. But he's not dead, so he says something, then dies. Yup, he's dead. And Amelia no longer exists, as child actors are dificult.

Now, they solve the problem of the sun being a star. It's actually an exploding tardis. And River's back, which is great (I think sh'es Moffet's favourite). The doctor has a few minutes to live, the fez a lot less, programs the time vortex, and dies. River is angry, leading to a truly epic scene. MEEEERRRRRCCCCYYYY

They go to find the dead doctor, he's not there! I think he reads TVtropes, he's got almost dead guy down to a t. He's in the pandorica, knowing the light can solve things existance! (BTW, why do the exhibits not exist, but the painted backgrounds do? Or Architecture for that matter?) They can recause the big bang! Title Drop! The doctor has an epic plan, but also a martyr complex. Amy is suitably upset. But the doctor has a plan! Again! Remember, me always etc.

The pandorica lauches off, in a new, not time vortex way, but it looks cool, that's fine. Kill the roof, dodge the rocks, look a lot like Mario Galaxy, enter the sun. Everything explodesedolpxe...

And the doctor is going backwards. He tries to talk to amy, but misses. He goes bakcwards again, he misses. But now, the angels! We knew it! Now, back to the end, with the girl who waited. Aww, this episode is so heart wrenching. He whispers to amy, about adventures, and rory, and the tardis. But, now, he doesn't want to rewind anymore/they can't be bothered to fetch the older actors. Time is cured. Fade out.

And Amy is awake, and has a Mother. She is suitably confused, TimeyWimey. All heatwarming stuff. Rory is Rory again. On to the wedding. Something has been forgotten. There's River! And a present, an old, but new diary. Amy's crying again. She's remembering, she interupts. It's her imaginary friend again, oh not. But now, she remebers, something old, something new. This is the best line. ever. Give Moffat a Medal. Wind blow, something borrowed, something oh so blue! IT'S THE DOCTOR! Dressed as... a thing. Amy still has no morals. And River is still enigmatic.

This is probably one of the best finale's I've seen. Not corny, not cheesy, but epic, funny and heartrending. The call backs are used masterfully. It has the funny (DIE FEZ, DIE!), the heartwarming (You're Amy's mum!), the awesome (The Pandorica BLASTS OFF, with the good old 11th theme music!), and the truly truly genius (Something Bluuuuuuuue!). Moffat, you're a genius.

They never solved what's controlling the Tardis though. Christmas? Next Season? I can't wait.

Angel Bob out, sir. (Wait don't they exist again? Oh dear.)

This episode is worth watching. Really.

harryheart

The whole thing about what controlled the Tardis is to do with the Silence and the 4th Season!

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
After a several week hiatus, I am back. I am happy to report that I am back in the States (aka home) and loving it; I miss Mexico. Ok, now on to Dr. Who:

The Pandorica opens:
[spoil]Called it! Colour me excited! I was off by a little bit, as the device itself does not directly release silence (which was my original concept), but by caging the Doctor, causes silence. Yeah, I don't get every detail right, but still I am excited. I won't postulate on how the Doctor gets out of this one, but I know he will. He always does but the fun is not whether he gets out, but how. That's the reason I still watch shows. It's not the end of a journey that surprises me (usually cause I already know how it ends), but how they get there. I know that this rant sounds a little egotistical, and it probably is. I try not to be as often as possible. It's just once you figure out who done it, you've got to find a new reason to go on. I know who the voice is, and I will put that in a separate spoiler. [/spoil]

The voice:
[spoil]The disembodied voice that we keep hearing in this episode has got to be Davros. How do I know? Well, how did I figure out that the Pandorica was actually Pandora's box? There's you're answer[/spoil]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.