• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Doctor Who Club v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night_Walker

Well I've just snuck a web-peak at "Big Bang"... So, let's begin.

"As you chose yours - the man who makes people better."
The Doctor was absolutely fantastic in this episode, again playing the enabler - helping to lift Rory and Amy to near the same heroic status as himself.

But of course he was still the centre of this story, perhaps in a way we've never seen before as he jumped around all over the place leaving messages and creating links that saved himself, Rory, Amy, River and the whole universe. Absolutely amazing, totally loved the idea of him telling Amy to trust him while River commented that he "lies".
Nice paradox.

"There was a goblin, or a trickster... Or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world."
Alright how many of us were actually able to guess from that line what the Pandorica was meant to hold? Awesome take on the Doctor from the side of those he's stopped time and time again.

That is one awesome prison and I love how while the Alliance got it wrong about the Doctor and partially helped cause the cracks in the first place their invention was actually critical in terms of saving the Universe :)

Wow... She's able to bring down all of time and space? Well I have to say the power of the TARDIS is somewhat disconcerting.

Thank heavens she was able to be saved :)

Now the question is... who pulled her to that date, and caused her to explode?

"I'm River Song, check your records."
"...Mer-cy!"

Alright, now I'm really really intrigued as to who River truly is; why did the Dalek, admittedly a weak Dalek, fear her?

These episodes just continue to layer River into almost as fascinating a character as the Doctor himself. Just amazing.

Also creates a parallel that links back, once again, to the episode where we first met her:
"You just killed someone I liked. That is not a safe place to stand! *Vashta Nerada expand towards him* I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the Universe... Look me up."
*Vashta Nerada pause, then retreat* "You have one day."

Oh man, wow I've got chills - Moffat is FANTASTIC at Time Travel stories. You've got to be very good to tell a series long story relying on an episode with tons of time-travel to pull it all together and actually succeed. Just incredible.

A fantastic showing and I so can't wait to see this episode when it comes here :)

~ So earthlings... um, basically, End of the world!

Last edited:

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Ohhh, Moffat, you are an absolute genius. That was incredible.

I just love how he manages to constantly spring completely unexpected stuff that has us going "Wait, what? How did that just happen?" and then goes on to have it make complete sense later. Exhibit A: Amelia opening the Pandorica, and we all hold our breaths waiting for the Doctor to be released... only to see Amy inside it. That moment had such a huge effect on me that my family basically spent the opening credits laughing at the look of shock on my face. Fez-'n'-mop Doctor appearing in front of Rory in a puff of smoke was another one of these moments, and gets bonus points for looking utterly ridiculous. x3 A couple of the other vague possibilities I'd thought of for how the Doctor would escape the Pandorica went roughly along the lines of "the Doctor gets rescued by himself from the future, then a little bit later pops back in time to save himself" and "Rory does it". I never put them in the speculatory spoiler because I didn't think either on their own was actually viable - and I'd never thought to combine the two separate possibilities. By putting Rory in there as a third (second?) party, it doesn't seem quite so time-twistingly impossible that the Doctor essentially rescued himself from the Pandorica. I love all these stable time loops in this episode and that time breaking down allowed the Doctor - and Steven Moffat - to break the rules a bit and make them happen. And the fact that all this ingenious stuff is done with the Doctor in a fez, reappearing and then disappearing again as he keeps forgetting stuff... you've got to love how this show can combine the funny, the clever and the awesome all in one fell swoop.

And the heartwarming, for that matter - Rory surpassed all previous levels of adorable here, watching over Amy for two thousand years like that, partly because he felt guilty for killing her in the first place, and aww. Not that I imagine he wouldn't have protected her if he hadn't been responsible for her death, either. I love how utterly devoted to Amy he is. :3 Yay for the new Mr. Pond!

As for the original Mr. and Mrs. Pond - Amy has parents now! D'aww. The lack of Amy's parents - in particular, when she casually says "I don't have a mum and dad" in The Eleventh Hour - was another thing I almost put in my speculations last post, but then I didn't mention it because I thought that if Amy's parents were never born, how come Amy exists? I suppose in the end she's just impossible like that. (Yeah, I'm aware this is sounding like I'm desperately pretending I thought these things beforehand to compensate for the fact that everything in my last post was completely wrong, but hey. xP You don't have to believe me.) Gotta love the impossibility of Amy Pond, though, 'cause without it, there'd probably be no Doctor right about now.

