• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dogs thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a tossup between these...

- Old English Sheepdog
- Great Dane
- Collie
- Siberian Husky
- Cocker Spaniel

IDK which one I should get.
Do any of you have one of these?

- Siberian Husky-no, if you live in a warm climate no, because these are arctic dogs and they would not be so happy if they are sweating like crayzy. They are great dogs, however.

I don't know much about the others < :/ but it all depends on taste.

Nyter

Island Challenger
- Siberian Husky-no, if you live in a warm climate no, because these are arctic dogs and they would not be so happy if they are sweating like crayzy. They are great dogs, however.

I live in NJ where when it's cold, It is FREEZING, and when it's hot, it is BLAZING!

So IDK...

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..

I Disagree, my Husky does just fine, and i live in Tx, so yeah.

XXD17

Draco rex
I'm personally a cat person, I have a Siamese and they are so clean and regal looking, but if I had to pick a dog, I'd go with a German shepherd, large, powerful, reliable, adaptable, capable, loyal...but of course it requires a lot of training...I don't like little living rug type/ rodent-like breeds like Maltese, Chihuahuas, Yorkies, etc...Papillons are ok I guess...

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

Dogs don't sweat... But dogs like huskies can do fine in warm weather if kept hydrated and preferably if kept in an air conditioned house. It's usually the humidity that gets to those kinds of dogs rather than just the heat itself.

SmeargleArtist

I see dead people
i have 2 dogs, both labs, loyal and loving. I walk them everyday one young and full of energy, the other old and full of repose.

When i'm older i want a st.bernard or a pug =D

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I am in a tossup between these...

- Old English Sheepdog
- Great Dane
- Collie
- Siberian Husky
- Cocker Spaniel

IDK which one I should get.
Do any of you have one of these?

That's quite the selection there! None of them seem to be very similar at all. As you probably know, every breed has it's own specific needs so that should be one huge factor that determines what one you should go for. The Siberian Husky seems to be a popular choice, and as Pesky Persian said, the heat shouldn't be an issue as long as you let the Dog in the house under a shaded area when it's considerably hot. A lot of people do give up on these Dogs though due to not giving them enough training and not being around enough. And with the Husky being quite a vocal Dog, some people just can't handle keeping them. To put it simply, just make sure you can adapt your life to whatever the breed will need. My own preference would be the Great Dane because the one I know has an amazing temperament and is really just a huge lap Dog!

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
I have a golden retriever thats about a year and a month old. Hes still growing, but he also does the most random things. He would never stop using his his junk on the pillow. If hes walks to my room, that is the first thing he does. Its really weired :+

Neji-and-Pidgeot

THIS!
I feel that love for a dog is an open invitation for loss.
I mean we humans can outlive 3-5 canine lifespans.
I want a dog, but that is what scares me... Loss.
Don't you guys ever think of that?

I recently had 1 of my 2 dogs I have had since i was about 5(about ten years) die of a tumor in its neck. When it was gone my other dog would not eat or do much else. We got a new dog and everthing was ok. It was not the same though. But they cant live forever. But i think its worth it.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I recently had 1 of my 2 dogs I have had since i was about 5(about ten years) die of a tumor in its neck. When it was gone my other dog would not eat or do much else. We got a new dog and everthing was ok. It was not the same though. But they cant live forever. But i think its worth it.

Tell me how that goes man! I never really lost a loved one. IDK how to react to it (I haven't experienced Loss) and a Dog that is my loyal Companion dying would feel to much.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/dog-refuses-to-leave-dead-navy-seals-side

This stuff gets to me!

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
The dogs I've had over my lifetime:

Black Lab, best dog I ever had, never had any problems.

Then there was the mutt we had that was scared of all people because it was abandoned as a puppy.

The beagle we had ran away (we wanted it to run away too because it was a pain in the butt)

Another black lab. This one started out good, but was taken captive by our old housemate while slowly suffering in a pool of cigarette smoke. It was afraid of people too, only recently have I been able to rehabilitate it.

Golden lab mix. Dumb as a rock, still can't learn after two and a half years not to poop in the house. But still lovable.

Some kind of alaskan dog that got hit by a car, it survived but its paw was screwed up for the rest of its life.

And the jack terrier puppy my sister brought home a few weeks ago that is causing me headaches still, although I think this one will be pretty smart once it matures.

I love dogs, but most of them have not gone so well :/

Neji-and-Pidgeot

Tell me how that goes man! I never really lost a loved one. IDK how to react to it (I haven't experienced Loss) and a Dog that is my loyal Companion dying would feel to much.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/dog-refuses-to-leave-dead-navy-seals-side

This stuff gets to me!

It was not much of a shock as with the tumor he could barely eat his food. I had to feed him softer food in small pieces. It can be tough but i think it was much worse watching him be in pain.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Our Great Dane puppy smells delicious!
I can't believe how people dislike dog-smell.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Well, my dog?

lets just say that its like a log on four legs. He is unbelievably fat for a half breed, shouldn't even be alive, and, oh yeah, is half beagle - half Basset hound. Plus, he's so smart, hes stupid...

Cruxis

Banned
ellie is a dog

if ya kno what i mean ;) ;) ;) ;)

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.