• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Dragon Quest Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
dragonavatarbanner_zps1e80b4bf.png

Credit to Mochi10
Welcome to Dragon Quest Club II. You may remember the original club was run by TheBluePorygon, but it has not been posted in since early 2012, so he gave me the permission to remake it gloriously.
Here you can discuss all games in the Dragon Quest series, be it Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, Dragon Quest 8 or even Rocket Slime!

Metal-Slime.gif
Rules
Metal-Slime.gif

1. Post, at least once a month
2. Do not post anything inappropriate. (Spamming/Flaming)
3. No one line posts. They count as spam.
4. Use the Forms when joining
5. All other SPPf rules apply
6. If you are not a member, do not post.

Metal-Slime.gif
Joining
Metal-Slime.gif

Serebii Name:
What DQ games do you have:
What’s your favourite DQ game:
What’s your favourite DQ monster:

Metal-Slime.gif
Members
Metal-Slime.gif

Leader:
Serebii Name: Jazz Hands
What DQ games do you have: DQ6, DQ8, DQ9
What’s your favourite DQ game: DQ8
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Goresby-Purrvis

Moderators:
None :'(

Regular People:
Serebii Name: #1treeckofan
What DQ games do you have: 9, 4, 5, 6, Joker, and Joker 2 ^^
What’s your favourite DQ game: 6
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Hm... Tough one... Probably Godsteed :3

Serebii Name: Cyber Blaziken, call me Kai.
What DQ games do you have: 4,5,6,8 and 9
What’s your favourite DQ game: It's a tie between 5 and 9.. I'd say 9.
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Um.. I can't say really, Greygnarl

Serebii Name: Chingchar (you can call me ching)
What DQ games do you have: DQ4, DQ5, DQ6, DQ8, DQ9, DQ Swords, DQM, DQM2, DQM2 Pro, Terry No wonderland 3D, Rocket Slime, Rocket Slime the great pirate ship adventure (think that's what it's called :S)
What’s your favourite DQ game: Terry No Wonderland 3D
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Nimzo/Psaro/Nemeslime/Dragonlord (can't decide! :S)

Metal-Slime.gif
Discussion
Metal-Slime.gif

Do you use cheating devices e.g. Hoimi Table in DQ9?

Metal-Slime.gif
Support Userbars + Buttons GIVE CREDIT!!!!
Metal-Slime.gif

PopPrincessLyra
jazzhands2_zps5a31d08c.gif

Feel free to ask questions about boss help, items, or just where to go next!​

Last edited:

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Ok, the club is open! I'll start off with an example of how to join properly!

Serebii Name: Jazz Hands
What DQ games do you have: DQ6, DQ8, DQ9
What’s your favourite DQ game: DQ8
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Goresby-Purrvis
I got out Dragon Quest 8 for the first time in about 3 months last night, and now I'm grinding outside Pickham before I meet Red.

#1treeckofan

Um.. Back?

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Welcome!
As the topic is: Do you have DQJM2? Do you like it?
I have to say no. I do not have it. Would anyone recommend it?

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Ok, I am bumping this, because I want more members!
We got some new support art, courtesy of PopPrincessLyra:

Also, i am thinking of starting a battle section for people who have DQMJ1/2, but I know nothing about those games, so whoever takes control of battle will become a mod, as my way of thanks.

We also got a main banner, credit to Moichi10!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Omg...
WE GOT A MEMBER!
Welcome!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I didn't even know the last CLub got shut down ._.

I haven't really played the spin-offs. How are they?

Chingchar

What DQ games do you have: DQ4, DQ5, DQ6, DQ8, DQ9, DQ Swords, DQM, DQM2, DQM2 Pro, Terry No wonderland 3D, Rocket Slime, Rocket Slime the great pirate ship adventure (think that's what it's called :S)
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Nimzo/Psaro/Nemeslime/Dragonlord (can't decide! :S)

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Wow, that's a lot of games! Welcome Ching!
Also guys, Thursday marks the one month anniversary of this club, and I will choose a mod to help me out with things!

Chingchar

Thank you for accepting me! After hearing that you are playing DQ8 I want to dust off my game and pick it up from where I left off (already completed it once but started a new game) but I'm playing Terry's no wonderland 3D... I might give it a bit of break though as Im playing it in Japanese so I get stuck kind off easily >.>

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Thank you for accepting me! After hearing that you are playing DQ8 I want to dust off my game and pick it up from where I left off (already completed it once but started a new game) but I'm playing Terry's no wonderland 3D... I might give it a bit of break though as Im playing it in Japanese so I get stuck kind off easily >.>
DQ8 is pretty amazing, but I just can't get into it! Grinding is pretty damn boring. And Terry's no Wonderland... what's that?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Will the tenth game be localized? Anyone heard about it?
I really wanna play this one.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Will the tenth game be localized? Anyone heard about it?
I really wanna play this one.
I'm pretty sure it is getting localized, but if I do get it (which I'm debating over) I would play it single player, because that's just how I envision RPG's to be! Single player, with your own levels and items.I mean, I'm all for maybe online battles of teams against each other, but not working together. Other than that it looks pretty good, a bit like a combination of DQ8 and 9.

New topic :eek:
I do =P

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'm pretty sure it is getting localized, but if I do get it (which I'm debating over) I would play it single player, because that's just how I envision RPG's to be! Single player, with your own levels and items.I mean, I'm all for maybe online battles of teams against each other, but not working together. Other than that it looks pretty good, a bit like a combination of DQ8 and 9.

I do =P

Yeah, I'll start of with the single player mode, but being in a clan would be pretty cool.
Like, we can form a team right here ^.^

There's a cheating device? :|

Chingchar

I do =P

I think we will find out if it gets localized in October for the UK not sure about the US though... Only problem is if does come out in October that's when X and Y come out DX

Onto topic... No I do not use a cheating device and I never will I prefer to get stuff through hardwork rather than cheating.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Yeah, I'll start of with the single player mode, but being in a clan would be pretty cool.
Like, we can form a team right here ^.^

There's a cheating device? :|
Now that would be epic. 'Jazz, Kai and Ching traveled to the next region only to find that Rhapthorne had been raised again by Corvus?!
I mean abusing the game, like RNGing in pokes.
I think we will find out if it gets localized in October for the UK not sure about the US though... Only problem is if does come out in October that's when X and Y come out DX

Onto topic... No I do not use a cheating device and I never will I prefer to get stuff through hardwork rather than cheating.
X+Y... Or DQ10? Big choice. I'd want X+Y on launch day though, and just get DQ10 for christmas, but it's a tough choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.