I did love the scenes with the Doctor's heroic sacrifice - both epic (Geronimo! 8D) and heartbreaking ("You'll have your family back. You won't need your imaginary friend any more."). As it was with the rewind - sure, we all knew the Doctor wasn't actually going to stay nonexistent, and even he had a devious little plan which he was hoping would bring him back, but from all that resigned sadness when he was telling the story to Amelia, he can't possibly have been at all sure it would work. Also, the scene in Flesh and Stone makes total sense now! 'Cause we all wondered why he was so oddly vague about what he said to her when she was seven - and it's because he was going backwards and knew he'd get to say something to her when she was seven, so she'd remember it, but for him, he hadn't actually said it yet so he didn't know what he was going to say. That and the moment when Amy's stuck with her eyes closed was indeed the perfect moment for this, because it seems Amy couldn't quite see the rewinding Doctor, but she could still hear him. I love it when it all fits together. :3 <more Moffat-worship goes here>

(And so it's also turned out that this mysterious thing which Amy had to remember was, in fact, pretty much the Doctor himself. What with that and the Pandorica and the Dream Lord, I'm tempted to make it a policy of mine to assume that anything mysterious which we're invited to guess at the identity of is in fact the Doctor until proven otherwise. Even if it doesn't seem to make any sense that way. Because seriously. xD)

River was badass in this episode. Not many people in the universe can make a Dalek beg for mercy. I look forward to seeing what on earth was in its records that made it fear her so much. Seems we're going to find out a lot more about River next series. I'm intrigued that she felt the need to apologise to the Doctor about what he's going to discover soon - I wonder what it is that will make "everything change", as she put it. ...On a lighter note, I also love how the two of them deliberately played up their married-couple vibe this episode ("Hi honey, I'm home!" "And what sort of time do you call this?"), especially as the Doctor doesn't even know if she's necessarily going to be his wife but decided to go along with it for the hell of it.

Speaking of marrying, that wedding scene was pretty nice. Moffat said a bit about it in Confidential - about how seven-year-old Amelia was a girl who believed that a man could fall out of a box, eat fish custard and fix everything, but then she grew up to think that no, that's not true because actually they lie to you and don't turn up when they say they will, and that this whole series and in particular this episode was the Doctor's efforts to turn her back into that little girl who utterly believed her imaginary friend was real and would come for her, and that all culminates in this scene. Awww. Plus, the "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" is just genius - had my whole family laughing at the sheer brilliance of it - and the Doctor's pretty damn clever for telling Amelia that story in the hope that her memory might be jogged on her wedding day. And then the Doctor in a tophat and tailcoat is just win, as is him dancing like an absolute berk. x3 I kind of hope, assuming that the Christmas special leads directly on from the end of this episode (Egyptian goddess loose on the Orient Express IN SPACE! Want.) that he keeps wearing the wedding gear for the duration of the episode, because I actually think it kinda looks pretty cool on him. Either that or I can't distinguish between "genuinely looks good" and "looks amusingly dorky" when it comes to this Doctor. Possibly they're both the same. :S

So! We still don't know what caused the silence. This is intriguing, and I rather like how this makes the individual series less separate from each other, as this series is sort of leading into the next. Looks like we'll already have plenty of material to speculate on from this series when it becomes time to wonder what's going on next series. :3 Whee.

Well. That's the end for now, then.

I have to say, after the regeneration at new year, I never thought that I'd enjoy Doctor Who quite as much as I used to ever again. I hoped I would, for the sake of optimism, but I don't think I ever honestly expected to.

And how wrong I was. Matt Smith has been amazing, Karen Gillan has been amazing, Steven Moffat has been amazing, everyone involved in making it has been amazing, and I am still as utterly in love with this show as I always have been.

It's been awesome. 8D Roll on next year. (And Christmas. And October-ish when the Doctor'll be in SJA. But yeah.)

-elyvorg/Martha

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Best series ever, not only did the Episodes leading up to the finale have bits that tied in and around to the final episode, but they were damn well written.

I guessed the Something Old, Something new, something borrowed, somethign blue reference half way through the wedding XD, bit slow on the uptake, and i guessed why Amy was in the Pandorica and not the doctor shortly after her appearing, but Rory, oh dependable Rory, waiting 2000 years for her, guarding the box wherever it went, that was so sweet.

Egyptian goddess loose on the Orient Express IN SPACE want

i agree, though i wonder which Egyptian goddess it was XD, i hope they make references to the fact that ancient dieties and myths could actually be caused by alien species, that would be fun!

What a way to wrap up the series, and can i just say, well done Moffat you didn't screw it up - also i like how the Doctor wasn't too clingly to stay alive, he just accepted it as it was and that it had to be done.

I'm now listening to the Doctor Who soundtrack XD - what to talk about now?

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
I'm so jealous of all you peoples, having seen this already. You know just how cool this is going to be. I have a very good idea of what this is going to be like, but I have absolutely no idea at all of what this is going to be

This was brilliant! absolutely Brilliant!

All of the doctor's doctorness just had a whole episode all to itself. Comes in unnanouced, hands over 3 grand in a paper bag, makes what looks like an awesome breakfast out of nothing, has a nice chat and convinces craig to let him stay without any qualms. Then he uses a sonic toothbrush as a tool, plays football like a professional, Makes everyone love him, does craig's job to the better satisfaction of his boss and creates a scanner out of a cricket bat, a golf club, an umbrella and several other items I didn't quite catch.

"Anhililate? No, there will be no violence while I'm around, I'm the doctor, not the Oncoming Storm...and you were just talking about beating them at a game of football weren't you?"

So good XD

Headbutt = Memory transfer? apparently. The Doctor can talk to cat's? apparently his telepathy works like that. This episode was all kinds of win? HELLS YEAH!

Anyway, 'The Pandorica Opens' looks freakin' awesome! those scenes make it out to be something on par with, or (and I say this with a tentative voice) maybe even better, than last years finale of 'The Stolen Earth/Journeys End'

But that'd be pretty hard to beat. It was awesome. It had Rose in it =D

And before I forget, go back and check that spoiler tag you didn't want to open due to extreme spoilery details, elyvorg. I feel justified in saying that I called it.

Oh yeah, and Bad Wolf

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Well, in response to drubokys' theory, I doubt the voice is Davros. Davros is not that subtle. He does not do cryptic messages. He prefers hammy rants.

As for the christmas episode, I'm expecting a more lighthearted fun episode. RTD's has always gone for the doom, gloom and misery (maybe ignoring the sykorax invasion),but the prospect of an egyptian goddess on the orient express in space sounds like silly fun. I'm also expecting the it to introduce how silence will fall, and set up the arc words and all that.

Then, next series! We find out who the silence voice is (I still think Valeyard), and just who River is. That's all we know, so nothing much to speculate, but I can totally see the series's running gag being the doctor's frequent unsuccessful attempts to aquire a new fez. Because Fezzes are cool.

Veeeeeerrry lastly, do you think the throw away nonsense in Big Bang (Penguins of the nile, famous athiest running a star cult) was a result of the cracks, or will it continue into the new series? And will Amy's new-old-new-timey parents be important?

Moffet is definately a better writer then RTD, IMO.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
I agree; I don't think the voice is Davros either. While it admittedly did sound like it could be Davros's voice, it just doesn't make any sense how he could be controlling the TARDIS without the Doctor's knowledge or why the Daleks didn't know of it if it was indeed him.

As for actual theories of my own... Following on from my new "policy" I mentioned in my episode rambles, I'm tempted to just go "it's the Doctor!", even though that doesn't make any sense either. But if it could somehow be made to make sense, it would be pretty awesome. Or, Dream Lord, perhaps? Well, the last time I vaguely guessed the Dream Lord for something, it turned out to be the Doctor, so.

