• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Doctor Who Club v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becoming

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
If you haven't heard, BBC America has accidentally sent out some blu-ray copies of series seven part two early. This means there are people who have watched the episode and inevitably spoilers are going to leak onto the internet. The DW twitter has asked that people don't post spoilers but what's the chance of that actually happening? Basically, be on the lookout for spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled. God knows that they're going to be all over tumblr. I'm carefully scrolling down the 'the name of the doctor' tag and hoping that I don't come across any spoilers...but at the same time I really want to know what happens!

So yeah, beware of spoilers because they're going to leak.

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald

Spacial

procrastination
I live in the UK so I didn't know about that. I haven't been online since Friday either, so I haven't seen any spoilers. I have a prediction of what will happen in The Name of the Doctor, I think I'll put it in a spoiler, because I'm mentioning stuff that happens in previews and descriptions:

As mentioned in a description of the Name of the Doctor, his friends (Strax, Jenny and can't remmber the name or species of the lizard thingy, meh) get kidnapped, and it's obviously a trap but he goes to find them anyway. He picks up River on the way to save them, and there'll be some kind of awkward scene with her and Clara. When he gets to the planet, they are attacked in some way by the kidnapper, who then forces them into a situation where the only way out is for the Doctor to reveal his name, which is what the kidnapper wanted from him. He lies, saying something that is very believable (sorry for the rubbish spelling) to be his name, but isn't, and the only person who can tell he lied is River. I can't think of what else will happen

And that is my crappy prediction.

~Ponymon/the TARDIS

Last edited:

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
If you haven't heard, BBC America has accidentally sent out some blu-ray copies of series seven part two early. This means there are people who have watched the episode and inevitably spoilers are going to leak onto the internet. The DW twitter has asked that people don't post spoilers but what's the chance of that actually happening? Basically, be on the lookout for spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled. God knows that they're going to be all over tumblr. I'm carefully scrolling down the 'the name of the doctor' tag and hoping that I don't come across any spoilers...but at the same time I really want to know what happens!

So yeah, beware of spoilers because they're going to leak.

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald/Oswin Oswald
Heard about that so been very careful on all websites. Moffat said if no body leaks the spoilers for the Name of the Doctor, He will release a scene of Matt and David as the doctors. SO EVERYONE, SSSSHHHHH!!!!

Aegon

The early release of the Series 7 Part 2 box-set is truly unfortunate. Of all the times to happen, it had to occur at the beginning of the week running up to The Name of the Doctor. It's going to be tricky to resist spoilers, but I'm sure I have the willpower. To worsen the situation, my friend looked up the spoilers today. I'm at his mercy. He's commented that the "event(s)" is/are quite momentous, and that's something, coming from him, as he often expresses his dislike for the show. (Though I suspect that may just be to get at me. It works.)

I feel sorry for the production team, too, since they've gone to such efforts to prevent the secrets escaping. The last four minutes of the finale have been removed from preview copies. We've got a lot to look forward to, then.

Did anyone else watch the BAFTAs last night? Jenna-Louise (they seem to be referring to her as Jenna Coleman lately) presented an award, and there was a montage of clips from the show's history (they weren't the best, I felt) and a short skit with Matt (Axon reference!).

Enjoy the longest week of your lives, everyone!

The Eleventh/Rory Williams

Armando Payne

Damnit I can't seem to see any of the major spoilers, I really want to read it so I can spoil it here. Because I'm Chaotic Normal like that.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Right. Yeah. Those spoilers. That's... kind of terrifying, really.

Allow me to put my club-owner hat on for a moment, even though all I'm doing is reiterating something already in the spoiler rules: if you find out something that you even so much as think is from someone who's watched the full episode, and you for some reason want to post about it in here, for god's sake MARK YOUR SPOILERS. Make it completely clear that they contain this information. I do not want myself or anyone else here to stumble across any big spoilery information by accident, thinking it was going to be something milder.

(and in the event that spoilery information does get posted here and people have their enjoyment of the episode ruined because they unwittingly read it, if the person responsible for posting the spoilers gives me the slightest reason to believe that they deliberately led this to happen, I will ban that person from this club.)

Really, the safest thing to do if you do know such information is to just not post about it in here at all.

</growly club-owner hat off>

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want to look up spoilers for the episode. I'm not saying this about the few who were lucky enough to accidentally get the DVD and could watch it for themselves; they got to experience the story exactly as it was meant to be, just without waiting a week for it. But... for people to find out what happens in this episode by merely reading a list of facts about it? That is such a horribly soulless way to learn all these no-doubt amazing revelations. People who do that are throwing away their one chance to be able to experience it first-hand, on the edge of their seat, immersed in the episode, with no idea what's about to happen. It boggles me why on earth anyone would want to do that to themselves.

(and it absolutely disgusts me if some people, especially the lucky ones who have properly seen it already, have posted spoilers with the intention of deliberately inflicting that on unsuspecting people. I seriously hope that is not the actual mindset of any of the people who have posted the spoilers, and that they just did it out of some honest if horribly misguided desire to make other people happy because they don't quite understand the concept mentioned in my previous paragraph.)

Uh, yeah. Apparently this made me just want to get that little rant out of my system. My reasons for not liking spoilers: let me show you them! This doesn't extend to the kind of previewy things that the BBC release, because that kind of information doesn't soullessly tell us what happens; it teases and hints at it in a way that just makes me more excited for the episode without spoiling the experience of watching it for the first time.

So as to not make this post nothing but grumpiness about spoilers, a few brief replies to some people's thoughts.

Get on a spaceship and take over the cosmos? I don't remember there being any escape ship...
I think Mister Clever said they were going to build one. Plenty of parts and materials lying around on Hedgewick's World that they could have made a spaceship out of, after all.

Also, one thing: The cyber-planner was putting on silly voices for the majority of the episode. Some of them were evidently Nine and Ten, but who was the most common one? I know the episodes have been working through the doctors for references, so I'd guess it's Seven? I haven't seen much of his episodes but it sounds a bit like him. That or the cybermen have decided that camp is the most perfect form of human acting.
I'm pretty sure Mister Clever was just speaking with the Eleventh Doctor's voice the rest of the time. He perhaps sounded a bit strange and unlike the Doctor usually does because he was so very excited to have this marvellous big brain to play with that I think he got a little bit carried away.

Will be in spoilers as it is about the finale
[spoil]If Moffat kills off this Clara version, I will personally rise an army, and kill him with my bare hands. We already lost the ponds and two Claras isn't that enough! All this despite, the fact he has made the show so interesting, intense and most rememberable[/spoil]
Whoa, there. I really don't see why some people are ready to get so angry with Steven Moffat of all people over character deaths. It's his job to tell a good story. If a character has to die in order for that story to be the most emotional, gripping and heartwrenching it can possibly be, then he's going to do that, because that is the right thing for him to do. Of course losing another Clara would be heartbreaking after everything else the Doctor's lost recently - but that is exactly why Steven Moffat would hypothetically do it, because it would make the story more emotional and interesting.

Obviously, in-universe, where this isn't just a story told for people's enjoyment and is actually happening, it isn't the "right" thing for Clara to hypothetically die. However, if you want to get in-universe angry about it if it happens (understandable enough), then there is no use blaming Steven Moffat, because he doesn't exist in-universe.

Didn’t realize Angie was going to be so whiny, it was like one of those lame teen drama movies the Disney Channel pumps, ‘Oh, no one understands me. Life is so unfair. I hate you all. Blah, blah, blah…’
...she did lose her mother only a year ago. That's got to make it more understandable than it would be in most other cases for a teenage girl to be acting like this, especially as she feels Clara is trying to replace her mum. Not that I'm massively on her side or anything, but I just thought that was worth bringing up.

...I'm mentioning stuff that happens in previews and descriptions:
When he gets to the planet, they are attacked in some way by the kidnapper, who then forces them into a situation where the only way out is for the Doctor to reveal his name, which is what the kidnapper wanted from him. He lies, saying something that is very believable (sorry for the rubbish spelling) to be his name, but isn't, and the only person who can tell he lied is River.
Ah, but, remember: the Fields of Trenzalore - which is where the Doctor is going in this episode - have been described as "where no living being can speak falsely or fail to answer". The kidnappers must be forcing him to come here because this is the one place in the universe where he apparently cannot lie about his name, nor refuse to answer when asked. He's not going to be able to get out of revealing his name that easily.

I watched that little BAFTA scene and it amused me. Silly Doctor, assuming a BAFTA is some kind of alien threat. x3

~five days~

-elyvorg/Amelia

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
elyvorg: True… but, it was still annoying.

Anyone who spoils something this big outside of spoiler tags should be permanently banned from the club and any future versions of the Doctor Who club.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Why do you like Doctor Who?
I like it because it is a series that the story can be centered around basically anything.

Who is your favorite Doctor?
Easily the Tenth doctor, I just like his personality and how he solves things.

Desired character title?
I think that I shall claim a non-major character Alpha Ood 001.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Whoa, there. I really don't see why some people are ready to get so angry with Steven Moffat of all people over character deaths. It's his job to tell a good story. If a character has to die in order for that story to be the most emotional, gripping and heartwrenching it can possibly be, then he's going to do that, because that is the right thing for him to do. Of course losing another Clara would be heartbreaking after everything else the Doctor's lost recently - but that is exactly why Steven Moffat would hypothetically do it, because it would make the story more emotional and interesting.

Obviously, in-universe, where this isn't just a story told for people's enjoyment and is actually happening, it isn't the "right" thing for Clara to hypothetically die. However, if you want to get in-universe angry about it if it happens (understandable enough), then there is no use blaming Steven Moffat, because he doesn't exist in-universe.

I am aware but we have already lost two great companions this series and don't want to see any other gone too. I love his stories and was happy the way the Ponds left.

Armando Payne

TBH if I ever did spoil it it's because I believe Moffatt is a crappy showrunner and I would want to open people's eyes to it. (I mean this is the dude who last season decided to make River Song the main character and decided that the best way to celebrate 50 years was to celebrate only the last 5, so yeah screw that man, worst Head Script Dude Who's In Charge Of Doctor Who ever.) Also spoilers The Doctor's Name's Rosebud McBuddington III. (I'm English and the only thing the internet's spoiled is that River Song appears and
the dude from The Snowmen
appear and yeah, we kinda saw that in the trailer or it was common knowledge beforehand. (Does it count as spoilers if everyone knows it? Should I put it in spoilers if it is common knowledge?))

Of all the things and all the times this had to happen. All I can say is good luck to everyone, resist temptation and be weary of everything, I had a brief scare when a friend was reading a spoilerific piece and was, I'm sure about to reveal several important details, but thankfully I managed to avert the situation.

Be strong.

-The Joker./Dream Lord

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I really have to get round to watching the latest episode - I'm meant to be revising atm but I've just been spending the past couple of hours on Serebii so that's going to amount to nothing.

Regarding the current conversation about spoilers, my so-called "friend" just divulged a reasonably large spoiler ahead of this Saturday's episode which I did not want to hear. It regards Clara and I highly recommend you treat the below spoiler tag with suspicion and extreme caution.

So as far as I could make out, the Doctor goes "back into his own timeline" and does something like open his own grave, but instead of finding his body there, he finds a rift in time (Great Intelligence comes into this somehow) and the reason why Clara is involved in the timeline is because she was invented by the universe or something to help the Doctor a multiple parts, or something or the other similar. Apparently there's an extract where it shows her with the First Doctor, stealing the TARDIS, or something similar. That's just a vague picture anyway, I couldn't make a lot of it out.

But as was mentioned before, at the very end there was a*card saying that the rest of the episode will be revealed at the actual airing on TV. So stuff about the Doctor's Name and all that still is pretty much a mystery (except for those who got their physical copies of the series early).

The actual validity of this is questionable, but he has access to a lot of the BBC previews seeing as his father works as a journalist for a major British paper.

Last edited:

Armando Payne

So if we don't get spoilers we get to see David Tennant as The Doctor? Gee, what an incentive. (That's my main flaw why is the 50th Anniversary Special celebrating the past 5 years for? Like there's 11 Doctors right? 3 of them are dead, aren't they? So there's still like 8 Doctors you could add, maybe the 8th Doctor who only had one TV Episode could appear? Add to that the multitude of companions but instead 10th Doctor, 9th Doctor's Companion, 11th Doctor & Women Who Dies, Gets Resurrected, Dies, Gets Resurrected, Then Gets Blackmailed By 2 Brats Who Didn't Die For Some Inane Reason are the only ones there? Like you don't need a story for an Anniversary special (hence why Moffatt's the worst person to write an anniversary special because he never sticks to the KISS principle.) All you need is Everything From Doctor Who Appearing For No Reason.)

