• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dragon Masters Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
I like the idea D-Boi. For Misty's pokemon I think a Blastiose, Kingdra, Swellow, Umbreon, and Blaziken would do good... for the last three, they just came to me. You don't have to pick them but I would like to see a Blastiose and/or Kingdra on her team.

Blastoise, Blaziken, and Umbreon are good canidates!

Misty
Starmie
Blastoise
Blaziken
Umbreon

Any more? It has to be an effective team.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Shiron, please fill out the form on the first post, then you may join.

I agree with the others on what Misty should have, especially Kingdra. I noticed about three of the trainers have either a dragon or pseudo-dragon on their team. I think they should all have one, but that's just me. That would be neat if they did.

-DTEX

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
I don't think it's appropriate for Misty to have Blaziken and Umbreon, she is after all a Water-type trainer. The only Pokemon she's had other than water was Togepi, which evolved into Togetic and left her. She also has a liking for Jigglypuff.

These are the Pokemon I suggested for Misty earlier:
For Misty, I would say Kingdra, Politoad, Seaking, Gyarados, and Azumarill. I'm basing her team off of Pokemon she has/ has used in the anime. She also has access to a Luvdisc called Caserin, Corsola, and Psyduck (potentially Golduck).

I also noticed that most of them have at least pseudo-dragons. It' cool. I also noticed that all of them have a Water type, and most of them have Pokemon that can fly/Levitate.

Last edited:

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
I don't think it's appropriate for Misty to have Blaziken and Umbreon, she is after all a Water-type trainer. The only Pokemon she's had other than water was Togepi, which evolved into Togetic and left her. She also has a liking for Jigglypuff.

These are the Pokemon I suggested for Misty earlier:

I also noticed that most of them have at least pseudo-dragons. It' cool. I also noticed that all of them have a Water type, and most of them have Pokemon that can fly/Levitate.

I suppose your right. I could change her Team Set somewhere in the middle of the story or when it has to. I'm also trying to make this a comedy like Break Out!!!, too. So I'm tryin' to see if I can come up with some good stuff.

shiron

best dragon trainer
Favorite dragon Pokemon-dragonite salamence.
Why you love dragons-this is not a question i can answer i first got interested in dragonite than it just went on from there

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Favorite dragon Pokemon-dragonite salamence.
Why you love dragons-this is not a question i can answer i first got interested in dragonite than it just went on from there

Thanks, welcome to the club :)

New topic: Why would dragons need fire?

Yes, this was a topic from the last club, but I still find it an intriguing question. Why do you all suppose dragons would need fire? Think about it, they're huge, they have armor-like scales, huge claws and teeth, so why would they need fire if they're so powerful already? My guess is that fire would come in handy for long-range attacks, if they'd need to fight from far away. Feel free to discuss.

-DTEX

Nylf

My vote is it's merely aside result of the process needed for flight.

If you've ever seen The Last Dragon, or Dragons, A Legend Made Real, then you'll understand why I think this. The production of hydrogen means that it can also be used for fire breath.

Also, cooked knight tastes nicer than raw knight.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist

If you've ever seen The Last Dragon, or Dragons, A Legend Made Real, then you'll understand why I think this. The production of hydrogen means that it can also be used for fire breath.

Either that or the people tellin' the stories just want to give little kids a scare. :D

But seriously, why would dragons have to breath fire? It all just sounds like an intimidating detail to me, just to make dragons sound more scarier.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer

That's true, though I've heard that the science in A Fantasy Made Real are in inaccurate. What's The Last Dragon?

And D-Boi's got a good point too ;)

-DTEX

shiron

best dragon trainer
Why would dragons need fire?

hmm realy im not sure i mean i like fire but this i one question i cant answer.

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
I don't think that dragons need fire. I was going to say what Nylf said, but he beat me too it. If you think about it, not all dragons breath fire. For example, the ice dragon. It's still able to fly, but it does not have fire breath, which shows that its body is not composed the same way as the typical fire-breathing Western dragon. This means it does not have the pouch that creates hydrogen. Instead, the toxins within its body mix with the cool air that surrounds it and creates an effect that's similar to freezer burn, giving it more of an ice breath weapon.

I think they don't need it. They have sharp claws and teeth, plus armor-like hide for protection, so that's good enough.

Salamence78

Garchomp Fan
Can I join? My favorite dragon pokemon is Salamence, Rayquza, Dragonite, and Flygon. This is a picture I drew.

Diamond-1.jpg

Last edited:

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
A new one? Seems like alot happened while I was gone. I'll rejoin anyway.

Favorite dragon: RAYQUAZA!!!!!
Why I like Dragons: They are so cool and sleek. Personally, I'm attached more to water dragons like the Leviathan.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Disco Dragon has a good point too. Not all dragons are capable of breathing fire, such as eastern dragons and sea dragons (excluding the leviathan)

Salamence78, you may join. Nice picture; it could use work, but you definitely have potential there :) And welcome back, ~*Myuu the Ryuu*~!

-DTEX

Nylf

Hydrogen can explain most dragon breath phenomenon. IIRC it can be charged with electricty, that explains the lightning, and of course, it can be reacted carefully with oxygen to make water, so that's how dragons can fire water from their mouth.

In the end, hydrogen is the dragon's true weapon.

Plus you can't rule out that it's a ranged weapon. When you're flying about it's more energy efficient to blast something on the ground with fire/ice/lightning/water than dive bomb it, plus the blast would be more of a surprise.

And there's the fact that should they encounter a foe better at close combat than them, they can gain an advantage by using their breath to keep the fight over a distance.

But it's as I said, cooked knight tastes better. Ice dragons probably prefer theirs flash frozen, electric dragons can still cook a knight, if more thoroughly since electricty cooks from the inside out, and water dragons probbaly like their food clean. I mean, can you imagine the smell of a knight after he's fought a dragon and failed? The water dragons just clean 'em off.

ashlover0013

Beginning Trainer
hey there everyone thats cool Salamence78

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
Just wondering, but did anyone see the dragon one week special on discovery channel? I only saw two hours, but it was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.