(I've just realised that "I hope it's the Dream Lord!" is probably going to become my Eleventh Doctor equivalent of all the "I hope it's the Midnight Creature!" I was doing for the Tenth. xP Some antagonists are just fricking awesome and deserve to be explored more.)

I am incredibly amused by Will-powered Spriter's idea that the next series should have a running gag involving the Doctor constantly making failed attempts to acquire a new fez. I really want that to happen now. It would be hilarious and Doctorish and fun. x3

I reckon the nonsense such as Nile penguins was specific to the star-less alternate reality, yeah, just as a way of showing how utterly wrong that world was. (Interestingly, Nile penguins were briefly referenced in one of the Eleventh Doctor novels, The Forgotten Army. Amy and the Doctor were riding a charging mammoth through a museum (long story), and crashing through a display of penguins prompts Amy to ask the Doctor if there were ever any Nile penguins. Then a moment later the thought's gone and she can't think why it fleetingly seemed so important. It's kinda cool how the book - which was out fairly early on in the series and written, obviously, before the series had even aired - had a little nod to some of the weird timey-wimeyness of the finale that must have been partially hidden in Amy's head the whole time.)

It would be kind of interesting if Amy's new-old-new parents had some timey-wimey stuff to do in the next series, hmm. I'm not sure I particularly expect them to, but... yeah.

vareki - yeah, I clicked that spoiler a while back, I think before I'd even seen anything more than preview stuff for The Pandorica Opens. Turned out it wasn't that huge a spoiler worthy of my fear after all. For some reason I'd been expecting big plotty stuff, when in the end it only had a couple of returning monsters. xP

Nice to see you loved the hilariousness that is The Lodger. =D That episode is such a fun display of human-situation-fail from our delightfully outwardly-alien Doctor. :3

And yes, the finale is freaking awesome. It's absolutely capable of being seen as equal to or better than The Stolen Earth/Journey's End, too. I mean, I don't know exactly how much you loved the series 4 finale, but regardless of anything, this one is just seriously amazing.

-elyvorg/Martha

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
My new voice theory
[spoil]Long forgotten villian, but my intuition says he may be the one: Omega. I don't know much about him, other than what I read on Wikipedia...perhaps this is the voice thing is his style. Then again, it may be someone entirely new.[/spoil]

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Well... I just watched the series finale (including rewatching the penultimate episode now that I figured out how to watch it in good audia quality) and the whole thing was epicness of a stick. I know that bowtie sales have gone up since the series first aired, I wonder if fez sales will too...

Anyways, yeah, I loved the ending to "The Pandorica Opens" very dramatic and they addressed it really well in the following episode. The Doctor's whole speech, while still slightly hard to hear, was awesome, of course.

It's also nice to see that Rory and Amy will be continuing as the Doctor's companions. The whole thing was really cleverly done, I have to say. While I'm still not a huge fan of River, I'm intrigued to see what happens when she appears next.

Rory has to be one of my favourite supporting characters, I have to say. It was heartwrenching when he died way back when. And man, that guy has the patience of a saint... two thousand years protecting the Pandorica/Amy... that's admirable to say the very least.

I have to say the Eleventh Doctor might be my favourite Doctor, but I still miss Chris Eccleston's awesome leather jacket. Bowties and a fez comes very close, but... Yeah an overall awesome series. I'm pretty much just rambling now since I don't think I've posted since the start of the series. I don't think there was an episode I didn't like. I think I'll definately buy it on DVD if they release a DVD over here in Canada.

All the actors did a really good job, I agree. I can't wait for the next series. I have no doubts that it'll be just as good or even better. When/if I procure a DVD and rewatch it, I might go through with my thoughts on each episode and my favourite quotes. We'll see.

Also, elyvorg, can I switch my Doctor Who person to Rory... whatever his last name is? I think it starts with a "W"?

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Whoo, Griff! Nice to see how much you loved it. :3 I'm totally going to hold you to the thoughts-and-quotes-from-each-episode thing if you do ever get the DVDs, you know.