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Just to hear some people's ideas, if you haven't seen the trailer of the Name of the Doctor, don't open this and if you know major spoilers don't answer this. Thank you
[spoil]Why do you think the Doctor is crying in the trailer, he is clearly in a house(it is too brightly coloured to be trenazlore) possibly Clara's house. What are your opinions? I completely lost with it but I feel he lost Clara again![/spoil]

Edited:

Just want to add a theory I thought and get your opinions
[spoil]Clara says a few questions she had about the doctor, who he is, where is he from, where is he going and his name. Again, as I stated before I don't think his name will be revealed, but who HE is could easily be the answer easily mean who he is and not his name. Clara says everybody has plans previously in an episode and in ' he said, she said' she said she found out were he is going. Moffat said we will learn something about the doctor, we will be very surprised about. I think we are going to find out why the doctor is always running and why? Remember Emma in Hide said to Clara not to trust the doctor as there is a sliver of ice in his heart. Did the doctor commit a horrible thing and has been running from justice. The reason he helps others is to give him self reassurance and just like Jex in A Town called Mercy. I believe Moffat might have been referencing it things for a reason. [/spoil]

And finally does any one think this DVD thing may be a hoax to get us more excited to find out or is it just like AOTD when nobody mentioned Jenna's appearance? Like has it been proven that they were released other then BBC

Last edited:

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Okay, first things first. I have discussed it with The Eleventh, and he agrees with me on this. Armando Payne is now banned from this club, for breaking the club's third rule with his most recent two posts. I shall send him a PM explaining exactly why; there's no need to clutter up this thread with that.

the3rdH0kage: Sorry, I'm afraid I can't let you in yet. Those couple of points you made are valid, but your form has nowhere near enough substance overall. Feel free to try again.

Gallery of images for the episode. I really like the jigsaw-like one with all the Claras; it exemplifies the way she's been such a puzzle for all these eight weeks. And I like the way the prominent jigsaw pieces each contain Clara, Clara and Oswin... and then the fourth just has the background of space. Hmm. Can't help but wonder if that's trying to symbolise something.

Also, this week's Radio Times has quite a few things to say about the episode - all entirely teasery and safe, of course, as this is a BBC-sanctioned magazine.

The Doctor's friends rally to protect him. Aww! It seemed from the trailers that the Doctor would have to be the one to protect them, but it looks like this can go both ways. That image in the gallery with the Doctor, Clara and the Paternoster Gang facing the Whispermen and looking all badass together rather sums up the feeling this gives me.

The Great Intelligence and his Whispermen intrude upon a trans-temporal conference call between Vastra, Jenny, Strax, Clara and River. ...It doesn't actually mention the Doctor himself being part of that call, which is interesting and makes me imagine that all these friends of the Doctor are gathering to discuss the trouble he's in and how to help him.

Naturally, it leaves it unanswered as to whether Steven Moffat really reveals the Doctor's name or keeps it hidden. It does say that the Doctor's identity is a key part of the story, from his beginning on Gallifrey all the way up to the "end" on Trenzalore.

Jenna says that she plays a Clara in the 60s, 70s and 80s. From the way she worded it, I think she meant the same Clara for all three, but I'm not entirely certain. Angie and Artie are in the cast list, incidentally, so presumably we'll get some more glimpses of our Clara's normal home life. Also on the cast list is a Young Clara, which is... maybe not that surprising at this point, but still interesting to think how she might come into it.

And it's going to end on a cliffhanger that leads onto the 50th anniversary episode. Yay, cliffhanger! This series's structure has left it kind of bereft of those, but I do always love a cliffhangery ending every now and then.

There haven't been any preview clips so far, which is unusual. :< Perhaps the fact that it's a finale means there won't be any at all this week because they can't find anything to preview that wouldn't be far too spoilery.

Just to hear some people's ideas, if you haven't seen the trailer of the Name of the Doctor, don't open this and if you know major spoilers don't answer this. Thank you
[spoil]Why do you think the Doctor is crying in the trailer, he is clearly in a house(it is too brightly coloured to be trenazlore) possibly Clara's house. What are your opinions? I completely lost with it but I feel he lost Clara again![/spoil]

I think that's probably the case, too! I can't really imagine anything else right now that would make the Doctor cry. I also agree that he seems to be in a house, there, presumably Clara's - although the house we think of as Clara's isn't actually hers, as such, it's the Maitlands'. Would the Doctor necessarily be welcome there?

