• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Drifting Snorunt (584)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Too bad. This filler had so much more potential if Froslass had been more evil. At least I liked how the whole Snorunt evolutionary family appeared in this one and how there was a new bad guy aside from Team Rocket.~

Alloutℯ

Banned
Why would the poacher go out and say that he's a poacher? All he had to say is, "it's my daughter's/friend's/whatever Snorunt who ran away." But this is a children's show and they like to mark villains as obviously as possible.

We got to see another poacher who was actually capable of defending himself and was winning before Froslass decided to jump in and use Shadow Ball. It was nice that they included Glalie so it was a Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass thing.

Shayuin

Banned
I liked how Team Rocket worked with Ash and stuff. Froslass was cool and more Snorunt and Glalie screen time is always awesome. I'm glad TPCI kept the Chiisaki Mono instrumental at the end.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Loved how Froslass wasn't necessarily evil, she just wanted Snorunt back. It was cool how we got a new bad guy too because we needed that change.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was cool how we got a new bad guy too because we needed that change.

Well I'm glad that Team Rocket weren't the only villains present here, but the poacher guy with the Glalie wasn't exactly a big threat either ha ha. He was almost fodder like Team Rocket themselves.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Well I'm glad that Team Rocket weren't the only villains present here, but the poacher guy with the Glalie wasn't exactly a big threat either ha ha. He was almost fodder like Team Rocket themselves.

He was a pushover, but he was a fresh face. In DP we didn't have that many villains other than TG, TRio, and Hunter J, so the poacher was a fine addition. I just wish he had a name in the dub.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yukimenoko acting as a yuki-onna was amusing, and I liked how she was holding hostages as a way of getting her child Yukiwarashi back. The poacher owning an Onigohri seemed contrived however. It was simply a way to complete the Yukiwarashi evolutionary line.

Vulpicks

I've always really liked this episode, but I've REALLY gotta wonder why Brock didn't bother lending a hand when he has a freaking Rock type and a Fighting-type.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really would've appreciated seeing Satoshi have a small flashback to his own Yukiwarashi/Onigohri when he saw the ones in this episode. Shinou had amazing continuity most of the time, so the lack of a big reference was somewhat unnerving.

Daizy

I call you honey
I didn't find the episode as bad as almost everyone else seems to. I'll agree that the battle was mediocre, but it was nice to see another proper villain even if we didn't actually see that much of Froslass.

Scorbunnie

Didn't it seem weird that Snorunt and Froslass were the good guys here and the enemy character just so happened to own a Glalie?

I really liked how Meowth was being held as a hostage because he helped with translating the demands that the wild Froslass was making.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
Didn't it seem weird that Snorunt and Froslass were the good guys here and the enemy character just so happened to own a Glalie?

I think it was done on purpose in order to showcase the entire Yukiwarashi line in one episode, and this was the perfect place to do so because of the winter wonderland setting.