And yep, you can change to Rory. (Williams is his surname - although some may argue that it's now Pond, but shh. xP)

Did anyone else listen to the Doctor Who Prom that was on this weekend? If you didn't, it's available in the UK on BBC iPlayer for the next few days - it's absolutely worth a listen if you're a fan of the series's music. They had all sorts of stuff such as the Doctor's theme (you know, that kickass tune that was heard in most of the trailers and in some shape or form in pretty much every episode this series), music from the Daleks vs. Spitfires battle, Amy's theme, a suite of Pandorica-related music (although the dissonantly beautiful piece from the cliffhanger of The Pandorica Opens is apparently part of Amy's theme, but hey, it was there) and some favourites from earlier series such as This is Gallifrey and Vale Decem (the heartbreaking farewell song for the Tenth Doctor). There was also some pre-existing classical music thematically related to Doctor Who in there.

Apart from all that, in the middle of it all the Albert Hall received a visit from none other than the Doctor himself (well, okay, technically it was Matt Smith acting, but to anyone with half an imagination, it might as well have been the Doctor), in which he enlisted the help of a kid from the audience (much, much envy was directed at that kid through my radio D: ) to defuse a wibbly wobbly, explodey-wodey sort of device that the TARDIS had homed in on. Yeah, sure, it was non-canon and kinda fourth-wall-breaking and a bit silly, but dammit, I still found it all fun and hilarious and Doctorish. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes this Doctor's personality and doesn't mind having to suspend their disbelief a bit. It starts about six minutes in to the second part of the concert.

...Of course, the only problem is that this was only broadcast on radio, and now I have this unignorable urge to see it as well as listen to it. :< I guess I'll have to wait for when they repeat the prom on BBC3 complete with video and not just sound, which they're apparently going to do in a month or so. :/

But yeah. I had rather a lot of fun on Saturday evening. :3

So apparently they also started filming the Christmas special a couple of weeks ago. Whoo!
The episode's supposedly going to be a Doctor Who twist on A Christmas Carol. I'm assuming this means that it's not leading directly on from the end of The Big Bang and that we won't get to see the Orient Express IN SPACE! - but I could be wrong. Moffat also mentioned that it involves a honeymoon, so unless that means that Amy and Rory are just going to have one big long honeymoon in the TARDIS spanning several trips, this could still somehow be the very first trip after their wedding.

-elyvorg/Martha

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Hiya I would like to join please :)

Why I Like Doctor Who:
I first found out about the show from a friend and I was intrigued so I started watching. The first episode I watched was in 2005 and it was the first of the series. I thought that it was funny especially when the Doctor needed a 'big round thing' and he was standing right in front of the London Eye and said that it must be completely invisble and Rose was pointing it out to him and he didn't notice until looking back at it for a third time. As the series progressed I really enjoyed it and then when it ended with the Doctor regenerating I really wanted to see if the new Doctor would be as good and he was brilliant! The storylines are purely amazing and some really confusing whilst others very scary and I like the mixture. Also, the thought of travelling through time and space has me wondering what's out there and if I'll ever get to see any of it, every night I look up at the stars hoping I will get to see some of what is out there like the Doctor and his companions can.
My favourite episodes are:
~Dalek
~School Reunion
~Daleks In Manhatten, Evolution Of The Daleks
~Blink
~Silence In The Library, Forest Of The Dead
~Turn Left, The Stolen Earth, Journey's End
~Time Of Angels, Flesh And Stone
~The Pandorica Opens, Big Bang

My Favourite Doctor:
It has to be the 10th Doctor as he has been the Doctor for three brilliant series and many specials and he has grown on me quite a bit. I was so used to seeing him come out of the TARDIS as it has been the longest time that I have seen the same Doctor. He was a great Doctor full of humour and compassion and I wouldn't mind travelling with him at all!

As for claiming a character:
Well, my favourite character played by my favourite actress has already been claimed in the list at the beginning of the thread so I shall not claim anyone as River Song has already been claimed. I don't normally claim characters in clubs anways unless my favourite is available which she isn't so...

Also, if you look at my profile picture, it's me in front of the TARDIS!!! I loved that day so much, that I post that picture everywhere!!!

Last edited:

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
TR4eva: From that joining post, you sound awesomely enthusiastic about Doctor Who, so welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy it here. Unfortunately it can get kinda quiet in between series, but... :/ (SJA will be starting again soon, so that'll hopefully generate at least some discussion, if you happen to be a fan of that, too.)

That profile picture of yours is you in front of the TARDIS? Envyyyyy. What was that day about? Did anything else awesome and Doctor Who-related happen? Tell us more!

So, in an attempt to breathe some kind of life back into this club, I shall proceed to ramble about the fact that The Sarah-Jane Adventures is beginning again soon-ish, whoo! I'm not sure precisely when, but I'm assuming some time in early October like it was last year. It can't be too far off, at least; I happened to catch a trailer for stuff on CBBC this autumn, and SJA was part of it (including a clip of the Doctor! 8D </obligatory elyvorg overexcitement>), so, yay.

Some information that I've picked up about what's going on this series, complete with me rambling somewhat:
The first episode features the departure of Luke. I can't help but be slightly miffed about this, because Luke was always my favourite SJA character (aside from the Doctor's appearances, which I don't suppose are meant to count), and I also never thought they'd have a way to write him out of the show, what with the fact that he lives with Sarah-Jane and doesn't have anywhere else to go and such. I'll be interested to see how they do go about writing him out. Apparently K-9 is also leaving; perhaps they both leave together. Either way, I hope it'll be done well - not that I doubt it will be.

That episode's apparently called The Nightmare Man, incidentally, which sounds kind of cool.

The Doctor, meanwhile, will be appearing in the third episode of the series (well, third storyline; episodes 5 and 6), which is intriguingly titled Death of the Doctor. This has me particularly excited, because I always find it fun when the Doctor's in some kind of real, imminent danger, and the title makes this episode certainly look like it'll be one of those cases. Plus, this title kind of indicates that the storyline will revolve more around the Doctor than it did the last time he was in SJA, which - I hope - will mean that he'll actually get decent screentime in more than just one of the two parts this time. I'm also rather curious about how the Doctor will be there on his own - at this point, we'd expect Amy and Rory to be with him too. Perhaps something happens to separate him from them and possibly also the TARDIS?

Also appearing in this episode is another past companion, Jo Grant (I believe she travelled with the Third Doctor?). I guess it'll be nice to see another one of his old friends.

Incidentally, if Clyde does not comment on the Doctor's bow tie and its [lack of] coolness at some point during the episode, I will be incredibly disappointed. :B

Aside from SJA, I also feel like mentioning - although I have mentioned it before and this is probably making me sound like I'm plugging it or something - that the Doctor Who Prom which was performed in July is at last being shown on BBC3 this evening (and presumably will then remain on iPlayer for a week). So, well, yay for that. See my previous post above for just why it's awesome for people who like Murray Gold's music and the Doctor in general, and why I've been looking forward to this even though I listened to the actual live thing over a month ago.

Aaand there was another thing I wanted to mention, which is that a couple of weeks ago I played the most recent Adventure Game, TARDIS. It was pretty much what it says on the tin, set entirely inside the TARDIS, and not just the main control room; part of it involved the TARDIS's drawing room, which is apparently where the Doctor keeps all his continuity references (There was a fob watch! Jack's sonic blaster! The Fourth Doctor's scarf!). Much geekery was had. Which then proceeded to utterly pale in comparison to the amount of geeking out I did over the part at the end where you actually get to fly the TARDIS. =D Getting to examine the TARDIS console as either Amy or the Doctor, hearing Amy's musings on how she sometimes wonders if the Doctor even knows what half the stuff on it does, and having the workings of each control explained in the Doctor's inner monologue complete with a side note that that's at least what it's supposed to do but he usually forgets or doesn't bother or deliberately omits it because it makes a fun noise, was absolutely hilarious and awesome. 8D And now I have a vague idea of how some of the TARDIS controls work. Which really should not make me as pleased as it does. :3 Okay, so the game itself was rather short and easy and didn't have an overly interesting storyline, but simply for the amount of geeking out it caused, it was completely worth it.

