• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dragon Ball Series

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
I recently started re-watching the entire Dragon Ball series. Starting from Dragon Ball, going to DBZ, then GT, also fitting the movies in the appropriate places. I did this before I remembered about Kai coming to NA this year.

My question is: Does anyone else think that Dragon Ball is one of the best action animes and still pays attention to it?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Dragon Ball is still certainly memorable to me. It's not the best, but I have some of the fondest memories about it, and I'm currently enjoying Dragon Ball Kai with it's lack of filler, which held some of the most terrible memories about it.

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
Dragon Ball is still certainly memorable to me. It's not the best, but I have some of the fondest memories about it, and I'm currently enjoying Dragon Ball Kai with it's lack of filler, which held some of the most terrible memories about it.

I've been meaning too, but with me re-watching Dragon Ball first and not remembering most of it, I believe it would mess me up a little. Plus, the first season is on DVD/Blu-Ray so I'll just get that and watch before Season 2 starts.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Loved it. Just loved it

Best is all subjective, I certainly enjoyed it past the Freiza saga and even liked GT though I haven't seen that it for a while.

natie

Mr. F
I liked DragonBall. DragonBall Z was good up until the Frieza saga. Everything called DragonBall beyond that point is, IMHO, utter garbage. Too much fighting. No brains. Like one of those films with Steven Seagal.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
What the hell are you guys talking about? The Artificial Human saga was one of the best story arcs in Dragon Ball Z. Maybe the Majin Boo saga got a little ridiculous in the anime, but it was still pretty amusing to read in the manga despite the obvious executive meddling.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The Artificial Humans saga is one of the best sagas in terms of emotion and depth. It's easily my favorite saga in DBZ.

I have all of the DBZ Season Box sets but the Namek saga, which contains the last few episodes that I have never seen before, so I'm trying to find it for sale somewhere. I've also been thinking of getting the complete Dragonball season sets when they all come out.

I've heard rumors that Akira Toriyama had planned a) for Androids 19 and 20 to be the real two destructive androids, b) FOr Semi-Perfect Cell to remain for a few more episodes before evolving to his Perfect Form, and c) that Majin Vegeta was to never have existed, and that Piccolo was to have been put under Babidi's control instead. I would have really liked to see how Toriyama would have worked with these three original ideas and how they would compare to the implemented ones.

7 tyranitars

well I basicly grew up whit dragonball Z like most of you but my favorite saga was and is always the cell saga/android sgas

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes, I do. I still think that Dragon Ball is one of the best that I've ever watched.

Having 3 different series (DB, DBZ, DBGT) and keeping the storyline with the same main characters (at least most of them) is not something so easy for the writers.

I guess Dragon Ball Z is the best from them. My favorite saga: the Cell saga.

Zazie

So 1991
What the hell are you guys talking about? The Artificial Human saga was one of the best story arcs in Dragon Ball Z. Maybe the Majin Boo saga got a little ridiculous in the anime, but it was still pretty amusing to read in the manga despite the obvious executive meddling.

The artificial humans were cool as was future Trunks, but I didn't like the idea of them letting anyone become super saiyin. It kind of turned the into a saiyins only club where the the secret to beating the bad guy was always finding some new and improved tranformation. I also didn't like the reusing of the big bad guy with multiple transormations another 2 times with cell then buu. It was interesting the first time, not so much afterwards. I wasn't a big fan of the executive meddling in general/

Early part of the Buu saga was good until it started to fall into the pattern as well. Pretty much I feel that in Dragonball Z the show was pretty good until they started seriously fighting the big bad guy with multiple forms, then the rest of the story arc gets boring.

Richards22

leavers 2010
i like all the the dragonball's series , but the recent movie dragonball evolution, kinda disappointed me

i am now watching dragonball gt

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Most people like it, other then fillers and some fightn scenes and insane amount of super saiyans, theres not much to complain about.

on the live action movie side.....

[IMG300]http://i46.*******.com/mkdi5f.jpg[/IMG300]

Last edited:

Richards22

leavers 2010
yeah the anime movies are good, the dragonball evolution movie is a let down, but i guess they can't really make it like dragonballs series.

Last edited:

ForteAnly

I really love Dragon Ball. It was a very entertaining show to watch as I was growing up and had a lot of moments that I will never forget from Roshi being perverted to Goku's funny encounter with the ninja Murasaki. Same thing goes for DBZ. I know a lot people complain about the stare downs but it was still entertaining. Good times.

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
The live-action movies are terrible. You can't even compare the Dragon Ball series to the Dragon Ball movie. Leaves way to much out. IIRC, in the movie didn't Goku kill King Piccolo with the kamehameha wave? Lol.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The live-action movies are terrible. You can't even compare the Dragon Ball series to the Dragon Ball movie. Leaves way to much out. IIRC, in the movie didn't Goku kill King Piccolo with the kamehameha wave? Lol.
Leaves way too much out? Let's try hardly resembling Dragon Ball at all. A minor detail like that should hardly be complained about (Goku only indirectly killed him with a Kamehameha, anyway).

The high school setting made me puke. Though, I particularly hated the movie mainly because of their use of Chow Yun-Fat, a good Chinese actor in an unfitting role and an overall terrible movie.

Last edited:
Similar to the OP, in the last year or so I went through DB and DBZ. It is enjoyable and consistent, regardless of filler, and I consider it some of the best shonen out there. In contrast with a lot of the people here, I thought the Frieza arc really isnt that good compared to later ones (Androids being my favourite), though obviously the first super saiyan transition was awesome. On the animated movie side, I think i watched the first 5 of the 20-ish, but stopped because of the plot inconsistencies and the generally lower quality.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Dragon Ball was cool, Dragon Ball Z was also great, I liked the android saga the best and I think it should of ended there with Goku's death and Gohan leading the way, but then they brought the Buu saga and it got all crazy, pink bubble gum that does pretty much anything that Bugs bunny could do and speaks like a retard, super sayan 3, fusion of vegeta and goku and all this wack stuff. GT was.... No just no. The live action movie I didn't see, but I didn't need to see. My favorite movie is the Dr. Wheelo movie that was sick.

I wouldn't say it's the best anime, it certainly was the 1st great fighting anime. I re watch some episodes on youtube from time to time.

Last edited: