• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dragon Masters Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
Welcome Back, Ryukaen!! *insert "Welcome Back" Song by Mase/Ma$e here* How ya been?!

Well maybe they made Gyarados Water/Flying to be ammune to Earthquake(and other ground attacks) and/or to grass pokemon. The only types it needs to be careful around are the following:

Electric (most definately)
Rock

It has an advantege over rock thanks to his water half. And plus, it's able to learn Earthquake which is probrably one of the most well known attacks I use (clue: look at my last post), as long as you use it wisely.

Ryukaen said:
Ahem...Regarding Gyarados being Flying instead of Dragon, I know the reason now why he's that way. You see, back in the ages of Red and Blue, Gyarados was far more powerful than he is now in the third generation. His Special Attack was insanely higher, for one thing. If the creators made him Water/Dragon, he'd only have one weakness, and he'd just be far too strong. I'd love ol' Gyara to be Water/Dragon too, but, whatever.

;381;Ryu;380;

You do got a point. Gyara was stronger back then (I wish that his Sp Att and defense was higher now like in Red and Blue) but now there is too many pokemon with a rock/electric moves to kill him. A few good things would be that he can use the all too awsome earthquake to counter both types and is immune to earthquake which is great for double battles. But if he was part dragon, he can use ice beam for almost all of the other dragons. But there is still too many pokemon that can learn Dragon Claw, (but not as many as rock/electic moves) so it a bittersweet thing. I like him the way he is ether way but sometimes I wish he was a dragon. ;130;

Last edited:

ashlover0013

Beginning Trainer
i agree is there a new topic

ashlover0013

Beginning Trainer
me niether it should be

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Okay, new topic:

What is your favorite type of dragon and why? (dragons in mythology)

I believe we've had this topic in the previous club, but anyway, it's really hard for me to choose. I'm fascinated by western-style dragons (your typical quadruped, winged, fire-breathing dragons) but at times I'll favor the eastern-style dragons (serpentine, usually no wings, whiskers, e.t.c.) because they are so full of wisdom and power, and usually have control over some element; namely, water. What are you guys' thoughts?

Dreamer

living in a dream
even thouhg I grew up with the western dragons, I prefer the eastern, asian dragons, they seem more graceful, wiser, much more powerful, they just appeal to me much more.

I like both the western and eastern dragons. Western dragons because they are the first thing that I see in my head when someone says(or types) dragon and I've grown up with them. Eastern dragons because they are wiser and more powerful than their western counterpart, plus I love that they can control an element.

ashlover0013

Beginning Trainer
mine is also eastern dragon there more wiser and alot powerful

BlackFlameGymLeaders

BlackFlameGymLeaders
I like the western ones cause the eastern ones are usually like good and respected but the western ones are veiwed as evil and are feared.. and i like the the dark side.

Nylf

Yo, might I join? Again?

I have decided that Aggron is a pseudo dragon, along the lines of those like Fafnir of Nordic Mythology, wingless powerhouses. Anyone agree? Evidence:

1) He's big and burly
2) He's reptilian
3) IMO he looks pretty dang draconic. More so than Altaria, but that's not saying much.
4) He learns Dragon Claw. That's usually a huge hint, as almost all other psuedo dragons with claws learn Dragon Claw, alongside nearly EVERY full evo Dragon type bar Kingdra.
5) His dex. He looks very aggressive, but is described as a caring soul who looks after his environment. Most dragons can't be judged by appearances.

Oh, and on the topic, western dragons. Becaue western draconic style = Bahamut and Flygon. And Bahamut and Flygon > all. Nuff said.

Oh, and for those who don;t me and hadn't guessed, my favourite dragons are Bahamut and Flygon. Particularly Shiny Flygon, FFX Bahamut and BahamutZERO of FFVII.

Imagine BahamutZERO FFX-ised... good grief that'd be awesome.

Last edited:

CharmanderTamer

I like both style of dragons really eastern ones because they are graceful and powerful and western ones mainly I like the big wings however I don't like people mainly seeing western dragons as evil assome people I know do

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Nylf said:
Yo, might I join? Again?

I have decided that Aggron is a pseudo dragon, along the lines of those like Fafnir of Nordic Mythology, wingless powerhouses. Anyone agree? Evidence:

1) He's big and burly
2) He's reptilian
3) IMO he looks pretty dang draconic. More so than Altaria, but that's not saying much.
4) He learns Dragon Claw. That's usually a huge hint, as almost all other psuedo dragons with claws learn Dragon Claw, alongside nearly EVERY full evo Dragon type bar Kingdra.
5) His dex. He looks very aggressive, but is described as a caring soul who looks after his environment. Most dragons can't be judged by appearances.

Oh, and on the topic, western dragons. Becaue western draconic style = Bahamut and Flygon. And Bahamut and Flygon > all. Nuff said.

Oh, and for those who don;t me and hadn't guessed, my favourite dragons are Bahamut and Flygon. Particularly Shiny Flygon, FFX Bahamut and BahamutZERO of FFVII.

Imagine BahamutZERO FFX-ised... good grief that'd be awesome.

Hey Nylf! Welcome back! :) Hmm, I didn't think about that, about Aggron. I think only his head looks dragon-esque, but yeah I would consider him a pseudo-dragon too.

Bahamut rules ^_^ Especially the FFX Bahamut.

CharmanderTamer said:
however I don't like people mainly seeing western dragons as evil assome people I know do

I agree with you completely. Most every legend involving western dragons portrays them as evil, but I don't think they are at all.

Dragon_Reborn

May I join?

Favorite dragon Pokemon (more than one is acceptable): Dragonite,Salamence,Kingdra.Flygon.
Why you love dragons: Dragons are awesome and own.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer

Dreamer

living in a dream
are you kidding me, you're really not happy with the way it turned out? it looks awesome, you really got some talent there.

just one thing, it only has 3 legs...don;t know it that was intentional...

I say it's a great pic. Its way better than any dragon I ever hope to draw.

ashlover0013

Beginning Trainer
yea i like it and welcome dragon reborn

LukeMudkip

Beginning Trainer
That's a great pic. And welcome Dragon Reborn.

I like both Western and Eastern Dragons. Western because they are the classical dragon, and Eastern because they seem to have control over a lot of things. Have any of you read Dragonology?

Status
Not open for further replies.