Finally, not that anyone here will probably be particularly interested, but there are Doctor Who live shows being performed at various places over the country in the next couple of months. Or so I heard. Because I am totally not kinda sorta planning to go to one. Not at all. :x

-elyvorg/Martha

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I haven't been on this club in ages, eh?
Well, series 5 finished airing recently in Australia, and I enjoyed majority of the episodes (especially Vincent and The Doctor and The Eleventh Hour). Other episodes had a few odd elements like the ending of The Lodger seeming quite rushed. But I'm very happy nonetheless that ABC fast tracked the series. Hopefully, they do the same next year!

Anyone seen the news on the Wii and DS Doctor Who Games? IT looks interesting thus far but I', not sure how Doctor can translate well into game form (as seen by the average Top Trump version a few years back).

I'm glad Jo is returning as she was one of my favourite companions. She's also the only Doctor Who actress I've had the fortune of meeting! I guess living in Australia has some benefits. ;)

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
Hi, Guess I'm back. Went away, for fear of ruining the suprise (and boy, oh boy, what a magnificent suprise it was) that The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang were gonna be, and then I just sorta didn't come back due to apathy. So yeah.

So SJA is coming back? Well, I'm not sure if I'll watch it. I didn't like it that much when I saw it to start with. Not enough Doctor :p I'll consider it though.

So, that voice. I'm thinking of Adopting your strategy, elyvorg, and assume that it will be the Doctor. With the track record we have at the moment, its entirely possible. Who knows?

Oh, and while they might not be mega Spoilery details now, they certainly would have been back then. If I had left that the Cybermen and the Bad Wolfs were going to be in the Finale unspoilered, I am certain everyone would have been very peeved.

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
Hey all,
A friend of mine clued me into these items, did a little research and found this. I will totally be buying all these items ASAP.

Dr. Who merchandise

I don't wanna give away too many deets, due to the River-Song directive (shhh...spoilers). However, if you have seen episode 2 or later in Series 5, then there are no spoilers. To quote something/someone famous: gotta buy them all!

Hope y'all enjoy!

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
TR4eva: From that joining post, you sound awesomely enthusiastic about Doctor Who, so welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy it here. Unfortunately it can get kinda quiet in between series, but... :/ (SJA will be starting again soon, so that'll hopefully generate at least some discussion, if you happen to be a fan of that, too.)

That profile picture of yours is you in front of the TARDIS? Envyyyyy. What was that day about? Did anything else awesome and Doctor Who-related happen? Tell us more!

-elyvorg/Martha
Thanks, and yes I can't get enough of Doctor Who!!!
Well I went to the BBC studios in London on a school trip and we had a tour of the studios (went on the Weakest Link, done the News and Weather, even messed about with the invisibility cloak from Harry Potter! Also, went onto various sets and in dressing rooms. Also, we saw the van from Prank Patrol, lol!) We saw the TARDIS and I wanted my photo taken infront of it, so yeah. During the tour, we saw lots of other Doctor Who props like a Dalek, Cyberman, Cybershade, Ood, Pilot Fish and Davros mask, it was pretty darn awesome! We also, looked around some of the sets but, we didn't get to see the Doctor Who ones :( Although, in the cafe I saw the one and only Mr. Moffat himself!!! Unfortunately we weren't allowed to speak to the celebs in the cafe but, at least I saw him! Also, in the gift shop all of the Doctor Who stuff was on sale as we went in July just after series 5 finished. It was a great day although it would've been better to see the set or even more of the celebs...
I do like SJA too and I can't wait for the next series, WHOO 11th Doctor in it! :)

LadyMiir

Nat. Dex COMPLETE!!!
TR4eva: Did you go to any of the DW exhibitions? I believe one was in London a couple summers back, and there was one in Glasgow last April. My friend in Edinburgh took me to the Glasgow one, and I got to glomp the K-9 model :3 As well as pat/hug the TARDIS when the guards weren't looking >_>

This also happened:
*background music playing Doomsday theme*
*I start humming along*
Friend: "... are you SINGING?!"
Me: "Yep!" :D *thumbs up*
Friend: *Facepalm*

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I went to the exhibition in Blackpool last year before they closed it. And also the one in Cardiff. Still think the Blackpool one was much better but they've auctioned off all the items now.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
TR4eva: Did you go to any of the DW exhibitions? I believe one was in London a couple summers back, and there was one in Glasgow last April. My friend in Edinburgh took me to the Glasgow one, and I got to glomp the K-9 model :3 As well as pat/hug the TARDIS when the guards weren't looking

No, not yet anyways. They've all been on at awkward times or I've been away or at school. And besides, London is like an hour away, so it'll take my uptight parents some convincing just to go as I'm the only Who fan, lol =S I'm trying to see if I can get tickets to Doctor Who live in October/November time... hopefully!!!