But although this makes it seem like at some point the Doctor is going to believe that he's lost Clara, I doubt he ultimately will.
...For one thing, Jenna has been confirmed to be in series 8, so we can be sure that some version of Clara will still keep travelling with the Doctor. That said, this alone doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that it's a different Clara, and this one we've had this series may still die.
Aside from that, though, there's the fact that She Said, He Said appears to be taking place after the events of The Name of the Doctor... and Clara, specifically the one from this half-series, is apparently alive and well. So even though it seems he's going to be heartbroken at one point during all this, things should be okay for the Doctor in the end! Considering how incredibly sad he looks here over (presumably) believing he's lost Clara, imagine how happy he'll be once he realises he hasn't!

Just want to add a theory I thought and get your opinions
[spoil]Clara says a few questions she had about the doctor, who he is, where is he from, where is he going and his name. Again, as I stated before I don't think his name will be revealed, but who HE is could easily be the answer easily mean who he is and not his name. Clara says everybody has plans previously in an episode and in ' he said, she said' she said she found out were he is going. Moffat said we will learn something about the doctor, we will be very surprised about. I think we are going to find out why the doctor is always running and why? Remember Emma in Hide said to Clara not to trust the doctor as there is a sliver of ice in his heart. Did the doctor commit a horrible thing and has been running from justice. The reason he helps others is to give him self reassurance and just like Jex in A Town called Mercy. I believe Moffat might have been referencing it things for a reason. [/spoil]

The parallel between the Doctor and Jex in A Town Called Mercy seemed to me to be more to do with the terrible-but-necessary things the Doctor did to win the Time War, which we more or less know about. I doubt that could have been there as a reference to this hypothetical terrible thing that the Doctor did further back in his past.

However, I do still really like your theory. It's certainly plausible - it might even explain why he hides his name, if it's strongly connected with this terrible thing that he doesn't want anyone to know that he did. I for one would very much enjoy it if the truth turned out to be something along these lines. We know the Doctor hates himself, and we've seen some of the reasons why, but maybe there are even further reasons for his self-loathing that we don't yet know about.

And finally does any one think this DVD thing may be a hoax to get us more excited to find out or is it just like AOTD when nobody mentioned Jenna's appearance? Like has it been proven that they were released other then BBC
I believe what happened is that BBC America - not quite the BBC, but official enough - accidentally delivered some people's pre-ordered series 7 DVDs earlier than they were supposed to. Various official BBC sources such as their Doctor Who-related Twitter feed have confirmed this, so I see no reason not to assume there's a genuine threat of spoilers. Be careful.

~two days!~

-elyvorg/Amelia

fitzy909

Just another guy
I believe what happened is that BBC America - not quite the BBC, but official enough - accidentally delivered some people's pre-ordered series 7 DVDs earlier than they were supposed to. Various official BBC sources such as their Doctor Who-related Twitter feed have confirmed this, so I see no reason not to assume there's a genuine threat of spoilers. Be careful.

~two days!~

-elyvorg/Amelia

i am wary of any spoilers around. i heard about this form a friend and couldn't believe it. a bit of an oversight on the bbc's part.

I doubt this episode will actually reveal his name. why? because there isn't a name that would do justice to a man like the doctor. people would be disappointed no matter what his name was, so i doubt we'll learn it any time soon. also, simeon is returning, which i'm not overly happy about. he seems to be a recurring enemy, but only in this series. he isn't a favourite of mine and i was hoping the daleks would be involved with learning the doctor's name. but still has potential to be great.

~Cyber Leader/Fitzy909

Poetry

Dancing Mad
i am wary of any spoilers around. i heard about this form a friend and couldn't believe it. a bit of an oversight on the bbc's part.

I doubt this episode will actually reveal his name. why? because there isn't a name that would do justice to a man like the doctor. people would be disappointed no matter what his name was, so i doubt we'll learn it any time soon. also, simeon is returning, which i'm not overly happy about. he seems to be a recurring enemy, but only in this series. he isn't a favourite of mine and i was hoping the daleks would be involved with learning the doctor's name. but still has potential to be great.

~Cyber Leader/Fitzy909

I think when people refer to the Doctor's "name", they take it literally as in an actual term to use to refer to him before he adopted the title "Doctor"; evidently it isn't going to be something like John Smith or Bob Noble or something similarly mundane. This isn't Scrubs where a recurring joke was that no-one knew the Janitor's name until the very last episode where it was revealed to be Glen Matthews. The way the show has been building up to this reveal (and it has been for quite a while, possibly more so than any finale) makes me think that once again the writers will subvert expectations and make it so that the Doctor's name is something typically abstract and something which none of us were expecting. Possibly something along the lines of "The Doctor's name? ....We are all the Doctor's name. It is in the universe, in all humanity, it is the willingness to survive and the power of hope which resides in all of us" or something similar to that. This is especially likely since River Song returns in this episode and she has a habit of being infuriatingly vague and unclear like that on many occasions.

Last edited:

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Okay, so there is actually a preview clip! It's pretty much the most incredibly short preview clip ever, but it's still kind of interesting.

I find it really sweet that the Doctor gave Vastra Clara's contact details in case of an emergency. He really trusts Vastra so much. This also means that sometime after The Crimson Horror he must have visited Vastra and Jenny again, when Clara wasn't with him, and explained at least something about what's going on with her, which is a bit of an unexpected but pleasant surprise.

It's a nice contrast with the way the Doctor was last series in that, nowadays, he's not trying to deal with his problems alone. He set this up specifically so that if anything happened to him, his friends would be able to come and help. Aww. Or, alternatively, were he to get himself killed while he wasn't with Clara, this exists so that he can at least make sure she'd find out about it - he doesn't want her constantly waiting for him, not knowing if he's alive or not. That's something that was sort of an issue with Amy, back then. It's so lovely to see the Doctor learning from his mistakes and trying his best not to mess Clara up in the same way.

I suppose this message Clara recieves from Vastra is what leads into the conference call mentioned in the Radio Times. The question is, how does Vastra know something's happened to the Doctor? Did the Doctor somehow manage to get a message to her? Because I really can't think of any other way that she'd be able to become aware that he's in trouble, given when she lives.

I kinda indicated this in a previous post, but I just want to reiterate how adorable I find it that the Doctor has so many friends who'll go to any lengths to help him. I know, I know, I'm a sap, but awwww.

~tomorrow!~

-elyvorg/Amelia

Becoming

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
I'm wondering how exactly Vastra sent that letter. Unless the Paternoster Gang (also, how did they get this name, because it seemed to come out of nowhere) (A) has access to time-travel technology or (B) is alive and well in the present day, then Vastra would have sent that letter from a century in the past. This prequel doesn't really tell us as much as I'd hope. I have a feeling that the episode is going to start with a meeting between the Paternoster Gang, Clara, and whoever else (possibly River?). I think Clara's going to be assigned the mission of stopping the Doctor, or something similar, because she is his companion...but what exactly is this trouble he's in!?

Avoiding spoilers hasn't been as hard as I thought...but then again I've had a tonne of school work to distract me. Nevertheless, I'm excited for the finale!

~approximately 12 hours to go!~

Becoming/Clara Oswin Oswald/Clara Oswald/Oswin Oswald/possibly a new incarnation that we'll meet tomorrow.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Saturday! 8D This particular Saturday, no less!

So this morning they released another gallery of images from the episode. Some of these are really intriguing, far more so than any in the previous gallery; I'd definitely recommend looking at them if you don't mind teaseryness and happen to be reading this post before the episode airs.

My spoilered thoughts on them may also reference other things I've discussed in spoilers earlier this week.

There's two main things apparent from here that weren't already so from trailers or elsewhere.

Firstly, all those pictures of the Doctor's girls (and Strax) sitting around a table with tea and champagne show what I can only assume must be that "conference call" mentioned by the Radio Times, seeing as there's everyone here except the Doctor himself. It's interesting how they apparently all managed to get to the same physical place to discuss this, given that River is the only one of them with free access to time/space travel. Hm. I'm sure this'll all make sense in that crazy Moffat-y way that he loves doing for finales.

Secondly, and more importantly if you happen to be me, there's those pictures of the Doctor holding onto Clara, who looks only semi-conscious, while the Doctor seems to be all worried about her. (by the way, have I mentioned that the Doctor and Clara are adorable? Because the Doctor and Clara are adorable.) My initial speculatory interpretation of this is that this is the aftermath of whatever timey-wimey thing Clara presumably does to save his life (as indicated in trailers); it doesn't quite leave her dead, but she's sort of fading away, and this is the Doctor trying to get her to somewhere safe and find a way to save her because he doesn't want her sacrificing her life for his sake again. But that's just speculation; it's likely to be something totally different to that. Regardless, I can tell from just these pictures alone that whatever is going on here will be lovely and emotional and tug my heartstrings all over the place.

This has managed to make me even more excited for the episode than I already was, which is saying a lot.

~less than eight hours!~

-elyvorg/Amelia

Status
Not open for further replies.