• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Double Trouble Header! (120)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
This was the first time brock basically said he found a girl clearly significantly younger than him attractive.

Ash could have used something not so monstrous like Charizard to battle Casey. Give the poor girl, who was just starting out, obviously, at least a chance to do some decent damage.

Anyway, Casey seems like an interesting character.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Even though I found Casey a little overbearing, she had a lot of ambition, which I thought would give her potential. Alas. Anyway, I liked that Ash could carry his own weight against a rookie trainer, and Team Rocket manipulating Casey was fun to see. The baseball field stuff was a little odd, but I cackled when Ash got hit by balls.

Altinator

Standby for Battle!!
This episode is another pretty funny episode that I like to return to. The fight between Casey and Ash on the Electabuzz Baseball Team was nothing but genius and hilarious.

"The Electabuzz couldn't beat an egg."
"Oh yeah?!? And what about all the great hitters that are on the Electabuzz?"
"Those guys aren't hitters, I've seen better swings on a playground."

Trolololol. That is pure classic Ash and his cocky attitude. No? Ok go Charizard!!
complete shutout lol

How funny can this episode get?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Casey was fun especially given her overconfidence even as a rookie trainer ha ha. I liked the headband on her Chikorita and also the baseball references were nice. I'm glad that in the end she and Ash resolved their differences.

Gillachu

Banned
Really enjoyed how Ash used Charizard to put that annoying Casey in her place. He should do that more often.

I thought that was a jerk move on his part since she had just started out. I don't remember anyone doing that to Ash when he was a newbie in early Kanto...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I thought that was a jerk move on his part since she had just started out. I don't remember anyone doing that to Ash when he was a newbie in early Kanto...

Using Charizard may've been overkill, but I thought that it was neat seeing Ash in that position where he didn't need to restrain himself and could use a strong pokemon.

JudySpell

Banned
Casey's grudge against Ash for thinking that he cheated was entertaining and I liked the baseball stadium minus the annoying robots. 8/10

As a baseball fan, I liked Casey's obsession with it + Team Rocket's baseball stadium looked good too although it seemed like a complicated scheme. :)

UmbrionKnight

Oh my goodness, Casey was so annoying. Both her voice and her actions.

Glad that Ash was overconfident though. He rarely meets a Rookie trainer he can beat easily in battle. Though I am confused by the whole baseball battle. It seemed out of place even for Team Rocket.

Chikorita was very cute though and I loved it's headband. 7/10

I totally agree. The Chikorita was so adorable! ^_^

UmbrionKnight

Another episode where the puns are spot on :D

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The simple fact that Casey had caught a Pidgey and Rattata showed her rookie status and Ash and Casey's battle was too one-sided, so I felt sorry for Casey having to go up against Charizard.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nanako was acting too arrogant for such a rookie trainer, so I quite enjoyed when Satoshi put her in her place. The Rocket-dan manipulating her was hilarious because of the whole baseball stadium scheme that they set up. Nanako's Chikoriita was really cute, though. Far cuter than Satoshi's future one.

ZilverLox

Banned
Ash and Casey's battle was sure one sided. I felt sorry for Casey having to go up against Charizard, Ash should've used Bulbasaur instead to not make it so rough on her, though at least she learned a good lesson in never giving up. Casey and Ash certainly made a good team against Team Rocket. I laughed when Casey's Rattata hit James in a very sensitive place, poor James but that's what happens when you're a bad guy.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I did feel bad for Casey when her whole team got creamed by Charizard, it was a complete shutout for and that's gotta be rough considering she only recently became a trainer. Also, what was up with her captures being a Rattata and Pidgey?

I can easily identify with Casey and her die-hard devotion to the Electabuzz baseball team. Plus, she has a Chikorita and Chikorita is my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was cool seeing a Johto trainer just starting out and battling for the first time. Casey and Ash certainly made a good team against Team Rocket. I laughed when Casey's Rattata hit James in a very sensitive place.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I found it hilarious to see just how much thought the Rocket-dan trio put into pitting Nanako against Satoshi, what with the baseball stadium and cheering robots. It seemed so convoluted, yet humorous.