• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The dumbest thing you did when you were new to pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelesti

dancing queen
In my Pokémon Yellow... I knew that a Master Ball could catch anything... so I tried it on Erika's Vileplume. D:

Weavilegirl

Honey Im home..owner
I was almost through the elite four but I got mad cause my pokemon died and I turned it off.... I would have won that time

Killed Kyorge.
Completely missed my masterball on Saphire.
Thought Evergrande was the location of the last Gym.
When I finally figured out it wasn't, restarted becasue I couldn't find Sootpollis.

my first game was Pokemon yellow when i was about 7 i think. i was so happy. and i was trying soo hard to catch a Pokemon i got so frustrated i bit my game boy and nearly broke the screen =P

I thought when Kakunas used harden and their defence rose
i thought they actually smelt like flowers

my blue Gyarados was better than the red one in G/S/C

used my masterball on a snorlax

i thought the move rollout was really awesome so i trained a miltank to level 36 so it would learn it, then i never used it

caught a shiny raticate, didnt save the game, dropped my gameboy and the batteries fell out, then turned the game back on and searched for it again

i also looked on the internet where to find shinys, and people would post comments like got to route 1 in Gold version and you will find a shiny pidgey and i would go there and search for it for hours, then i realised everyones games are different.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
On leafgreen i tried to evolve dunsparce everyway i could think of: trading it, trading it with items, training it up levels and everything cause it looked as though it should evolve. Big waste of my life.
In silver version my friend found a 'gold raticate' (shiny of course) in olivine city ( i think that's its name) he said it was in a certain patch hiding so i spent hours looking in that patch for it.
And in Blue version i used my masterball on weezing.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
TRUE STORY: the first 2 booster packs of pkmn TCG I ever got had a Charizard and a Chansey in, I got so excited I dropped them on the floor of the shop. This kid came over and offered to help pick them up, being young and naive I was gratefull. When I got out of the shop I realised that the 2 rare cards were missing, I told my Grandma, who was with me at the time, and she stormed off and had a shouting match with the kid's dad, eventually forcing him to hand over the cards. It was so embarassing.
Later, I traded the Charizard - the most powerful card at the time for a Rhydon, and cried when I realised what I'd done.

I also gave away an ancient mew (which i traded for like half my collection for in secret because pkmn cards were banned at my school at the time) because someone told me promos were fakes. Then I looked on ebay years later and saw them selling for £20, which would have been alot to me when I originally had it.

blob

After I got this Sticker Book of Pokémon it said that Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo, and since then I've thought about it.

When I was in victory road, I left the Pokémon with Strength in a Box and I went on further and found what I thought was a Fearow. It ended up being Moltres, and I was stuck in victory road, so when I went back into Victory Road with my Pokémon with Strength I found Moltres again and I ran from him.

acer blaze

In Pokemin Ruby version,

I did not have anymore Pokeballs to use for catching Pokemon.

I saw a Magnemite. Eager to catch it, I...... used my Masterball.

acer blaze

In Pokemin Ruby version,

I did not have anymore Pokeballs to use for catching Pokemon.

I saw a Magnemite. Eager to catch it, I...... used my Masterball.

SurferBel

Banned
Oh, the first night I got a gameboy color and pokemon red for my 7th birthday I couldn't get past the old man who wanted coffee. I remember that I had to ask for help and since my parents had no clue they told me maybe I had to find him some coffee. It took me all night to figure out I had to run that parcel to prof. oak. lol

bluesonic1

Bird, Wolf, Dragon~
In my Pokémon Yellow... I knew that a Master Ball could catch anything... so I tried it on Erika's Vileplume. D:

Omg, I did that too but on one of the champion's pokemon in blue >_>;

I remember buying a lot of pokemon cards when they first came out, getting lots of extra foils like charizard, venusaur, zapdos ect. and giving away the duplicates to friends so they could play the game too...only to watch their value shoot up by about 800% over less than a month. XD

In red, I traded my mewtwo for a chansey someone caught in the final dungeon because I could never catch one in the safari zone.

Well, that is how we learn.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
i read a berry that said it grew well in sun light so i planted it and tought one of my commonly used pokemon sunny day it didnt work...

Manix

Another round?
I wasn't new, but first time through Sapphire, I didn't figure out where The seafloor cavern was. I restarted some time later. Had Lv61 Sceptile and Lv51 Minun. Thats all I remember of it.

Chose a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.