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
These exhibitions sound like they'd be kinda fun. I never know anything about when/where they're on, though, and they're probably all in the big cities that are a long way from where I live, but... it does sound like I'd have fun seeing all the items and getting all geeky and excited. Hmm.

TR4eva - that day at the studios sounds like it must have been pretty awesome, getting to see all the props and stuff like that. Shame you couldn't have seen the sets, too, but then I believe the Doctor Who sets are all in Cardiff, so. (Oh, what I wouldn't give for a chance to wander around the TARDIS set...) And you saw Steven Moffat! That is so not fair. :< Even if it was from a distance and you weren't allowed to talk to him, it still must have been pretty epic.

Doctor Who Live? Haha, go for it. =D It sounds a lot more awesome and immersive and storylineish than "Doctor Who stage show with only minimal Doctor" might initially seem. Actually, I believe all tickets have to be booked by 17th September or something, so you'd better hurry up if you want to get in.

Yeah, so I've gone and booked a ticket for one myself. xP I'm considering myself pretty lucky that it happens to be coming to my nearest city, so I'm actually able to get to it. The only downside is that I was silly enough to book the one in the afternoon, and if my calculations are correct then there is a high possibility that it will just happen to be the afternoon of the second part of the Doctor's SJA appearance, which I will then have to record and watch later. Silly me.

Because yes, there is an SJA airdate now! The series is starting on Monday 11th October, whoo. What I don't know is whether there's going to be both parts of a storyline in the same week one day after another like there was for the previous series, or whether it's just going to be one part a week. If it's the former, then the Doctor could be appearing again on the 25th and 26th of October. Whoo!

vareki - I'll give you that "not enough Doctor" is a valid reason for not particularly wanting to watch SJA, but... you could always just watch the episode which does have the Doctor in it. =P

I'm not saying that finale spoiler from way back when wasn't worthy of being spoilered at all, but you made it sound like a huge mega plot-twisty detail which I daren't look at in case it ruined my enjoyment of the episode, when actually a Cyberman had already been seen in some trailers, and the Daleks... well, they tend to show up for most finales, anyway. xP

So yeah. I'll refrain from doing a precise countdown just yet because that would be far too geeky for a kiddy spinoff, but... less than a month to go! Whoo.

-elyvorg/Martha

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
TR4eva - that day at the studios sounds like it must have been pretty awesome, getting to see all the props and stuff like that. Shame you couldn't have seen the sets, too, but then I believe the Doctor Who sets are all in Cardiff, so. (Oh, what I wouldn't give for a chance to wander around the TARDIS set...) And you saw Steven Moffat! That is so not fair. :< Even if it was from a distance and you weren't allowed to talk to him, it still must have been pretty epic.
Yeah, it was great and I loved it! I think I may just have to go to Cardiff then to see the sets, lol... may take a while to get there though... Yeah, I was like 'OMG! It's steven Moffat!!!' Then when we left like two seconds after I wad like 'OMG! It's a Dalek!!!' I nearly had a heart attack, lol XD
Also, here are some links to various Doctor Who related stuff that I've made:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2379763/ <-- My Fanfiction Archive account, I have Doctor Who stories on there- sure mainly about the relationship between the Doctor and River but, still feel free to read and review/favourite etc...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2379763/ <-- Youtube video 'The Doctor Loves it when River Calls.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ44P0cJpWk <-- Youtube video 'The Doctor and River can Rule the World.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VfGp1oP8M <--- Youtube video (my 2nd- and better!) Doctor Who trailer.

As you may have guessed, I do love the Doctor/River pairing to pieces!!! XD enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.